Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 10:56 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

hi backatcha Fru. DD has never been a skinny minny - she is a little stack of muscles from all the gymnastics and cheering. During the cheer season she got teased for being so muscular but I keep telling her muscle is da BOMB and she is blessed to have her dad's build (he's also very muscular) instead of mine. I keep telling her when I grow up I want to look like her.

How are you doing? What have you tried new? I'm mega bored with my routine and am looking to shake things up a bit.

Tiki
Old 01-16-2007, 10:57 AM   #32  

Hi LWL,

Hi Tiki- glad to see you back ! WTG on your daughter not gaining weight! maybe she could workout with you? I try to with my DD, but it does not always work out well.

I'm sore from power class yesterday. Plan to do a dave draper workout tomorrow!

Have a great day all,
Rabbit
Old 01-16-2007, 11:25 AM   #33  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

New is one-legged squat (the best exercise you're not doing thread), also Bootstrappers (not weight bearing, but fun and aches your hams!) - hands on the floor, bent legs, then straighten up to touching toes position, then bend legs back down repeat lots. Also bear walks are fun (hands and feet walking) and bunny hops. I'm also looking at car-pushing next time I go somewhere suitable with a person with a car!!!! I keep thinking I could hoodwink one of the guys at work to push their car, but they already think I'm weird, this would confirm their fears!
Old 01-16-2007, 11:40 AM   #34  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey gals, how's everyone doing?

I'm a bit down in the dumps about a food mutiny at home - just when was feeling all thankful of DF for being supportive of my efforts this year, he balked at dinner Sunday night, because of the ground turkey it, and last night, because the "cod was rubbery". Well excuse me, I made cod because you said you liked it and would eat it, and it *is* a firm fish, so yes, perhaps you'd interpret that as being "rubbery". So, two nights in a row he didn't eat, after my spending time in the kitchen. That really steams me! And now he says he won't eat anything made with ground turkey, so I'd better not try to sneak it in. Fine - feed yourself!

Sorry, I just had to vent....

I'm in a mood, so I won't post much more - just wanted to pop in and say "Hi!"
Cindy
Old 01-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #35  

You should slap him with the skillet!

Fru, my jaw dropped to my keyboard when I read pushing cars! I bet the guys at work would think you are crazy! I like the bootstrappers. My mom has been looking for leg exercises as well so I'll send this her way too.

Thanks.

Tiki
Old 01-16-2007, 11:54 AM   #36  
aka Superwoman!

You mean you can't push cars???

I used to push start my Mum's little Renault 5 when I was 16!!! I could almost push it with my feet out of the drivers door when I got old enough to drive it - but then we are talking about a small hatchback titchy vehicle. I suppose you US gals with your honking gas guzzling SUVs probably would struggle (kidding) You could start with a Smart Car a la Krista! I can't wait to get car pushing!
Old 01-16-2007, 01:55 PM   #37  
Mel

Ah FRU, we'd have so much fun together! We flip tractor tires, pull weight sleds, pull and push cars and jeeps at the gym Our latest "training tool" came from the sale aisle at Home Depot- a sledge hammer. We time clients hitting a tire for 30 seconds-rest for 15 seconds-hit left handed for 30 seconds. Boy is it hard!

Mel
Old 01-16-2007, 06:15 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

(((hmm, seriously rethinking this trip up north to train with Mel.....hmmmm))))
Old 01-17-2007, 02:36 AM   #39  

Hi LWL,

Fru- I like the bootstraps. I also put the 1 legged squat on my list, they are fun to do ! I'll try the bear walk & bootstraps with DD, as she really has very short hamstrings!

Mel - I really had to smile when i envisage you 7 clients pushing cars around the parking lot in a private tranining session!! Do you people work out for ironman contests ?

have agreat day,
rabbit
Old 01-17-2007, 04:12 AM   #40  
aka Superwoman!

Oh that sounds so COOL! I'm trying to find a gym that does stuff like that round these parts - I even put it on my myspace page but no-one's seen it yet!

I've got my Brown belt test on Sat 27th Jan. And I'm going to take Mum and Dad along to watch, so NO PRESSURE!
Old 01-17-2007, 08:08 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I can't believe how much 'sloth' has effected my recovery time. I've got tri's ache from scraping ice off my car yesterday, my thighs are still a nice reminder of Monday. I'm not working today (I'm not coming, don't call, I'm not doing it) so I have lots of free time ... hmm ... I guess I'll do abs. Maybe a core type thing .... and cardio.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:27 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh missed something Tiki said ... I like the cardio ticker too. I could sit here almost all day, clicking new posts and adoring the idea of slim fitness But if I see that ticker once in a while, it reminds me that I actually have to DO something about it. And I'm prideful enough to enjoy moving it.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:18 AM   #43  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Cindy - Bonk that man in the head with a frying pan!

DH and I are disagreeing about what time we need to go to bed right now. He thinks that I should go to bed before him but I can't sleep well (at all) until he goes to sleep. I want to wake up early and exercise and he has no desires to wake up before 8am. Also, it usually takes us about an hour between deciding to go to bed and actually going to bed. All I want is to be in bed shortly after 10pm.

Anyway, I woke up at 6:30 this morning and exercised my booty off. I did upper body weights and then I did 23 minutes on the elliptical followed by some stretching. I feel pretty good. I like exercising in the morning better than at night so that is my goal right now.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:49 AM   #44  

That sounds straight CRAZY! sledge hammers and pushing cars? I bet the people at my gym would LOVE it.

Good job Nelie on getting up and working out this AM. 10PM sounds like a good bedtime, so I hope you and hubby can achieve it. My goal bedtime is 10:30 but I've missed it more than hit it lately. I was up last night til 1AM but thanks to the new kitten in my life I was back up at 5AM for a workout. YAWN!!!! Darn cat!

Tiki.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:30 PM   #45  
Mel

Tiki So glad to see you back!

Nelie- my dh and I have been argueing about bedtimes for 28 years now. The only thing that keeps us remotely in synch is having to get up early enough to make sure my son get to school. He has to leave at 6:50 I'm much more an early to be-sort of early to rise, and he's a night owl. Good luck!

FRU-Good Luck (we know it's not luck- you work your a$$ off!) on the Brown Belt. Yup, one of our trainers does strong man comps. He's very young but quite entertaining. We all love to incoporate all sorts of wacko training techniques. More fun for the clients and the trainers. Functional stregnth is also a heck of a lot more useful than just sculpted biceps.

SusanB- Get yourself moving, lady! You know that sloth leads to bigger sloth.

Shoulders and cardio done. Shoulders are my only boring workout because I'm afraid of injury. Seen the aftermath of that too many times. We have a set of gymnast rings (another gym toy) that are great for YOUNG shoulders. Mine aren't young, they just think they are

Keep it clean!

Mel
Closed Thread