Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 02:08 PM   #31  

Hi everyone . Well so far I have had a terrific week. I went to the gym faithfully each day and even surprised myself a few times. Once was on tuesday when i had my monthly visitor and felt to crappy in the morning to go for my cardio (which i am not very fond of). Well the day was going by and the more i thought about it the guiltier I became so i waited 3 hours from my last meal and went after a 10 1/2 hour shift on my feet. I also was going to sleep in an extra hour and go after work again today but i woke up at 6:15 today and had that same little naggy voice in my head telling me to get up and go to the gym. And it was -38 up here with the windchill.......brrrrrr. Well i did my cardio and i hit my 10 and i worked my abs and i felt great all day. I am very proud of myself. I am having a hard time getting six meals in this week but I think it will happen like last one, it will take about 2 weeks for my appetite to catch up and then i will be looking for those meals. I guess maybe I was ready to do this.......So here is a question for anyone out there who know? I am always looking for new protein sources that are low in fat, not too expensive and something different from chicken , fish and cottage cheese and eggs....anyway I love nuts and was wondering if anyone knew how bad almonds were if they were unsalted of course because i love them and could eat that with a fruit or in a trail mix. All thoughts are appreciated....
Old 01-08-2004, 02:15 PM   #32  

Hi Everybody! I couldn't access the site again this morning, and now running out the door. I'll check back tonite and catch up. Miss you!

Cindy - CONGRATS! on the milestone. Since it passed without you realizing, and now you do, how does it feel?

Toodles,
dip
Old 01-08-2004, 02:50 PM   #33  
Mel

Default Back again :)

I couldn't get onto the site this morning either and was afraid that all had been lost again. Good to see that we're back.

I'm reporting in that I've been squeaky clean again for 4 days and am planning to stay this way after my eye opening step onto the scale and pinch session with my trainer who is now also my boss. He was less than pleased with me!

Hi Jen (New in Town): Welcome! What kind of plan are you doing? If I were you, I wouldn't count almonds or any other nut as a protein source, but use it as a fat source with some bonus protein. Have you tried lean pork tenderloin, shellfish, turkey breast, and that old standby: Protein Powder! The other problem with nuts is that it's WAY to easy to eat WAY to many. 15 whole almonds have about 104 calories in them: 9 grams of fat, 4 of protein, and 4 of carbohydrates. Not a great protein source. And 15 almonds is a pretty puny amount.

Re: The skin issue revisited. I notice that Mina said that she didn't have lipo, but that wasn't the point. Did she have a tummy tuck? I've seen her pictures too and find the whole bit about visualizing, believing, hydrating and massaging a bit hard to swallow. The woman lost more than twice the weight I've lost (and kudo's to her- I'm not trying to knock her achievement!) at the same age. I find it really hard to believe that someone who says she was overweight most of her life was able to visualize away her skin. Using that method, I should be 5'8" with 13% body fat. And no loose, saggy skin.

The resolutioners are gradually trickling into my gym. I'm meeting with 2 new clients tomorrow! Yipee! Unlike the rest of you, I'm thrilled to see more people. The head trainer says the big rush is usually the 3rd week in January after everyone is truly over the holidays and getting depressed. Though I'm sure Meg's gym is going to be far more mobbed than mine. I'm glad I don't go to a Bally's (sp?) during this Discovery Challenge.

Got a short by intense cardio session in this morning before I had to take DS13 to have several teeth pulled. Poor guy was not happy and has blamed me for everything from the fact that it's cold out to an immanent WWIII so far today. Right now he's kind of zoned out on Vicodan, which is how I'd like to keep him for another 24 hours. Except he really needs to eat, and refuses to have anything except the one swallow of water it took to get the meds down him.

Gotta go get some work done before he gets grumpy again. I hope to get another short cardio in later, too.

Mel
Old 01-08-2004, 03:31 PM   #34  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Re: Back again :)

Quote:
Originally posted by meliris
Re: The skin issue revisited. I notice that Mina said that she didn't have lipo, but that wasn't the point. Did she have a tummy tuck? I've seen her pictures too and find the whole bit about visualizing, believing, hydrating and massaging a bit hard to swallow. The woman lost more than twice the weight I've lost (and kudo's to her- I'm not trying to knock her achievement!) at the same age. I find it really hard to believe that someone who says she was overweight most of her life was able to visualize away her skin. Using that method, I should be 5'8" with 13% body fat. And no loose, saggy skin.
Actually if she had HAD lipo, it most likely would have made her saggy skin WORSE, not better. Like Mel, I found all that stuff VERY hard to swallow, especially with everything I've learned and experienced recently Although a couple of years ago, I did believe that as long as I drank gallons of water, took Udo's, ate clean and worked out my skin would just naturally tighten up...well, that might be true for *some* lucky people out there but not for many. In fact I think I'm fortunate - from looking at before photos on the 'Net, and speaking to my doctor, most people who have lost a great deal of weight (more than 100 pounds) tend to have crepey skin and stretch marks above the belly button - mine were all below the belly button and are now history (YAY!). One of the best things I ever did and I do NOT regret it for a moment. I must say though, that looking at those photos of Mina, and from what I know, it looks for all the world as though she has had a tummy tuck IMO.

Mel - good on ya for the squeaky clean days! As for me, I'm gradually putting in more effort at the gym, bringing the levels on the elliptical higher and higher...VERY gradually that is...
Old 01-08-2004, 05:23 PM   #35  
Gym'll fix it!!

I'm intrigued where can i find pictures of this superwoman Mina? i love looking at pics of success stories and would love to one day become one

Trying real hard to have a good day today but i've got the munchies and so far have managed not to grab some cookies and chocolate i really, really want something but i'm going to have a pint of water with lemon and hit the treadmill
Old 01-08-2004, 05:40 PM   #36  
Lovin' Zumba!

Cathy,
Go to this site, and look in my "Cindy's Transformation" album - I've posted a page about her there.
http://groups.msn.com/3FCLadiesWhoLift/shoebox.msnw

Cindy
Old 01-08-2004, 06:30 PM   #37  

Angry new

Hi everyone I have been reading youallfor a long time. I have am going to jumo in. I am not on body for life or anything special but I do lift weights. I do the Firm tapes with very heavy weights and next week I am going back to just lifting. My big problem is that I like cardio. My plan is to do didferent days for upper and lower with cardio with it. I would like to see more definision.
I started at 210 I am now down to 150. I am not too far from my goal.. this past week I havebeen eating the best that I have ever. I have gone 11 days with out any flour, sugar(or sugar sweeteners), or dairy. I hope to continue this.
How do you change things on here. I have now moved and would like to change my location.
Well I hope that you all. don't mind if I jump in with you all.
Tanya

Last edited by 2cutekids; 01-08-2004 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:17 PM   #38  
Gym'll fix it!!

Cindy..thank you for posting the article about Mina OMG what a transformation..you could hardly see her bikini bottom in the before pic no wonder you were wondering about excess skin. While i was there i took a look at everyones pics and all i can say is well done!

Tanya..i'm sure that you will receive a warm welcome from the ladies here as i did myself just a few days ago
Old 01-08-2004, 07:22 PM   #39  
mox

Wink Don't be too shocked . . .

Hey everyone! I know it's been six months or so since I've last posted -- but no, I haven't fallen into a big hole, it just has felt like it sometimes. I haven't even had much time to lurk, although I've tried to check in over the last month or so . . . It sounds like everyone is doing really well -- congrats to everyone for being so diligent. I'll post more details of what I've been doing and where I'm at weight/exercise-wise soon (it's not a pretty picture). But, I wanted to take this chance to say Happy New Year -- I'm definitely resolved to do better for my health this year.

Mox

P.S. Re: saggy skin -- I was recently talking to an aunt who lives in Tokyo, and she told me that fad diets are really big there as well. She saw a news show about a very overweight man who lost over 100 lbs or something like that and firmed up his skin by . . . briskly rubbing salt over his entire body and then soaking in a really hot tub for 2 hours or so every night. Whatya think? Hot tubbing can be a lot of fun . . .
Old 01-08-2004, 08:18 PM   #40  
Meg

Default Mox!!!

So happy to see you back, Mox!

Let's see, JC and Tidey and Mox are back ... come on out, all the rest of you!

Meg
Old 01-08-2004, 08:27 PM   #41  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Hello,

Just had a great shopping day at the mall. The Chanel makeup counter is my new hobby! I also got a cute new haircut, remember short, so I can get my hair done quicker therefore having more time for exercise in the mornings?

Last edited by ledom; 01-09-2004 at 01:12 AM.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:54 PM   #42  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Default I'm here....

I was just waiting for the site to be fixed.

My friend is a friend of Mina's - I should get her to post about her here.

JC
Old 01-08-2004, 09:37 PM   #43  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default JC....

It's so good to see you back!!! You're such a tease, let us know how you are!?!

On Mina, I would love to hear how she is doing three years after losing the weight.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:46 PM   #44  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Wink I'm good.

great actually.... life is cruising along nicely. I have been through a rough patch since my father passed away and been through a LOT of changes but it's all good.

My only goal for the year is to be happy.

I emailed my friend and asked her to pop in with a report on Mina.

JC
Old 01-08-2004, 09:52 PM   #45  
Ilene the Bean

Hello Girls

JC ~~ That would be very interesting to hear about her from someone who knows her first hand...

Ledom ~~ I really enjoyed that post but the skin thing was a bit difficult to believe specially at that age...

Cindy ~~ My goodness, how rude of me to forget to congrats you on allllll that weight loss!! Sorry better late than never... Great job and work there girl. I can really see the difference in you pics...

I've had a great food and exercise day... I wasn't here to post this afternoon because I was at the GYM!! Yes, girls in the middle of the afternoon~ MOI at the gym... It's kinda nice if you go at different times, you get to see different ppl, and I realized that over the holidays. I wasn't able to go this morning because I didn't have the heart to wake hubby up at 5am to move his work van so I could go to the gym in -39 weather after he had worked a 17hr day and came in at 12:30am..... poor guy he must be beat, and it's almost 10pm and he's still not home yet and he's been gone since 7am this morning... He works for the gas company, and I guess with this cold spell whole towns are shutting down... don't ask why cause I just dunno

Well I gotta go, cause I'm really tired...and hungry!!
Closed Thread