Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #91  

You guys are making me want to try a pedometer again. I'd have to buy one someplace where they could show me, the technophobe, how to work it. I can't even operate the surround sound DVD system we own, and we've had it over two years! I need simplicity, maybe that is why CORE works for me?
When I have a list of foods that are OK and a list that is not OK, I can work with that. The Flex plan's attraction of allowing me to eat "whatever I want" and just count the points makes me not eat well, even if there are "guidelines" for me to have a certain amount of veggies or whatever a day, I was choosing WW chocolate 1 point cakes and things like that, passing up the quality food. I love 'junk", it's what got me like this in the first place!
Linda
Old 02-09-2007, 12:14 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Try the WW one. It's pretty darn easy. (Psst, I can't even play my DVD player with my LCD tv without help from my kids)
Old 02-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #93  
Future Belly Dancer

S/C/G: 234

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone,

I joined WW yesterday. Can I hop in on this thread?

Ally
Old 02-09-2007, 03:52 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 201/172/128

Height: 5 feet 0 inches

Smile

Hi Ally great to have you with us.

Well, I took my own advice and got back on track with Breakfast/lunch/dinner. I'm telling you when you skip meals you get hungry and will just start snacking.

I saw how awful the weather was in upstate NY. We are walking around here in shorts today because all of a sudden it got warm. I'm praying for all of you.

congratulations on the weight loss Laura, Good luck to you Ann on yours.

Noelle I hope you are up and about real soon.

Good Luck to everyone with finding, getting and using there meter!

Well I need to get back to cleaning. I have some missionary friends coming in this weekend and I want them to have clean place to sleep.

Kiwi
Old 02-09-2007, 06:07 PM   #95  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone.

Welcome Ally,

Linda I was just worried with all I have been asking I may have worn you out. You just offer so much to this thread so I think I may have missed you posting. I know that somedays I just want to read. Thanks for sharing all the great info on core. It was great.

Laura, I can't believe you can do that without your kids help. I always phone my older son and get his help....ha ha

I felt so motivated today as I realize I always have a hard time with February and how it gets cold and you feel unmotivated. I figured I will look forward to spring instead and think about warm weather. Okay I can't promise I will be like this everyday.

Erica Yeah for two gallons of water...Florida in March would be awesome. Where do you go Florida?

Hi Kiwi, send your warm weather our way.and way to go getting refocused with Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

Kim, hello and I hope swimming is going well.

Hello Barb, I am glad the kids are back at school.

I was down 4 pounds at weigh in.

Have a great night and thanks for all your support and encouragement ladies.
Take Care
Ann

Last edited by Newlifestyle; 02-09-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:24 PM   #96  

Welcome to Ally!
Also, Noelle, hope you are OK.
After all my spouting off that I was doing "so well" on CORE, I had cookie dough today. my weakness. I'm doing coffee hour at church on Sunday and needed to bake, but it shouldn't have been for me.
I hope to do better.
It's hard for all of us.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:27 PM   #97  
newlifestyle

Hugs to you Linda. Is cookie dough that high in points? The great thing about life is we do better some days than others and we are all human living our lives the best we can. Sometimes we end up harder on ourselves than we would be on others. I know some days I do great and other days not so great. I think I am finally learning to get rid of guilt about food. Maybe not but it feels like I am. I just think prior to this lifestyle I would have eaten way more than the slip ups I do have now. Have a great night.

Last edited by Newlifestyle; 02-09-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:57 PM   #98  
barb

Height: 5'7

Ann 4 pds that is great..... What are you doing?? flex or core???/

I met today with my instructor in class. We chatted and gave me some advice on losing weight and exercise. What a motivator. She said the 3 days I am doing her class is enough cardio for a week. She said anymore I may get burned out. She also said the weight lifting class I am taking needs to be met with some additional weight lifting after one of her classes and I should be set. She wants to help motivate me cuz she has some baby weight she wants to drop.... So basically we are in it together. She is great and now I know I can bounce issues off of her. I also have a thyroid issue which has slowed my weight loss down to a crawl. In the past thias has discouraged me so much That I have quit ww . Not this time, or so I hope .I have a special doc.I just started seeing and hopefully we will be on top of things. Do any of you have thyroid issues?????

Hope you all are staying warm and mostly on plan. Have a great night
Old 02-10-2007, 12:47 AM   #99  
newlifestyle

Hi all,

Barb I am doing flex. I was sick this week, that is why I think lost 4 pounds. That is great that your instructor is so helpful. Good luck with your thyroid.

I just couldn't sleep so I thought I would see if there was anything interesting on 3fc's. I saw on the weather it is going to stay cold around here for at least ten more days. I hope they are wrong we want warm weather....
Have a great night or should I say day?
Old 02-10-2007, 07:18 AM   #100  

Ann, congrats on your loss just the same. Though, I have found that the losses that come during sickness sometimes come back on afterwards very quickly. I wonder why that is? In a stomach flu, I think it's very logical.
By the way, when I am sick (a cold type virus) I find that I get extra hungry and don't generally lose weight. I kind of stop all efforts at weight loss when I am sick, as well, as I feel that my body needs nourishment to heal properly. It's not like I have allowed that to give me permission to eat whatever I want, either, it's just the certain foods seem like the right choice. I don't have toast anymore (I could if I wanted to count points, of course) I have whole grain cereals or eggs in the mornings, but for some reason if I were sick I would just WANT toast.
This morning, my darling husband is taking me shopping at the lighting store. I get to select new light fixtures for my kitchen today. We're trying to do some relatively inexpensive things that will modernize our house a bit to get it ready to sell in little over a year when my youngest graduates from high school. We just did a new kitchen floor right around the holidays and will probably do a new counter and new draw pulls (can't afford cabinets, but the hardware will update). It's kind of fun to think about it all.
I hope to have time for the treadmill before I shower and get rolling on my day. Watching DVDs while I walk really makes the time go quickly, I'm watching Amadeus now, the story of Mozart. I usually don't watch movies unless I am on the treadmill now and I'm kind of "in to" the movie and want to see the end, so it's a great instigator for me to walk. I have the closed caption on so I can keep up with what it going on when the treadmill makes noise. It's really a nice thing to keep me moving.
I do think that I shall visit our library this week (free!!!!) and pick up a few DVDs to watch that are "fresh".
Oh yes, one more thing to talk about. CORE lunches... I'm going to post a few core lunch ideas here. But, it's the one meal that I find less exciting and if any of you have ideas, I'm ready to read them!
I'd love to be able to develop a recipe for a CORE bread of some kind.
Ideas:
Progresso Lentil Soup, or any canned soup that is not a cream base.
My own homemade soups (core, of course)
FF cottage cheese
50% FF cheddar (I count points and love this on salads)
salads
Boca Burger (veggie with portabella mushrooms) on a lite roll
chicken burger patty, turkey burger patty, lean 93% ff hamburger patty
boneless chicken breast
leftovers from CORE suppers
If I have salads, I put a variety of meats, cheeses and legumes on them to keep me happy with some "substance".

However, lunches are usually when I end up using some of my 35 flex points. Those 35 points are very dear to me and I do not want to waste them on lunches, quite honestly, or any meals during the week if I can help it. I do have margarine (made with canola oil and no trans fats) at dinnertime on potato, rice or pasta and count those points. But, my personal way of being a bit successful on CORE is to save up as many of my flex points for the weekends and then if I eat out once or twice, I don't have to worry as much.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #101  
newlifestyle

Good Morning everyone and have a great Saturday. I hope you all think warm thoughts and remember spring will be here soon.

Linda that is so much fun doing stuff around the house. I find little things sometimes make it look like a brand new place. I like when those upgrades don't cost a lot but make it look way better. We still have to tile the backsplash in our kitchen. I think we should go look at tiles today.
I hope to learn to eat without writing everything down. I know when I don't write things down I have not been successful, but having said that it is still better than my old ways.
Thanks for posting those great ideas for core lunches. It doesn't seem as difficult as I had previously thought.

Have a great day everyone and enjoy.
Ann
Old 02-10-2007, 12:30 PM   #102  

Good afternoon. So far so good with Core. I realize that I'm going to have to be using some of my points for some of the yummy WW recipes that I have. Would I just count the points for the items that are not on the core list or count the points for the whole serving of the recipe? I've got some Haddock in the oven with lemon for lunch. I think I'll stick a bag of Steamfresh veggies in the microwave and have a microwaved potatoe w/ff sour cream. I think that will serve me well for a hearty lunch. Dinner involves some type of boneless chicken breast but I haven't decided how I'm cooking it yet. Maybe just on the George Foreman with some type of Mrs. Dash seasoning.

Snow off and on here today in Michigan. A tad bit warmer but nothing to report that we've broke the arctic chill yet.

Stay warm if you are in the north and have a great OP day!
Old 02-10-2007, 12:57 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,
Well I got TOM yesterday, which helped to explain why I've been feeling like a bottomless pit the last three days. Yes, I really indulged on real chocolate last night, and boy was it good. I felt that it was well deserved. Back on track to today though, and that feels really good too. Dh and I are going skiing tomorrow for the first time in years, that oughta be interesting.

Linda-you're really inticing me with this whole CORE thing, keep writing....
Old 02-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #104  

Core is easier than I thought. But having one helping of rice/potato/pasta a day could be a bit tougher than I thought. It's amazing how much you stick those items with a meal.

For lunch I had the rest of the baked fish (I basted it with lemon juice and pepper), a baked potato rubbed with my healthy olive oil My leader gave us that suggestion and I love using my oils that way and a big serving of asparagus. I'm amazingly full. Right now on the stove I have a WW white chicken chili recipe from the last time I was on WW. I'll give it to you guys as it is easy, easy, easy and very yummy.

WHITE CHICKEN CHILI - 3 pts w/o cheese or FF sour cream for Flex Plan
Core w/o the cheese
6 servings = 1 1/2 c per serving

2 cans northern beans or cannelli beans
1 can white chicken breast
a small can of diced green chili peppers or I throw in 2 diced jalapeno peppers
lf chicken broth

For a variation, I throw in a can of diced tomatoes w/garlicl and onions

You can top it with lf monteray jack for the points if you are on core or leave it off if you wish.

It's also very good with a dab of ff sour cream on top when served.

Yummy and filling and totally core if you don't use the cheese

Last edited by Rosegarden; 02-11-2007 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:50 PM   #105  

Oh yeah, I wanted to add that yesterday with veggie totally around the house and not doing much household duties, I didn't even get 1000 steps in - YIKES!!!! So what does that tell you about activity points? I wanted to honestly get some basic days in for steps and I guess I am huh?
Closed Thread