Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-06-2006, 07:39 PM   #106  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone!

I want to join the 12 week challenge, too, even though I'm a week late. By the time this challenge ends my brother will be getting married and I'm supposed to be a bridesmaid. Sadly, instead of losing lately I feel like I keep getting fatter!

So, is everyone doing low carb? I'm thinking of going lower carbs/lower fat and calorie counting. I'm not sure!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:00 PM   #107  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Talking Well HELLO!!

Rebel~ Thats what I do. I started out April 24th just under your current weight. I log my food and activities on Fitday. I eat under 1200 calories (not much under), less than 20 fat grams, less than 50 carbs (was lower but with all the exercise I do now I had to up it. I feel FABULOUS! I love your avatar. Are you into make up at all?

Magdie~ I think we all have things in the past regarding weight loss that we are not proud of. Really glad to have you here!

Ladies, you are so sweet with your compliments! Logan says "I know, I know, Its a curse!"

Last edited by Stevi-rocks; 07-06-2006 at 08:12 PM.
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:02 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 230/210/170

Height: 5'8

Hi Rebelgirl! I just joined today so we're both new to the challenge. I'm trying to eat in moderation and exercise 4 times a week. I did the low carb diet 3 years ago and quickly lost 60 Ibs, but I have gained it all and more since. I'm just trying not to eat empty sugar, but I don't want to completely deprive myself. Eating in moderation is difficult for me bacuse I either don't eat at all or binge all the time. I can't get myself to stay in the middle.
Good luck to you! You must be getting excited about the wedding! I'm going to a wedding this Sat, and it's been a source of a lot of stress. The only 'nice' dress that I got a year ago doesn't fit me and I was hoping I'll get it to fit, but it looks like I'll have to go shopping tomorrow. I don't like shopping for big clothes! Hopefully, I won't need them much longer.
Take care!
magdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:00 AM   #109  
We're TTC!!

Stevi- Thanks! I totally ADORE makeup! Do you, too? WOW, your weightloss is incredible! Congratulations on your hard work and thanks for a few ideas on cal/fat/carb guidelines that you stick to. Sometimes it's just so hard to know what to do. If you don't mind me asking, what are some things that you eat at your meals? I think breakfast is the hardest for me to figure out! Oh, and diet aside...your little boy is a total DOLL!

Magdie- It's great to have another newbie, lol. I've been in your position, too. Lost, then gained weight. For me it doesnt matter what kind of plan I do, I just have to get it through my head that its a lifestyle change, not diet. I hear ya with stressing about a dress. That's where I'm at, too. When I got married 2 years ago I was nowhere near my ideal weight, but I refuse to be this fat at another wedding!
Old 07-07-2006, 01:01 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 160/142/130

Thanks, Magdie. Today is my son's birthday. He is 23; I can't believe how the time goes by. He'll be glad to hear that you put his site in your favorites. I have a problem eating in moderation, too. If the food is there, I will eat and eat. The only way for me to avoid this is not eat at all. For example, if I go to a mexican restaurant, I can keep from eating the chips and salsa. But once I put one chip in my mouth, I'll eat them until they are gone. It's all or nothing for me. Wish I could use some constraint.

Welcome, Rebel. I have only been here a few days, too. It's because of this thread that I joined. So far, the support has been wonderful.
spunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:18 AM   #111  

Default My secrets...Muuu hahaha!

Rebel~ For breakfast (most recently I had to change it) I have concocted a protein shake from some of the recipes here..Its delish if you like chocolate...
Ice (der), 2 Tbl spoons dutch CoCo (unsweetened), 1/2 cup skim milk, 4 packets of spenda, 1/4 (roughly) fat free or low fat (it doesn't have much to begin with)ricotta cheese, Vanilla splash, scoop of GNC whey protein in no flavor,Vanilla, choc ,or berry(my fav is berry tastes like a rasp truffle), blend intil smooth. 225 cal, 4g fat,2g sat fat,18g carb,3g fiber,32g protein. The protien powder is sweetened, so you can use vanilla with fresh strawberries added...or whatever! Before the shake I ate a SB protein bar (usually the peanut butter/choc one) with my morning tea. I'm not that picky at breakfast so it works.

I've been a make up junky for years. I wear false eyelashes. Love Mac, Shishedo, Hard candy, Urbin decay, Smash box. If I dropped dead in Sephora all would be right in my world.

Here's pic ala natural...I'm very plain.
And then after I have worked the magic....
Old 07-07-2006, 08:24 AM   #112  
Aleecia

Good Morning Ladies.

It's Friday!

Rebel-Glad you joined us.

spunky1-I checked out your son's website. Wow! That's some really great work. We'll all cross our fingers that you 2lb loss sticks. Don't you just hate scales. Mine tends to jump around a lot some weeks too.

magdie-Glad to hear things are going ok on your first day. Hang in there. We're all here to support you. I too tend to weigh myself too often. Sometimes its just hard to stay away.

Talk to you all later.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #113  

Good Morning Ladies! It's Friday and my second day of the challenge. I didn't eat too well yesterday but I also didn't overeat and I went to the gym...twice! The first time I went, I left after two minutes on eliptical - I was just not motivated and really didn't want to be there. I got back home mad that I failed and watered the lawn, did some laundry. At 8 pm I decided to give it another try. I drove to the gym again and...had a great workout. I did 50 minutes on eliptical (4.5 miles) I was proud and felt so good about it...when it was over!
Today I feel motivated to eat well and go to the gym after work. I have a wedding to go to tomorrow and I need to go dress shopping during lunch. That might be pretty discouraging. I just can let myself get upset and discouraged by seeing myself in the mirror and trying on 'big' clothes.

Stevie - you look awesome! Love your dark hair! and your boy is adorable

Rebel - thanks for your encouragement. It feels really good to know that there are people out there who understand and share your experiences. I got married two years ago in Sep. but I was 50 Ibs lighter then. I'll be pretty happy if I can get back to that weight. And you have plenty of time to look fabulous for your brother's wedding. This challenge came at a perfect time!

Spunky - I feel your pain! I'm the same exact way - I either eat no chips or I inhale a whole bag...family size. I totally understand you!

Angel - thanks for the words of encouragement!

Good luck to everyone today! And thanks for your support!
Talk to you all soon!
Old 07-07-2006, 03:41 PM   #114  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Hi ladies. I haven't been on in a couple of days. Been staying busy with cleaning the house. I am seriously PMS'ing so I am not even going to try getting on the scale tomorrow for my weigh-in. When I PMS, I have to have soda and I've been overdoing it some. I've been debating back and forth with myself as to whether I am going to do South Beach or not. I don't want to feel like I am depriving myself of anything or else I won't stick with it. I have until next week to make a decision since that is when I do my big food shopping.

Anyway, to all you newbies.

Stevi - You look awesome. Wish I knew how to do my makeup so well. I'm not half bad but definitely not as good as you.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:48 PM   #115  

So, I went shopping and it was a total disaster. Nothing fit, I l felt fat, the stores only carry this much stuff in size 18. I got frustrated and left. I'll try tomorrow before the wedding. I guess when I'm desperate I will have to find something.
I didn't get down because of my size - still going strong!
Old 07-07-2006, 07:21 PM   #116  
We're TTC!!

Magdie- Sorry that you didn't find anything that worked for you. Lately, I HATE clothing shopping. Some clothes look so cute on the rack or on other plus-sized girls...on me...blech!! You'll have those 50 lbs off before you know it, by the way!

Stevi- You are gorgeous, girl! I'm very plain without my "face" on. You look like a rockstar/movie star on your second pic! I love your eye and lip colors!
Oh and thanks for the smoothie idea! That sounds so yummy!

Tracey- I'm like you. I keep thinking of going back to South Beach, but I also never really stick with it too long. I like it. I think it's very healthy and I lost quickly, but I can never get Phase 2 right. Good luck to you in whatever you choose!
Old 07-07-2006, 08:59 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 183.5/183.5/140

Hi all,

Another day, another cookie.... sigh, why do I keep putting stuff in my mouth? But still, it is much less now that I am becoming aware, and I know it is a process, and I HAVE been out walking more. I just want the weight to be GONE now, now, NOW! And I had a wicked migraine all day..... waaah. waaah.

O.K. My regression to two-year-old land is over for now.

It has been rainy here in Northern Arizona for two days, an unusual event, but welcome, and much easier exercise weather. So tonight I will walk again.

fitgal - yup, those ARE great muscles, wouldn't mind having them myself!

magdie - Welcome, I think this is such a great bunch, too! Bad news about the dress. I'm in a rural area, we only recently got a Lane Bryant store, before that there was no place to buy clothes here. I know it's a horrible feeling to need something and not have any options at all!

Rebel - A big welcome to you, too!

Tracey - I just got over the whole PMS thing, it always wreaks havoc with my plans. Hang in there, you'll feel better soon!

Stevie - Love that picture you posted - yesterday, was it? Wish I knew how to work your magic with makeup, somehow missed those lessons in my life and know I could look better..... I don't wear any, don't know how to put it on, so I know I just sort of fade into the woodwork.

Hope everyone is doing well today and feeling good.

Stacy

Last edited by sastubbs; 07-07-2006 at 09:11 PM.
sastubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:38 PM   #118  

Aww shucks! You gals are so sweet with the compliments. I'm an artist so its sorta cheating. But Lil Logan Is al natural!
Had Sushi last night and saw Superman...OMG that is the lOUDEST movie EVER! Secial effects are really cool. Dialogue left alot to be desired...especially Kevin Spacy, mostly cuz I just love him. Sushi was REALLY good. I did ok with plan No rice (except what lil bit is on a rainbow roll) sea bass with miso sauce and brought most of that home. 2 glasses of champange (another fav) TOM is almost here and I totally feel it. I won't weigh again til prolly next Mon. I'm gonna "fast" on protein shakes today (Oh Lord give me strenghth) cuz of TOM and last night. Gonna Powerwalk ( showed DH what power walking looks like last night...he was rollin'!) 4 miles today and do my belly, butt ,and thighs tape Uggg!
Magdie~ Congrats on you new "gym rat" status! LOL Great work on that eliptical! You rock! 215/5'8" and an 18? Where you shoppin?
Tracey~ Feelin' your pain with TOM. Way back when I used to give myself extra time before going out to try/practice new techniques.
Rebel~ He he "moviestar" Your silly...I do sing lead in a rock coverband though!
Stacy~ Just start off slow...lil mascara, lip gloss, then eyeshadow maybe a lil liner...take your time and experiment. The worst is when everybody notices you wearing make up and won't shut up about it..I get the opposite now...If I don't wear it I get "are you sick?" Be patient with your body...you have all the time you need to get where you wanna go.

SB chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are great! 100 calories 17 carbs ( I think) I don't eat them often (the calories are kinda empty)
Old 07-08-2006, 06:47 PM   #119  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Quote:
Sunnigummi - Did you go to the gym last night?
This was Thursday night and YES I DID!!! Yay for me!!!

I was planning on taking Friday off, but my awesome mom said "we're going to the park for a walk!" and ay, we did. We walked two rounds, which is almost 6 miles.

I went this morning too and OH MY GOSH, I just found out that I lost a pound this morning - WHOOT! By the end of July, I hope to be a sweet and svelte 160. Ok not svelte, but a smaller moi.

*love* your drawing Stevi, you're such a good artist!

Jaya - no pics lately, what's up?

Magdie - I'm a little late to the party, but don't get discouraged! It will come in time.

sastubbs - One cookie does not a bad day make! I ate a turkey hotdog with a slice of WHITE bread today, how bad do *I* feel? But whatever, I wanted it and my craving's over now.

See y'all tomorrow!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:53 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 230/230/160

Height: 5'

Hey everyone, just joined the forum and I hope I can join the challenge. I am not new to low carb, just quit following it and all the weight came back!

My goals are to drink my water
give up diet soda
no frankenfoods!!
and exercise everyday
maggers65 is offline   Reply With Quote