Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 07:55 PM   #106  

Talking I'm new!

Hi! I'm new to this, and am not quite sure how to post or reply...any help would be appreciated. I've been a WW'er in the past, but recently joined again three weeks ago. This time I'm hoping to do what all of us hope to do...make life changes with eating issues. Anyway, I read about this website in the lastest Oprah magazine and thought I'd check it out. Take care, have a great week!
Old 02-11-2007, 09:50 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Liveitdoit - welcome!!! Just stop by whenever you'd like. Someone always has the answer and great support!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 06:32 AM   #108  

Hi all..stopping by quick since today is a "school day" for me. I had such a great weekend! Dh and I went to that hotel I was telling you about; it was beautiful. We had such a great time. Friday night we went to a Valentine's dinner murder mystery; it was SO good, and I won! You had to cast your ballot at the end of who you thought did it and your reason why. There were about 100 people there, so I was a little surprised that they picked mine. I got this silly little trophy! I didn't even kid myself that I was going to be on WW Friday or Sat, but I also didn't totally blow it.

I started on Core yesterday, and did really well. I have the "Complete Guide" book, and I went through the shopping list. I don't think the changes are going to be that difficult. It's just going to be cutting out the junk that I've been allowing myself on Flex because I've been counting the points. Yesterday I didn't even think about it...it wasn't on the list, so I didn't eat it. I think it's a good time of the year to start, too...it's soup weather, and there are a lot of soups that are core, so I stocked up on them. I think I'm going to do ok.

I will probably check back with you all this afternoon after I get back from class. Boring classes today, too...!
Old 02-12-2007, 08:38 AM   #109  

A quick "fly by" for me here.... my computer has been down. I just got off the phone with an HP technician and I'm operational again. I lost lots of time and have to get rolling on other things, but I'm on line and this thing is working! We just purchased this computer on 12/3 and I got really scared that I had lost my hard drive, but I didn't!!!!
I kind of lost track of my eating all through the weekend, but I think I might have done OK.
I'm worried about something this afternoon, though. I have an appointment to donate blood. I will be eating a bit extra today and having a few cookies or something like that afterwards. I truly don't have a choice in the matter as you must eat to replenish the blood and make sure you are healthy.
BUT, donating blood is important to me. My dad had many transfusions during his long battle with cancer. I really do feel that it prolonged his life and kept him with us longer than he would have been without them.
Linda
Old 02-12-2007, 02:33 PM   #110  

Hi can't stop. Had a rubbish weekend, ate like a pig. Back on track today tho, took AJ to McD's and managed just a diet coke for me! Result!

Back soon!
Oh, welcome Liveitdoit!
Old 02-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #111  
barb

Height: 5'7

welcome liveitdoit..... How is everyone else doing. Paige sounds like a great weekend..

I am fine preparing for ANOTHER snow storm Crazy.... Went to whole foods today. Pick up some bacon that is real Bacon and it is 1pt for 3 pieces. Yep you heard that right. I must say it was good. It is already cooked.You just zap it and enjoy. I will tell you the name later.

big wi tom. I will let you know how it goes ...... barb
Old 02-13-2007, 07:06 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Good Morning,
Well, I'm finally feeling back to normal after TOM. What an absolute drag that is, to watch the scales go up, my eating habits/cravings be so wild and out of control. We're suppose to be getting maybe 1-2 ft. of snow tonight/tomorrow, as I'm sure everyone else is going to be hit by this storm as well. I have my WI tonight. I don't expect a loss, but I'm just feeling good that I survived the last 5 days or so with TOM.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:22 AM   #113  

Good morning everyone.
What? A bacon that is 1 point for 3 pieces? I'd double check the packaging and serving size. I've always found bacon to be a point per slice/piece. I have it very rarely (maybe 3 or 4 times a year) as I know it's not healthy and also I'm not wanting to risk the points for it. Gosh, I could have so much more for just one point that would fill me up or be more satisfying.
Dawny, great job at MacDonald's. I have a hard time resisting in places like that.
Welcome to Livitdoit, how's things?
Paige, I think you will finally "see the light" with the core plan. When I suggested it to you, I saw myself in how things were going for you, I truly did. I hope you are feeling good and keep us posted on how it's working and what you are eating.
Erica, one thing about getting "old" (actually I'd give anything for TOM to be back visiting again for obvious reasons) is that TOM no longer comes "to visit", but then there are other horrors to deal with. We women always seem to have some wonderful body function to be dealing with, don't we? I'll trade my sluggish metabolism, hot flashes and other lovely things for your TOM any day. Look into taking some herbal supplements, there are a few like Evening Primrose Oil that are supposed to really help you stay on an even keel, as well as B complex. Evening Primrose is also one of those heart healthy and other essential oils that WW likes us to take.
As for me, I have no clue at all how today's weigh in is going to go. I donated blood yesterday. I had to eat and drink extra beforehand and afterwards. So, does the blood I gave negate any bad effects of the extra calories? Who knows! But, I did a good thing anyway. Last time I donated and weighed in, I had a gain, but then was OK the following week.
Well, tomorrow will be our Nor'easter (big snow storm for those who don't know) I look forward to it and hope we keep electricity on and I can stay in all day, having heat and lights working. I'd like to make homemade soup, chili or stew and enjoy a day at home. Maybe even a nap!
We'll see.
Take care,
Linda
Old 02-13-2007, 02:38 PM   #114  
barb

Hi , everyone..ANOTHER SNOW DAY...My youngest is soooo whinning today...... I did not go and wi today. The roads are really bad.... Maybe tom not sure when they hold the wi. Having a hard time withthe food thing myself today... I am so hungry I have 10 pts left today... I need to make 4 dozen cookies this week for a sweet table . I know it will be hard to resist the cookies.

I just checked the Bacon YEP it is onlY1 pt. I new you all would be shocked. My dh ate it and did not even know it was a different kind. So It must be good. It is by WELLSHIRE It is all natural fully cooked .You get 15 hickory smoked salt cured bacon slices. I got them buy one get one free. They were 4.50 a box . I bought 4 boxes. I am glad I did.
servings is 3 slices....cal is 60... fat is 3g ......0 sugar .....220 mg of sodium... 4 protein It is the best find yet for me. I want to bring it in to the meeting....

Not sure what dinner is going to be.... I did exercise by shoveling .... I think iI need to go do again. Dh is home, but I told him I wanted to do it for the exercise... He cleaned my bathrooms for me....What a sweety... Got to go .. stay warm..
Old 02-13-2007, 06:35 PM   #115  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies, I am back (I think) after knee surgery. I am getting around w/one crutch and no pain meds, yay! The pain meds were really slowing my system down if you know what I mean . My leg is swollen and I am retaining water like crazy but I hope to drop a lot of that weirdness after a few therapy sessions. I am scheduled for 4 weeks of physical therapy to help me get my full movement back in my right knee, painful and not fun, but necessary. I have missed you guys. It is difficult for me to get back into the swing of things WW-wise because when I couldn't get around the house too much while recuperating, my journaling fell to the wayside. I'm having PMS munchies too. I didn't go to WI last Fri. since I wasn't able to drive, much less walk too good. So I am hoping to be back OP this week and at least show not too much damage for my week of lazing around the house recovering.

Welcome to the newbies and thanks Ann and the others for your well wishes. I will chat more later.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #116  

What a day.
I broke my toe today. There goes some of my exercise. Bummer. What a stupid thing I did. I was sorting laundry on the floor and I got interrupted. I was walking across the floor and accidentally stepped on a piece of clothing and my foot got caught. I fell forward and heard that awful "snap" of bone breaking. I'm an idiot. It's the same toe that has been broken three times before. It's been weakened and it seems that once a bone has been broken, you are at risk for more breaks?
Aside from that, my meeting had a GAIN.... just .8 but still a gain.
So, today wasn't my day. I really thing the gain was because of donating blood yesterday. I deliberately ate extra food before going and then had pizza and cookies (chocolate chip) afterwards (they gave it to me!) as well as apple/cranberry juice. I probably had an extra 5 or 6 hundred calories, or more, yesterday. But, I'm OK with it as it was due to the blood loss.
Now, the rest of the week has big challenges for me. It's Valentines Day tomorrow, but I'm probably OK with that part. But, on Friday it's my son's birthday and on Sunday it's my birthday. Can I stay on program? There will be cakes and eating out and I'm running a coffee hour in church on Sunday.
Well... there are going to be weeks like this. Generally, I would say that I would do extra walking, but now I have this _____ broken toe.
OK, now, I'll st oping whining. Time for me to go lick my wounds.
Oh yes, we're expecting a big snowstorm here tomorrow and into Thursday with possible power outages. If you all don't hear from me, I'll be hearing trying to keep a fire going and dealing with it all!
Wish me luck!
Linda
Old 02-13-2007, 07:14 PM   #117  

Oh yes, Noelle, so glad you are back on on the way to recovery. We're just having some minor setbacks. Just becuase you lost a battle, doesn't mean you've lost the way!
Take care!
Linda
Old 02-13-2007, 07:24 PM   #118  
barb

Noelle and Lynda hope you all are feeling up and about soon. This snow in day KILLED me. I am eating up a storm. There is NO way I am going to wi tom .If I can.... we are suppose to get Ice tonight,the kid will probably be home AGAIN. I need to work out.. I think I may be PMS .I am very Bi#%$,. I just want to be by myself.....Oh well I know I will miss them when they go back to school...and hubby to work....... Have to go build a lego airport . Moms never stop......Barb
Old 02-14-2007, 06:23 AM   #119  

Barb, It's really hard having bored kids on "snow days" at home. Those are the days when doing special baking and making comfort foods seem to just sort of "happen". I know.
Today, all is peaceful and quiet, I am grateful for the snowstorm we are having as my house is absolutely silent other than the sound of my fingers tapping the keyboard as I type here. The snow is falling and it blankets the world and silences things. The plows and sanders have not yet come out, but they surely will soon as some people will still have to get out and go to work. They have cancelled school in just about every school system in the state, I think. My 16 year old daughter knew school was cancelled before even going to sleep last night, she was in a state of pure bliss! I remember snow days when I was a kid, nothing better than having the knowledge before going to bed!
I'm going to make soup today and try to relax.
Linda
Old 02-14-2007, 08:09 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Good Morning everyone,
Well yes, snow day here in Central NY as well. I had my WI last night and I stayed the same, which I was thankful for given my chocolate eating bonanza over the weekend. I also made the decision to give CORE a try this week, thanks to Linda and then my leader encouraged my decision.

Linda-I went back through the old posts and cut/copied and pasted all of your CORE advice into a word document, I can't wait to go through that today, thank you again for that. You're right, what a thrill it was to not have to measure my FF creamer going into my coffee this morning. I lightened it to the perfect color that I like my coffee, who knew how satisfying that could be!! I'm also looking forward to having oatmeal and putting an entire banana in it, who knew?! Also Linda, I stayed after my meeting last and talked to a CORE member and my leader about bread. They both agreed that the Ezekiel bread could essentially be considered CORE. This is because it is made from sprouts, not flour. My leader even talked to our local WW headquarters about it. She said that they were not willing to promote Ezekiel bread as being CORE because it might give the wrong message that this bread would be a green light (for some) to eat the entire loaf in one day. But... for those of us who have learned the benefits of "everything in moderation", having a sandwich on CORE and using this bread in particular can be considered a "CORE Bread". Last night I found it in the health section of the grocery store (in the freezer) and it must be kept in the freezer.

The one thing I'm really going to look over today, is the info. in the week one book about feeling satisfied, that's only thing I want to be very careful about. I talked in my meeting last night about the reasons that I want to try CORE. They basically are:
1) With these cold days I feel hungry all the time, and I want to graze throughout the day and not be worried and stressed about watching my points dwindle down to nothing.

2) I basically eat CORE foods for my meals, and all the other stuff that I eat in between is just crap that I don't plan for and it really hampers my efforts, dwindles my points away, then I'm left with practically nothing at dinner time.

3) Like Linda, I want to really for once and for all establish "the way I'm going to eat for the rest of my life" and CORE really does make the most sense to me.

Anyway, I guess I've blabbed enough....
Closed Thread