Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 10:55 PM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Humpety-Dumpety Hump Day Wednesday

Yeah, so it's late, I'm tired and boy, am I slap happy. Does it show? I had weigh in tonight, and since no one reads the threads at night, I decided to post a new thread for tomorrow. I wasn't down much, only .4, but I'm pretty satisfied with that, seeing as how TOM is due to start sometime tonight/early tomorrow morning.

I read yesterday's post...Belle, I have never laughed so hard as when I read that you flushed your ID badge down the throne! That totally sounds like something I would do, considering that I have lost 2 pedometers this way, in the same Target bathroom stall, no less!

Come out and play, everyone!
Old 11-19-2002, 11:25 PM   #2  
Canadian Chick

Default ITS A GIRL!!

Hey all,

I'm super excited!!! My Dad called & they had the baby! I now have a sister Everyone is healthy & happy. They haven't made the name offiicial yet but they were thinking either Breanne or Breanna -Dad said she was wrapped up to tight & too sleepy to decide if that's who she looked like. He said it might change by tomorrow (btw it's still Tuesday night here) He called me only an hour after she was born so I don't know how much she weighs yet. I just knew it was going to be a girl. I've been saying that for this whole pregnancy. I am heading home Thursday afternoon to see them I can't wait Being 24 I had resigned myself to the fact that I would always only have brothers so this is great If she is as sweet as my little 7 year old brother we're in for a treat I'm hoping my Dad emails me a picture -if he does I'll pass it on

Jayne, congrats on the loss. A loss is a loss no matter the number! Keep it up !

Anyway I should head to bed. Just thought I'd share my exciting news with you all!
Old 11-20-2002, 10:28 AM   #3  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey All, I have been sick since Thursday of last wk and haven't logged on. Yesterday I worked for a little bit and to be quite honest I wish that I could go home today! OH well life goes on. I do have good news though, DF and I booked our honeymoon flight yesterday!!!! Grand Bahama Island here we come! Has anyone been? We didn't have much of a choice Df's Aunt gave us a week in her condo. I hope it is a nice place. IF anyone has been I would love some feed back.

WWer's is going well because my throat hurts therefore the foods that I eat are limited. Well I must work.

Rina-Congrats on the Sister I have 3 and I love it. Sisters have an unbelievable bond.

Ooh and Jayne congrats on the loss!

Becky

Last edited by Grace, Grace; 11-20-2002 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:40 AM   #4  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... where is everyone today??? I have a headache, I think from my sinuses. They seem to be bad when I am PG! I am having a very bad day. First, I had major PG brain in the shower, shaved my legs and everything, but never washed my hair, so when I was doing it this morning it was all greasy and yucky feeling... so it is pulled back, but feels rotten. Then dog pottied on the floor this morning, I think she just couldn't hold it... not a puddle, but a short path of potty. So cleaning that up, and hubby smashes a light bulb in the bathroom. Have to clean that up... he didn't do a good job, so I will resweep when we get home. UGHHHHH.... then work. Need I say more.

Rina... YAH on the sister. let us know the official name. How big was she?? Wasn't she late??

Becky, hope you feel better soon. Haven't been to the Bahama's, but my parents have a time share in Aruba and love it. We went to Disney World, but we are nuts. Now we love it so much, we can't wait to go back everytime! We are hoping this fall after the baby is born!

OK, back to work... kind of!
Old 11-20-2002, 10:52 AM   #5  
Canadian Chick

Hey gals.

I heard from my Dad this morning & ge said her official name is Caitlan Mary. That's a big 180 from Breanna but Dad said that's the name that suits her. She weighed in at 8lbs 13oz. Yes she was quite late. Dad said her skin is quite peeley & she barely had any of that hair they are covered in. Poor girl. The lsat ulyrasound said that she wouls be born Nov. 10th. They had plans to induce the labor on the 15th but Jackie ended up with some kind of virus & vomited etc for three days so then they were going to induce her yesterday but ended up they didn't have to. Labor pains started at 3am. They admitted her to the hospital at 9am & Caitlan was born at 4:08pm. Dad said it felt like a really long time. I can't wait to go home tomorrow to see them

Becky, The Bahamas! I'm jealous! THat's where we wanted to go for our honeymoon but it just wasn't in the budget. It will rock I'm sure. Hope you're feeling better.

Jen, I hope your day gets better! Sounds like one of those days where you should just crawl back into bed. How's your headache?

Hi to everyone else! I'm sure I'll be back on here later.
Old 11-20-2002, 12:30 PM   #6  
Proud Canadian

Yay new baby! Congrats big sister Rina!! Do post a picture if you get a chance.
Becky - Welcome back, I hope you feel better soon. I have never even thought about going to the Bahamas so I'm no help there - I'm sure it will be perfect.
Jen - I hate that dirty hair feeling, too bad you can't hide it under a baseball cap - that's my favourite.

I'm very excited about the hockey game tonight - it's a silly thing to be excited about but I still am - I'll check in later.
KT
Old 11-20-2002, 12:35 PM   #7  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Rina- Where did the two of you go???

Jen- Sorry about the crappy day. I too loved ARUBA!

Ok just wanted to pop in. I really do not feel like eating lunch. I bought one of those Campbell soup tomato soups that you drink. The thought kind of grosses me out however the convenience was so tempting. I will let you all know how it tastes! It's only two points. Please let it be good. Please let it be good

Oh BTW I have a really weird Girly Question! I just started the pill due to the upcoming wedding and all and it has been 3 wks. I have literally been sick since I began it. I had a cold the first 2 and then this throat thing started appx a wk ago. Could it have weakened my immune system ???? I never get colds. The other possibility is that I am super busy with planning and helping DF with School stuff and working etc etc. The latter is much more likely but I just thought that I would aske b/c I am so naive when it comes to this stuff. I haven't had any side effects which is so wonderful. No nausea nothing. I take it at night though so if I am nausceous I am none the wiser
Ok enough of that. Have a great day I will check in again b/c I am not working today Well I am at work but ya know.
Old 11-20-2002, 12:37 PM   #8  
Shopper Extraordinaire

KT we were posting at the same time. Thanks for the Well Wishes and enjoy the hockey game!!!
Old 11-20-2002, 12:57 PM   #9  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Becky, we were in the Bahamas for our honeymoon. The biggest thing that we learned is to not be skimpy about paying for things, ie beaches, good restaurants, etc. If you do, it's all really beautiful and fun. The minute you decide to save a few dollars, though, and go to public beaches and cheaper restaurants, there's going to always be a local or two all over you, litereally begging. They will offer to sell you three beads on a string for $10, or rush in front of you to open a door for you, then demand a tip. The private beaches are just grogeous, though, but the public ones tend to be kind of trash-strewn and wayyy crowded.

KT, I'd be thrilled about the hockey game, too, if I were you. Now let's see if I remember this...you won these tickets, right? And you're taking a man who's fairly new in your life? Let me know if I remember correctly...

Rina, you're a BIG SISTER!!!! Congrats...you're going to be an awesome one! I can just see you taking her shopping when she's old enough to start girling out with you, and staying the weekend at your house and thinking it to be the best weekend ever! Post some pictures of her if you get a chance, please!

Jen, sounds like you had quite the morning! I hope that the rest of your day gets better. Any chance you can sneak home and take a nap on a tall stack of pillows to let your sinuses drain a little bit? I was so excited to hear about your ultrasound yesterday...did you get all emotional when you saw your little one? I remember just bawling and not really being sure why I was bawling in such an ungraceful fashion. I also remember having to pee SOOOOO bad and seeing on t he ultrasound screen, little Aaron bouncing his head against my distended bladder. The technician was laughing so hard he stopped the 'sound to have a good chuckle, along with my mom and hubby, who were also quite hysterical. I was left on the table with my tummy hanging out saying,"Hello! If we don't get this thing moving, I'm not going to make it to the bathroom!!!" I'm just so interested in all this second baby stuff and am wondering if it's all as emotional as the first, or if it's different. So, I'll reiterate, thanks for being my guinea pig on this one and sharing with me!

I better get on the 'net...gotta book a flight for Mardi Gras. We have to visit New Orleans for MG (that's the good part) to see my MIL and her husband (and that's the bad part). I'm not sure whether to look forward to the trip or not. Brother-IL has promised to take us to lots of places that she won't want to go so we can get away for awhile and do the real Mardi Gras thing. That part should be fun!

Later, Ladies!!!
Old 11-20-2002, 01:41 PM   #10  
Canadian Chick

Becky, we only went camping at our favorite lake a few hours from here. I'm glad though b/c we only had five days & the first 2 we slept pretty much the whole time cuz we were so exhausted. We're hoping when DH is finished Univ we can go somewhere awesome. I've never even been on a plane before.

Jayne, MG sounds like fun! Are you taking Aaron with you guys?

KT have fun at the game! I love going to NHL games. I haven't been in like 7 years though because we moved too far from an nhl city just to drive up for a game. My team got thier butts wiped last night. Hope your game is enjoyable. Lat us know if anything happens with NF

Anyway I'm off to work. I'll check back tonight but I dount I'll be on tomorrow since I'm heading home to my new little sis
C ya!
Old 11-20-2002, 01:52 PM   #11  

Jayne... oh my bladder hurt so bad! First thing she says, wow, your bladder is full! I got all excited when all of a sudden the baby started flopping around, twisting and turning... I burst out... oh look at him go!!! I am not as emotional this time around, but it still is very real for me. I think I am more tired this time, mostly because I chase a 2 year old around. And I gush her with tons of love now. That may be why I am not as emotional... I have a little child to gush with love, not just one I am waiting to be born. I still pat my ever growing belly tho. And I really am more tired and feel like I get nothing done at night because after I get Emma to bed, I am ready for it!
Old 11-20-2002, 01:54 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Hi Becky - Pills are strange. That's my answer to your girlie question. They affect different people in different ways. The general rule is to wait 3 months to determine if they are lasting side effects. My little sis can't take them because they make her insane plus, she spots and a few other things. The first one I was on didn't work too well with me either and I had to change. The one I'm on now is fine and I've been on it almost 4 years. So I say give it another month and see how it goes.
Jayne - you are bang on, dad won the tickets and gave them to me so I could take NF who is an uber hockey fan (he's even making me wear one of his 3 jerseys) His room is covered with canucks stuff. It should be more fun than just going with someone cause the tickets were free. Plus I went to high school with one of their best players so it'll be kinda neat to see him more grown up, and in person.
back to it. I have nothing to do today, this day will never end!
KT
Old 11-20-2002, 02:04 PM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Howdy girls!

Rina, congrats on your new sister!! Caitlyn is a nice name. I am glad she is healthy. If you don't mind my asking, how old is your dad?? Was it a planned pregnancey? I can't believe you have never been on a plane?! Where in Sask do you camp?

Becky - hope you are feeling better!

Jayne - you did it TWICE?! I think that is halarious. I mean, once is bad enough. Ha ha. Yeah, telling the office services people was pretty fun - they laugh when they see me!

Jen - my sinuses are bad right now too - and my ears. I guess there really isn't much you can do PG for them, eh? I think I need antibiotics though! Yuck.

KT - have fun at the game tonight - Flames lost AGAIN yesterday - yikes. Its hard to get pumped up about hockey when your home team bites.

Well, I should get to work so I can leave at 2pm for the doc. I think I'll come back after and work til 5:30ish. I don't feel like it - I was up at 1:27am and didn't fall asleep again. I just kept moving around and stuff. I must have woken up b/f because at like 3am he was like "hey you, why are you awake" and I thought I was being all quiet and slick. He said he "sensed I was awake". That was sorta cute.

BBL!
Old 11-20-2002, 02:26 PM   #14  

Belle, I slept aweful last night too. But the funniest thing happened. Hubby's alarm goes off at 5:30, when he turns it off, you can hear Emma stirring over the monitor, I was like, oh crap, she woke up... Instead, she says, "I Ride" and goes back to sleep. So I think she was dreaming. We both chuckled about it. Last night she was pretending to ride our dog Sadie (70 pounds). So Maybe she was dreaming about it??

Jayne... I forgot to say that Emma is moving towards a big girl bed. Right around Christmas we are setting it up. I haven't finished the quilt for it yet, but that is OK. We aren't doing a toddler bed, she is going right to a twin with rails (we got an almost new one from my grandpa who moved to a nursing home).

Becky, I don't think the Pill decreases your immune system. But there are so many different doses. Wait 2 months, if you are having major problems, contact your doctor. The first month your body is getting used to it, so wait until you go through 2 cycles. My first prescription I had horrible headaches and depression. After 3 months, I was switched to a lower dose one and no problems at all. Even got PG twice (used it 9 or so years before being PG with Emma).
Old 11-20-2002, 02:35 PM   #15  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Rina-That sounds so romantic. We too will be soooo exhausted our flight is at 7:45 am and they recommend due to increased security that we arrive 2 hours before our flight leaves Oh well they were the cheapest flights and lets face it cheap is goooood

Jen thanks for the pill advice. I seriously haven't had any typical side effects however I just put together the fact that I've been sick. Chances are I am just way toooo busy and my body is saying SLOW DOWN.

Belle-That is cute. I cannot wait till I get to spend nights with DF. I am sooooo jealous .

Kt Thanks for the input. I will press on!

Oh BTW Campbells soup on the Go is very good in the tomato version. I am not sure about the others! I highly recommend it!

Becky
Closed Thread