Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 10:30 PM   #106  

Default Mini blinds

Meg--I'm cracking up over here picturing your mini blinds taking a jacuzzi! Diswashing soap goes a long way, doesn't it? Too funny! I've entertained the thought of replacing all mine, but that would require me to actually measure my windows, and well....some other time.

I've been busy painting my 10 year old's room. His room is now known as the blood room. Yep, it's red and actually doesn't look that bad, but red is a pain in the *** color to paint with. When I got the paint, it was recommended that I buy a tinted primer and I was all, nah, never had a problem with dark colors before. I painted my 7 year old's room a deep blue without the primer (which was recommended) and it came out fine. But the red...man, does it streak. I used 1/2 gallon on one wall and decided that I better buy the primer, which I did. They tint it the same color. Didn't make a difference, it's still streaky. You just cannot not get a uniform color with it, so it kinda has a subtle color wash effect to it. Now I have to do the baseboards since the stupid paint bled through the tape. Ugh.

I'm gonna hold off on bootcamp for right now. I wan't to see where I am after we get back from our cruise, but that doesn't me I won't rag on y'all!

And welcome to the new and returning people!

Oh, and Lana, I've been sucked into that crapfest that is known as American Idol II and before that it was the Surreal Life (which actually was pretty funny cuz Corey Feldman is such a tool). Damn reality tv.

Last edited by shelbyw; 03-06-2003 at 10:34 PM.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:01 AM   #107  

got a journal... hope it will encourage and compel me to be 'good!'
Old 03-07-2003, 02:50 AM   #108  

Smile wow !! again

i'm going to have to start coming back in here before my bedtime !!

i'm glad that this whole issue is out in the open and that the major issues have been discussed at length. i haven't don't CPB, and now i know i won't, but that doesn't mean it's not good for other people. my main concern was with the actual "training" that Pam Brown has, or doesn't have, in the area of nutrition and sports medicine.

i was also very displaced when i heard the response that she gave to the woman who hasn't been feeling well for some WEEKS now. it still bothers me whenever i think of that woman still working out, harder than ever, when she really probably should be resting for a bit. oh well

anywho......... this ****** still didn't understand when the Boot Camp is starting and when it's ending. you guys probably told me already, but i'm dense. please let me know, okay? i really like your idea Karen of writing in our goals in our journals here. i'll be doing that tomorrow evening.

we're going away to tel aviv for the weekend so i'm just going to restart my new program on sunday the 9th. i also have to buy my iron supplements today so i can feel more energetic. like the nut i am, i haven't taken the iron for at least 7 days and now i'm just crawling around like someone pumped out all my blood -- all i want to do is sleep, sleep, sleep . why am i so stupid sometimes?????????????????

this two day break will give my body the time it needs to absorb the iron and i should be feeling a whole lot better by sunday. besides, i haven't been "away" from this house in ages and it's going to be fun going to the big city for the weekend.

i wish you all a wonderful Friday. let's all make it count to the best of our abilities, no matter what we do today

i'll see you all on sunday.

take care,

adriana
Old 03-07-2003, 06:30 AM   #109  
Meg

Default Colleen -- Wow!

Colleen -- I hopped over to your photos at L&S and am blown away by what you have done so far. You are looking fabulous and only have better things to look forward to. Congrats on your awesome progress.

It's interesting to me how you, Karen, and I (and I'm sure many others) all had a starting weight within about 10 pounds of each other. Perhaps once we top 250 pounds, we just can't kid ourselves that we're not really fat, just large-framed, or that we carry it well. Denial can only take you so far, and for me, it ran out at 257 pounds!

The more, the better for Bootcamp, I think!

Today is cardio and chest day for me -- the poor flat thing needs all the help it can get. Got to build that fake cleavage.

Meg
Old 03-07-2003, 06:42 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 163/163/149

Height: 5'7"

Hi All -

Still here, plugging along...C1, W5, D6. Psycho busy week - I'm trying to get all my loose ends tied before my DH goes away next week for two weeks. So this week I have been running around like a madwoman. Got all my workouts in, but I tell you, my idea of luxury is going to be working out without one eye on the clock because I have to pick up the kids soon!!

I'm psyched for our BFL Boot Camp - will post goals, etc. on a journal page this weekend.

We're not feeling a big difference with the glutamine, so probably won't buy it again.

Meals are going well - I ordered a quarter side of beef from a new organic beef supplier so am overdosing on chicken until we pick it up at Easter.

My DH is still so keen on the program - it's great to see and hear about. Keeps showing me the progress of his Pants-O-Meter by pulling his pants down without undoing the zipper/button! I'm not quite there yet, but am doing a weekly weigh-in today so I can assess my 'halfway through' progress. Yeah, yeah, I know...scale bad bad bad. But a weekly weigh in seems to be working with me - I don't even have a scale at home anymore, and I was one of these 'get out of bed, step on the scale' type scale obsessives, so this is a huge improvement.

I'm excited about our Boot Camp - with my DH away and single parenting, I will need the accountability and daily check ins of our Boot Camp. I am waiting for the 7/8 week slump I've been reading about on the L&S threads, hope it won't knock me off track.

Have a great day everyone!

BethO
Old 03-07-2003, 07:30 AM   #111  
Peace with body and soul

Ok I'll try to figure out this journal/bootcamp thingy today as well.

But I'm going w/the "I'm not fat, I'm bigboned" theory of Eric Cartman of Southpark. LOL See that right there shows you the mentality you're dealing with here.

All this talk of hairballs and cats! Have we no dog people here but me??

As they say, Dogs rule, cats drool. LOL

TGIF and not a minute too soon!
Old 03-07-2003, 08:26 AM   #112  
Ilene the Bean

Hi Girls

Meg -- I'm still laughing about your fake cleavage comment...I too have the sam problem.. I love it when I get my pecs are pumped up... like a female peacock I guess...

Lore -- I just read your journal, and gosh 17 abroad.. are you in school? I stayed home till I was 25! I was a big CHEEKEN to go out on my own, I was soooo well at home...

Ledom -- Nice to see you did so well this week and that you only had one slip up this week.... ONE slip isn't so bad in the big scheme of things...Speaking of short hair, I too am going to get my hair cut short for the summer... My g/f and I were talking this morning at the gym that we will go see a guy in Ottawa who is an excellent cutter, my g/f is a hairdresser btw, and once in a while she goes to see him to get a really good cut... he charges $50 but it should be a nice day away ... I love short short hair...I'm also going to get some bleached hi-lites for the summer... If I've gotta go grey, I may as well make it look like I got it professionally streaked...

Adriana -- Dont' be so hard on yourself about the start date, I'm not too sure either... I THINK it may be monday?! Not sure...

I had a really good arm workout this morning.. and good cardio... Now I've got to go eat...

Please excuse this post if there are MORE typos than usual, I am wearing my glasses, and can't see properly... I STUPIDLY rubbed my eyes the other night, and now my eyes are paying for it...and me too for that matter....I have an eye disorder, Keratoconus, and eye rubbing is a no-no-no-NO, and sometimes it just feels sooooo go to do that... If anyone saw Oprah a few weeks ago about medical miracles, and the woman who could see with special contactsafter so many years in a world of blurr, well she has Kerateconus too. But luckily mine is not so advanced yet... Ok I'm finished whinning.... (thanks for listening)

Later all...
Old 03-07-2003, 08:31 AM   #113  

Thanks Meg! Actually, I think it was that I was running out of room to grow at Lane Bryant that made me finally say "enough is enough!" :-) That's the problem with being able to find semi-stylish clothing in a size 24 - it made me forget sometimes how fat and unhappy I was! But yes, I did always feel like I carried it well (until I saw a photo illustration of how UNTRUE that really was!)

Adriana: From what I understand, Bootcamp starts on Monday? I have no idea when it ends, though - can't help ya there! (I'm too lazy to read back through all of the posts!
Old 03-07-2003, 08:33 AM   #114  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Goodmorning, Mindy - good point. How do you set up your journal? I haven't poked around much to figure it out myself but a little helpful direction would be nice.

I finished my 6th workout of the week this a.m. and that is a good feeling. I feel my resolve strengthening. Tomorrow is free day - my saviour and my nemesis. I am giving it some thought today and have decided to make 1/2 the day free and 1/2 on program. That might be an improvement. Once again let me rave about the grilled chicken w/ fruit salsa that was posted earlier in this thread. I grilled 6 breasts, had the 5th one yesterday and I liked it as much as the first one. Usually I throw out most of my pre-cooked chicken because it just doesn't taste good to me any more. I am looking forward to the 6th one for supper tonight.

I'm with you Mindi, Fri. didn't get here a second too soon.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:32 AM   #115  
Uber-Moderator!!

About journals...

Real quick 'cos I have to get in the shower!

Go up to the top of the screen on this page. You'll see where it says "Member Journals" right below the 3FC logo. Click on that and you should be taken to the Journal page, and from there set up your own Journal.

Whew! more later!
Old 03-07-2003, 10:16 AM   #116  

We didn't decide officially but I think it's Monday until Easter (meaning you can end on Easter Saturday and have chocolate bunnies on Sunday). I think that is 6 or 7 weeks which is long enough for a good stringent bootcamp. Does everyone agree on these dates? If they are not good for you, you can jump in at any time. I'm "gearing up" this weekend, I'm going to do my 4 am swim and go to the yoga/pilates class on Sunday.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:25 AM   #117  

Hi Mindi,

About those cats: I think our cat fascination started a long time ago when Sparky came into MrsJim's life. There was a lot of cat talk back then and it has continued.

Even though I have always tended to be more of a dog person, I now have 3 cats that seem to be the center of my life. I have a dog too but he was my husband's dog when I met him and he's is very keep to him self-ish whereas my cats are very much in my face all the time. About 7 years ago I lost a dog who was the light of my life. I lost him early (he was 6.5 years old, I had trained him as a puppy and he was my constant companion. I watched him go through a long and agonizing death) and to be honest, I'm not sure I've ever goten over that broken heart. I keep thinking that one day I'll have a puppy and train him but that takes a lot of time that attorneys don't seem to have much of. Maybe I'll take a summer off sometime and do it. It's a "dream" of mine to have another dog that is totally MY dog.

Okay, more information than you needed to know but just a bit of history on the cat thing.
Old 03-07-2003, 11:11 AM   #118  
Hot Sauce!

Default I may join in

with this bootcamp if all of you ladies don't mind! I have been struggling for some time now, maybe some incentive will get me going again!
Do we have daily threads to keep us on track during the bootcamp or how does it work?
Mindi, I am a cat person also, but when I get a house I plan on having 2 dogs...a big rottweiler and maybe a beagle. I love my cat Tigger and he is basically my child (quite a spoiled child too!)
Thanks!
Jamie
Old 03-07-2003, 11:46 AM   #119  
Peace with body and soul

Thanks for bringing me up to speed on the cat talk! LOL

Actually I'm just a goofy animal lover..but dogs and horses tend to be my favs. My bf raises dogs too so it works out well for both of us. I lost my beloved beagle just over Christmas and am still working through that, and I lost my darling basset hound 2 years ago at Christmas too! I was dogless for the first time in years!

BF 'forced' one of his shih tzu puppies on me though in February..and now I have a new baby to love.

Bootcamp time sounds good to me. I need to figure out an effective way to keep my energy high and burn some fat. I may throw in a little of the dreaded "C" word but only in the form of Taebo, which I do love.

Gotta get on that journal thingy.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:11 PM   #120  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Hey you guys!

I guess we can start fresh and new today, eh?

Mindi - my parents have Shih Tzus - two of them. Sunny and George are their names. (the dogs, not my parents!) They love waffles - Mom makes them lo-fat waffles on Sunday and they sit at the table and eat with my parents (Dad calls the dogs "the kids").

I like dogs too, but when you rent, cats are preferred. Just don't talk to me about snakes! And of course I would much rather have a horse, but our backyard isn't big enough (besides it looks like a minefield out there right now...still re-landscaping...)

Megan (our cat!!) lies on her BACK and SNORES. Sparky sleeps right through it. I'm so glad to hear that she isn't the only snoring cat in California! We're trying to get her weight down right now - we switched them to IAMS weight control cat food. She likes it okay, but I'm surprised that Sparky LOVES the stuff!

Anyway...have you guys been figuring out the Journal thing okay? Let me know if you have any problems.

Here's what I thought about the bootcamp - let me know what you think about this...we all have different programs and different goals. The three main points we would have in common are:

Workouts
Nutrition
Hydration

Now if you want to set a scale weight goal or not, inches lost or not, and/or poundage added (i.e. strength gains) that's up to you. I hope I'm making it clear - this is pretty free form. If you want to use Fitday to track your food intake, that's okay too (personally Fitday drives me absolutely bonkers...) In other words, set your OWN goals, and work towards them! Comments???
Closed Thread