Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 10:00 AM   #121  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everyone.
Welcome back Noelle.
Linda and Noelle, I hope you are both up and around soon. It is funny Linda when I broke my toe I couldn't believe how much it hindered my movements. We are stuck inside with a snow day. It looks so beautiful out there. Barb I hope that that Lego airport is a success. It is relaxing building Lego.
Erica, yeah you didn't gain weight. You all make Core seem so exciting. What a great idea to cut and paste all the core info to one document. Have you tasted the Ezikiel Bread yet? My nephew eats it as he is allergic to wheat. I have never tasted it though. Core seems like you do eat better as your comment Erica about eating crap on flex is true. I use my two point snacks and I should just give them up and go on core.
Have a great day everyone and stay warm and safe.
Ann
Old 02-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #122  

Hi all...it's a snow day here, too. Even dh is home.

I've been doing pretty well with core the last few days, except for a few things here and there. I think the main thing is that I've cut out the junk snack type foods. I've been listening to my stomach and trying to recognize when I'm full, and it hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be. When I weighed in on Monday, I actually had re-re-re-re (x's who knows how many!) lost 4 lbs. I'm anxious to see what I will weigh in at next time, since I will have been on core a full week. I "feel" thinner, anyway!

Erica-I got all excited when you mentioned the ff coffee creamer, but when I looked in the book (I looked in the Complete Guide book and week 1) none of the ff creamers (or any creamers) are listed as core. Is it listed somewhere that I'm not looking? I would LOVE it if it was on core; I love my ff vanilla, and have been using skim milk, but it's just not the same! LOL!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 02-14-2007, 02:02 PM   #123  
burned out bus driver

SNOW DAY! I love the white stuff, and even better yet, schools closed yesterday evening (announced today's closure last nite) so I was able to wake up knowing that it was a free day.

Sorry to be MIA- just too darned busy. No meeting today because of the weather.......maybe there was one, but I did not want to drive in this mess.

Happy Valentines day!!!!! Be back later to catch up on all the posts, been so busy here.
Ginny
Old 02-14-2007, 02:32 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Paige-I used the FF half and half.... Linda... do you think?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:56 PM   #125  

Hi!
Ezekiel bread? I've never heard of it before. I'm definitely interested in finding out more about it as I want bread!!!! Bread is the one thing that brings me away from CORE on a regular basis. I count the points and just give in. I would dearly love to try something that is "close".
I like the idea of experimentation with cooking, as time permits. I have begun to have ideas about developing a CORE bread of some kind. I was thinking about taking oatmeal and putting it in my blender to make it into a powder to use as a flour. I don't know how it would come out, but it might be interesting to try. Would oatmeal still be considered "whole grain" still if it's ground up like that?
Paige, I don't think any of the coffee creamers that I know of are CORE, I just saw Erica made a post and used FF half and half. I'm careful with that stuff, I do use it from time to time and when I have a recipe that calls for cream, then I'll use up what is left in coffee, but over time and not with each and every cup. It just FEELS like it's not good for me to rely on. I would defer any judgment about that stuff to my leader, I think. I truly am at the stage where I actually like FF milk in my coffee, when I put cream or even whole milk in it, I feel like it tastes too rich.
I had a good idea about the flavored creamers that people seem to love, though.... I don't like the stuff, but appreciate that lots of people are almost addicted to it all. Firstly, use flavored coffees vs. flavored creamers???? But, if you like flavored creamers, why not experiment with extracts and Splenda? If you mixed powered ff milk with liquid ff milk to thicken it a bit, you might get a texture that is preferable and a concentrated creamier feeling, then you could as a dash of vanilla to it all and sweeten it with Splenda. You could add cocoa powder as well? You could have your own homemade coffee creamer that is different. You could experiment with different extracts for different tastes? Again, it's not my thing but I remember my mom used to always HAVE to have French vanilla coffee creamer in her refrigerator.
I'm having a HUNGRY day today, I think it's the snow and the being stuck inside. I made WW garden vegetable soup this morning and had a nice big bowl of it for lunch. I splurged on melba toast (counting points) and had FF cottage cheese over top of it. Then, a banana for dessert. But, I am STILL hungry. Time for popcorn and a big glass of water! Popcorn (94% ff) is a great "filler" for me. I hate to feel hungry all the time.
Well, hope you are all ok today, stay safe!
Linda
Old 02-14-2007, 05:06 PM   #126  

No, I don't HAVE to have creamer...I actually am ok drinking coffee black. I do love the ff french vanilla creamer, but am ok with skim milk. Unfortunately I am one of those people who cannot have Splenda. It twists my stomach all up in knots and gives me other "problems." I don't have the problem with other sweeteners, but I don't use artificial sweeteners anymore because I did some research on them, and I think my overuse of them was part of the reason I was having such severe migraines. When Erica said ff creamer, my ears just perked up a little because I thought maybe I had missed it on the core shopping list!
Old 02-14-2007, 07:59 PM   #127  
barb

Height: 5'7

Just like a few of you another snow day today.. 2days in a row.... 2 days last week and h2 days sick the week before...... Dh was home too , so he took us out to lunch. I think we all needed to get out. The boys played in the snow a long time today. They dug some awesome tunnels in the banks. I wish I had their energy .. I still have not worked out and am not seeing a chance to get to the gym until next week. We have winter vacation this Friday and Monday so I will not be able to go on my usaul day.. Boohoo. On sat I am going back to my home town for a visit. I can NOt wait. Yes I will be taking the boys with me while my dh has some free time... How does that always work so well for him. He will miss us though. Just looking forward to going somewhere....... I have been eating so poorly. I swear this is the worst I have done since xmas... Arghhhh I just do not care... I think it is cuz I could not wi in yesterday or today. Forget about going tomorrow I might as well wait until next week. I am to cheep to not pay for a whole week. I will use one of my discounts for the week lost... Anyway I think that is why I stink in choices this week. I did make the veg soup.. Dh LOVED IT but I ate crap with it. ... I did make cookies with the kids and YES I did eat alot of dough... The rest I am to embrassed to admit.... chat tomorrow... Barb
Old 02-15-2007, 06:24 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Good Morning everyone,
Wow, what a good day to start CORE yesterday with it being a snowday. On my home scales, I was down 2 pounds this morning! Now if I can just maintain it until my WI next week. I was just so impressed with how I wasn't hungry yesterday, how I could guiltlessly graze all day. I made a big roast chicken yesterday morning, and it was just fun to pick at it all day whenever I felt a little hunger. Not having to weigh it, track it, what a thrill!

Well, with regard to the FF half and half... the first ingredient in it is nonfatmilk (good) and the second ingredient....corn syrup (not good). I think I'm going to continue to enjoy it though, because I can still have the first 2 tbsp. of it for 0 pts, then I'll just work it into my flex points. I've decided that I'm reserving my 5 flex pts. per day for dark chocolate. And I'm buying the good kind too, yesterday it was Cadbury.
(((Paige))) sorry to get you all excited about the FF creamer....

Does anyone have the book The Best Life Diet by Bob Green (Oprah's Trainer), well I pulled it out last night, and there is a ton of awesome recipes in there and they are all seemingly CORE! There's also just a lot of good info. in there as well.

Barb-hang in there, don't give up! We all have "bad" days, we are human and not perfect. It sounds like you made the best of a snow day and being home with your boys. Hang in there!

Linda- I had a slice of the Ezekiel bread last night just for the sake of trying it (with butter spray). It was pretty good. I would say that if you are really looking for bread to enjoy a sandwich, go for it. Bob Green mentions the Ezekiel bread in his book as well or at least uses it as a suggestion for sandwiches. Thanks for the suggestions with regard to the coffee creamers. p.s. sorry about your toe, that really stinks!!! Maybe you could do more strength training stuff that wouldn't involve much movement of your toe?

Ann- Even though I've only been on CORE for one day, let me tell ya, I already love it! Yesterday I made cupcakes with the girls and I didn't even taste the batter, frosting or anything (very unlike me). Typically I would, then waste 2-3 pts. licking the spoon etc. (which would be an under exaggeration of how much I tasted anyway). Maybe I'm just in the honeymoon phase of CORE but for now I'm really loving it.

Catch up with everyone later...
Erica
Old 02-15-2007, 07:23 AM   #129  
burned out bus driver

Linda- in one of my WW cookbooks there is a bread recipe........I'll come back later and post it.

Erica- glad you like core. I would do the same thing while baking. Sometimes it is good to eliminate all the temptations- as core does- until you can more easily control trigger foods.

Barb- you have another snow day???? Hopefully by now the storm has passed and the kids can go back to school. Maybe a return to routine will help you get control of things.

Paige/Linda- I think the extract idea would be great- almond extract, vanilla...gee the list goes on and on. Perhaps looking at the WW smoothie recipes might provide inspiration too.

Gotta go get on the treadmill.......another snow day!
Ginny
Old 02-15-2007, 05:21 PM   #130  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Happy belated Valentine's day. Hope all of you who were snowed in had someone to cuddle up with to keep warm whether it be your spouse, your kids or a furry dog or cat... i'm voting for the dog because my dog doesn't hog the covers

I am stuck w/two boxes of valentine's day chocolates (one from my hubby and the other from my dad) even though I told them I didn't want any chocolates to tempt me. Well, I did eat a few of the dark chocolates this morning but KNOW I have to get them out of the house or I will eat them. I think I'll call one of my skinny sisters and ask her if she would like them

Barb, did you get your Lego airport done? It's funny you mention doing that with your kids because over the weekend I was building a Lego hotel and a hospital, complete w/ambulance . My 8 y.o. had asked for more Lego--I just know the vacuum had something to do with a lot of the disappearing blocks-- I took him over to Toys R Us and I bought 2 sets. It was a blast just sitting there with him building things. Since I've been laid up I've been playing with it myself. haha, just stuff to relieve boredom I guess.

Linda, sorry to hear about your toe! and 3X? Ouch! I'm hoping you heal up real quick as well.

Erica, love your motivation on Core!

Paige, I'm another that can't stand Splenda, it does evil things to my body. Congrats on losing those 4 lbs.

Hi Ann

Hi to all and have a great day. Gotta get some work done.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:31 AM   #131  

Happy Friday all!

Things have been going pretty well here, nothing new to report, I guess. Still doing very well with core...Linda, thanks so much for the suggestion! It sounds funny to say this, but I feel "more free!" I have been guilt free this week, and it has felt so good. I know I've told you guys the problems I have with with binge eating (it goes deeper than that but I hate talking about it because I feel very embarassed by it) and this week I haven't felt any of those binge urges. Maybe I won't have a loss on Monday, but I "feel" thinner!

Sorry for not getting personal...dds just woke up. I'll check in with you all later!
Old 02-16-2007, 07:56 AM   #132  

Paige, I'm so glad you are enjoying this and feeling good about it, gosh I would have suggested it sooner!
Erica, you too! One thing I took note of when I was reading your post was you talked about "grazing" on the chicken throughout the day. According to the new CORE plan that was announced right before Christmas, that is a "no-no". They say that any in-between meal snacking should be a certain group of foods... read over the program again. However, that being said, if you are losing weight and that is working for you, then who I am or who is WW to tell you different. If it is a CORE food and you are not over-indulging.
Noelle, we had a chocolate free Valentines Day here! I'm relieved. My husband actually listened to me and got me roses and no heart shaped box of chocolates as I usually would have. I did miss it a little, but quite honestly it wasn't that big a deal. How are you feeling?
DJM, sorry about the cookie dough thing. I've been there and totally know what you've gone through. I can't resist.
Well, it's a challenge for me today. It's my son's birthday today. There will be cake and we are going to a Chinese buffet place for dinner. I will try to do my best, and will let you all know how "bad" I was.
Linda
Old 02-16-2007, 09:20 AM   #133  
burned out bus driver

Morning!
Got a busy day here too.......

Paige- great to hear that you are conquering your demons! We all probably have problems with binge eating (I have admitted to it!) and can share some pretty horrific stories about myself. If venting works for you and helps, do not be embarrassed to do so. I think all of us can relate to it.

Linda- happy bday to your son. Hope you prevail over the chinese buffet. There are lots of good choices you can make.

Noelle- hope you can get rid of that chocolate!!! Belated happy Valentines day to you too.

Got my walk in this am.......rest of the day I am on the fly. See ya!
Ginny
Old 02-16-2007, 09:37 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Good Morning everyone. Had a birthday here at the office yesterday so I missed weigh in. I'm going today at lunch. I'm not so sure how core is for me. I'm going to give it another week but I'm pretty sure I'm up in weight this week. I guess I need to fine tune this a lot more.

No one answered my question I posted last week (at least I couldn't find it in any of the posts) Core - if I make a recipe that has non-core items, do I count the whole points for the recipe serving or just the points that out of core?
Old 02-16-2007, 10:10 AM   #135  

Laura-From the core recipes that I have seen, if there is something that is not core, that is all that is counted. Like yesterday, I saw a recipe that had some 2% cheese in it, but the rest was core...the cheese points were counted, but not the core ingredients. Linda, am I right?

Linda-I don't go to meetings, so I have been going off of my old Week 1 book. Are there any other changes to the core program?
Closed Thread