Old 02-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #136  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Height: 5'6"

ade903: I got that kit least week too, and I like the Success workbook. I also use the measuring cups and the points calculator. Which bag did you get? I got red. Wish it had handles, but that's my only complaint so far.

smashlers: You'll get there next week! You are doing great. I thought the meeting was good too. I don't always weigh or measure my food, often I estimate, especially meat. I have a little food scale, I should dig it out again to see how close I estimate.

I am down 3.6 at tonight's weigh in. I am very happy with that. Got a 5# sticker, my first one.

I am going to change to Saturday weigh ins and meetings. Is it easy to change your date online? When should I do it, now or next Saturday?

The active link is intriguing. I am thinking about it, but need to wait to save a little money first.
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:08 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Chele: Have fun with the Zumba classes

Straightahead: I ordered mine from amazon! I don't cravae dairy but I love cheese and will eat that often.

forkeeps: congrats on the loss!!

I went 11 points into my weekly points today. I had a little bit of chocolate that put me a few points over but then my twins brought me home a box of chocolate. It was a small one with 3 pieces but I wasn't going to not eat the chocolate when they pooled their money to get everyone a treat. Sweet girls. It was 8 points though! 8 of my dark chocolate truffles were only 11 points. I was shocked. Anyway, the extra points were well spent.

I had a NSV today. I put on an outfit tonight that has been tight on me and it fits well! It's also a size smaller than what I have been wearing.I felt good.

Speaking of scales, how on earth do you have a 5lb fluctuation in ONE DAY? Less than a day actually. Yesterday before work, the scale showed 5 lbs more than it did this morning.

Well off to work.
Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:39 AM   #138  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

My husband bought me a new scale which makes me feel better cause I don't feel like I'm precariously standing on it. And I kinda put it in perspective. I have lost 13 pounds since January, whereas a girl that started the same as me, lost 4 lbs and then gave up (restarted again, probably gave up, etc). At this rate, I will be able to be 212 by December. He kinda seemed like he kinda had a look on his face like "wow."
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 245/tracker/162

Height: 5`3

Roxanne- I use EMeals! I love it! I have had it for a long time and I was using the Classic Meals. When I saw they had a WW plan, it inspired me to try WW again. For $28 a year, it is so worth it.

Well, I have been stuck for a few days. The scale won't move. I did use some weekly points on Wednesday for 2 beers. I do trivia every Wednesday at a bar and we won a pitcher. I was actually good on Valentine's Day. We stayed in. I even made some 1 point chocolate covered strawberries. I am trying to stay positive. Hopefully I will be down on Wednesday for my weekly WI. My first mini goal was to be in the 220s for my husband's birthday on February 25. 6 pounds in 10 days is a bit of a stretch.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Alyssa
geekmadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:24 AM   #140  

Today is weigh in and I don't feel it will go well.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 278.4/see siggy/178.4

Eergh! We went out for Chinese last night with my parents and, oh my, I have the salt bloat today. My rings are so tight this morning. I did stay on plan/within my daily points and drank about a gallon of tea and water but wow, it is amazing how salty it is. Guess that is why it tastes SO good.

Here's hoping it disappears before Monday's WI.
gooch100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #142  
Cindy

chickadee: Keeping my fingers crossed. Let us know how it goes.

gooch: Yikes, Chinese is salty for sure. You should be fine by Monday.

We went to Olive Garden last night. I did pretty well and made some wise decisions. I am not a fan of pasta at all, nor cheese really, so I was able to stay away from the worst options with ease.

Oh, and I found out (luckily in time) that my race is tomorrow, not today. So I guess I'll run a mile today then do the big one tomorrow.

How is everyone else doing this weekend?
Old 02-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #143  

I just had to share Dance Party on the Xbox Kinect is a workout!

DH and I have been playing and sweating for the last hour or so. We each dance for about 15 minutes and then let the other take a turn. It definitely gets the blood pumping and the heart rate up.

I am definitely earning those activity points today. Though I have sadly learned that this carrot has better rhythm than I do.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #144  

Well, I gained .6 lbs, I knew it. Don't understand it, but I knew it. I was on plan all week, used some of my bonus points - so maybe that is what did it.

I have this bad mindset about exercise and I have to get over it. I did buy the Active Link(thanks ladies for all your comments on it), so here is hoping that gets me moving.

The sun is shining today with a brisk 15 degrees outside here. Hope everyone continues to do well and can enjoy the weekend. I am going shopping for some butterfly fabric this afternoon for a baby quilt, that will make me feel better.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #145  
Cindy

Well, I finished the 5k without stopping to walk, which is always my goal though I don't always achieve that. My time was the usual, around 44 minutes. I can't decide the worst part, the fact that I had to get up at 6am or the fact that it was 25 degrees outside! The best part is my exercise is done for the day.

Yay gooch! That sounds like a lot of fun. And your carrot comment cracked me up.

chickadee: I hope you enjoy the active link. I am considering getting it too. And you're a quilter? That is so impressive. It's something I've always wanted to try. Hope you have fun!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #146  

Well, I am going to confess, yesterday after my not so good weigh in and after I went fabric shopping, my DH wanted to go out for a delayed Valentine dinner and we went to his Chinese Buffet place. Yikkes.

I am paying for it today, I figured I used all my bonus points for the week so I am over that, but I cannot believe how awful I feel today. I want so bad to feel as good as I felt Friday before even weigh in day.

I think I need a refresher course on how WW works, I don't think it was ever explained to me other than points, here is the book. If I eat a salad for dinner, can the salad be as big as the dinner plate wtih lots of extra veggies and a portion of protein? Or do I have to watch the portion size of a salad, I know I have to watch the dressing used. I find I eat more carbs on WW, I never use to eat bread everyday, now I do (one slice or thin slices) So, now I think I need to sit back and look at this process closer, not give up, but I feel I am missing something. (Or is it the exercise part.) Sorry, to go on and on.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #147  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

Chickadee You were walking and moving more that you had been. right? Perhaps you have some water issues going on. I know when I started moving around I didn't have a huge loss that first week. I think the beauty of WW is that you will have another shot at a happy weigh in the next week. Keep doing what you are doing. If you didn't eat bread before... don't mess with it. I wasn't big on bread before I started, and I don't push myself to eat it now. I guess my biggest point is to not be hard on yourself. Just keep going! On salads, I usually just track something generic like "Garden Salad" and put in portion size (2 cups, or whatever), adding anything that will cost me points.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #148  

Thank you for your comments, I got my chin up, today is a new day.

Is there a recommended amount of water to drink daily?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashlers View Post
Chickadee You were walking and moving more that you had been. right? Perhaps you have some water issues going on. I know when I started moving around I didn't have a huge loss that first week. I think the beauty of WW is that you will have another shot at a happy weigh in the next week. Keep doing what you are doing. If you didn't eat bread before... don't mess with it. I wasn't big on bread before I started, and I don't push myself to eat it now. I guess my biggest point is to not be hard on yourself. Just keep going! On salads, I usually just track something generic like "Garden Salad" and put in portion size (2 cups, or whatever), adding anything that will cost me points.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #149  

Chickdee - re: water. I try to drink 8 8-oz glasses a day (64 ozs). Doesn't always happen but that is my target.

I am making a delish dinner tonight and only 6.5 points per serving.

Salsa Verde Enchiladas

1 jar Trader Joe's salsa verde - 1.2 pts for the whole jar
2 large chicken breasts - mine were a total of 18 oz. - 18 pts
8 low fat high fiber whole wheat large tortillas (1 pakage) - 20 points total
1 jar Trader Joe's enchillada sauce - 4. 5 points for the whole jar
1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese - 7 points

50.7 points for the whole recipe
8 servings (serving size: 1 enchilada) at 6.5 points per serving.

Place chicken breasts in a crockpot
Pour salsa verde over top
Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Shred chicken
Cook on warm for another hour to let the chicken really soak up the salsa verde flavor
Preheat oven to 350.
Place 1/8 of the shredded chicken in the middle one of the tortillas, spreading out so it is in a line. Roll and place in a large rectangular pyrex dish.
Repeat 7 more times. The rolled chicken filled tortillas should fill the pan in one layer.
Pour enchilada sauce over the all the rolled tortillas.
Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes
After 20 minutes, remove foil and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake another 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5 1/2

Hi guys had my WI yesterday and it was pretty good. Lost 0.8 lbs. Not a big loss but a loss is a loss right?
These past few days been working night shifts because been filling out the open night shift slot until they hire new people, so its hard to keep up with the tracking. The usual breakfast turns into late lunch and lunch into late dinner . Its ok though 1 more night shift and I am back to my regular work schedule (evening shift)

chickadeee55 dont worry I have been there and done that. Some days its awesome and some days its bad. But dont worry tomorrow is another day and we just keep moving forward. Smile and let the worries fly away

forkeeps good job with the 5K run!!

gooch100 that's good to hear you enjoyed it with your DH ...
shake it shake it mr.

Have a good one guys!!
myfavisblue is offline   Reply With Quote