Old 06-28-2011, 07:59 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryblue View Post
How have you been lately Jinksie? Has everything been ok on your end now? I had been thinking about you.
im fine, i think. I have moments.
the ex and i have a weird situation. He doesnt want to support me/us once the divorce is done but his family wont help me. I asked his grandmother, who has a spare room - all i need is a roof for the baby, and she was a little bitter and rude, i dont know if she was having a bad day, but it annoyed me. And ex's mother lives with them too, so i cant ask her.
His step mother keeps pressuring me find somewhere for all of us and get myself a job (no one gets a job in this Area during summer, seasonal jobs end here when it gets hot, cos everyone leaves. And i'll be leaving in a few months - that's a really good prospect to hire me (not), if i couldnt get one when i was staying here, i certainly wont find one when im leaving).
soooooo... still dealing with trying to get security money for a new place - which means probably not paying some bills.
And then the baby was sick yesterday - she was in a foul mood all day, and i couldnt handle it.
and the 4lbs i lost - gained 3 back.. WOO! =p
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:59 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Turbo: At least I know I'm not the only one! Thanks for that. I peeked on the scale and it looks like I am up a pound and hopefully I can get that off by Saturday. I have painting to do here, too, but I hate it and so I still have a billion paint samples on the walls LOL.

Catahoula: Sorry your WI didn't go as planned. I know how frustrating the scale can be. Just keep doing the right thing and it will catch up with you. Enjoy your vacation!

Jinks: I hope things look up for you soon. Hopefully you can figure out a short-term situation for you and your daughter before you go back home. I wish you were closer, we have so much extra room here and you'd be welcome to stay until you had things figured out.

Mercury: Oh, my favorite subject. Hair. I have shoulder length dark brown/graying hair (I have a love-hate relationship with the graying part). It is very thick. Usually I have a slight side part, no bangs, and honestly I wear it back in a half ponytail or messy bun most of the time. I want something sort of edgy and trendy but am not interested in the upkeep of a complicated color job or spending hours doing it every day (I have to be at work at 6 am so I don't have a lot of time in the morning). I am sort of loving this haircut right now (it is a gif so I will post as a link, it's cool because she turns her head so you can see the sides: http://evingar.tumblr.com/post/6607124110). The last time I had my hair really cut it involved many months of growing out so I'm a bit nervous but I really like this style. We'll see. I've had something sort of similar in the past (the wife called it my Tegan & Sara haircut) so I think it will work for me and if it is thinned quite a bit it will cut down on the maintenance aspect.

I am considering driving down to visit my parents/sister for the weekend of July 4th. What are you all doing for the holiday?
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #18  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Spooky : I so hate painting too. And we even can't figure out what color we'll choose in the next appartment. The boyfriend likes to be really involved in those decision and don't like some of the color I like... Argumentation is coming I think LOL

The hairstyle you post is so cute! I like it! it doesn't look like it would need hours to do in the morning. I'm also looking for a new hairstyle for september (because there's nothing to do with my hair in the summer, humidity = LOTS of frizzle) Might be coloring them!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:40 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 202.8/see ticker/135

Just back from my weigh in. Down 3.2 pounds, for a total of 24.4 pounds since May 10! I am almost halfway to goal!
SkineeMinnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys sorry I'm not as supportive I'm moving tomorrow and I'm being swallowed by boxes and cleaning and stress!!!!!! Ahhh I just want it over.

I was up .2 today at weigh in. Probably because of TOM and I switched my workout up and I'm most likely retaining water. Anyway I'm just going to keep going because I feel good and I know I'm doing the right stuff!

I will post more after I move!
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #21  

Good luck with the mooving Proatthis!!

And congrats SkineeMinnee! What a great loss
Old 06-28-2011, 05:57 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinksie View Post
im fine, i think. I have moments.
the ex and i have a weird situation. He doesnt want to support me/us once the divorce is done but his family wont help me. I asked his grandmother, who has a spare room - all i need is a roof for the baby, and she was a little bitter and rude, i dont know if she was having a bad day, but it annoyed me. And ex's mother lives with them too, so i cant ask her.
His step mother keeps pressuring me find somewhere for all of us and get myself a job (no one gets a job in this Area during summer, seasonal jobs end here when it gets hot, cos everyone leaves. And i'll be leaving in a few months - that's a really good prospect to hire me (not), if i couldnt get one when i was staying here, i certainly wont find one when im leaving).
soooooo... still dealing with trying to get security money for a new place - which means probably not paying some bills.
And then the baby was sick yesterday - she was in a foul mood all day, and i couldnt handle it.
and the 4lbs i lost - gained 3 back.. WOO! =p
I hope this will all work out for you Jinksie. I am sending all my good vibes to you. Where abouts in Australia are you from? (i think you said you had family there). I also would hope that your ex would help you out?
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #23  

SpookyYa! i think that hair is super cute. Dont worry about cuttin it, just do something you feel will look good, and that you really want. In the end, hair does grow back anyhow. I just cant wait. Im due for a change and this is a new me... i feel like a butterfly coming out of a cocoon. As silly as that seems lol. Everything just seems brighter these days. And the new hair i am looking forward to. Make sure when you get it cut you post pics!!! cant wait to see. Do you think you will dye it as well?

Last edited by mercuryblue; 06-28-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryblue View Post
I hope this will all work out for you Jinksie. I am sending all my good vibes to you. Where abouts in Australia are you from? (i think you said you had family there). I also would hope that your ex would help you out?
South Australia. Dobunk little town called Whyalla.
All my immediate family are there, he rest scatter out a little.
and my ex is being forced to? lol i dunno, we've been good actually. No fighting, carrying on like normal without the BS of a relationship. Its quite liberating
Old 06-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone. I've been super busy lately with school work. My teacher was lacking on her end and not giving assignments, so she decided to basically load them all on us at once (well, like 3 due a week for the next few weeks). I have 2 classes so it's coming to a time crunch now that it's mid semester. Plus, I now have a sinus infection so hasn't been much exercise between that and school work. Tomorrow I'm gonna wash my car and try to go swimming as that still burns calories but won't kill me lol. I feel like I've been eating horribly this week. TOM showed up and I've been eating not so healthy foods, but still staying in my points. I don't know if it's the bloating making me feel worse or the bad foods I've eaten. I guess I'll see the results in a few days. Hope everyone is having a great week.
Live Laugh Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #26  

We're getting the key of the new place this afternoon! We'll be able to paint a bit and moove boxes before the moovers come in on friday. YAY
Old 06-29-2011, 11:01 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Default vegetarianism

So, over the course of the last few years, I've been wanting to go vegetarian- (mostly for ethical reasons, but also for health reasons).. but find it hard, when there's a few select items that are kinda hard to give up (plus the rest of the family isn't interested in converting). I was just looking over my tracker for the last few weeks- and minus the week or two that I had a slice of turkey bacon on my breakfast sandwich, or a polish dog at lunch, I'm only eating meat at dinner time... AND there were a handful of days that I didn't even eat meat then. Maybe it isn't such an unobtainable goal afterall! I don't know how I didn't notice my reduction in meat consumption, but it makes me a happy girl.
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsenberry View Post
So, over the course of the last few years, I've been wanting to go vegetarian- (mostly for ethical reasons, but also for health reasons).. but find it hard, when there's a few select items that are kinda hard to give up (plus the rest of the family isn't interested in converting). I was just looking over my tracker for the last few weeks- and minus the week or two that I had a slice of turkey bacon on my breakfast sandwich, or a polish dog at lunch, I'm only eating meat at dinner time... AND there were a handful of days that I didn't even eat meat then. Maybe it isn't such an unobtainable goal afterall! I don't know how I didn't notice my reduction in meat consumption, but it makes me a happy girl.
i have days where i dont eat meat, but i could never go vegetarian. I like hamburgers too much and chicken. mmmmm

kudos to you
Old 06-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsenberry View Post
Id love to go vegetarian. I was driving on the highway the other day to work and a truck passed me with a bunch of adorable cows in it... and i knew where they were headed to. Made me really sad. I dont think anyone would ever eat meat if they knew what had to actually happen before it got to the grocery store. Pretty barbaric. I was just talking to my boyfriend about this the other day. I dont really eat beef anyhow, but i do eat chicken. So if i could just give up the chicken, i could do it! With the amount that i love animals its weird i am not a vege anyhow. I think i will try for a month and see what happens. I can do the protein shakes instead.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinksie View Post
South Australia. Dobunk little town called Whyalla.
All my immediate family are there, he rest scatter out a little.
and my ex is being forced to? lol i dunno, we've been good actually. No fighting, carrying on like normal without the BS of a relationship. Its quite liberating
Yaay i found you on a map! Whyalla is near a little inlet of water, and your near Adelaide. How far are you from Adelaide driving? I love australia, never been but i had a guy live with me for 2 years who is from Melbourne. He keeps at me to come visit there. I'd LOVE to go, but i am afraid funnel web spiders will know im a Canadian and launch them selves at me from the airport doors!! Those things are skurrrry!