Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 08:36 AM   #1  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default It's only Thursday!! One more day to go!

Good morning ladies. I'm posting now to avoid the double post. I'll write in seconds!

Lisa
Old 02-21-2002, 08:40 AM   #2  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Kim - I've been to Mamma Maria's, and wasn't particulary impressed. The North End has some amazing places, but Mamma Maria's isn't my favorite.

So - Woo hoo. US made it on to the semi-finals for hockey. What a game it would be if we met Canada in the silver/gold game. Wow.

So, because of the game, I didn't make it to the gym. Since my roommate was still in class, I was able to do embarassing things to get some exercise while I watched the game. I did some kick boxing moves for about a half hour. Then I did sit ups and push ups using our physio-ball.

Hope everyone's Thirsday is a good one. I'll check back in later.

Lisa
Old 02-21-2002, 10:41 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Wow, It's dead here today... I am in the midst of midterms. Anyhoo, I have 2 job interviews, one tomorrow at a Law Firm and a government one on Tuesday! Plus I have a date tonight so hopefully I'll be able to handle all of this. Should I quit my retail job if I get one of these other jobs is the question of the day.

Lisa: I am hoping for a Canada Vs. Us Men's Hockey final as well! I was so happy that Canada beat Finland yesterday! I just can't believe that Canada lost to the UK in women's curling (it's okay though, I am a duel citizen so I guess my other country won). Go Michelle Kwan tonight (our Canuck Lady though she's lovely to watch doesn't have a prayer so I have been rooting for Michelle over the past few years)

Anyhoo, have a good day!

Ali
Old 02-21-2002, 10:58 AM   #4  
Bono Fanatic!

Red face I'm here!

I'm tired, but here. I hate packing!!! I am at the point now where I just want it to be over with. I pick up the keys tonight and plan on bringing over a carload of stuff when I go, so I guess I am on my way. I am running a 5k Sunday morning and am beginning to wonder what I was thinking to plan on running the morning after moving!

Lisa - Whenever my basketball team plays at 6 and I don't have time to do my normal workout, I do kickboxing and weights while watching the game. It is definitely better than just sitting there, but I agree that it makes me feel a bit foolish! I always make sure the shades are down!!

Ali - Wow, you're busy! Good luck on the interviews and on the date. Is it with the boy you spent so much time on the phone with?! If you could handle it financially without the retail job if you were to get one of these other jobs, I say quit retail. You will have enough to do with work and school (and dating!) No need to drive yourself crazy unless there is a good reason!
Old 02-21-2002, 01:05 PM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Wow - it really is quiet in here. Weird.

Ali - congrats on the date. Where can I get one of those!! So, is this the guy from the phone calls? We want details!

Jen - Good luck with packing and the 5K. You'll deserve a nice rest when it's all over.

So - I've been eating salads from our cafeteria at work, and I've beed counting them as 1-2 points. (it's mainly lettuce, green peppers and onions), although sometimes I'll add beans, so it'll be 2 points. But I've been adding honey dijon dressing and assuming it was fat free and counting it as 1 point.... but then a friend told me some honey dijons have tons of fat in them. Really? Well, I'll check my book when I go home tonight, but does anyone know if that's true?

I've been reading up on metabolism and how to increase your RMR. I do lift, but not as much as I should, so I'm going to start doing it 3X/week religiously. I knew it increased metabolism, but I just haven't been doing it. Also, it says to figit all day, but that's hard to do. And we've all read how 5-6 mini meals is best for us. But since I've always been a volume eater, I always save up all my points so I can have a larger dinner. BUt I keep reading and keep reading how much it will increase my metabolism if I go with the small mini-meals. We've all read all this before, but I just want to give it a try. I've always been a volume meal eater, so I'm not sure if I can get into these mini-meals. We'll see.

Hello to all the ladies yet to post. See y'all soon.

Lisa
Old 02-21-2002, 01:46 PM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey everyone, I am here, but lurking since I am still battling my nauseousness and cold. The same one I have had for 3 weeks now. I came in late this morning because I was so nauseous. If it wasn't TOM as I speak, I would think I was PG!!!!

Jen good luck on the 5K. And keep thinking that even tho packing is a pain, it is worth it in the end!

Ali... dump the retail job if you get the others. I've worked retail and it is not worth it if you can afford to not work!! And the other jobs will help you in your future career! I all depends on how much money you need to survive!!

Lisa... I know that some honey dijons can be higher in points, I don't think they are loaded with fat. Unless it is a gourmet type restaurant that makes its own. Remember that honey is basically sugar, which has points!

Back to fumbling through work!
Old 02-21-2002, 02:28 PM   #7  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey girls, ate Arby's chicken fingers for lunch so I am already over 3 points for the day and well I would have like to have eaten dinner Oh well I just felt like having one of those days I guess. Tonight I will try and keep the eating to a minimum and just watch more closely tomorrow b/c I weigh in on Sat. I didn't get to run this morning either b/c my gym was closed and by the time I drove there and realized it I ddin't have time to even try to run outside. Oh well so I just did a lot of stretching and then went to e-tools anddiscovered that it was worth 1 activity pt. Woohoo! They have some funny activity items. My personal favorite was ax chopping. I am dead serious. I thought that was hysterical. Yep that is something I do all day Well I am just hoping to be a bit more disciplined tonight and tomorrw. Those 26 pt. lunches are a killer

I hope that everyone is doing well today. the weather here is still quite dreary. I need a sunny day. Who knows maybe this wknd we will get a bit of sun. I am looking forward to the women's figure skating long program tonight. Go Michelle!!!! I have to tape it b/c I work my 2nd job tonight. Hey come to think of it I should burn some calories doing that. there is always a silver lining I guess Well see you tomorrow
Becky
Old 02-21-2002, 03:36 PM   #8  
A Yankee in Virginia

Lisa: Who says fidgeting helps your metabolism? Cuz I wonder. I am the biggest fidgeter I know and my metabolism is practically non-existant! (In fact, I think it's in negative numbers).

Jen: I hope you feel better! I still have a cough leftover from my cold a few weeks ago. For a while I was convinced it was whooping cough because we had some cases around here. But then again, I am a bit of a hypochondriac.

Hi Ali, JenK, Becky and everybody else...

Well, this is the first day in a long time I've been really paying attention to what I'm eating. For breakfast I had half a cup of yogurt with strawberries and granola, for lunch I had some yummy leftovers my sister made — rigatoni with acorn squash and roasted garlic, with walnuts sprinkled on top! Some of the vegetarian meals she's made have been amazing! I don't miss the meat at all when I eat them.

Oh, and I ate half a sugar cookie, but how bad can that be?

Well, I hope everyone's having a groovy day!
Old 02-21-2002, 08:38 PM   #9  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Just taking a second to check in. Didn't go to work today--I woke up feeling terrible, went to the doctor to find that I have strep throat and tonsilitis... Whoohoo! Was kind of hoping to get to the gym tonight, but there's clearly no chance of that happening. I think I know what I did to make myself so sick--it was chilly last night and I stood outside looking at a 2000 Blazer that I desperately want for about 2 hours... Should have just stayed home... I was also kind of looking forward to going running tonight, but I think that's out of the question, too, even though I'm starting to feel better. Instead, I'm going to take a nap and hit the hay early.

Sorry this is such an self-centered post... Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm alive and thinking of all of you. Before I got, want to hear something pathetic? A male friend of mine from work has called more times to check up on me than my boyfriend has... BF is riding pretty high on my sh*t list.... OK, off to the bathtub.
Closed Thread