Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 01:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I could drive up to philly for a LWL training day! Let's see, the weekend after Easter, that would be April 14. lydia, nelie, fran, fru, and if lydia's coming she can pick up meg in p'burgh........
Old 01-15-2007, 03:14 PM   #17  

hi LWL,

Mel - I've treated myself to curls in my hair, this has nothing to do with my biceps! And I really love my new look in the mirror!

I'm sore from lifting at home yesterday & the day before, AND I 've been to power class! All that I need now is the scale to go down...

Thanks for the dave draper workout. I've printed it out and I'm going to try that soon! Especially the pull-up thing sounds just like a good way to finally get myself to do chin-ups (these are my dream target for 2007)

Have a great day all,

Rabbit
Old 01-15-2007, 07:17 PM   #18  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Mel - I am very familiar with the area that you used to live at in Toronto. I grew up in North York and I know the city pretty well so what made you move away? I'm such a home girl that I can't really see myself ever leaving. And I do love the big city...so much to do!

Lydia - I need to know if you ended up watching Million Dollar Baby. I would have never recommended it, but that's only because I am such a baby that I cried so hard and found it just to sad for me. I'm a sucker that way... I've been known to tear up at a really good commercial!

I just have to say it again...stupid scale! I've been working out really hard, and being pretty good with the food and the scale will not move. Well it does move but it's up or down the same 2-3 lbs. It's not stopping me from working out but it sucks a bit.

Tried out my new running shoes today and they seemed good, which is a relief. I'm always worried that they'll feel good in the store and then hurt when you really get going.

So I did 3.5km today (good for me, I'm still learning ) and a small UBWO. Oh yes, and then I had to shovel the first snow/freezing rain of the year and that kicked my you know what! It was really heavy. So for tomorrow? Who knows!
Old 01-15-2007, 07:52 PM   #19  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

FRU: The Muppets sing about a tattoo lady?! I missed that one. Really, it's okay though. If DH hears it he will add it to his repertoire.

FRAN: Weekend after Easter. Hmmmm. Looking at the calendar. Looks clear from here.

ELISA: Congrats on your run today. Sounds like a small UBWO turned into a warm up for the applied workout of shoveling later in the day.

FRU/ELISA: I haven't picked up the movie yet. I'm going to the library tomorrow to see if I can borrow it. So it's a tear jerker. Okay. I'll steel myself for the sad scenes and keep DH close by. He owes me anyway. He chose to watch Sin City last night. Geesh. Lets just say it was a little dark. He seemed to enjoy it though.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:17 PM   #20  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Lydia - my husband loves Sin City - must be a man thing. Knowing how I am with the tear jerkers, he had seen The Notebook on an airplane and pretty much "forbid" me to see it! He said that I wouldn't survive that one. So far I've listened but it's taped on my DVR and I keep thinking maybe one day!
Old 01-15-2007, 09:05 PM   #21  
Kallos Sthenos

ELISA: Ooh, I just saw The Notebook recently.

I had completely forgotten what the movie was about when I picked it up. I really enjoyed it. I think it turned out to me one of my favorites. It left me feeling kind of melancholy but I would still watch it again.

Sin City is certainly a man thing. Nuff said.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:43 PM   #22  

Ugh, I watched the Notebook while working out and was literally boo-hoo crying on the treadmill. Now THAT'S a site!! I had MDBaby on my list from netflix, but then read some of the reviews which said it was heavy, dark and not a happy ending. Immediately struck it from my list! I only watch while I exercise, so it CANNOT be depressing or it will outdo all the endorphins!
Old 01-15-2007, 09:58 PM   #23  
Mel

MDBaby is a GREAT movie, tho! Yes, it's dark and sad, but do try to fit in it. Besides, Hillary Swank did an AMAZING job of building a great body for that movie. Her shoulders are incredible. The ending is very sad, it would make for a messy treadmill session!

Elisa- I grew up in southeastern PA, so moving was going home for me. I did love living there and working in the city- I worked in the Toronto Star Building across from the CN Tower, and then later for a small company that rented office space in the Park Plaza Hotel (quit snickering girls- I wrote software for the Toronto Stock Exchange!). I wanted to be nearer my family, and when we left Canada was in a major recession and jobs were scarce. And DH hates the winters even though he was the one who grew up there. BTW, I always have the same fear with new running shoes. Glad yours worked.

Did legs and 45 minutes of elliptical day. I must not have worked all that hard because they aren't sore....hmmmm... someone needs to come push ME. Or doing that much cardio "erased" the soreness???

G'night!

Mel
Old 01-16-2007, 04:18 AM   #24  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I like Sin City - I like the way it's shot in black and white. It's gruesome but cool! MDBaby is a complete blubber fest at the end, but it is great - and ditto what Mel said about Hilary Swank! It will make you want to box!

I did abs, chest press, plyometric thingies and 10 minutes of lame cardio. I just wasn't feeling up to it yesterday. Today I'm going to get some intervals on the elliptical going after SQUATS and calf raises - yes it's LEG DAY

I've found some quite delightful food to eat today even though the cupboards are bare! I've got cottage cheese with ryvitas, cottage cheese pancakes and a turkey burger with sugar snap peas. I don't think that's doing badly considering the fridge is empty! Unfortunately I've run out of apples so I might have to nip to the shop to get some at lunch.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:35 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I did legs yesterday and they do ache this morning. A warning about laying off for a couple of weeks methinks. I'm a bit surprised how quickly they deteriorated ... a bit fickle of me considering for how many years I've been rootin' little old ladies out of bed to keep up their strength.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:25 AM   #26  
aka Superwoman!

I am ROCKIN' those squats! YEAH BABY! 62.5kg!!!! A new record! And I'm well ahead of my estimated progress for squating 150% bodyweight for next year!
Old 01-16-2007, 09:43 AM   #27  
Kallos Sthenos

Way to go with the squats FRU! You really are going to do this!

Squats are THE BEST! I always felt really invincible after a great squat session. Lunges and Squats, Squats and Lunges....
Old 01-16-2007, 09:53 AM   #28  

Fru, I watched a kickboxing class at the Y over the weekend and all I can say is YOOOOOUCH! That's some serious sparring! One kid started crying in the back of the room during it too! I couldn't see him, could only hear the crying and see the instructor run back out of view to him. There were no weenies there - they were all like 12 and up, and mostly adults. It was quite intimidating!!
Old 01-16-2007, 10:45 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Happy belated New Year All. Just thought I'd check in, read up on who's here and how everyone's doing. SuB, I like the cardio ticker. I've never seen a ticker set up like that before.

Mel, I'd be afraid to come and push you cause you would push back and there I would go, tumbling across the gym floor on my tushy!

DD's cheer season ended the last week of October and she hasn't exercised since, but I've been monitoring her food intake, insisting on breakfast and keeping the amount of snacks (read junk) in the house to a minimum. She went to a party this weekend with her former teammates and she is the only girl that hasn't gained weight. She complained about my controlling her eating but after seeing her teammates, she was all smiles and thank yous. I keep telling her Mommy knows best but she keeps trying to question me. Go figure.

Peace out!

Tiki
Old 01-16-2007, 10:52 AM   #30  
aka Superwoman!

Hi tiki! Nice coaching with your DD - I bet she's so glad she's still a skinny minnie after taking the holidays off.
Closed Thread