Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #31  
fat burner

S/C/G: 178/159.8/135

Height: 5'2

Hello Ladies!

Pheww life has been super busy!!! I have a couple of minutes and thought i'd give everyone a little update.

So, yesterday I weighed in at 161.7. This is my lowest weight in probably 5 years. I was super thrielld but that wore off pretty quickly and I got pretty bumed that i'm still in the 160's. Ash, your post kinda alleviated some of my anxieties about this. Like you mentioned it's important that we stop freaking out about how much we have to lose and how slowly it's coming off. Just make the best of it and enjoy this journey.

My eating has been good. Today, I felt like eating cereal so I had a bowl of cornflakes for lunch. Sometimes I get these odd cravings for things and now I allow myself to accomodate it so I don't end up binging on it later.

Have a great day everyone, stay true to your goals!
Old 11-18-2009, 02:21 PM   #32  
ASHABROAD

S/C/G: 222.7/212.5/140

LaurieMae - Yeah, I am a daydreamer and I lost weight before with WW and know how good and I looked and felt, so it's easy for me to go into that, just wait until I lose all of the weight mode. Not to be preach-y either, but something else you may want to think about is, when you have less to lose and you do compared to me - it can take longer. But I personally thing you're doing great..as I say, one day at a time.

Me and my husband made it to the gym again for Day 3 of our family 1 week challenge. It is so nice that we easily slide into it. And even more nice our gym has a family room so we can watch over our son while we workout. Makes not have a babysitter excuse fade away really quick..and the cutest thing is watching my 2 year old run his one lap around the track..he loves it..
Old 11-18-2009, 03:32 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

Laurie so sorry to hear about your grandmother Hugs!

Derry thanks for starting this thread!

I havent been online much but just came in to re-read my goals. Im still chugging along and keep getting de-railed here and there but this isnt a sprint. It took years of bad eating choices to get me here now Im wanting to make lasting changes.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #34  

Smile

Great to have a few more posts! We can do this. I copy, cut and pasted my goals here and I'm going to address each one and talk about what I have done. Forgive this for being too long!

1. Walk, either on the treadmill or at the mall or in a neighborhood, I can do this. I will walk at least 3 - 4 times a week. I will make time for it.
I have been on the treadmill a few times, but since creating this goal have gotten the wii fit and I have used it each day and enjoyed it so much more than the treadmill. My husband and I also went to the mall over the weekend and walked the entire mall, upstairs and down and also went to a flea market and walked the entire thing.

2. I will not pass through the kitchen and grab cookies, cookies are not for me. They are for the other people in this house. Pretzels are permissible about every 3 or 4 days only. I will make and keep air popped popcorn in zip lock bags for myself, so the "oh, I need it now and I'm in a hurry" thing won't happen.

Doing better with this. I'm really aware. Having to write down everything helps control that out of control snacking.

3. Meal planning, If I make a plan I generally stick with it, but the plan needs to be made each day. So, today is day one and I will have a written plan in place for the entire day.

I have done better with this as well, but not 100% perfect. Like, over the weekend I forgot to defrost the chicken I was going to cook and we ended up eating out. But, I handled it much better.

4. Do not allow other family members to get in the way of my success. This is where I am very bad and their insistence at ordering out for pizza and picking up Chinese food are just not right for me. There are healthier choices at these places for me, but I give in to be "part of the party". Good luck to them if they want to be eating like that, but I have to do better.

We ate out twice over the weekend, but I did so much better. For example, we went to Pizzeria Uno and I looked up on Dottie's Weight Loss Zone the points for certain foods. I had an 11 point meal there, a 2 point vegetable soup, a 7 point house salad with grilled chicken and 2 points for olive oil and none for the vinegar. It went well and I felt satisfied.

5. Forgiveness. There will be Thanksgiving and a few holiday celebrations with all kinds of food. I know this and I forgive myself for those special occasions, but every day is not a special occasion. Get that? Every day is NOT a special occasion. There may be three or four "special occasions" in the next 7 weeks, not one every day.

I have to forgive myself for yesterday. I went to a meeting and there was homemade pecan pie with cool whip. I had some. I lived through it. I journaled it and I counted the flex points. I'm heading to Boston tomorrow on a college tour with my daughter and we'll be eating lunch out. That is going to be hard as I have no idea where we will eat, but I will do my best to stay in control.

6. Experiment, you have been reading a great deal about raw foods and vegans and pretending you are doing certain things, but you have not changed your diet a single bit. You just read. You don't have to convert to an entirely new thing, but you can try a few things and improve your over-all diet and get as far away from processed foods as you can. Tinkerbell is not going to come in and wave her magic wand at you and suddenly a spa chef will show up and make it happen, you have to make it happen.

I had my first raw food meal for lunch this week. Shaved zucchini with a raw tomato sauce made with fresh tomatoes, olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, basil, oregano, and fresh red pepper. It was good. I was hungry an hour later though, so I had 94% FF popcorn as a filler with water. I did OK. Also, used the leftover sauce on top of big portabella mushrooms and baked them with some fresh mozzarella, they were great.
7. You have a certain number of points (or calories) that are in your range for each day. You know this and you continually "forget" to write it all down and then wonder why you can't drop these extra pounds. Write it down. You look at a serving and guess that it's a proper serving size, measure it. If you are still hungry at the end of a meal, popcorn, water and fruit.

I have done this! I have written everything down since I started this Christmas challenge. I ended the week, yesterday, with 11 flex points unused. That was a good feeling going into Thanksgiving week. However, this week is already different and I need to be careful.

8. Get back to a few WW meetings. Going to those meetings does truly help inspire. But, you know you are very very busy and the approaching holiday season is going to get out of control. Forgiveness for not going is important, but that doesn't give you permission to get out of control.

check! Have been to two meetings since this challenge started. I feel better about myself and did have losses.

9. Read your "lite" and WW cookbooks, try those recipes for fun and see what happens. Goal is to try at least one new recipe per week. If you are busy, try a crock pot recipe.

Made a few recipes that were "lite" including a chicken, pasta, garlic, broccoli thing that was pretty good. I'm doing much better here and it's helping with boredom.

10. Read these goals over at least once every two or three days and remind yourself of what you need to do.

I'm doing that too, they are on my mirror in the bathroom. I am even re-listing them and addressing them here for all to see.

I feel good about this! I think it's a great thing to list what you said you are going to do and address it.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #35  
ASHABROAD

Good on ya!
Old 11-19-2009, 09:40 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 168/161/145

Height: 5'9"

HELLO!!! After a 6 month hiatus from this website, I am back. I have been looking for something JUST LIKE THIS! I borrowed a lot from all of your "10 goals" - but mine truly are almost the same. Here goes!!

1. Attend WW meetings every week (only excuse is week of thanksgiving and week of Xmas b/c I’m out of town)
2. Workout at least 4 times a week. NO EXCUSES. Push for 5 or 6.
3. No BLTs – bites, licks, or tastes – unless I write it!
4. TRACK EVERYTHING – EVERYTHING!
5. Stick to my points
6. Say NO. I always overextend myself during the Holidays. This time, I will say NO. go home early. Stop drinking early. Say NO to that last drink.
7. STOP NIGHT EATING – kitchen is closed at 8pm.
8. Sleep. Minimum 7 hours a night – shoot for 8+.
9. Don’t succumb to family/friend/party “food-peer-pressure” – only I know my own stomach, energy, etc. I choose what I eat, drink, how much I workout…
10. Post these goals on my mirror – read every day.

THANKS for posting this!!!
Old 11-20-2009, 07:31 AM   #37  

Hey skinnychica! Good to hear from you again and I like your goals. Simple and to the point. Mine are a bit too wordy, but that's how I am. Catty gal, I should change my derrydaughter name to that, but Derry is my maiden name and it's a tribute to my parents, who passed away, to keep that name. : )

Good for you to state those clear goals and go for it! Keep checking in here to let us know how you are doing.

I was on a downward trend after my pecan pie fiasco earlier this week and had a few more flex points than I should have yesterday as well, but I did OK. I have been on the wii fit each day and that is helping me, I think.
I did the step aerobics thing twice yesterday and I feel feel that is burning weight off. The scale isn't moving, but my pants seem to be fitting better.

Let's all talk about the weekend. Weekends can be my downfall. Plus any kind of eating away from home can be an issue for me. My daughter and I are going on a college tour today and we'll be sampling food at their cafeteria. I hope there are healthy choices, not only for my benefit today, but also for her if she chooses to go to school there.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:32 PM   #38  
ASHABROAD

I hear ya, weekends can be brutal for me as well. We'll see on Monday!
Old 11-21-2009, 07:04 AM   #39  

Yesterday was not a good day for me at all as far as food goes.
Sometimes all it takes is one thing and then it throws me off track and I lose control. I have often considered myself just like an alcoholic who takes that first drink. I wake up in the gutter a few days later with great regret.
So, today is a new day, a chance to start over and be firm in my decisions.
Today is a good day to exercise and move forward and not look behind.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:39 AM   #40  

Well, it's Monday and time to get to work. I did better on Saturday and Sunday and made it an alcohol free weekend. I missed having my usual wine or beer (reserved for weekends usually) but I had water and diet caffeine free soda instead. We also didn't eat out on Saturday and Sunday evenings as we customarily do, that was a good savings for us in terms of calories and also in terms of money. Eating out Friday, two times, did me in though. I took note the my scale went up and the wii fit told me I was up 1.5 pounds. But, I was extra special good yesterday and I did extra aerobics on the wii fit that will help me work that off. Tomorrow is my meeting and we shall if I I have been able to counter-act one bad day.
There will be busy days in my life, but I have to learn to make better choices on those days. I find it easy to get thrown off when days like that happen.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #41  
ASHABROAD

I won't ask why, but I did terrible Saturday & Sunday, but I guess this once the gym workouts saved me. We went Monday-Friday nights. But I lost 1.8 lbs..so I lost my first 10 lbs *10.2 lbs - and now I am planning how to get through Thanksgiving..two of my ideas - Having my water on hand and gum in case I catch myself falling..
Old 11-23-2009, 07:30 PM   #42  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Ash congratulations on your weight loss.
Water and gum are a good idea.
I have to set realistic goals....
Good night all
Have an awesome day.
Ann
Old 11-24-2009, 03:13 AM   #43  
ASHABROAD

I seem to do well with gum, we'll just have to see. But I do plan on having what I like. Saving the flex points! : )
Old 11-24-2009, 07:32 AM   #44  

Ash, great job on the loss. Ann, if 10 goals are too difficult, just go for 5!
Yesterday was busy, busy and stressed. I kind of fell apart in the afternoon with snacking and my goal of having popcorn all made up and ready for those times fell by the wayside. I have to do better with that.
It's so easy to make it and put it in ziplock bags for those times when you arrive home, starving and there is easily an hour or more before dinnertime. I can't eat the wrong things and not journal them and expect to be successful.
I didn't have time to do the Wii fit yesterday either.
These pre-holiday days are crazy and I need help strategizing!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:46 AM   #45  
fat burner

S/C/G: 178/159.8/135

Height: 5'2

Goodmorning Everyone!!

I have no disappeared just been super busy with work and family stuff. Today was my WI and i'm down -0.3. It's not much but it's still a loss so i'll take it.

I just finished breakfast and am about to head out for the day. Just wanted to pop in and Say hello to everyone! So hello and have a great day.

I'll have some free time this afternoon so i'll make sure to get on and post more! Have a great day everyone!!!!
Closed Thread