Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 09:26 AM   #46  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all. Well, I have a cold and feel blah. Now I know what the headaches were from. Now we are in the middle of a winter storm. Schools are all closed and it is pur cruddy outside. Just when spring started peeking through all the snow, it is all back! And windy too!

Emma's first solo swim class went FABULOUS! I was so proud of her. She was the youngest by several months, but not the smallest. And she has had classes before, so she was all ready. She really likes this teacher too, so that is good. She calls herself "special" because she takes swim class without a parent now! I forgot the camera tho and kind of mad about that!

I ate Wendys last night and did pretty well, a cheeseburger, side salad and snitched some french fries!

Tara, have fun on your trip!! I know what you mean about hormonal girls! Oh and curling is big in my town, however I have never done it before. We have had several people on the Olympic curling team before tho!

Dazzled, my hubby likes liverwurst. Did you know they make a light version. I forget who makes it, but that is what I buy my hubby now.

Diana, good luck on the packing!!!!
Old 03-05-2004, 09:39 AM   #47  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

You guys keep cyber-space really busy. I love reading about all your doings.
As far as me, when I lost my 10% I got a key chain. My leader told me to keep it as an anchor to remember how I felt at that moment. Gotta tell you, I felt proud.

My baby took swimming lessons and she's a great swimmer now.
Dazzled--I hear you about exercise. Now I make myself get on the treadmill and I'll watch a TV show and before I know it, the half hour is up. I know the exercise is boosting my weight loss.

It's the weekend coming up, so good luck to everyone in all the eating challenges.
Judy
234/210.2#/thinner
Old 03-05-2004, 10:51 AM   #48  

Hello all... Sounds like everyone is doing well!!

Jen-I am in the same boat as you, I woke up to 6 inches of snow this morning. Just went the winter blahs were starting to go away the snow is back!! The good thing is that it is good snow for snowballs and snowmen :-)

Dazzled- I take other peoples successes and remember them as well... it pushes me because it was a "normal" person who did it so then if I just stick to it I can do it too... now it's just to actually stick to it.

Alright I got my girl scout cookies today...I had a weak moment and had one full roll of the thin mints... I haven't had anything else today but still...that's 17 points!!! I guess I will be eating lettuce and celery all day :-( It's my own fault. I bought 5 boxes... and most of them are going to be given to my FIL...the husband doesn't want them in the house either!!

Friday's are my early day (off at 2) so that's nice. The roads are slick so it's nice to beable to go home when it's NOT rush hour! To the Gym I will go, try to push myself harder today...the last few days have been pretty easy...still a good workout, but I think it's a day for a 3 mile run and a 7 mile bike... it's dead in there early on Friday so that's good. Then I have a Spa Party with my MIL...I am looking forward to it, it should be a lot of fun, but I have to refrain from buying everything :-)
Old 03-05-2004, 03:45 PM   #49  

Week #1 done - down 8.2# - good start toward my Challenge goal.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:01 AM   #50  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Debra, wow, that's fantastic How on earth did you do it? Whatever it was, keep it up, at that rate, you'll shrink down to nothing before you know it.
Dazzled, Spring, oh what a wonderful word.
Tara, I forgot you were going ot do the curling, you told us all about your busy weekend you had planned. Well, we do get Northern Allowance, I think it was $5400 for the 2 of us together. There are lots of reserves around here but this isn't one. I live in a predominantly mennonite community, and it's rather safe. I know where SC is and I have Aunts and Uncles and cousins there.
Jen, I'm glad the classes went well for both of you Just bring the camera next time.
Judy, I'm like you, I bike and watch TV or talk to someone on the phone. It passes the time quicker.
Golfergirl, have fun at your Spa Party, sounds like so much fun.
And to all those with the wintery blah weather, I understand, it was grey all day and snowing. After those sunny days it's hard.
Well, I lost 1 pound this week. I've been struggling so this is good.
I've packed and we're heading out hte door at 5 am, so I have t ogo to bed. Goodnight and goodbye, I'm not sure when I'll be on-line next, but hopefully time to time.

Last edited by DewCan; 03-06-2004 at 01:04 AM.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:09 PM   #51  

Hello again, everyone! I am back...maybe a lb or so heavier, but I am back! The highways were HORRIBLE the entire time we were gone. Today we saw a semi-trailer that had jackknifed and was blocking most of the other half of the highway. (It is a double lane highway) Cars and trucks could get through, but there were 45 semis lined up waiting to get by. There were cars, truckes, vans, semis,etc... everywhere. It was crazy!!
I stayed OP the first and second days that we were away, then went off today. Not in a crazy way, though, just didn't journal and ate more of my low pts snacks than usual. Also, I didn't get any exercise in, as I was stuck in the van or watching my teams curl all the time. My butt is tired!
It was nice to see some of my fav former students, but it is even nicer to be home!
Diana- have you moved?? A community like yours would be ok with me. I am thinking about starting my own dayhome, if a couple of friends were interested in doing it with me. Then I could do that and also substitute teach. Then if i get a job I can still own the dayhome, but hire other people. DH owns a bunch of revenue properties, and one is vacant right now. It would be the perfect place to do it. Just something I am considering. It would be a way to work with children, be with my daughter, and still have income....
I am off to relax....
Old 03-08-2004, 09:23 AM   #52  

Well, it was a good weekend... The Husband was gone all day Saturday so I spent the day cleaning! Moving boxes, vacuuming, doing laundry, and shoveling the driveway. So I didn't make it to the gym, but I think I got about the same work out doing that :-)

I haven't lost 1 pound so far, it's frusterating, though my husband said yesterday that I looked thinner...so maybe I should take some measurements and see where I am!

Hope everyone's weekend went well!!

Congrats Debra...Keep up the good work...!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread