Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 09:51 AM   #46  

Laurie Mae, congrats on the loss! Any loss is a good loss.
I might go tomorrow morning to get weighed, not sure.
I have a nasty cold and I do have a busy schedule and have to go out in the world to do some grocery shopping, etc. but I sure want to limit my outings so as not to give this to anyone I don't have to.
I was not a good girl at Thanksgiving, but it could have been much worse. One thing that saved me was that my sister in law brought a crab appetizer for Thanksgiving and my MIL did a crab appetizer for the night afterwards. I hate crab. I was lucky as I didn't over eat. I find it odd that the two people would plan two things with crab in then for two seperate nights. I'm the only one in the family who doesn't care for it and I guess they never think about it as they all love it? At any rate, it saved me big time points, at least.
I didn't exercise as I would have liked to as I have just been feeling so poorly with this cold, but I plan on being right back on track as best I can be.
Time to re-read my goals, drag out a journal and start writing down everything I put in my mouth.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:43 AM   #47  

I'm pulling one of my goals off the list and cutting and pasting it here, this exercise if for me to refresh my "interest" in it and reconnect with the goal. Thanksgiving kind of blew me away, plus getting sick. So, here it is:

You have a certain number of points (or calories) that are in your range for each day. You know this and you continually "forget" to write it all down and then wonder why you can't drop these extra pounds. Write it down. You look at a serving and guess that it's a proper serving size, measure it. If you are still hungry at the end of a meal, popcorn, water and fruit.

Today, I shall drag out that journa and I shall write on it!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:28 AM   #48  

I did my journal yesterday for the first time in over a week. That is a step in the right direction.
I am staying home still, feeling like typhoid Mary with my cold. I'm missing a holiday party today, which is probably a blessing in disguise due to the food that will be there.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:00 AM   #49  

Glad to be back in the world again, feeling better and ready to resume all my activities. That includes posting here and also perhaps getting back to some exercise today.
We had our first snow of the season last night, it's very pretty and I am glad to see it instead of ugly grey and brown.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:56 AM   #50  

I'm about ready to dump this thread as it would appear that I am the only one posting here and working towards the goals. I'll give it a day or two, but looks like that will be the case.
I am active on the "Supporting Each Other on Our Weight Loss Journey" thread and will be glad to chat there is someone from here is still interested.
Closed Thread