Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 09:58 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default St. Patricks Day Challenge Week 4!!!

I am starting a new week thread because the other one was getting so long. Hope no one minds!!

Well, I exercised both on Saturday and Sunday. I did Tae bo Sat. an The 2-mile walk on Sunday. I am so ready to get this weight off. I decided that once I lose 10 more pounds I can finally get some new clothes, which I so desperately need!!!

Saturday night we went out for a nice dinner (not fast food) with the kids. It seems like all we eat is fast food because that is what they will eat. I am getting tired of it. Tho tomorrow I am meeting a friend and her son at Mc D's with the playland for dinner. The kids like to play. Tho Mc D's has soup, so I might get that and a side salad!

Tonight is dance class again, after a week of not having it. Emma is very excited. I bought a pair of tap shoes from a co-worker so now she can tap tap tap with the rest of the kids. My co-worker has 4 kids that have all gone through dance, so it was nice to be able to buy some used ones.

That's it for me. No gym today because I leave early, so that means a shorter lunch!
Old 03-08-2004, 11:22 AM   #2  

Way to go with the exercise, Jen! Are dance shoes pricey?
I had a bad weekend. I just let things go, and was way over pts. I am pretty sure I can't meet my goal for St Patrick's Day.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:18 PM   #3  

Hey Tara, Just get back on track and I am sure you will be find.

The shoes I bought are tap shoes. I can get cheapy ones for around $20, but the good ones are much more. So the ones I bought from a co-worker are used good ones. They are a little scratched and scuffed, but when you think of how quickly little feet grow, it's kind of expensive to keep buying new ones all the time. Emma does ballet for the first part of the lesson, and then tap. I brought my video camera and may sneak in and tape a little tonight. Hope no one there minds me taping it.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:08 PM   #4  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Ladies,
I've been away,I'm rally enjoying the place we are house-sitting. I'm at my sisters now so I have access to the web again. I've joined TOPS here and we'll see how that goes. I'm sure it will be good. I've been exercising here too. I find WW too pricey. Ishould try and get back into counting points, I know that if I would do it I would lose weight.
Jen, sounds like a good idea getting the used shoes. I'm a firm believer in getting used stuff for kids, because so often they have lots of use left in them.
Tara, sorry to hear that you had such a miserable weekend. First the weather and then the not staying OP. You can get back on I know it!!! Just start fresh.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:49 PM   #5  

Diana,
Good to hear from you- I have missed you! Thats great that you are happy there. What kind of exercise have you been doing? Is DS doing OK with the move?
I skipped WI this week. I don't have to pay since I am a Lifetime Member. Tomorrow I get back at counting pts. You are right, Diana, that is totally the key to losing! Good luck with TOPS. Is it an easy plan to follow?
DD is sick with a bit of a cold- mostly runny nose. She is on nap #2 for the day- something she has not done since she was a tiny baby!
I should run, I have friends coming for supper.
TTFN!
Old 03-10-2004, 09:05 AM   #6  

Hey all. I have been so busy the last couple of days. Actually I will be all week. I want to take Friday off, but not sure if I can. I am going to try to get to the gym at lunch today because I haven't done anything the last 2 days!

Diana, I am so glad you have a computer to use while you are gone!!! Have you tried doing WW on your own? For me, the meetings are not only pricey, but the times don't work for me at all. It was hard for me to make it to meetings when I had 1 child, but now with 2 and all the things going on in the evenings, it is impossible.

Tara, my girls have cold too. And so do I. I can't wait for spring, we keep getting more snow and I am so tired of it. The last couple of winters have been dry, so spring came early, but this year has been the longest winter in a long time!!

Well, guess I better get to work!
Old 03-10-2004, 09:28 AM   #7  

I have an additional goal for myself.... COUNT POINTS...HONESTLY :-) I have been great during the day at work...but then I go home and eat bad!! Anyway!!

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good with everyone... Nothing much going on here...just work. Haven't gotten out of the office for lunch the last 2 days, so that means I ate while working and I hate doing that! Today I have to run errands so I will be leaving!!
Old 03-10-2004, 02:47 PM   #8  

Jen- I know what you mean about waiting for spring. It seems like it is here, then another storm moves in. Or another round of colds and flu! DD woke up with flu symptoms this morning, but after a big nap seems a bit better. Do you still have lots of snow? Is the weather bad there? We had another blizzard move in this morning.
Golfergirl- Good luck counting your pts. I have taken a break from it too, but am back at it this morning. It is just so much easier to eat mindlessly- and get bigger and bigger!
I hear my kettle whistling, better run!
Old 03-10-2004, 03:42 PM   #9  

Tara, We had snow storms last Friday and Sunday. It added up to about 12 more inches of snow. Just crazy. I can't wait for it all to melt!! They say we may get rain one of these days, but the temps are supposed to drop tomorrow... so could mean more snow!

I am trying to be better at counting my points and seeing what I am eating. It is so hard for me with my schedule. This requires much more planning on my part, otherwise proper meals are hard to make with 2 kids under foot.

I made it to the gym also... yah for me. Mostly did weights. I need to really kick it up a notch and see where it takes me, because right now I am going NO WHERE!
Old 03-10-2004, 04:50 PM   #10  

The snow keeps on coming here too. A friend's 8yr old is storm stayed here tonight. I hope the weather perks up soon! I find it difficult to stay on track when I am trapped in the house!
Old 03-11-2004, 09:05 AM   #11  

Our WW meetings are Wednesday night, Week two saw a loss of 3.8 pounds. That brings my total for two weeks to 12 pounds. I made my goal for the 12th (I know it is before St. Patrick's Day, but I have somewhere to go this weekend and am hoping I can get into a dress I bought last fall.)
Old 03-11-2004, 09:17 AM   #12  

Congrats Debra!!! You are doing great!!!

I haven't lost weight YET... BUT, I do have 2 non-weight victories!!
1.) For the first day in a LONG TIME I counted my points, ALL the points and was right on!!!
2.) Since I have started exercising I have not been in good shape and couldn't run for a long period of time. Last night I ran a full mile without thinking, no walking, no stopping, not even any water!! It wasn't a fast run, 5.7-6.0mph, so it was a 10 minute mile...but I am thrilled I have gotten that far!! :-)
Old 03-11-2004, 12:25 PM   #13  
*~forbidden snowflake~*

I had a bad week, didn't even make my Wednesday meeting! I'm going tomorrow for the (I'm sure) bad news. I think I've gained. I started pigging out like crazy in the past two days, feeling just RAVENOUS! What's with that?

*cries*
Old 03-11-2004, 12:34 PM   #14  

Wow, way to go, Debra! It is great that you are making the program work so well for you!
Golfergirl- That is SO great that you can run that far! From all your workouts, I'm not surprised.
Dazzled- Go WI, then get back on track. You may show a gain from 2 days of pigging out, but next week you will be down. Two days can't do any permanent damage!
I had a succesful, OP day yesterday. The blizzard kept me from getting out and exercising. Today I am going for a Walmart walk, then hopefully taking DD to my Grandpa's farm to see the horses and go for a sled ride.
I looked in the mirror this morning and saw that my cheeks are looking fuller, and I am getting a double chin again. Then I was working on DD's babybook, and realized how much better I looked just 6 months ago. I really need to work and get back to that point! I know I can do it. So can you!!
Old 03-11-2004, 12:43 PM   #15  

Thanks Tara.. You will get back there, just like the rest of us, all we need to do it stay honest...and stick to the plan.

I just keep remembering the quote someone on this board has for their signature...
"Nothing tastes as good as Thin feels" That is the truth!!

Don't worry Dazzled...you will be right back on track in no time... Remeber to treat yourself on a daily or weekly basis so you don't crave things and then eat everything in site...I do that often and have been good lately at treating myself when I crave it, maybe just a little tiny piece, just enough to satisfy the craving...

Can't wait to work out tonight...Yeah!! I don't go for long period's of time, but I still go and even short (30min) workouts pay off...:-)
Closed Thread