Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 11:58 AM   #16  
Proud Canadian

OK - I'm in early today because I have a job interview on lunch and nobody's here so I'll post. My interview is in the office of Financial assistance and I'm completely unqualified but I like to scare this office into posting the position I'm in so I can actually get some benefits. I found the best food ever. Ice Cream! There is this brand they make near my home that has no sugar and is amazingly good. 2pts for a half cup!! of course I eat more but no sugar is good! My sister's wedding is this weekend and we're going crazy with plans. It looks like it's coming together effortlessly so that's a good thing. My mom has the week off and she's doing the little things like pressing the dresses. I'm so excited. I also bought a body shaper for under the dresses, I'm calling them shorts not a girdle.

Jayne - your little boy is adorable - love that picture! Voice student? are you a singing teacher? I don't know how I missed that. I have a degree in theatre and have done many voice classes. I sure miss it - one day I'll do it again.

Deb - mmmm trifle sounds good - low fat trifle, even better - nice to meet you.

Lisa - what would happen if you used flax seed? would it have the same effect? or tablets? There is a flax seed bread I sometimes get that is one point per slice but it probably doesn't help with the elasticity.

Jen - I love the new picture of emma, she sure is getting big.

Belle - Hi. Hope your life calms down a bit for you.

Kier - is your day looking any better - you've got the partridge family stuck in my head now - c'mon get hap-PEE!

Jess - what is the Close to my heart? is that the scrapbooking? I've seen a lot of women up here at bridal shows displaying their scrapbooks - it looks like fun.

OK a quick hi to everyone I missed and anyone who hasn't posted yet. I'll actually do some work so I don't feel guilty when I leave at lunch

KT
Old 08-07-2002, 12:10 PM   #17  
Eve's Mom

Default boss is gone...

Hi girls! I have a free moment, so I am writing!

Wow, I HAVE been nuts lately. I started physio and its not really helping yet. I think my back is better but my arm is more painful than before. Plus, the bad news is, I still shouldn't be running, as my vertibrae fractures aren't fully healed. I am trying to get my back in good shape for Thailand, but its only 3.5 weeks to go?! I don't know if I can get in great shape by then, but I am gonna die trying. Other than that, things have been going pretty good (just busy). My b/f has been really good. we are coming up to our 2 year anniversary next week, Aug 18th. He won't be around though, which of course, sucks. I have to wait for the 25th...any suggestions on something cool to do??

On Scrapbooking, I love it too. I did my last trip to Europe (took me 3 years) and now I will do my Thailand trip. It'll be my fall project, as the b/f is taking his MBA and I'll have a few nights a week alone at home. I am also taking bellydancing!! I think it'll be fun. I dont' have anyone to go with, so I am doing it all on my own.

Jayne - make it your mantra - you WILL be 125....I am sure your dress looks great. Kier is right - work that butt to your advantage, and it AIN'T a girdle....

Welcome Deb!

Lisa - howdy Flax seed oil,eh? Do you take it once a day?? I have been moisturizing like no tomorrow, plus I hear that the water really does make a difference. I couldnt' do the 3 point oil either....

Jen - how do you like working out with DH? My b/f isn't too interested in gyms, but we do bike together, when he has energy...

jess - what is close to my heart??? Like creative moments??

Tonya congrats on being OP that long...and have fun on your mom-daughter day, that sounds fun. I can't believe you have a kid that old?! My god, I am not even close to that point.

KT - mmmmmm ice cream........good luck on the interview, even if you are unqualified, you never know. Maybe your office will take the hint. lI hate when they keep you temporary and cop out of the benefits.....I have been there too....

Well, I better get my butt in gear.....hello to everyone else!!

Belle
Old 08-07-2002, 01:16 PM   #18  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hello Jen... that's great your hubby can give you pointers... it would be nice to have a little coach... I could get a trainer... but ma, they're $$$

Jayne - teddy grahms are so yummy... I might have to get some of those very soon. You really are gorgeous.... too, so you're going to look amazing at your reuinion... I'm sure most people aren't 125 anymore... see... I'm so different... I was never skinny. Ever... In fact, I weigh less now than I did in middle school. In middle school I was around 145, high school got up to 176, then lost to 140... then gained again to 170 by senoir year... went to college... was up to 185, then 195... by senior year I was 237!!!! AGH! So I've always been big.

Belle... missing you. I haven't taken flax seed oil yet... I'm been taking Evening Primrose Oil tablets for a while now... although I've never really believed all this herbal stuff... I have been drinking water like there's no tomorrow though...

Kier... love the fun cartoons... .they're cheering me up for sure. I looked at Jess's company... looks like we're not competing, which is good. her company sells the stamps and paper you might want to decorate with. My company sells tools to crop your pictures and stick them on your pages safely... plus fun stickers.

Tonya... that's awesome about being OP for 3 days straight... I haven't been OP for 3 days straight in a while. You rock. At least going to an all girl gym, there are tons of girls using the free weights... it's still just scary.

KT -good luck with the interview... show them what you're worth! As for flax seed.... the oil has like 2100mg of flax seed... whereas the tablets have about 500mg... so I hear the oil is best... but the tablets are 10 cal a piece and so i might do that.... a little might be better than none and better than 3 points!!!! Thanks for the suggestion!

Lunch was a challenge.... they had buffalo chicken melts in the cafeteria!!! I was dying... I stuck with my 5 points lunch (salad with chicken and a banana) then I went walking after lunch. I'm glad I didn't cave in... but man it looked so good!!!!

Lisa
Old 08-07-2002, 01:28 PM   #19  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Lunch Break

What the heck am I saying lunch break for? All day around this place (my work) is a darn lunch break.

Busy thread today, yay!

Lisa--Of course you're not stepping on my toes by telling everyone that you're a CM consultant! Sheesh, I'm not even a consultant yet (and not sure I have the guts to become one--what if I can't do it?), so it's not like you're competition. If I go to the CM webpage, can I order products through you? I haven't even seen a CM catalog in ages and probably "need" a few things from them. Based on what I've seen, I think CTMH does more with stamping than scrapping. They used to be DOTS (short for Dozens of Terrific Stamps) and have recently started with the scrapbooking stuff. They do have a website, but you can't view their catalog (which kind of sucks, in my opinion, but I'm hoping that will change). It's http://www.closetomyheart.com, if you're interested. The thing that I really like about CTMH is that all of their inks, markers, papers, everything comes from the same dye, so all the stuff matches.

Jen--Way to go getting a little work done, I really should be following your example...

Tonya--I'm surrounded by crafty things. My mom is a craftywoman, so I've grown up surrounded by it. She paints, and has recently added making candles to her list of things she does. Last night (around 11 p.m.) she added "smelly Jelly" to the list--it's this gel that she can make to smell like any of her candles. I'm eager to try it out! If anyone's interested in those or the candles... (Kidding. Sort of.).

KT and Belle--Close to My Heart is a company that sells rubber stamping and scrapbooking supplies and materials. Scrapbooking IS lots of fun and a great way to preserve photos for the long run.

OK, I gotta work now. Hello to anyone I missed! I'll be back again later, probably (like I could ever stay away!)

Last edited by JessIsOK; 08-07-2002 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-07-2002, 03:46 PM   #20  
One Sick Puppy

Is it me? I post and everyone disappears. This is a common thing, it happens almost every day! Going to cry now...
Old 08-07-2002, 03:50 PM   #21  

Jess ~

Don't cry, I can't explain it, but is isn't you!!!!!!!!! I'm here, but wasn't going to post again, or you all would think this is all I do all day!!

So, what do ya want to talk about Jess, I am here for ya!!!
Old 08-07-2002, 03:57 PM   #22  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

I have AOL IM ... I'm online all day at work if anyone wants to chat ...
racinraven

Yahoo IM too ... Debbiedoo1976

I just haven't gotten a chance to post again - too busy checking out other dieters journals.
Old 08-07-2002, 03:58 PM   #23  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

DOn't cry... that always happens to me too.

Hey there Jess... how's it going? I looked at the site... your stuff looks nice. Yes, it seems that you guys do more for decorating adn we do more for albums, pages, and cropping tools...

I am SO HUNGRY that I decided to have my 2-points bar a little early... I ate it, although I feel like I could eat 5 more and still be hungry... drinking water now.... don't know why I'm so hungry... but I'm looking forward to my 5-point quesadillas tonight:

2 Manny's Fat Free Flour Tortillas (2 points)
1/4 package short cuts chicken (1 point)
1/4 cup sargento cheese (2 points)
scallions (free)
salsa (free)
fat free sour cream (free for 2 tbsp)
jalapenos (free)

I use the Can't Believe it's Not Butter Spray.. and grill it in a skillet... MMMMMMMmmmmmmm!

I really not sure I can wait!!

Lisa
Old 08-07-2002, 04:07 PM   #24  

Lisa,

I am going to try your quesadillas, they sound awesome!!!!
Old 08-07-2002, 04:19 PM   #25  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey Jess... So sad huh!!! There have been some big gaps after I posted also... maybe we could start a smelly somethings thread!!

Oh well...

Lisa, yesterday I had the munchies way bad. Don't know how I made it through. I did snack a bit too much tho. I am doing better today. Only 3 tootsie rolls so far.

Having issues with the car dealership. They pulled a crappy move on us and I am not happy. Hubby put a call in but they haven't called back. He is calling at 3:30 (10 minutes). Hope someone has some answers. Arggggggggggggggggg...
Old 08-07-2002, 04:23 PM   #26  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Lisa post that on the recipe thread!
works busy at the Mo ARGG
Lisa Q 2 can i buy thru u and where are the prices on the site?
Old 08-07-2002, 04:27 PM   #27  
One Sick Puppy

Yummy, I'm going to try those, too! I was just sitting here, thinking how bored I've become with my suppers and wishing I had something else that's quick and easy to make and then, poof! there's the perfect thing! I even have all the stuff for it at home! Thank goodness!

Oh, and in case you guys were concerned, I wasn't really crying. Sometimes I get a little dramatic.

Lisa--Haven't heard much about Brian?? Is that still developing (if you don't mind me asking)?

Tonya--It's OK to post all day. What do you think I do?

Deb--You and I probably bumped into each other while checking out other dieters journals, I've been doing that a little bit today, too. (What work?)

OK, I better get a little more done before I head out. You know I'll be back.
Old 08-07-2002, 04:54 PM   #28  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Fast thread cuz I'm outta here...

Kier...ABSOLUTELY! email me your address and I'll send you a catalog with the prices.. I'm doing that for TOnya too.

Jess..... things with Brian are moving along... but I'm not sure I'm raedy for something serious and he seems like he is... we're going out tomorrow night and Saturday... he's a sweetie, but I'm so hot and cold with him...one minute I adore him, the other I'm just blah. I don't know what it is with me.

here's his email from MOn morning:

Hey you

Thanks for letting me stay over with you. Guess what, No Ticket on the Jeep... I have a million things to write/say, but nothing seems to be coming out. I believe that you have me flustered. Well, write when you can. I hope that you are not too tired, but I have to admit that waking up next to you was worth it. Brian

Don't worry... he just stayed over... all we did was kiss. But how sweet was his email.... but at the same time.. it freaks me out a little.

Lisa
Old 08-07-2002, 05:38 PM   #29  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Brian Lu-huvs Lisa, Brian Lu-huvs Lisa!!!
Just had to throw you all back to first grade there for a sec!

Lisa, I had to go make a quesadilla because I am sitting here starving, but it worked out pointswise, so it was a good thing! Dee-lish!!! I subbed 1 Tbsp of those precooked bacon bits for the chicken (those are 1 pt per tbsp) because I didn't have chicken on hand, but it still rocked...gave it a nice smoky flavor.
So I really don't have much to say beyond all I've said today, but I didn't want Jess to get a complex

See you chickens tomorrow!!!
Old 08-07-2002, 05:40 PM   #30  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Lisa - awww ... I say that now because I am not in your situation. Sappy things like that from guys usually make me gag. I guess it's because I feel pressured if my feelings aren't the same - I don't know how to handle it.
Have fun with the relationship & move along at your own speed.

Jess - my eyes are killing me from surfing through dieters pages today. I like to look at people's progress photos to see how much they have changed. I've always wanted to track my progress with a webpage, but I'm too lazy to keep it updates & that's what frustrates me about others pages. I'm picky ...

Jen - I'm having car issues myself. I was rearended over 2 weeks ago and can not for the life of me get a hold of the girl who cause the accident, I have no insurance info, and her company has not contacted me so I can't get my truck fixed. I got the truck in February - it's a 2002 CR-V - and the damage is not extensive, but I want it fixed. I'm getting pissed ... I'm sure if the shoe were on the other foot.
Car dealers can be the worst (is that such a word?). They always find hidden things at the last minute and I've had NO luck w/ any car I've leased. Both brand new cars - transmission problems. Car #2 was a nightmare ... I couldn't wait to get rid of it.
I hope you get what you want/deserve out of this dealership.

I don't remember who said they haven't worked w/ free weights, but give it a shot! It can be a lot of fun. I find that at my gym I like it better in the Free Weight Room w/ the muscle necks. Initially I was intimidated by them, but if you have a question they are usually very helpful & don't mind. I did work w/ a trainer for 9 mos & that is what gave me the knowledge on how to work w/ free weights. So I felt somewhat confident working on my own.

It's a boring day at work.

I took my Bio exam in 30 min & am done for 1 month. I am taking 2 Nutrition classes in the Fall.

I brought my clothes & sneakers w/ me to walk after work; maybe I'll squeeze a mile run out of the treadmill tonight too. I'll cut out a bit early since there is really nothing going on here.

This morning - after the exam & before work - I caught the last 30 min of the movie "I Am Sam" ... oh ... my ... God ... I was sitting on the couch sobbing. I'm not a movie person, don't watch TV (as it is usually monopolized anyhow) so I am totally out of the Entertainment loop. We did see Austin Powers 3 Friday night.

I'm rambling now because I wish I had someone to talk to ... la la la la la ...

I've been OP all day & I will NOT Midnight Binge tonight!
I've got a nice piece of Salmon waiting for me for dinner. Some grilled veggies & I'm good to go!

I'll keep checking in ...

Thanks for listening ladies!
Closed Thread