3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight and Resistance Training (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training-80/)
-   -   The Chat-Check In Thread March 15 - April!, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training/107341-chat-check-thread-march-15-april-2007-a.html)

tikanique 03-21-2007 09:05 AM

Hi all,

I have a tewwible cowld!!! I dreamed that my daughter's wival cheer team was twying to twick me into missing my gym time this AM so I hopped up, popped dwugs and went to the gym before I even registered how sick I am. I was worried about blowing nose bubbles so instead of running on the twack I opted for the dwedmill instead because it has places to stash Kleenex. I did 2.5 miles combo walking inclines and running and then lowered weights and form checked my shoulders. Now they are hurting along with my biceps, head, legs and neck. I'm going home no later than noon for rest and drugs.

Tiki

sportmom 03-21-2007 09:30 AM

OK, so Tiki, you know you are totally spending too much time at cheer competitions, right? Either that, or your high fever is speaking to you! I know all about the day long dreaded events from swim meets, but I never dream about the swimmers coming after me!! LOL Take care of yourself!

shananigans 03-21-2007 10:06 AM

Tiki – good for you going to the gym with a cold! I’ve been feeling a bit under myself since yesterday afternoon. Something settling in my chest and a bit of a cough, now and then I’m getting “hot flashes” (no, not those kind. At least I hope not, it seems a bit early for those to start!). I am feeling a little panicky about work here, it’s a new job and I feel like I need to prove I can handle this big event and that taking this long weekend (planned before I was hired) will not interfere.

Sadly I think I’m going to have go light on the workouts and do damage control in the diet department until the crazy is over. April 2 I’ll be back with a plan and sticking to it.

Gotta get back to work, just popping in to say “hi”.

WaterRat 03-21-2007 02:11 PM

Morning! At last, the cold weather has taken a breather. I got up this am and went to the check the thermometer to see if I needed to plug in the car - and voila! - it was 20! (I know, I'm nuts) Of course, it's supposed to snow 3-4" by tomorrow, but right now (10 am) it's just very overcast, with nothing falling from the sky. :)

Shannon, hope the big event goes well. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Tiki - Had that code myself. It's a nasty one. Good for you getting to the gym in spite of it. Take some good drugs!

Fran, I love love love your new picture! You are making such good progress!

Rabbit - feeling better today?

I did about 40 minutes on the treadmill last night (swapped machines midway so no accurate measurement of time/miles, but enough). I tried to start week 3 of the Couch to 5K, but the longer run segment kicked my butt. I did it, but could not recover enough in the scheduled time to do the rest of the (shorter) running segments. So I walked, playing with speed and incline and still had my heartrate up nicely. Best news is that so far the running is not bothering my knees. I'm quite anxious to run outdoors where I can adjust my speed without pushing frantically on the controls of a treadmill. :lol:

:wave: Have a great day.

nelie 03-21-2007 02:36 PM

Rabbit - I'm glad you enjoy the roomba. My cat loves the roomba so much we have to hide it or next thing we know is we hear it turn on and start vacuuming. Last night, I took it out to charge and it only took a second for me to turn my back and for it to be off and running.

I've been in lurk mode a lot. I've been struggling for months but I'm trying to get back. It is a slow process right now. I love weights, I shouldn't avoid them. I even love my elliptical and I shouldn't avoid that. I love eating well and I shouldn't avoid that. Mental games is all it is.

4rabbit 03-21-2007 03:07 PM

Hi LWL,

Nelie- fun story about the cat & the roomba! My cat is not sure yet what it is, so it treats it with extreme caution!

I did a lot of damage control today. The morning was reasonably OK, I took in a power class, but the afternoon was not good. I was too tired, had a dispute with DS, and ended up very teary, even after a nap. Things are OK again, but I sure feel the aftermath of too much load in the last weeks. Unfortunately foodwise the afternoon was bad both yesterday & today. Small NSV is that I did notice that I was on the slippery slope unto longer trouble, and I did manage to sidetrack myself, even if i did not manage to keep the food within bounds.

Tomorrow is a new day,

Rabbit

sportmom 03-21-2007 05:32 PM

Hi everyone, just have to share a cute story. Last nite I was "playing" in my closet again, trying to figure out how much longer until my largest suit will fit me again, and if it will be in time for some upcoming meetings. I tried it on in front of the mirror and in view of dd, 7, who was in my bed, reading. She looked up from her book and said, "Mommy, you look so skinny in that outfit! You need to stop wearing those baggy clothes."

Priceless. It really must be true if a SEVEN YEAR OLD notices..........:lol:

hikerchick 03-21-2007 06:37 PM

Fran that is such a cute story and really quite a NSV. If you want to get a real good honest opinion ... ask a kid. They just don't know how to be polite. It is a good reality check.

Mel 03-21-2007 08:14 PM

Fran, that's a fantastic story! Have you by-passed most of your closet at this point?

Tiki- Eek, you sound terrible! Don't forget to wipe down that treadmill :tread: I've been living in fear of all the sneezing and stomach viruses going around. Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Pat- Yay for spring :sunny: :rofl: When does it actually get warm?

Hi Shan- You sound incredibly busy! Just keep on doing the best you can.

Rabbit :hug:

nelie- I think the hardest thing is to "get the spark" again. Just put on your shoes and do it. Forget about motivation, just make a list, write down WORKOUT and have the satisfaction of crossing it off when you are done. Sometimes small victories are the hardest won.

I had the weirdest muscle pull/spasm I've ever had today. I was getting onto a stability ball on my knees (which I've done plenty of times before) and some deeply buried ab started to cramp or spasm. I landed on the floor in a fetal position in more pain than I've ever had in my life. Honestly, if it had been in my chest I'm sure it would have been a heart attack :( By the time another trainer got over to me, it was gone. Weird. The area kind of aches like a cramped calf muscle the next day, but that's it. Very weird and I hope it never happens again. I thought I might be dying.

Didn't stop me from eating dinner, 'tho;)

Totally clean food for 2 weeks! Yay me!

Mel

nelie 03-21-2007 09:33 PM

Mel - Thank you for your encouragement. It helped me get off the couch tonight and get on the elliptical. I did 25 minutes on the elliptical.

The only problem is now that I can watch tv and exercise at the same time, sometimes there is food mentioned/shown. I was watching V is for Vendetta. Well they showed something I've never had "Egg in a Basket". I had to try it so I got out my whole grain bread and one of my eggs and attempted to make it. It didn't turn out as glorious as on tv but it tasted pretty good and was a good after workout snack. Of course did I really need an after workout snack if I was only doing the elliptical? probably not :)

elisa822 03-21-2007 09:36 PM

So today I tried my first spinning class (not too bad - great cardio workout) and then after work I went to a power class. A bit crazy :dizzy: maybe but it was fun! My quads were tired in the power class so I just lowered the weights from normal. Let's see if I can work tomorrow! ;)

Tiki - I hope you feel better soon. Since I have been working out regularly, I have (thankfully) not had to deal with being sick...yet. And I know how hard it can be to get back into it. Don't push too hard if you're not feeling well. As we all say, listen to your body.

Nelie - good luck finding your motivation again. Just try to do something, anything at all and you'll probably feel better.

Off to get some sleep.

:D

nelie 03-21-2007 09:38 PM

elisa - I have yet to try spinning. I guess the idea of my booty on those small bike seat scares me.

tikanique 03-22-2007 07:39 AM

Nelie, I'm with you on the fear of that small seat stuck up my large behind!! And we all know how it feels to fall off the wagon and then chasing it trying to get back on. BUT you can do it. You've already started cause you are still posting here and you worked out last night.

HR did you give your daughter a big hug??? That was a great story!

Mel, your spasm sounds horrific. I also hope that doesn't happen to you again. And yes, I sprayed and wiped and wiped and sprayed that treadmill like I was getting ready to put it in a room full of babies. No sense in sharing my cooties with anyone else.

Rabbit, good job re-directing yourself. Don't let life get you too wound up. Only person it hurts is you.

My head is no longer hurting but my nose is stopped up and it burns (go figure) My muscles are sore from the past few days workouts. Today is supposed to be a cardio only day but I may just lay about instead. We will see what my nose tells me.

Tiki

elisa822 03-22-2007 07:42 AM

Nelie - I'll be honest with you...the seat's not great! ;) For the first few minutes I thought I might not make it but I guess I got a bit more comfortable. I'm feeling it a bit today and I'm sure I would feel it more if I tried to sit on a bike right now but I think it will be fine! Some people wear padded bike shorts or use those gel seat covers so if you're ever going to try it, that might help. When you're feeling up to it, it's worth a try...I'd say one of the best cardio/leg workouts.

Oh, and my legs are a bit sore but not too bad considering. Was not rewarded on the scale for my efforts but I'm just assuming it's a delayed reaction. :D

nelie 03-22-2007 09:45 AM

I'm feeling pretty good this morning. I just finished my snack of 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree. I was also avoiding cottage cheese for a while but it is great stuff.

Hope everyone is doing well :)