Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:38 PM   #16  

LM, good for you with the NSV! It's funny how body type comes into play. You and I are the exact same weight and height and yet I wear a size 10. Though, have to admit that the 10 pants are feeling too tight and I'd be more comfortable in a 12 right now. But, I have learned that if you buy the next size up then you get too comfortable and losing is even more difficult. Would rather keep working hard and drop a few pounds so the 10s feel right on me again. When I change into my nightgown at the end of the day, I breath a huge sigh of relief.
Reminding myself of the tight pants is a good reason for me to get on the treadmill!
I didn't eat all the snacks at my guild meeting this morning. I brought a few almonds and some raisins. I was able to stay in control.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #17  
fat burner

S/C/G: 178/159.8/135

Height: 5'2

That sure is strange. It's funny though, when I lost lots of weight about 7 years ago (down to 110 about) I was wearing a size 8ish. Right now i'm in a 12 and I weigh some 50lbs more. We shall see. I'm not really going to gauge myself on clothing sizes cause if I do i'll get way too discouraged!

Life's been pretty busy these days. Gettin organized, re-arranging work etc etc is not an easy task.

I've been pretty much on plan the last couple of days. Today so far I had a 4pt breakfast, 1 pt morning snack and a 6 pt lunch. My mom is actually making homemade chicken soup for me right now Once it's done i'll probably have a bowl for dinner!

Have a great day!!!!

Last edited by LaurieMae; 11-09-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:36 AM   #18  

Today will be an easy day to stay on program, I think. I'm going to look up Weight Watcher meetings and see if there is one I can go to as well.
I plan on getting on the treadmill, grocery shopping and when I shop I hope to buy some healthier choices.
Eating plan for today:

Breakfast: 3/4 cup egg white omelette with one cut up laughing cow lite cheese and sauteed onion and pepper.
pink grapefruit sections

snack: 94% FF popcorn

Lunch: Salad, vegetable soup, cheese, some kind of bread

snack: maybe a small serving of cottage cheese or some yogurt, but only 1 or 2 points

Dinner: a conflict. My daughter wants to cook a high point recipe for dinner and I am going to talk her out of it or not have any of it. I need to take a stand. We'll talk. I hope to have a lower point dinner than what she wants to do.

Dessert: WW frozen dessert, 3 points
Old 11-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #19  

So, 312 people have read this thread and hardly anyone else has posted! Why not chat and give us some feedback?

Here is an exercise that I am going to do....

I will take a 3 x 5" index card and on that card I will write the reasons WHY I want to lose weight. I will place that card in my purse. Whenever I get tempted to have something to eat that is not good for me and will not help me realize my goals, I will take that card out and re-read it!

Reasons I want to lose weight:
1. To look younger
2. To have my clothes that I have "outgrown" fit me again
3. To have clothes that I am currently wearing fit me again
4. To avoid health issues like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease
5. To feel energetic and positive

What are your reasons? Care to share them?

What have you done today to help you reach those goals?
Old 11-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #20  
fat burner

Goodmorning!

Well i'll start off by saying that I was really disappointed yesterday morning when I weighed in and i'd lost nothing! This is the first time this has happened to me so I was really upset with myself. I gave the situation some thought yesterday and figured out that although i'd been on plan, I wasn't as strict with myself about measuring and portions. So, today, I started a new menu log on my blog where I'm going to plan plan plan ALL my days for the next month. Hopefully, I'll be able to stay on track! I'm usually very good at following my plan but I need a plan to follow ya know? So I'm going to force myself to make menu plans each morning so I have no wiggle room!

As for the 300 or so views, where is everyone? Like Derrydaughter mentioned, join in, post, read, share! We're all on the same journey lets share it with each other!
Old 11-11-2009, 07:24 AM   #21  

Laurie Mae, as a veteran long term WW lifetime member I can say with great assurance that there are times when you are doing the program and you plateau. The first few weeks, or "honeymood stage" the weight comes off easy and then when the going gets tough, that is where you need to keep on and realized that you are now adjusting to a new diet and exercise program. It will happen if you stick with it, but you need to keep up your motivation and it does get really difficult at this stage. I am here to cheer you on!
You have to work through those times and not get caught up in the scale quite as much. Think about that NSV you reported two days ago, a clothing size issue is certainly worth celebration. A non-food celebration, of course!
I have often wondered about weight loss as we do not truly know WHEN the weight we lose correlates to the food we eat. So, a loss you had last week might have been the result of what you ate two weeks prior, or was it two days prior? Some weight gains and losses are fluid and sodium and PMS related, but others are truly the result of good eating and they are not as immediate. Women must look at time of the month and accept that at least one week of the month, it is very possible to gain even if you are trying so hard. It will come off in the end!
I have a minor victory this morning, but I have to say that it's a temporary thing. I wanted to get to a WW meeting yesterday at 4:30 and my errands and grocery shopping trip just took way too much time and I didn't make it. So, there is a meeting at 10:00 today that I will go to, or one later on this afternoon.
I got on my scale here at home and weighed in at 162.2 this morning, down .8 from my 163 that was on my tracker. BUT, I have not been to a WW meeting for about 6 or 8 weeks and my scale is always different from their scales, usually they are about 3 pounds higher than my scale. So, I might have to post a gain. Last time I weighed in with them, I was 166. Oh well, I know I am down from where I was but if my tracker goes up instead of down later on, I will take it in and think. My scale and theirs are different and that is OK. The fact that I plan to go back to meetings is more important than that number.
So, my NSV is that I am motivated and I am working on this again.

So, now the number of "reads" on this thread is 379. Where are you people? I find it very interesting that people are reading, but not participating. I, at least, hope that you are being inspired. Would love to hear from you.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:10 AM   #22  

I just got home from my WW meeting. Whew. At least my tracker doesn't have to move up.
I weighed in last on 9/22/09 and was 166. I weighed in today at 163.4.
That is a loss of 2.6 pounds in 1 1/2 months.
I can do better than that, but I am not complaining. I have to admit that I really blew it off for a period of time. I had gone to that meeting and my desire at that time was to get back to WW and work at it. I dabbled for a week or so and blew it off. I really haven't been trying all along, it's really been only since last week that I have truly given it my best effort. But, my best is not good enough.
I watched The Biggest Loser last night. I wish they would stop so much of the music and the drama and show us what those people are eating. We see them exercising like mad with the trainers and yet (I have only watched this show a few times, so maybe there have been food episodes?) I didn't see them learning how to cook for themselves or portion control - for life. Does that happen?
I felt so bad, as the few episodes I watched last year, I was really attached to the young man named Dan who they brought back this year again. He went home last night and I was really sad. He has made remarkable strides. He is a cute kid and he should be kept on that show no matter what, I hate when they send people home for not losing as much as others (percent) as all those people deserve to be there. I would rather see a show where they all stay through the season but rewards are given when they lose more than others. The biggest loser in the end could still win the big prize, but I want them all to keep having that chance.

Question for the day: Do you think it's more satisfying to have half a sandwich made with really good bread instead of a whole sandwich made with two slices of lite bread?
Old 11-12-2009, 06:20 AM   #23  

I had a good day yesterday, but didn't end up writing everything down. I started, but as the day went on I forgot. I am going to add it all this morning and try to get on track and write for today.
I wish there were more people here contributing and trying. It truly helps and inspires.
In the meantime, I re-read my 10 goals again yesterday. They are posted on my bathroom mirror. It was good to re-affirm what I wrote and recognize how important those 10 goals are.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:37 AM   #24  
fat burner

Hello DD!

I see i'm not the only early riser around here. I was up at 5:00 am today and now it's a few minutes past 6:20

Yesterday was a good day for me also. Actually the last two days were both very good. I'm sticking to making meny plans for the entire day in the morning and so far I haven't had a blip or cheat yet. It only takes a few minutes but it makes the rest of my day really easy and predictable just how I like it!

I also have a small victory to report. After not losing anything at Weigh In on Tuesday I'm down to 162 this morning. I'm thrilled about the loss but really STOKED about being out of the obese category. My BMI is now, FINALLY, under 30 and I couldn't be happier!

Today, i'm off to the funeral. I should be there all day actually and I took that into consideration when making my meal plan. I was realistic about the spread of food they'll have and calculated accordingly. If you wanna see what i'm eating it's all posted up in my blog.

Apart from that, nothing else is new. I went to bed early last night and didn't sleep very well yet I was up at 5am regardless.

Have a great day DD and stay true to your goals!!
Old 11-15-2009, 08:44 AM   #25  

I couldn't log on here for two days and was getting really bummed out. Glad to be back.
I have two NSVs to report.
One: We went out to a local diner type of place for dinner last night. Breakfast is served all day. I was confronted with a wonderful menu and all the choices were so tempting. We love eating there at this place. I gulped hard and ordered an egg white omelette with fresh spinach and tomato and feta cheese. I had the fruit as my side order instead of home fries. They have sprout bread as a choice and I had it. I found out, after asking that it is Ezekiel bread. I was totally on program for once on a weekend day. This is HUGE for me.
Also, we walked the entire mall upstairs and down and we bought a Nintendo wii a few weeks ago and I could have cared less, but yesterday we bought the wii fit package. Instead of sitting on our butts watching TV after dinner, DH and I took turns snowboarding and doing all sorts of wii fit things. I'm a bit sore today, but it's a good thing.
I'm proud of myself!
I'm going to post on the wii fit thread about this. I might feel more comfortable talking about it all if I now own one.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #26  
fat burner

phew! I'm glad i'm not the only one who couldn't access the site! I was getting a little nervous when I couldn't login!

In anycase, I've been on plan all weekend. I was able to resist many different types of treats both at the funeral and other social events all weekend!

How do you like the Wii DD?

Old 11-17-2009, 07:44 AM   #27  

LM, I do like the Wii fit so far, though the yoga stuff (yawn) seemed a bit boring. I have yet to do all the things that are available. Some seem like they will be a bit too hard. But, I will try each thing in my own time.
I really enjoy the ski slalom thing.
I am on line but a few moments this morning as I have my WW meeting at 9:30 and have to get rolling. I hope for a loss, but even if no loss, I know I'm trying again and that is a good thing.
I am looking towards Thanksgiving and wondering how I'll face all that food? I will do some walking and do my best. One thing I have always done is to not carry this woe is me and I can't have this and that through a day such as Thanksgiving. I take that day off, but do try to step up activity. It's not Thanksgiving week, it is Thanksgiving DAY!
Old 11-18-2009, 06:35 AM   #28  

451 readings of this thread and still only two people actively posting. I'm sad about that. Why not talk and list your goals and join in?
At any rate, I weighed in at 162.6 yesterday, a loss of .8 and I am glad I went to the meeting.
We did the usual paper plate thing where we wrote down what we would eat and how many points. It was rather sobering and it made me think about increasing my activity between now and Thanksgiving and also over that weekend. We are going to my in-laws, out of state, and I really will not be able to control what is served to me. What I can control is how much of it that I can take in. I can be the one who suggests a walk as well.
My meal, if I have everything I plan on, will be 31 points. That includes two glasses of wine or two beers. That includes a piece of pecan pie and whipped cream as well. If I switch to apple pie, I can shave 3 extra points off that, but then I would want ice cream on it and there those three points will come right back. So, I should just have what I want.
I didn't calculate in any appetizers either as my sister in law is bringing those and I have no idea what she will be bringing. But, one thing I will do is bring some knitting and sit away from the coffee table with a big glass of ice water. That might help?
What are your plans to cope with the food?
Also, I have done the wii fit for four days straight, as of yesterday and plan to do it again this morning. It's helping me stay a bit more motivated, I think?
Old 11-18-2009, 06:40 AM   #29  

To all who read this....
What have you done this week to walk to the talk? Or, is it just talk?
Old 11-18-2009, 11:22 AM   #30  
ASHABROAD

S/C/G: 222.7/212.5/140

Hello, Must admit I have been peeping in here, but wasn't sure I could actually come up with 10 goals. As I read all of your posts, I realized I need to be a part of something like this due to holidays and the fact we have a move coming up.

1. Get back to drinking water only. I have let diet soda creep back in and I know I need to stop.
2. Track every day and write my thoughts about the day.
3. Keep up working out as a family.
4. Stop freaking out about how much weight I have to lose. I didn't gain it all in a couple of months, so it will take time to get it off.
5. Eat more veggies..I am bad about this one.
6. Daily meal planning for myself so I stay OP. I am terrible about this one too.
7. Take my son out every afternoon, since we can put on hats, jackets, and gloves..he has so much energy it's no fair for us to just stay inside during the day.
8. Six meals a day, you do better and you know it when you stick to this rule since you know how your blood sugar gets when you don't.
9. Remember you are doing this for you and stop comparing yourself to other people or wondering what they think of you. You're taking the steps to change and that's what counts.
10. Figure out what to reward myself with every 10 lbs. I lose besides food.

I am printing this off after I am done here and tacking it to my fridge..
Thanks Ladies for being an insparation,
Ash
Closed Thread