February Chat - Page 12 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 02-20-2013, 03:03 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Whoa, I can't believe how fast I went from completely motivated to utterly depressed. It started with Valentine's day. I was so good, I told FDH not to buy me anything. What I didn't expect was how much candy my step son was going to bring home. It's my first V-day with kids (living with me full time), so I wasn't prepared. I was SO angry. I just wanted to eat it all. I settled on two pieces of starburst. And that was okay, but then the next night I had four pieces of crap candy and a lot of food after the kids went to bed. Then on Saturday we went to my MIL's to help her move and I went all prepared with a banana...but it turned out to me spending 25 points at Jack in the Box. I ordered without checking the points first and that was a huge mistake. I have since made a list with fast food places and options with points at each. My "week" ends tonight and I ended up using almost all of my weekly points. When I was on WW before I rarely did that. So I'm kind of not sure what to expect at my first weigh in tomorrow.

So I feel negative about my first week back. I really struggle with how much I want to eat after the kids go to bed. I could eat and eat and eat until bedtime, and I've really got to get a handle on that. I'll let you all know how my weigh in goes tomorrow.

On the upside my BFF came to visit and we finished my wedding invitations as well as tried on my dress with the slip, bra, and veil that she brought out. I actually feel beautiful, which I didn't expect. I got the dress used and I'm really happy with it. It's very flattering and hides my stomach really well.

smashlers - congrats on the engagement!! I just got engaged on 12/12/12 and our wedding will be on 04/21/13. It's definitely an exciting time!

roxanne - way to be content with maintaining. You are just practicing for when you hit goal!!

luv cats - congrats on 15 lbs lost! That's awesome!

Last edited by ade903; 02-20-2013 at 03:05 AM.
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:59 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Ade: your dress is gorgeous and you look absolutely stunning in it! I struggle with the wanting to eat all the time as well. I have been turning to fruit more and more. It always makes me feel better knowing that I can eat as much of it as I want to. I very rarely meet my daily goals of serving for fruit/veg so I don't overeat but it makes me feel better knowing that in this...there is no limit! (I've been an overeater for years and years so sometimes just having the option to be able to eat as much as I want of something is enough for me to be able to handle portion control on everything else!)

That's a good idea on the sheet for fast food. I should do that as well!

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #168  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Smashlers-congrats!

I had a bad week last week (way too much overtime, work, no sleep). I gained 4 lbs but I'm hoping that's all water weight. Since I daily weigh, I already know I lost "3 pounds" in a day of being back on track. I'm not feeling very active/motivated to workout other than things I enjoy (if that. I'm just feeling lazy!). I've rented ATS 6 week series from raqsTV.com (it was 15 dollars for 6 weeks) so that I could learn ATS style bellydance at home since I work nights. My husband also said that I could take an Egyptian style class for the next 6 weeks (although he's a bit frustrated with it). Yay though!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #169  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

I just need to vent for a moment - and then I'll go write my angry letter to LA Fitness and update www.somuchfattitude.com about it, too. I went to spin last night and there was the RUDEST instructor. To the point where my DH almost said something to her about the way she was behaving toward me, and DH doesn't doesn't do "scenes in public." She essentially singled me out the entire class and "checked on me" to make sure I could keep up, etc. The infuriating part was that she called out gears and noted beginner, intermediate and advanced rider gears. I rode advanced and even higher than her suggested advanced gears, but she still felt the need to come over to me AND ONLY ME in a class of 20'ish to look at me, my bike, my gears, ask if I knew what I was doing, etc. OMG - I am getting upset all over again and not in the hurt feelings kind of way because I'm super confident, but in the WHO THE F*CK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE kind of way. Oh boy - ok, I'll spare you all and go write my letter/blog.

Happy Wednesday!

----------

smashlers - OMG COME ON! DETAILS! How'd it happen?! Pics? Details, woman!

LuvCats - Hmm - I go to the meetings and no, they actually didn't. There's a "healthy weight" suggestion for each height of a range you should fall between to be a "lifetime member" but you can set your own goal.

roxannestags Congrats on conquering your spaces! I struggle on the weekends because we're out and with friends. I totally get your success there!

ade903 - What a pretty dress! I'm not a huge sweets person at all, but I do keep a bag of the Whitman's Weight Watcher's candy where it's 1pt/piece in case I get an urge. Maybe something like that would help? I love their heath bar knockoff.

Daimere - Water Weight can be cruel. lol. Why is DH frustrated?

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 02-20-2013 at 09:57 AM.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #170  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Thanks for all the congratulations! You guys are awesome. Somuchfattitude, details details! Well, we had been talking about getting married and engaged for so long that when the actual question was popped it was slightly anti-climactic. LOL, don't tell him that. He asked, I said yes. There is no ring yet, but we are going to find one this summer at an estate sale, auction, hel*, I would even look in a pawn shop. I want something old with filigree. As far as the date and the event- That wont all go down until Sept 2015! So I have time to plan and really do something we like on the cheap and look great doing it! Thanks for asking! Gah, it feels so surreal.

On that cycling experience..... what a condescending beotch. You should have told her to get away. lol. Write your letter. Why would you want to continue going to a place that lets their employees talk to PAYING members like that?! Maybe you can get some free stuff out of it. :P Tell that Jillian Michael's wannabe to get lost.

ade903 April!! Oh my goodness. You are a brave lady. I have though several times since the day of our engagment "how to couples do this in LESS than 2 years?!?" Haha, you look fabulous. I love the detail on the veil, very vintage.

Last edited by smashlers; 02-20-2013 at 10:39 AM.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #171  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Height: 5'6"

smashlers Congrats! That is so exciting!

ade993 Wow, that dress is gorgeous! You look stunning in it, and happy.

somuchfattitude Sorry to hear about your bad experience. The instructors should be there to support you, not tear you down. Unless you signed up for boot camp, but not a spinning class.
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #172  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Quote:
Why is DH frustrated?
Cause I said I would save the classes as rewards. It's $45 to take a 6 week class (paying 7.5 for each class practically). But it will be a constant 6 week encouragement to keep going. I was off plan most of last week and I got BACK on plan. That could be amazing for some people. I've told him that after the six week class (after getting a good basic in person), I'll go back to sporadic classes. But come on, this is a DANCE FORM. You can't really learn dance from DVDs alone! And we also just got our tax check back, so why not? It's not like he's been paying for my WW or half of my food. My mother has been.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 245/tracker/162

Height: 5`3

ade903 You look absolutely beautiful! That dress is gorgeous.

smashlers Congrats!!! I really wanted a vintage ring as well, and my husband got the ring my late grandpa gave my grandma back in the day. It's gorgeous and has a lot of meaning. Before I got my ring, I drooled over the ones on this website. Maybe you can get some good ideas. FayCullen . com

somuchfattitude That spin lady is a raging B! You're a much better person than I am! I definitely would have caused a scene. I am glad you are going to report it because that's unacceptable.

As for me, I was down 1.6 pounds this week. That makes 10.1 total in 4 weeks. I am loving Weight Watchers and my husband has even joined in. Of course I consider him skinny, but he is a police officer and wants to stay in shape for his job. He's lost 7 pounds in like 3 days. His metabolism is amazing.

I live in Kansas and we are experiencing Snowmageddon here. 10" to 12" of snow is expected. The house is stocked with good food, so Ender (my son) and I are staying in!

I hope everyone is doing well!
geekmadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #174  

Oh, I am SO excited!! I finished my assessment period with the active link today! And within ten minutes of finishing the assessment, I made my daily goal!! I was so psyched!

Now granted, in making my goal today it counted most of my day. I work the NOC shift and apparently I was really busy at 6 am (not busier than usual I thought). So that counted.

So as soon as I got the thing set up, I started a short workout...workout being a fancy name for what I do. I just put on fast music and dance...well move at least...I don't think my uncoordinated efforts can be called dance! lol

I had just started doing those dances when the activity monitor was delivered so I quit during my assessment because they are not part of my normal routine.

So now that I am out of assessment, back to my unconventional get up and move exercise! lol

It was NICE to see that 1AP and KNOW that I earned (instead of just thinking that maybe I earned it)

Happy Dance (pun intended)

Roxanne
Old 02-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #175  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

http://somuchfattitude.com/2013/02/2...think-you-are/

That's the letter I emailed them.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #176  

Somuchfattitude
Let us know how that goes! I applaud your courage and self-confidence. If it had been me, I would not have EVER gone back.

The one time I even ventured into a spin class, I was so intimidated that I never went back.

Roxanne
Old 02-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #177  

Oh! I forgot to tell you guys what happened to me this morning!

Let's start off with the fact that all 3 of my cats are FIRED!

I went to step on my scale this morning only to find a mouse half underneath it. Yes it was alive!! I have THREE cats in the house and yet there was STILL a mouse in my house! (It was probably one of the cats that actually brought it in. They have a bad habit of bringing them in to "play" with them and then they lose them instead!) So after squealing like someone had shot me, I had to go get a plastic jug, catch the poor thing and take it outside.

Now, I can't get on my scale without getting the heebies that there is a mouse underneath it!!

Roxanne
Old 02-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #178  

Congrats to you gals getting married. The dress is beautiful and you look wonderful in it.

Well, I got my Activelink, and boy from what I see so far, I am a bump on a log. (desk job what should I expect!) The best time of day on it so far was the ride in the truck to work, pretty bumpy roads - does that count?

Have a great night everyone.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #179  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

I always get so nervous on Wednesday night!! I tracked 2 hours and 40 mins of activity this week. Double what I have tracked on weeks that I have awesome losses. I shouldn't get too excited. Tomorrow will tell. Here is what I ate today-

Breakfast, egg and facon, 3pts

AM Snack:
Fage Yogurt, 3pts

Lunch:
Subway Veggie Delight salad, 0pts
mozzarella, 1pts
Sweet onion dressing, 3pts
Baked lays, 3pts

PM Snack:
String Cheese, 2pts
Baby Carrots, 0pts

Dinner!!!:
2 slices of bakery BREAD, 6 pts
2 tbs oil (with infused herbs ), 7pts
Spaghetti Squash, 0pts
Nate's Meatless Meatballs, 5 pts

Dessert: Mint WW Bar, 2 pts
Pop corn, 3pts
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:54 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5 1/2

smashlers congratulations on your engagement!!!!

ade903 Awwww so BEAUTIFUL! Love the dress.*geting teary eyed now* I get emotional when I see someone getting married or soon to be married. Wish I would get married too (single lady here lol)

somuchfattitude you go girl! Show that damn B whos she messing with. She should not do you like that. She supposed to be a motivator to help you and not let you down and criticize you. Ohhhhh now I am getting mad

geekmadre girl you know men they lose weight like fast as a lightning. Seen that commercial forgot the brand though. Its about a diet supplement or smething its like a cartoonie thing. The wife keeps on dieting and she does not lose weight then her husband did the diet too and he lost a whole LOT of weight? Seen it?

roxannestags girl I would be running the other way of course sreaming like the devil himself was set loose from **** hahahaha. Ohhhhh dont like mouse. Uh-uh no ma'am!

Ok had a bad food choice last tuesday. Because was so excited I lost like 3 lbs unofficially I had turkey wrap for dinner at work. So thought it was healthy and all cause its turkey, took a bite and there was bacon. So of course kept on eating and then tracked it. Yikes!! It was like 20 pts for just half serving!! I ate the whole wrap so most likely it would be 40 some pts. Now I dont have WP no more. All used up by that darn turkey wrap. So gotta to some workout to earn me some AP! Argh!!!!! My WI is not until saturday. Haaayyy so much for loosing those 3 lbs.
myfavisblue is offline   Reply With Quote