3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight and Resistance Training (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training-80/)
-   -   The Chat-Check In Thread March 15 - April!, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training/107341-chat-check-thread-march-15-april-2007-a.html)

elisa822 03-24-2007 04:19 PM

Ah...the weekend. I needed it, that's for sure. Too much stress these days and I was worried that maybe I was coming down with something but so far so good. :crossed:

Lydia - that does sound like your workout was a lot of fun, even if not the most strenuous. I'm with you where I think I would be torn between being happy to share the experience with my dh, if he wanted to join in the gym, and sad to have my alone time gone. No worries of that right now though, we don't work too close to each other (and my gym is near work) and he can't run because of his bad knees. I think the running together could be fun. Oh well.

Mel - no, no more snow here. Yay! :cb: The weather has been all over the place, which is sort of normal for spring, I guess. Like a lot of you nearby, we had some beautiful weather and all the snow melted. Then more snow but thankfully with the warmer temperatures, the snow doesn't last more than a day or too. I might even be able to get outside for another run one day soon.

Speaking of which, I could use the exercise. It's amazing how one "bad" meal can really change the way you feel about everything. I had a good week and the scale was not unkind but last night I got together with some girlfriends and had way way too much junk. I haven't done that in a long time and I know it's not the end of the world but suddenly, I just felt yucky about myself.

Back on track today though!

Have a great weekend everyone.

:D

hikerchick 03-24-2007 07:42 PM

Yay for weekends. I hope everyone is doing well.

I just ordered the chin up bar. Yipee! It is going to be interesting to tangle with trying to actually haul myself up.

Happy weekend everyone and may all your workouts make you as delirious as I am right now.

srmb60 03-24-2007 07:54 PM

:wave: It's quiet at home so I'm just cruising around 3FC seeing what everyone is up to.
I got two workouts in this week that actually had that nice leftover feeling the next day.

sportmom 03-24-2007 10:31 PM

OK.........so now that we're all completely jealous of Lydia's "at home" workouts..........SWEAT???? sheesh

Lydia227 03-25-2007 09:21 AM

Fran::o :lol3:

hikerchick 03-25-2007 12:19 PM

Oh I missed that post lydia.:rofl:

You must me quite talented if you did that well with your dh. I am very impressed. Sounds like you had a blast.

My husband comes and lifts my weights all the time. This weight lifting thing is catching. My husband couldn't possibly overdo since I can't lift anything too heavy...yet. He still can lift about 5lbs more than me on most things. I think a little competitive voice in his head would like to keep it that way.

sportmom 03-25-2007 02:19 PM

Lydia, question regarding the Bob Evans grilled chicken dinner, since you said you had had that before. I get it plain - so no bbq sauce, no lemon/herb butter. Just plain. The website says made that way that its ingredients are chicken breast and soybean oil. How do you think they make it? I can't seem to replicate the formula just by plain grilling on my Foreman, so are they brushing it with a light coating of soybean oil or something? I thought about using Mrs. Dash, but basically I'm hopeless in the kitchen (part of my weight problem actually) and hate experimenting unless I know it's going to work!!

Lydia227 03-25-2007 08:54 PM

Fran: Wow. You've got a good memory. ;)

I'm not sure how the chicken might be prepared at Bobs while they are grilling it. Thanks for letting me know they use oil too. I could probably do without that. :yes:

When I make chicken breasts at home I usually follow one of the Eating for Life recipes within the book. The spicy buffalo chicken is pretty good and relatively quick.

When I am preparing plain chicken breasts to add into another dish I will bake it in a foil lined pan, cover the bottom with water, add spices or herbs that will compliment the main dish such as cumin, oregano, cilantro, or lime, cover the top with foil and bake at 350 for about twenty five minutes. The foil and water helps to keep the chicken moist and the clean up is really easy.

Sometimes I like to top these with diced roma tomatoes, chopped basil, cracked black pepper, and a little parmesan cheese. I'll serve this with a little whole wheat pasta.

Hope this helps a little. :^:

4rabbit 03-26-2007 10:04 AM

Hi LWL,

Lovely spring weather! The office has moved location to about 10 kms from my home, and I biked there and back today, total of 1.5 hr biking. I want to do this in the next month, so I can make this a habit & sneak the cardio into my routine. Biking to work is not considered a workout in these parts, but 1.5 hr a day must do something.

Fran - the chicken recipe sounds great! maybe i'll try that one day.

have a great day all,
rabbit

BfL_Cat 03-26-2007 12:08 PM

Happy Monday all!

Rabbit - I definitely think 1.5 hrs on a bike counts for something, so good for you!

I had a NSV this weekend - got to buy a size smaller pants! The old ones were too faded, and were beginning to look a bit sloppy on, so down a size I went!:carrot:

Food this weekend was a bit sloppy, so back on the straight and narrow for me. I think I need to revisit the book with my plan in it, and refresh my efforts. I've got no fruit in the house, and I need to go shopping! Now that the weather is getting a smidge warmer, I'll be more open to salads for meals, so more veggies would be a good thing as well.

You gals have a good one - I need to get back to work!
Cindy

Lydia227 03-26-2007 12:48 PM

Happy Monday Everyone:wave:

It's a little overcast here today but it is WARM. I'll take it! The knee felt pretty good this morning so I took it for a test drive at the gym this morning. I was able to do three five minute runs in intervals with only mild aching at the end. Not to bad. Lunges and squats are still not good I really feel it all in the knee during those and I know better. The leg extension and leg curls were much easier today so maybe I'll spend a few weeks on those before I work my way up to squats again.

Remember our New Year resolutions? One of mine was to hire a personal trainer. I finally decided to follow up on this one and I have an appointment the first week of April. I'm glad I have a little time to prepare before I meet with her. I have to get my list in order :lol:

Cindy: Enjoy those new pants! What a great NSV.

Rabbit: The bike ride for an hour and half certainly does count. :yes: I haven't ridden in several years. :chin: I have a new one hanging in the garage that DH gave me three years ago. I was just not fit enough to really enjoy it. This is the summer I learn how to use the bike rack so I can take it out on some nice trails by myself.

Everyone else have a great afternoon. Time for me to give some attention to DS2.

sportmom 03-26-2007 01:57 PM

Hi friends! I started my Couch to 5K program today! Did my first run this morning and was just fine!! We'll see how tomorrow is, but so far so good. The running intervals (1 minute for six intervals) were easy. I strapped on 3 sports bras and was fine. I need to figure out how to keep my flanks from bouncing though, that was really the only sensation that bothered me. The cardio aspect was fine as well, I cycled back and forth b/w 4 (walking) and 5 (running) on my treadmill bc that was easy to do with my one touch buttons. Then for the last segment I took it up to 6 on the run, and really felt it. So that was a stretch, but other than that, it was very very cool. I absolutely know that my dedicated walking and weight lifting for the last 6 months has made a huge difference.

hikerchick 03-26-2007 04:42 PM

Groovy Fran! I am so excited for you. I think you will really enjoy yourself.

Lydia227 03-26-2007 06:43 PM

:woohoo: Fran :woohoo:

Isn't so much fun!! I was thinking about you this morning while I did my little run too. The flank thing bothers me too but it's not as bad as it was when I first started and I think you also get used to a little movement there. :lol:

:hug: I'm just so excited for you.:hug:

elisa822 03-26-2007 07:24 PM

You know, if only I could not let my eating to so much on the weekends, I would actually lose some weight! ;)

Anyway, started the week off well with a spinning class today. It's only my second one and I already think I might be starting to like it. I must though get out for a run tomorrow. I think the weather might even hold up for me.

And Lydia - this is one of my goals too! I've been holding off on getting a couple of personal training sessions for many reasons. I'm nervous about not knowing for sure what I want or whether I an even work out with someone "right there" staring at me. And the money is most certainly an issue too. It's still right there in my mind though, so who knows? Maybe someday soon.

Fran - it's funny what you said about the legs boucing though. I hadn't thought about it for a while but the first couple of times that I tried the running, it really bothered me too. So now I'm wondering if my legs have gotten more toned over the past few months or I've gotten used to it. Maybe a bit of each. Anyway, I'm sure it will get better. Keep trying and see if you still like it. Having the 5k goal kept me motivated and now that's no big deal for me. And invest in a good bra? ;) Without getting too personal, I used to need to wear two bras until I finally found a really good one. I wear the Champion Action Shape and it's so good that I don't need anything else. Hope you don't mind me saying that.

And yay Cindy on the smaller pants....that was the same NSV as I had last week and it feels so good!

Hi to everyone. I hope you all had a great Monday!

:D