Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 07:13 AM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Wink Hump Day Wednesday's Thread

Getting the thread started, bbiam to post...
Old 08-07-2002, 07:22 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Red face It's morning...

Good morning, all. I hope your yesterdays were all great and OP. Wow, that sounded entirely too positive and cheery for the way I'm feeling at this early hour. I'm proud...I'm continuing to do Jen's running program. I never thought I could stick with it, but it appears that I am indeed sticking to it. I'll be 125 lbs yet!

I'm too tired to think of anything witty and interesting to say, so I won't bore you with something that makes no sense...BBL....

Here's a little something to wake everyone up!
Old 08-07-2002, 08:06 AM   #3  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Talking

Ok ... I typed a message in the "quick reply box" then decided to copy & paste it in the normal "post reply" and lost the whole darn message!

Anyhow ... Good morning all!

I have a Bio final this AM, and this will be short.

I did NOT have an OP evening last night. I totally binged on Chips Ahoy (that I did not buy) during the middle of the night. Due to stress, I have developed this terrible compulsive habit - over many months. Recently I have tried to get a handle on it, since my school load has lightened up. But I usually have a few good nights, then a few not so good nights. After today I am going to try my hardest to put an end to it. I think I remember hearing that it takes 30 days to break a habit or something like that.

So today after my final, I am going to go for a walk before going into work. I owe it to myself.

I went food shopping last night and bought a lot of fresh veggies & fruits.
I didn't buy any goodies really - except some frozen Edy's whole fruit bars & some pudding & pound cake to make a light (low fat) trifle. Yum! With some fresh fruit ... ahhh ...

It's Wednesday and I have weigh in on Sunday AM. I wonder if I'll see a loss? I saw a 1 lb loss last week after many weeks of gaining ... so it was nice. But I think I have PMS this week ... I can't win!

I'm already late ... so I'm off to take my final & I'll talk to you ladies ( are there any guys here? ) in a bit from work!

Old 08-07-2002, 09:00 AM   #4  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Morning Jayne.... way to go on that running challenge. I'm so proud of you! You will be 125 before you know it girl!

Deb - great to see you back! I still don't know how you do it... handle two jobs, school and you're a single mom? You're super woman. I've heard once you do something 27 times it becomes a habit. Or something like that... close enough. Sorry about the chips ahoy. I can't keep ANYTHING in the apartment or it will call out to me saying "Eat me... eat me." I've learned to not have it in the house... although it's a bit tough when someone else has bought it and brought it in.. agh!! We've all recently looked into motivators. I bought a hooker shirt that won't look good on me until I lose about 15 pounds. I think Jayne bought a dress???? I can't remember... but having something like that helps. Every time I go to have something I really don't need... I think "hooker shirt, hooker shirt" and remember that i want to wear it on my birthday. Wow .... sorry for the long response.

As for the rest... hhhmmmm, I went to the free weight orientation. I'm still a bit intimated by it. Machine weights have never intimidated me... but the free weights are scary. Although.. I know they will help tone me faster and I really need to do them. We'll see.

Also... a few people have told me to start taking a teaspoon of flax seed oil... it aids in skin elasticity while losing weight.... people swear by it. I found some yesterday and one teaspoon is 3 points!!!! I just couldn't do it. I'm not sure I could waste 3 points on a teaspoon of oil.... I dont know.

Okay kids... catch ya later!
Lisa
Old 08-07-2002, 09:25 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... another day... OHHH It's HUMP day isn't it! Yeeee hawwwwwww!!!

Jayne, great pic. Don't wig about the pic. Who looks the same as they did 10 years ago in HS???? You look great and you have a great looking family to show. I always say that Emma was well worth the weight gain, even tho I HATE trying to lose it!!!

Welcome Deb!!!

Lisa, at my gym there are bunch of people that do free weights. Haven't tried them. But I am lucky because my hubby lifts weights occasionally and I would have a buddy to help me. He helps me with the machines too.

I am procrastinating at work. Gotta do something I guess.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:26 AM   #6  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Morning again...

Deb, it's good to see you back. As I said yesterday, I don't think there's any way I could juggle all that you do. That trifle sounds nummy!

Lisa, I bought a t-shirt dress...I also caved last night and bought one of those thigh-shaper tummy-sucker-inner things (my grandma would call this a girdle, but I refuse, I am sticking to my guns on this, it is NOT a girdle!) in hopes that I could wear it sooner. Too bad it doesn't make my caboose any smaller...it's obscene the way it sticks out on the back of that dress!

I have made such a great discovery...I have the most wicked sweet tooth ever, and last night I discovered that 24 teddy grahams are only 3 points...not bad. It's less than cookies, and it gives me my fix. Poor Aaron isn't going to have any of his beloved "tiddies" (this is what he calls Teddy Grahams, get your mind out of the gutter, ladies ) left by the time I get through with them! My last voice student, who is also my neighbor girl, stayed late last night for some girl talk, so we had a little Teddy Graham fest. I did, however, manage to stay OP. I want to be 14 again and have to decide whether to take the solo in a dance recital or accept a back-to-school modeling job at the Mall of America and not know which boy to "see" (that's what they're calling what we used to call "going out") and which size 3 outfit to wear! Oh well, I can live through her! Enough of my rambling...3
A big dancing marshmellow goes out to Jess for helping me post my picture -- you rock, girlfriend!!!
Old 08-07-2002, 09:28 AM   #7  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Jen, we were posting at the same time...thanks for the reminder about how worth it all of it was! You're absolutely right!!!
Old 08-07-2002, 09:41 AM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Good day girls. I have been lurking when I have a chance, but work/weddings/family visits/mom's financial troubles/leaking roofs/birthdays and no heat over the weekend (0C weather) was keeping me from posting. Still, no time today.

I just wanted to say I am still here and that I miss you guys!! I WI on Friday...hopefully I can post after that.

Well, have a good OP day, hope you are all well!!

Belle
Old 08-07-2002, 09:46 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'm trying to cheer myself up today my friend who i ride to work with was not too friendly today and i'm trying not to let it set tthe tone of my day
ahem come on world theirs a song that we're singing CMON GET HAPPY! a whole lotta lovin is what we'll be bringin CMON GET HAPPY
oh god am I dating myself or what?
breakfast was not OP but not bad I had coffee and 3/4 of a bagel with creamcheese prolly 2 tbs but maybe 3 (my mom made my breakfast and lunch today ) she rocks!
Jayne you have a beautiful family and I think you should slip into your body shaper and flaunt that caboose! I dont have the smallest arse either but some skirts I have I just work it! wear it like a sexy accessory
Hi Deb Welcome!
Jen i'm right there with you THE WEEKS 1/2 OVER and I'm procrastinating
Old 08-07-2002, 09:55 AM   #10  
Eve's Mom

I was just looking at the pic thread - Girls, my lordy, you are all so goodlooking! Ali, you look so good! Kim, (as usual) you are so cute!! That was a great pic of you and b/f. And Jayne - really nice family photo - you have great eyes. Aaron looks like he loves the dog...and of course all the others. I check it out regularly.

Wow, we are a cute bunch. If I ever get a new pic, I'll post it.

Must REALLY work now (even though boss isn't in yet, I have been in for almost an hour...)

Belle
Old 08-07-2002, 10:39 AM   #11  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning Ladies!

Hello and welcome to Deb! It's great to get new posters and there is SO much support to be found here. You asked if there are any guys that post to this board, but to my knowledge, the answer is no.

Jayne--Haha, you bought a girdle. Hehehe. (Just kidding!) I think that a lot of people own one kind of "body shaper" or another. In fact, if you posted a poll and asked people to answer honestly, you'd find that you're most definitely not alone. That's great that you're sticking to Jen's running program, I wish I could run, but my back just can't take it, no matter how many bras I pile on. And thanks for the dancing marshmallow, but it's really no trouble at all to post your pictures for you.

Lisa--What's scary about free weights? I've never done them before... I, too, hate the baggy skin thing, but could never justify using three points a day to make it go away. Especially when those three points could be used on real food.

Good morning, Jen!

Belle--Sounds like things are busy for you, but thanks for checking in. We were just wondering where you were yesterday!

Kier--I can sympathize, I'm in kind of the same boat as you. My next-door-cubicle neighbor is grumpy today and not even trying to be pleasant. Sheesh, she could at least act a little bit nice. Oh well, I saw screw 'em, we don't need to waste our time trying to push them out of our minds, they're inconsequential when they're like that.

Not much happening here. I meet tonight with a lady about becoming a Close to My Heart consultant. I really want to do it, but my mom isn't very encouraging. I think that she's thinking about her time selling Avon and Mary Kay (years ago). I also think she thinks I want to become super-successful and quit my day job, but that's not the case. I love to stamp and scrapbook, but it's expensive to get all the supplies unless you're going to sell your finished work, but that isn't very prosperous. Mostly, I just want to be able to purchase my stuff at a discount and have a reason to stamp all the time. I think those sound like good enough reasons!

WI is tomorrow night, I have a feeling it's not going to be a very good one. Of course, I could be wrong, too. Let's hope that I am.

OK, I better get a little work done now. I'll check back in later. Everyone have a wonderful day!
Old 08-07-2002, 11:14 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey back sorry about the short post before but my boss is EVERYWHERE and im her favorite today
Jess 2 questions: a what is a good thing to start scrapbooking with? I have a truckload of pics etc and I dont know what to do with them!
and b could u resize some pics for me?
**** shes comin back
Old 08-07-2002, 11:33 AM   #13  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HEY, I actually sat down and worked and was busy for the last couple of hours. WOW. I still have a newsletter to write that should have been done by now. Oh well, no one is on my back about it yet, so that is OK!!!
Old 08-07-2002, 11:42 AM   #14  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

D@mn girls... tons of posts.. I'll reply after lunch. I was just lurking and wanted to tell Kier....

I LOVE SCRAPBOOKING and I suggest Creative Memories for scrapbooking. I'm a CM consultant... and I can't get enough of it. go to www.creative-memories.com and check out their stuff... it's all scrapbook with no stamping. Jess... I'm not trying to step on any toes... I just wanted to share about CM. Does your company have cropping tools? Is there a website I could look at?

Lisa
Old 08-07-2002, 11:45 AM   #15  

Hi Ladies!

Beautiful day here! I am loving this 75 degree weather! I decided to take Friday off to do a "mom-daughter" school shopping trip with my almost 7 year old daughter. We are heading to Madison to shop at West Towne and Kohl's and maybe hit Chili's for lunch (I will be selecting from the guiltless grill section!).

I am still OP, and it has been three days!!! I am planning on walking outside tonight after work. My daycare provider is off for three weeks, so the kids have been going with my DH in the mornings to my SIL's house (she is a daycare provider in the town my Dh works in) so I have no kids to get ready in the morning, and they don't get home until 4:30, and hour and a half after I do, so I have lots of free time. I could get used to this!!!

Our house is coming along nicely, I may post a pic of it so far on the photo thread, with Jess's help, if she is willing! Our roof comes in tomorrow, so after that is up, it will really look like a house.

Let me respond to the posts.....

Welcome Deb. This is the best group of girls, couldn't live without them....good choice!

Lisa ~ I don't think I would take the oil either, 3 points? WOW! I am so proud of you for working the weights, you go girl! Not enough women try them (this is coming from a woman that graduated with a degree in Physical Education, and was one of 6 girls in her college graduating class, I had to take flag football in college, only 2 girls in the class, that was intimidating!!) Keep up the good work!!

Hi Jen!

JenK where are you girl???

Jayne ~ I also have one of those hip/butt/thigh things, I have to wear it with a couple of dresses I own, they work! Really sucks in the fat!! No, they are NOT girdles!!!

Belle ~ Come back soon honey!!

Kier ~ I am the queen of procrastination!!! Don't fret over the friend, everone has their bad days, don't the them ruin your bubbliness!!

Jess ~ I have always wanted to scrapbook. I too, have lots of pics I don't know what to do with. I would love to hear your suggestion about a beginner scrapbook kit...I like crafty things, but I am no Martha Stewart!!!

I know we are missing lots of posters, I hope they come back soon! You ladies are what keep me going at my job!! If I had to work all day I don't know what I would do!!!

Ok, better look busy!
Closed Thread