Old 11-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #31  

Height: 5'4"

There are activity points, there's a chart by weight and how intense your exercise was and then gives you that number of points.
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:34 PM   #32  
Getting there lbs by lbs

S/C/G: 346/260/184

Height: 6

Glad the new program launched, however I'm really concerned with the "free" fruits. As my dad would say, nothing in life is free .

My concern is I'm relatively a healthy eater since I started weight watchers. Therefore, I would have my 5-7 servings of fruits and veggies which would sometimes count for 4-5 points.

Now, I'm no health expert, but if 50 cals =1 point, than that's roughly 250-350 MORE calories I'm taking in (Not including the 18 EXTRA daily points).

I'm concern I won't be losing at the rate I have been which has been roughly 3.5 -4 pounds a week. I have so far to go and even a pound or two gone from my average a week could impede on my long term progress.

Nonetheless I (at least these first two weeks) will be monitoring the foods I eat very closely and comparing the points value to the old system to see how far off they are. It's a lot of work, but hey, it's worth it. I need to lose this weight and I don't have years to do it (I'm planning for a huge event!)
tryinghardtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I'm looking forward to the new plan. I'll be weighing in a little early this week (Thursday) because I will be in Atlanta for the SEC Championship on my normal weigh-in day. The only part I'm dreading is my points sliders being obsolete. I'm always misplacing them but it's no big deal because I have 5 or so. Going from that to one calculator (unless I want to fork over $12 for additional ones) is a little disappointing. I had a moment of "man and the points on my scale will be wrong too," and then I remembered I never use that feature.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #34  

Height: 5'4"

tryingtolose - i thought that too about too much fruit! Someone did ask in the meeting "so i can eat 5 apples" and he said yes, that's within the fruit and veggie daily count. I would say, if your not hungry don't eat the fruit. I think it's an alternative where they are now focusing on lower carbs. I had a fruit salad with my ww meal (which by the way went up an average of 2 pts per dinner ) and it was very filling, whereas i would have a pita or bread of some sort that doesn't fill me up.
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #35  
A Buxom Babe

S/C/G: 230/213/155

Height: 5'6"

Everything in moderation...even fruit. The leader yesterday said....don't eat a dozen bananas and expect to lose. What they seem to be trying to get us to understand is that our bodies break down and use foods differently. Hence a banana or other piece of fruit is way healthier than a 100 calorie pack etc.

MODERATION....that's what I keep telling myself....2 bananas in one day later!!
BuxomPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmel3283 View Post
What about Activity Points? do they still exist?

How do I figure them out without a slider?
I was just going to ask the same thing because I always count and eat my AP's! I wonder if the new calculator figures those out also..
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #37  
Less of a Better Me

I think it is important to remember that your body counts calories not weight watcher points. So the body doesn't know that a piece of fruit that was 1 point last week is now 0 points.

I am a long time WW member (relapsed life member) and so I've long known all the tips and ways to get a bit more food for the same points. Yet, if that results in more calories then I fool myself and not the program.

The idea of fruit is to encourage it rather than other more unhealthy snacks. I am not a fruit fan and so rarely will spend points on it. Yet, last night I had eaten 30 points for the day -- my 29 daily and 1 weekly point and wanted just a little more to eat. In the past, that little more would never have been fruit. Last night I did eat an apple.

The reality is that very few people are overweight because of eating too many fruits and vegetables.

However, I think you have to watch what happens to weight loss. If I was losing X amount and it suddently went down with the new program and I was eating a lot of fruit then I would definitely cut back on it. Or if I really love it, eat just my daily points and the fruit and rarely eat weekly points.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 192/145/130

Height: 5'1"

I've made a big boo boo today. I decided to eat light because i'm going to weigh in when I go to the launch meeting in an hour sooo I decided to eat light which meant a slice multigrain toast and strawberry preserves with grapes for breakfast and then fruit in between. Now going on the old plan thats only likeee a few points..hmph I'm still gonna have A LOT over when I eat dinner.
PeanutM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #39  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

My meeting day is Wednesday, so I have not been to that yet under this new plan. Getting most of my information here and various other places on the web. I had read somewhere that the lowest amount of points was 29 and on the e-tools ~ when I went there this morning, it had recalculated me to 29 points. On the old plan, as you lost weight you decreased your points. So, I am not understanding how on this new plan if you are already at the lowest number of allowable points, how do you adjust when you lose so you can keep losing?
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:03 PM   #40  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

i too am super confused, i have read that many of you have only gained 1 or 2 extra points, but when etools recalculated for me, it gave me 11 more daily points! that is a lot! anyone elses points go WAY up?
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:15 PM   #41  
Yoyo Master

S/C/G: 182/175/130

Height: 5'5"

I had my meeting and weigh in today. I've logged my day on E-tools. Everything is going to be okay I believe.

My original points were at 23 (too low for me I believe) and now at the 29 minimum. But instead of worrying about it, I'll have a bit of extra fruits, use my weeklies and AP's.

This past week I've been eating 2 fruits a day to get ready, today I've had 3.

I think that is doing fine, nothing excessive.
Alright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:48 PM   #42  
Less of a Better Me

I went up from 23 to 29. My DH went up from 32 to 39. The minimum is 29 so people who were at 18 or 19 would go up a lot.

My understanding is that they determined that 29 was the minimum that someone could eat and still get adequate nutrition. I ate 30 points the last couple of days and was close to 1200 calories both days (one a little over and the other a little over). So it is hard to imagine how they could cut intake much below that and still get enough nutrition.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:09 PM   #43  

Default I am so confused

I am a long ways from my goal, 60 pounds to be exact and my new points are only 29 which is the minimum allowed, how can this be. I am an online member and it is impossible to get answers on this. How can I check if this is right?
mrcubbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:57 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 212/200/135

Default Annoyed

Is anyone as annoyed as I am that we're not being given the tool necessary to even follow the WW plus points plan? I do WW at Work and whenever our leader would talk about the new program, she said more than once, "They'll give you a calculator to figure your points." A lot of us were really confused today when she said that we were mistaken and that we had to buy the calculators. I really like the WW program, and I can certainly afford the 6 bucks, but it's the point that we're already paying for meetings to be a part of the program, but we don't even get the crucial tool for that program without paying them more money. It is the principal of the matter that bothers me most.
Maggybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 192/145/130

The calculators had to be purchased on the old plan also. It's the same as it's been
PeanutM91 is offline   Reply With Quote