Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 08:49 AM   #16  
Susan

Tammy, hope Tim gets to feeling better. Sounds like you just need to rest. Hope school slows down, I know how it is though. We are getting ready for the TAAS test. It's the major test that occurs in the spring every year.

Tina, funny you mentioned the Olympics. Those were my exact thoughts!! I think I enjoyed them more when they were just every 4 years. I did get the house cleaned. I had a wild Friday night!

Off to get ready for a technology workshop. We have to have so many hours in professional development in different areas, every 2 years. My 2 years are up in May. I have 7 more hours to get in Technology. This workshop will knock 3 hours off. Nothing like waiting until the last minute do get them done.

Have a great day. Our goal today is "Drink our Water." We can do it.

Susan
Old 02-09-2002, 11:22 AM   #17  
Gonna do it this time!

Tina and Susan,
Thanks for your advise.... I think I'll go in next Thursday and talk to my leader about it. I am really afraid to gain too much during pregnancy. With my first I gained so much and that's what pushed me over the edge to become a "Big girl" When I got pregnant I was 125lbs, the day I gave birth I was 192. I have never been lower than that since. So that is one of my biggest fears. If I can get a note from my Dr. stating I can remain on the program during pregnancy that would be wonderful! I would keep my gain under control! I've been checking out a new site called ultimatebaby.com. There is a WOW (wonderful overweight women) section and I love it. I get a lot of great advise from these girls. One thing that I've found is most overweight pregnant women tend to lose weight during pregnancy. So that gives me some hope and inspiration. But I realistically I know better, every woman and every pregnancy are different...

Sorry to blab on, but I'm so excited! Today they are having a show it's called "Everything you wanted to know about Sex" it's like a home and decorating, or car and boat show... so we're going to check it out and see what all the hooplah is about... but it's kind of good timeing hey?

And tomorrow.... a fun filled day of house cleaning! Woo hoo! We desperately need to clean out the garage! We started cleaning it about 3 weeks ago, and it's left in the middle of completion. Peter can't even park his civic in it right now... so of course during the worst snow of the year he's stuck parking on the street. So I'm determined to put it off no longer! We will complete it tomorrow... I hope Peter is feeling better to do it with me though, he was home sick yesterday

Good luck to everyone this weekend... I know that weekends are the worst for me! I try so hard to stay OP but it never seems to work! I'm hoping all the walking around today will help, I'll make sure to bring a big waterbottle!

have a great weekend!
Old 02-11-2002, 03:46 PM   #18  
Thursday Lady

Happy Monday!
I hope this is a good day for everyone.

Sis, how is your mother doing at home? I hope all is well.

I've been so OP today. I've had half my water and intend to finish it up before suppertime.
It's very chilly out but I'm going to bundle up and take a short walk.

Good luck to us all.

Tina
140 personal goal
Old 02-11-2002, 08:05 PM   #19  
Susan

Hey girlies, (like my new word? )

It was chilly here this morning too.

Dawn, I'm going to tell my sister about that site. She just found out she is pregnant with her 3rd. The youngest is 1. Let's just say she was a little surprised but very excited. Of course, so is her big sister!

Tina, did you get out for your walk? good for you I'm going to be your way in March. Actually Galveston for a conference. We will fly into Houston. I'll let you know when I know more.

Tammy, did you get all of the papers graded?

Have a great evening. By the way, I stayed the same today. I was hoping for a loss. Maybe Wednesday.

Susan
Old 02-11-2002, 08:38 PM   #20  

Susan, that's one thing that I do best is get my papers graded! Sometimes I do get behind on the handwriting, but not often.

Got quite a bit of walking in on recess duty today. The kids think I'm nuts because I'm always moving somewhere. Sometimes I even shoot some baskets! Hardly make any, but I shoot them anyway.

We don't have school on Friday and Monday, mini-break. Dumb thing is, we are out the following Friday because of conferences. I think they should have put all three days off together to make a 5 day weekend! Wouldn't that have been smart? One of these days, they'll listen to my opinions. (yea,right!)
Old 02-12-2002, 09:22 AM   #21  
Thursday Lady

Howdy!

It sounds like we have an Olympic hopeful here--Tammy

Tammy, you are really getting in your exercise.

Susan, Congratulations on becoming a new aunt soon! Hey, I thought you were coming to Houston this month for a stamping thing. Let me know more about that conference time next month.

I didn't go out to walk yesterday. It was just so cold that I stayed in and walked in place. I saw that on the Today Show. Some woman has written a book on it. ?????

Hope everyone stays well with all this cold weather. "They" say it's flu season now. Did everyone get a flu shot? I procrastinated and didn't.

Tina
140 personal goal
Old 02-13-2002, 10:45 PM   #22  

I've never gotten a flu shot. I think all of the years of teaching have made me almost immune to things! Seriously! Sometimes I get a cold or sore throat, but it is very rare for me to get really sick. Knock on wood!!!

I saw a video about walking in place in an advertisement in a magazine a while back. Wondered how it would be. I used to do exercise videos where we used to live, but the size of our "tv room" is much smaller at this house. I'd hurt myself by running into the furniture! LOL
Old 02-14-2002, 08:50 AM   #23  
Thursday Lady

Hi All,

the walking in place thing I saw showed you mainly walked in place! You could walk around in the room but you did have to have much room. It's good. I don't know how long or how many points it uses up. That's something to ask my leader, I guess.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Hope all my buddies have a great day.
I'm sure Dawn will have a good one.

Tina
Old 02-14-2002, 06:07 PM   #24  
Susan

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a great Valentine's day!! I ate way to much!! One of my aide's is moving is to Detroit, we had a potluck lunch. Of course, I won't weigh in tomorrow. Hopefully, I didn't do tooooo much damage! We are going out to eat tomorrow.

Tina, I won't be coming now in Feb. or March. The stampin workshop was cancelled on our account since we didn't have a lot of the supplies. My March trip to Galveston was the wrong date... it is in June. I'll let you know the specifics when I know them.

Hope you have a happy day.

Susan
Old 02-15-2002, 12:35 AM   #25  
Thursday Lady

Susan, did you get your test results? We hope you got good results. Please let us know.

Tina
Old 02-16-2002, 12:08 PM   #26  
Thursday Lady

Happy Saturday

My son and I had the best time last night. We went to a hockey game. Now, we know very little about the game since it's not a big deal down here. There was a catch to going last night.
Larry Hagman was there promoting organ donation.

We got to meet him and get an autograph. He even talked to us (he'd just been signing papers for everyone else) and I shook his hand. We are big fans! It was a real thrill.

My husband had a touch of stomach flu and had to stay home.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Tina
Old 02-16-2002, 10:13 PM   #27  

Tina, how neat about meeting Larry Hagman! Organ donation is a very big thing around this area. We have had so many children who have received transplants (my cousin's son, our neighbor's grandson are two I know personally). There was a big walkathon a couple years ago, that a bunch of us from town walked in. It was a 6 mile walk. We were pooed out when we were done, but it was worth it.
Old 02-16-2002, 11:00 PM   #28  
Susan

Hi all,

Hope it has been a good day. I haven't done a bunch... but I now have a clean house and sporting a new haircut and color.

Tina, hope your husband feels better. That stomach bug is going around, hope you don't get it. It's neat that Larry Haggman talked to ya'll. My friend's husband just had a kidney transplant.

Tina, which test results were you talking about? (the ones from the doctor's office?) If so, they still don't know anything yet.

Tammy, I'm impressed with the 6 mile walk. My goal this fall is to do the Suan G. Komen walk. Hopefully my knee will be up to it as well.

Have a relaxing weekend.
Susan
Old 02-18-2002, 01:09 PM   #29  
Thursday Lady

Happy Monday!

Susan, you had mentioned getting test results from your doctor. Those were the results I meant.

Tammy, I don't think I could do a 6 mile walk. Was it on level ground? What sport is Tim playing now? You are so lucky that he enjoys so many. He'll be a well-rounded individual.

I had a good weekend. I didn't try to count points but did fairly good. We did have Chinese for dinner yesterday. I was a little piggy and ate everything on my plate. I usually don't eat much of the fried rice.
How did everyone else do?

Addey, haven't heard much from you.

Sis, are y'all still having bad weather? And, how is your mother?

Dawn, tell us all about your weekend away.

Have a happy Presidents Day!
Tina
Old 02-18-2002, 09:24 PM   #30  
Susan

Tina,

Didn't mean to sound dumb, but I had forgotten which results. Now isn't that bad they are still ruling out rheumatoid arthritis, hopefully I'll know something in March. Also, my thyroid levels are not right. They did another test so I'll call on Wed to get it. That may explain why I haven't been feeling just perfect. My meds will have to be adjusted, then maybe I'll get back on track and start losing again.

Hope you enjoyed the Chinese food. I love it and it is my favorite thing to eat. I love it all.

Susan
Closed Thread