Old 04-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I lost 1.4 lbs even with the screw ups last week. But I am having a hard time "trusting" my scale since I am so used to the ones at the WW center.

I feel back on track now with only one weekly point used. I'm going to try to exercise more this week and I'm hoping my leg will agree with me. Tomorrow is grocery shopping day!

I need to lose 1.4 lbs by Tuesday to meet my goal for April.
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:26 AM   #137  

Hubby got a medical call tone so now I am up listening to the scanner. He is on call for work AND he is still taking tones so he's t.i.r.e.d. He sounds it over the scanner too. Poor guy.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #138  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Thanks forkeeps & PUPMOM5 - he is perfectly healthy, a perfectly healthy jerk. lol. He does have serious anxiety issues though. He needs kitty xanax. He jumps at the slightest movement. And yep - only MY things though. Never my husbands things.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #139  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Height: 5'6"

Ugh, checking in for a sanity break. I ate a smaller than usual breakfast, then went out for some errands with my son and my mother. She wanted to take me out for lunch afterwards, but even though it's hard to turn down a free meal, I just can't justify the points right now. Plus, I hate even discussing dieting with her, or food at all.

So I got home and wolfed down lunch two hours later than I usually eat. Topped off my 5 point lunch with a 4 point splurge (toast with Nutella). Still hungry so I had a cup of 0-point vegetable soup from the freezer. Yuck, but at least it filled me up.

Lesson: Don't eat lunch late or I will splurge unnecessarily. But I had only the one piece of toast, so it could have been a lot worse.

I am thinking of running a half marathon early next year. I cannot afford to sign up for it now (it's actually a series of four races that get progressively longer, ending in the half), but I will train for it regardless. So excited! I ran four miles the other day, that's the longest I've ever gone. Planning on three miles this evening. Still a long way to go until thirteen miles, but it's another good lesson in patience for me.
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #140  

Hey forkeeps--I had a wicked late lunch also. For some reason I just couldn't get out of my own way this morning AND one of the dogs were sick. I didn't even eat breakfast until 11am, snack at 1:15pm. Decided the snack was enough to fill me up for a little while and I went grocery shopping. I didn't buy any junk food, everything I got is low in points, but I think I would have spent less on groceries if I had waited until after dinner time. Anyway, I didn't get to eat lunch until 4:15pm. We'll have a late dinner tonight, luckily my husband doesn't mind that.

I keep having a debate with myself over yogurt. I buy Dannon light and fit and/or Yoplait light, whatever is on sale. Well, my favorite is the Yoplait light, thick and creamy. But it's 1 PP higher than Dannon or Yoplait light... My debate is whether it is worth that 1PP extra. I love it, but do I need it? I got 5 containers of Yoplait light, 3 being thick and creamy and a pack of Dannon light and fit. Both were on sale. Maybe I should save Thick and Creamy for successful WI days?! I don't know!!

Last edited by MrsD2008; 04-25-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #141  
Cindy

MrsD Personally I would buy the one you like best. The beauty of this plan is we don't have to sacrifice eating what we love. My example is ranch dressing. I cannot stand fat free or even light. And I only like Hidden Valley. So it's the full flavored brand name for me, at 4 points per 2 Tablespoons. I figured at this point it keeps me sane and gets me to eat more salad, then later down the road when my points get less and less I can replace it with something that costs me less points. For now I'm keeping it.

Last edited by forkeeps; 04-25-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #142  

I just get mad that I kick myself every time I reach for the thick and creamy over the regular. But it's only 1 point more!!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:54 AM   #143  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Oh god - ya'll may have had "bad" lunches but my dinner, dear god... we went out to watch the nfl draft, but didnt go until 730pm (and were having dinner there.) I was ravenous when we go there (mistake #1) and ate every all of the chips and queso ever (mistake #2) and then promptly washed it down with 5 Miller Lites (mistake #3). The only redeeming moment was when we ordered food I got the "southwestern wrap" and had already done the math for points and since I ate so many chips with cheese dip I only ate the chicken out of it and the broccoli (that I got as my side instead of fries.)

I feel like CR@P today. My tummy is killing me....and to make matters worse - I am running a 10k tomorrow and I will undoubtedly have a terrible race pace because of last night. Ugh...live and learn, right?

The house inspector comes today!!! So excited! Let's hope it goes well!!! And both of our families are coming out to see the house, too!

MRSD - I do the same thing with points and it's so silly. If you prefer it that much more I think it's totally justifiable to have the 1 point extra. I'd look and see why it's one point more, too. Is it more protein in the one you like better? Maybe if you knew what your point was going to you'd feel better? Regardless, I love real cream in my coffee, but only have it once a week and it's the coffee I bring to my WW meeting from Dunkin Donuts and drink right after I weigh in. It's 3pp instead of the 0pp I have the other 6 days of the week.

forkeeps - I grew up on Hidden Valley Light and it's the only ranch I really like now. 2pts in 2tbsp and totally worth it. The funny part is because I've eaten it my whole life I don't even like the full fat Hidden Valley!
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #144  
start WW 5/1/13

S/C/G: 235/134/128

I agree too about eating what you like even for an extra point or two. Especially if you feel more satisfied. And too, maybe later down the road as your points go down, you can go towards the lower point things? Hmmm a good discussion!
PA61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #145  

Teresa: Maggiano's is soooo yummy. Good luck!

Its been really eye opening counting carbs and monitoring my blood sugar. I tend to eat a lot of carbs, it seems. Of course I measured carbs in calculating points values - but I never noticed my daily carb total and what is recommended when trying to reduce your carbs. I've made a real effort to eat more raw veggies and fruits this week. But it looks like I'll have to give up my favorite oatmeal. It is just 4 points but it is spiking my blood sugar levels. Any suggestions are lower carb breakfasts that don't require cooking (except for maybe a microwave or toaster) - that are not too high in points? I am eating turkey sausage some days, which I like.
Maurene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #146  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone!

My current issue is with soy milk. A health nut friend says it's very bad. Especially for men. So I researched and agree. Now we are switching to skim milk. I don't dare research that! Then this morning I saw that my Kashi Go Lean has soy grits as the first ingredient. Seriously??? My morning cereal is 12 points because I put walnuts in it. This keeps me full until lunch. But it's too many points. So, now I'm trying to think of easy, quick, and filling breakfast. Ideas??
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #147  

As far as breakfast goes (Teresa and Maurene), I use a microwave egg cooker (new from Pampered Chef, and I don't sing it's praises just because I sell PC. I use that thing EVERY morning and I LOVE it). I can get an egg for an egg sandwich in 2 minutes, if I use eggbeaters it's 1.5 minutes. A poached egg takes me about 1 minute, etc. I've never seen another product that can make eggs that quickly in the microwave without blowing them up.

I make egg sandwiches (English muffin (I'm sure you can find low carb, I use whole wheat or light for 3PP), egg, slice of cheese and slice of Canadian bacon, it's 7PP if I use a real egg, 6 PP if I use eggbeaters), I like egg burritos (low carb/high fiber burrito wrap (Ole brand), 1/2 C. eggs, RF Mexican cheese and salsa for 5PP). I also like poached eggs, I eat two with two pieces of toast, 6PP. I pair my breakfast with fruit most mornings. I love strawberries and blueberries, sliced apples, pineapple, grapes, etc. I just love fruit. If I'm not in the mood for eggs or for "cooking" (in the microwave), I mix together vanilla yogurt, granola (Bear Naked Vanilla Almond), strawberries and blueberries. Depending on the serving size, it's usually 6-8PP for me.

I work from home, so I have the luxury of snacking and eating when I am hungry, not on anybody's schedule but mine. Fiber bars keep me full (I like Fiber Plus), as do most yogurts and cheese. I love apples paired with cheese.

Last edited by MrsD2008; 04-26-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5 1/2

somuchfattitude congrats on your new house!!

MrsD2008 Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will try it on my week off and by reading it, it looks yummy!

I am bummed for tomorrow is my WI. This week was a bad week for me. It started out good tracking wise and all but as the days pass by my choice of food are bad. I ate 2 bags of chips, cookies, cakes, ice cream and what not (of course not in one day. Accumulated for the whole week). But I did good on working out but I think my workout was not enough. I weighed in today and I am up 2.4 lbs. Now I am drinking lots of water to flush out all that salt and because my muscles are sore its so hard to flush it out. Sore muscles retains water too! Mad at myself. Its all ME to blame! Cant resist!

Hoping for the best numbers on my WI tomorrow!

Last edited by myfavisblue; 04-26-2013 at 05:28 PM.
myfavisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #149  
Cindy

Hey folks, I need you to talk me down. Horrible weigh in this week. Up 2.6 pounds. I think I know why, but it still hurts, especially since I am back over 200.

I ran way too much this week, I think. Normally I do three miles a week, this week I went crazy and did 12 miles. Not only is that not good as far as potential injuries, but I think it stalled my weight loss this week. I had 30 AP per my ActiveLink, and still had 16 WPs left over.

Lesson: Ramp up my miles MUCH more slowly. Perhaps make sure I eat all my APs. I may even change settings in etools so AP gets used before WP.

Also, this seems to be my normal week for a little gain, according to the pattern I've been seeing. Ugh. So depressing.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #150  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

FORKEEPS- that sucks! You are right about ramping up your exercise a bit more slowly. Not sure it that causes the weight gain but with your normal cycle it might. You can do it, just keep tracking and moving and it will come back off.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote