Old 04-01-2010, 06:35 AM   #1  
Because I Can

Height: 5'6"

Default 30-Something's April Chat

I just want to say, Melissa (that's me), this is the first day of April. You weigh 192. You need to be in the low 180's by the end of this month. 185 will have come and gone. This is also the beginning of your new 12 week challenge. That's 24#s. (I can never remember my past weights. I figured since I was satrting the new thread, it would be an easy place to reference. )
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:10 AM   #2  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I'm doing the "math" too and getting pretty darn excited!!

I weighed 197 this am and in one month, if I lose 2lbs/week, will be at 189! OMG! That would be AMAZING! I really feel like this next month/12 week period are so critical for me because it's new territory. I haven't been at these weights since the "way up." If I can get through this and keep on keepin' on, I really think I am going to get to goal. I mean, yeah, duh, but there is still this part of me that isn't totally convinced it will happen. I will convince "her" completely with these next 12 weeks. I can do this. I will do this. I AM doing this!!

I am in a super fantastic mood today. I will be MIA from the boards for a few days for a very fun reason. I can't wait to get back on and see all of your progress! I will walk and walk and walk and eat fruit and lean protein. I will NOT eat french fries or other fried foods. Soo, not worth it!

Thanks Mel for the post - the beginning of the month is a great time for positive affirmations!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #3  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

Hey ladies--- SO SICK today. Thats how you tell its officially Spring-- I am jacked up on sinus meds.

Anywho, I am GOING to get in the 100's, participate in the Biggest Loser thing AND wear those 16s comfortably this month.

Theres mine. Back later on, after my poor head explodes.
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #4  
Finally doing something!

S/C/G: 223/180.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Oh gosh, I'm right there with you parked out...sinuses are killing me. The pollen is out of hand over here.

I hear you girls, I'm going for 185 too. Beach, 2lbs a week is my goal too and I think it's reasonble and doable. We can do it! (as Tony Little would say )

Mel you're right there, you'll get there for sure!

I had an NSV today...I turned down a doghnut! I was put right in my face and I said no thank you. I have a goal to meet!
Caro0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #5  

Afternooon everyone!

Mel- You will meet that goal. I am sure you will. You totally rock and are kicking some weightloss butt!

parked- Hope you feel better soon. Oh and all that pigging out i did on Tuesday was BEFORE the broadcast on the news about food addiction to junk food being similar to herion. I did a "ah ha " moment and am determined not to pig out like that again.

Caro- A doughnut in the face, oh... nothing more tempting than that! Good job turning that deep fried trans fat laden ring of deliciousness down.

Today is my Friday! I have a three day weekend but will be very busy getting errands done tomorrow. Then shopping Saturday and of course Easter on Sunday. Mom is cooking for Sunday, I am not sure what I can eat, probably just pick and eat before I go so I won't be tempted to eat a bunch of crap.

Hope ya'll have a wonderful weekend!!!

Last edited by squeak351; 04-01-2010 at 03:48 PM.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,
Just wanted to say hello! We're having some absolutely gorgeous weather!

Have a great day!
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #7  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Good morning 30-somethings!!

It's great when you don't have to get up and go to work for 2 weeks. I'm going to have my breakfast in a few minutes at 9am, then at 10 go for my run, then head over to karate for an hour or so at noon for some one-on-one training with a few friends of mine.

I'm rarin' to go this month! I'm just handling my weight loss one day at a time right now. I was a big nervous about weighing in this morning; I didn't have the best day- lunch/afternoon tea was at 3:45 (this after my morning tea at 10am, so I was very hungry). I had a peanut butter sandwich and I didn't measure any of my jam or peanut butter and then I had a Pinky bar (caramel, marshmallow and chocolate). I also had a craving for ice cream which I caved in for-- Criminal Minds was on last night and it's ice cream night. It was aptly named a "colossal cone". 400 calories later, I'm thinking this is really bad.

Well, I stepped on my scale this morning, hoping I wasn't going to see 81kg. What I did see rocked my world. I was down from yesterday- 78.8kg. I ran into my computer room and booted the computer up, not being able to wait for my weight tracker to load. Something else rocked my world! I was

79.9 KG!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in the 70s!
HA! Boom baby! Oh yeah. Go me.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #8  
Because I Can

OMg, donuts would be TOUGH to turn down! They give me heartburn now and I would still want one.

I hope you ladies are feeling better with your sinuses. Allergies wipe me out completely.

Silver, Hi! Short and sweet because you're out enjoying the weather?

BeachB, I'm still riding that "so excited for the next 12 weeks" wave too. Have fun on your trip!

I just answered the door. It was Fed Ex with an Easter package for my kids. Grandma sent them a 6# bag of candy. Nice. We love Grandma though. Mostly because she's not blood related.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #9  
Because I Can

Mollz, we must have been posting at the same time. WTG!!!!! I'm so super happy for you!!!!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/seeticker/130

Height: 5'3"

mollz- great job, congrats!!!!
keep up the good work.
i can't wait to get my tracker and start seeing it go down.
happy april to all, this is going to be a good month!!!!
momof2kz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #11  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Morning gals. Just checking in. I've had a very difficult last month - the scale...well it hasn't gone down one little bit. I had a little fit and it went up a little and then back down - but here I am...still where I was a month ago. I'm irritated because I work. Oh do I. I stick to a 1400 or below calorie budget and bust my a*s at the gym 5 days a week.

Sinking into a depression over here...
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #12  

Good morning ladies!

Mel - yes, yesterday I was outside enjoying the gorgeous weather! Had a wonderful day! Wow - six lbs of candy could be dangerous, hope none of your faves are in there!

BeachBreeze - way to go on the loss! It's hard when you start to play head games with yourself. I do that, too. I think the key is to keep trucking along and that doubter in you won't have a choice but to believe!

parkedout - I hope those sinuses are feeling better!

Caro - good job on the donut! Gotta love those NSVs!

Mollz - rock on!

momof2k - nice to meet you!

morton - I hear ya. I stayed on track all week this week, only to be treated by the scale going up by .2 lbs a day EVERY DAY for the last five days. Yep - crept up a lb for no apparent reason! Irritating as heck. We're gonna do it in April, we will!

Well, in spite of the scale being a perfect a-hole this week, I still made the goal of 140s by April (even if I'm within a hair of 150s). I'm going to have to really shred it at the gym this month. I've been really reluctant to add weight lifting to the mix since I feel like I need all the cardio I can get (truth be told, I do need all the cardio I can get!) but I need to start the weights, too, if I don't want to show up at the beach with my hello bettys!
Old 04-02-2010, 10:12 AM   #13  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 184/138/120

Height: Almost 5'2"

I am definitely in need of a new start, and a new month is a great time to do it. I've revamped my plan this morning to something that will be good for me and easy enough to stick to, as opposed to well, no plan. I've been eating out too much and enjoying our homebrew too much as well. That right there is enough to keep me from making any progress! I feel lucky to have not really gained weight, but I am still where I have been since this year started. Stupid! So here is to a new month, new day, new start. I hope everyone else has a great month too!!
Bigknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #14  
Because I Can

Pix, I was wondering about your silence lately. Girl, BeachB and I TOTALLY know where you're coming from. Feb AND March both sucked for us. The scale did move, but it sticks for weeks at a time and then a little whoosh. I know it's not the same as being the same weight for a month. Getting on the scale and seeing the same thing for 3 weeks is frustrating as heck. Maybe try the zig-zag with your cals? Have you changed up your workout routine? If being overweight is so unhealthy for our bodies, you'd think they'd be more willing to let go of the fat stores. Ugh!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:06 PM   #15  

Mel - have I ever told you how adorable your icon pic is? Toooo cute!