Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 07:55 PM   #46  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi gang ~

Another Monday under my belt. I've had din-din and everything is cleaned up.....it's Monday night and I like to watch 7th Heaven. It comes on in about 10 minutes. I also have a few magazines that I haven't read.....I'm so behind on my reading. So my evening is headed for relaxation mode and I for one am glad about that.

Sandy ~ Great to hear from you. Just come chat when you can. Great news about your Mom. She's doing so great now. Hope you start WW again. It's been so much of a help to me.

Terri ~ I love Brad Garrett too! He was GREAT and the show was really good. I didn't realize that Jackie Gleason had 2 children.

Janie ~ Praising God here for your wonderful news, that it's lipoma and not dangerous. Don't worry about your eating too much. I would have done the same thing after such news of relief.

Dianne ~ how's Willie doing?

Hi Jen, Es and Ruth ~ Hope you's guys are doing great too.

Later..............

Me <><
Old 10-15-2002, 12:32 PM   #47  

Dianne,
How is Willie doing? I hope he is taking it easy.

Sandy,
Thank the Lord. The news about your mom was truely a blessing.

Terri,
Your story about BRuce was too cute!

Zoe,
I need to get motivated. What made it click for you?

Es,
Sorry that you lost 2 posts. I hope you aren't going AWOL on us.

I don't remember who asked but I am not on AOL. We have ATT broadband cable internet. I couldn't go back to dial up if you paid me.

Have a great day everyone.

-Janie
Old 10-16-2002, 04:55 PM   #48  

Angry

Hi My Buddies

Janie, I was so frustrated after I lost them cause they were both long. One said "error website not responding" then the second one had too many smilies & I lost it somehow. It's not the first time this has happened. Anyway, how are you? I'm sooooo happy for you. I told you you were going to be alright. Prayers always work. I was getting optimum online but it costs too much & for the time I spend online it wasn't worth it.

Zoe, WTG with your trophies. I don't know anything about golf.
To get those trophies I know you're good.

Terri, sorry you weren't feeling well. I'll never forget when I had back pain!!!

Ruth, so cool about Maurice's friends from "back in the day" like my son says. I better not add too many smilies. I'll lose my post! Of course you can add me to your buddy list. I have Dianne, Jen & Terri on mine. Send me a PM with your email & so I can add yours.

Jen, you're so right about the movies. I'm starting to dislike going. I just might wait for the DVD's.

I'm so paranoid now with losing my posts so I'll end this one.

Maybe I'll be back later.

Love,
Es
Old 10-16-2002, 05:03 PM   #49  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri, very cool about Bruce rubbing elbows with the famous!

Janie, my kids feel the same way about their dsl...I just haven't gotten around to switching over yet.

Es, I was worried you'd be lost to us like Terri was for a while. Glad you made it ok this time

Ruth, same here, if you want to pm me, I'll send you my email.

HI Dianne, Zoe, Sandy!

~Jen
Old 10-16-2002, 10:17 PM   #50  

Hi Buds

Janie, I wanted to chime in and say What a relief!!! I am really happy that you are past all that uncertainty with a good diagnosis.

Terri, take good care of your back.

Es, I really look forward to seeing your posts. Don't get lost, please

I am still hopping around a lot with my volunteer projects, and my work. I had 4 volunteer meetings this week and 2 work meetings, plus tried to find time to just do some of the actual database work on the computer.
I went to Trader Joe's yesterday and stocked up on lots of interesting frozen veggies, frozen shrimp, and turkey meatballs.
I dearly love cooking, but time in the kitchen is hard to come by for now. I am trying to get back on the WW track, but that is one meeting that I won't be able to get to yet. I think that if I try to concentrate on the veggies and low fat choices, and up the exercise time, that I will start to make progress again. I have been exactly the same for 6 months!

Greg and I haven't been to the club to exercise more than once a week too! I am letting work come first, and he has a lead in the high school play. They are putting on the Odd Couple and he got the part of Felix Unger. I am so amazed and proud of him. But he is so busy too. They rehearse 4 times a week and as it gets closer it will be even more.

Hi Jen, Zoe, Ruth, I hope you are all well, thanks for your caring thoughts.

I am just glad and grateful to be here.
Hugs, Sandy
Old 10-17-2002, 12:07 PM   #51  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Sandy,
What a role for Greg to get! You have every reason to be proud Hey, staying the same for 6 months is a good thing; those who have reached goal say maintenance is more difficult than losing. I love Trader Joe's; they've built one close to us, and now that I'm only cooking for 2, I'm having fun trying new dishes with a wider variety of ingredients. The days of hot dogs and Kraft dinner are over now that the kids are grown
Keep in touch!

A friend (ex-coworker of Joe's) is very ill; she's been diagnosed with stage 3 multiple myeloma, which is bone cancer. Apparently she hadn't been feeling good for the last couple of months. It's so scary, she's 4 months younger than me. She's single, and it's sad that she has to go through this without someone by her side. Her parents are 85, siblings live in other states. She's been in a drug-induced coma for a week and a half; they're waking her this week to begin chemo and inform her that she's got a year. Please keep her in your prayers, her name is Debbie.

Terri,
Survivor tonight! Who do you think will go?

later,
~Jen
Old 10-17-2002, 12:12 PM   #52  

Hi everyone,
Thank you all again for the support you all gave me during this scary and uncertain time. It is strange all the weird things that go through your head. What will I look like with no hair?, Will my husband still love me if I only have 1? How will I take care of Ellen? It is kind of funny to think back on it but it was really scary at the time. I am very lucky to have you guys. Even though we have never met, I feel like I've known you all my life. Thanks again for being there!!!

Now I'm going to

-Janie
Old 10-17-2002, 06:23 PM   #53  

Angry

Hi Girls,

I'm so happy that it's Thursday(my weekend starts). I've been doing pretty good, food wise & exercise is always in my schedule. I love my Firm Body Sculpting tapes. They're tough!

Janie, I had such a strong feeling about you being fine. Sometimes with certain people I have to pray extra hard cause I sense something bad but not with you. I'm sorry you were so stressed over it but that's normal.

Jen , so sad about Joe's co-worker. I know a few cancer survivors. Let's pray she will be one of them.

Sandy, I should take advantage of Trader Joe's. There's one by my son's house. I've only been there twice. They have a WW center right next to it. Great store. I have to stock up on healthy food. The past few days I've been craving sweets. Well, I always want sweets but lately it's been more than usual. Pete bought these great Low Carb choc. bars.: They're 3 points & taste so good. They sell them at the Nutrition Warehouse. I could get hooked but then I'll have the runs! I useto love the Odd Couple. WTG Greg(high five)!

I'm not doing Halloween this year. I know, I know, I feel bad but I'm going to be home alone & people are acting too crazy these days. And...I WON'T HAVE CANDY IN THE HOUSE! With this sweet tooth I'll wind up eating it all.

Well, gotta go stuff my face. KIDDING Seriously, I'm starving so let me go eat my dinner & catch up on my soaps.

Hasta manana.

Terri, Dianne, Zoe, Ruth

Last edited by EsRios426; 10-17-2002 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:53 AM   #54  

Sandy,
That is so cool that Greg got the Felix part. I love that movie/series. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Es,
I don't blame you about Halloween. My mom didn't do it since we all left the house. She was always afraid that she would get accused of tampering with candy. Crazy world out there.

JanieD,
I am so happy for you!!!!! I'll bet it was a huge relief. Understatement huh?

Jen,
I am so sorry about Debbie. It makes me cry thinking of her getting the news. Poor thing. She will be in my prayers.
As far as Survivor I was hoping that jackass Rob would go. He is such a baby. He told Jeff that they were beating the other team and Jeff shot him down. LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is hard to believe that Jan is only 53. That island can sure age you. Clay cracks me up. He is such a redneck. Billy was on Days of Our Lives for awhile and then quit acting. I think he wants back in.

Zoe,
I didn't realize Gleason had kids either. Remember the movies with Burt Reynolds? Was it the Smoky and the Bandit movie Gleason was the sheriff?
I have about 10 Woman's World and 2 PEOPLE mags. to catch up on. I hate that.

Hi,
I just wanted to say that in the past 2-3 weeks I gained 2 pounds mainly because of a back problem and not working out and a bad attitude for a few days. LOL Well I decided to take it slow and do treadmill for a minimum of 20 mins. and I cut out snacks, especially high carb. ones. I had breakfast, lunch dinner and a couple snacks. I upped my veggies considerably too. Well I lost 4.5 pounds this week. It was so cool. Just wanted to share.

Brandon (for boy scouts) is going on a 2 night hiking backpack camping trip without dad. It is worry time this weekend. Bruce has to go on Bradley weeblo haunted weekend campout. He is too young to go without him. If I could tent camp by myself I would have taken Bradley. Brittany and I will hang out at home and watch movies and eat a little junk, within points of course with maybe a few banked points.

Have a great Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terri
Old 10-18-2002, 05:52 PM   #55  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
You did such a good job! I'm inspired by you again, knowing that it IS possible, using common sense and determination. I've been so far off for the last month, I'm getting panicky again. The snacks and sweets just do me in. Just reading your post has me feeling positive. Thank you and congrats
Enjoy your special time alone with Brits....knowing you've got points banked is a good feeling, right? Hope Brandon has a great time, Bruce and Bradley also.
Yep, I wanted Rob voted off also....what a jerk.

Es,
I don't blame you for skipping Halloween; having the candy here is a great temptation. I've tied the bag shut with a double knot.
Joey does a big production of decorating, sets up elaborate scenes in front of the house, and scares the kids. Everyone in the neighborhood loves it, the parents stop and talk, there's no way I can NOT answer the door with candy!

have a great weekend everyone!

~Jen
Old 10-18-2002, 06:41 PM   #56  

Talking

Happy Weekend!

I had a very nice day today. I convinced Pete to take off. We did a little shopping. I went to BJ's and was so excited that I found the Leslie Sansone tapes with the blue balls. My sister, who is on a cruise, her birthday was the 16th & she gets home on Sunday. This is her birthday gift from me. I hope she uses them! She likes to walk but sometimes gets scared with stray dogs. This will be perfect for her. I can't wait. I get like a little kid when it comes to giving gifts.

Jen, I remember in the past you had mentioned Halloween decorations at your house. If I had small kids (grandchildren) I would have made up a couple of bags. Since Pete can't have candy & I definitely need to stay away from it I'll spend it in the room with Susie. She'll bark at first but then she'll calm down. Maybe I'll rent a spooky movie that night. Any suggestions?

Terri, you are so awesome!!! When you set your mind to lose weight you "just do it". This is what I'm talking about when it comes to motivation, support & inspiration. This is the place to come to. Like Jen said, just by reading your post it did something to me, like sort of a click. This prgram really works. High 5 Girlfriend My SIL was so worried when she sent my nephew on his 1st boyscout camping trip by himself. All weekend she was stressed. They grow up too fast. Have a fun time with Britt(my girl).

Amiga, where are you?

Myra, I miss you.

Hi Janie, Sandy, Ruth & Zoe.

Have a nice evening everybody.

Love,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 10-18-2002 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:17 AM   #57  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Saturday Morning

Hi Gang

Just got home from WW and wanted to post. I lost 3 lbs for a total of 16.4!! I'm having to do a happy dance for myself cuz I am just soooooo thrilled!! So now I'm on my way out to the mall. I have an urge to buy shoes. I don't know why, I just do. Then I'm going to buy a birthday gift for a friend for a party tonight.

How is everyone doing? I can't stay right now but I'll be back tonight. Greg is out of town AGAIN so I will have the computer to myself.

Have a great day!!

Me <><
199.4/183/148
Old 10-19-2002, 03:01 PM   #58  

I saw an 11 yr. old boy on Oprah yesterday that, 2 yrs. ago, weighed 200# . He lost 90# over two years. He was so happy. I cried during the tape from 2 yrs. ago. He was such a sad little boy.
He is 13 now and weighs 110. He looked so good and he was so happy.
She had on Bob Greene and it was about his book "Get With the Program". Bruce bought it today. So many women said when they read his book it just clicked. It is mainly exercise.
Click on this:

http://www.oprah.com/health/bob/prog..._phase_1.jhtml

Here is something more:

Get with the Program! (That is the name of his book)
Getting real about your weight, health, and emotional well-being.
By Bob Greene
From the show Emotional Eating

We all know that losing weight is the easy part.
It's keeping the weight off that's hard. In Get with the Program! Bob Greene, best-selling author of Make the Connection, gives you the keys to losing weight and staying fit for a lifetime.

The four-phase plan in Get with the Program! is like having your own personal trainer take you through the psychological, physical, and emotional challenges that are keeping you from weight-loss success. There are no arbitrary deadlines here: you move forward at your own pace, making lifestyle and dietary changes and increasing the intensity level of your exercise when it's right for you to do so. Journal entries, worksheets, and questionnaires let you establish, track, and evaluate your fitness goals.

In Phase One, you'll make the commitment to yourself to Get with the Program, and change the way you think about diet and exercise.

Phase Two will show you how to rev up your metabolism using aerobic exercise.

In Phase Three you'll take control of emotional eating, the eating you do to satisfy your emotional, not physical, hunger. You'll also see the positive results of your efforts.

Phase Four is all about building muscle, making sure you're making the best food choices, and making your new habits of health, activity, and good eating a continuing lifestyle. Included is a week-by-week diary for you to track your progress.

Get with the Program! is full of anecdotes and stories of women and men who met their personal goals, further helping to inspire you to move on to the next level of health and fitness.

Zoe,
That is a fantastic loss. Keep it going girl!

Thanks for the congrats Es and Jen!!! It feels so good.
That is sweet of you to get your sister the gift. I love giving too.

Bruce bought the book. It is so good. So many women said that exercise just clicked when they read this.
He advocates only 20 mins. on the treadmill 3 days a week and
weights 3 days a week. It is a good read.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Terri
Old 10-19-2002, 05:52 PM   #59  

Angry

Hi Buddies

Terri, the Oprah show was a repeat. When I first saw it I was so impressed with the Mom with all the kids. The next day I went out & bought the book. I still haven't read it yet.

WTG Zoe!!!! You still didn't tell us what clicked this time. Do tell! I need some motivation. You're doing great. You must be on

Dianne, I see you online. I would have IM you but I'm expecting a call from David so I have to go soon. Maybe we can chat next time.

Hope everybody is having a nice weekend.

Love,
Es
Old 10-19-2002, 09:12 PM   #60  

Es,
I read 2 chapters and I love it. I didn't see it the first time around. I was impressed with the lady too but was a little sick of hearing Oprah about it. That lady had tons of money too which helps.

TTYL,
Terri
Closed Thread