Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-17-2004, 11:29 PM   #61  
Oooo Silly Me!

April!!!!!!!!!!! I love that picture!! Heheheh so colorful! Nice to put a face to the posts as well

BTW When I said I gained my weight back that I may have loss during the stress of finals... I think the scale lied Because I weighed myself this morning and I'm still what I was before... 356lbs Strange. Not that I'm cokmplaining LOL You know I even went so far as to trace my feet onto the scale LOL because it seems like everytime I step on it I get a different weight depending on where I stand... does that sound right or have I been standing in the sun to long? Either way I'm happy That still means I have 6lbs to loose by my birthday actually I wanna loose it before I leave for the vacation I am taking for my birthday hehehe... Lets see, 6lbs in eww 9 days. Okie well I guess that might be a hard one. Lets just make this my goal. Not to gain any weight while on vacation. That's a better one LOL.

Okie guys I'm out for the night. Love you all and keep up the good work!

Huggerz...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 12:39 AM   #62  

Default picture

as soon as i can get my daughter to help i will see if i can post a pic. im really not too computer smart. lol any i will see if she can help. i had a good weigh in tonight -2 3/4 after 2 weeks......we missed last week weigh in for an area meeting. all is going pretty good so i will keep on doing what im doing till it stops working then try something else.

hope you all are doing ok this week and keep up the good work. i will be going up to the lake this weekend so probably wont be back on here till sunday night.

Talk to you LIGHTER!!
Peg
bearzy2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 05:51 AM   #63  
Oooo Silly Me!

I figured since I was up I would do a little confession...to ease my mind.

Okie...

I'm a bit upset with myself. I was flipping nad floppingin bed so what do I do? Come outside see if there's anyone on to talk with. Of course everyone is asleep... well sigh... I dunno what came over me. I popped in one of the kids tv dinners and I plopped in front of the TV and ate. Sigh... a lot of things going on right now. My grandmother is having a hard time with getting around, my Godmother has been put on diability for her legs so she's having a hard time getting around, my aunt who came out here last week is upset with her son for not being divorced and seeing another person, altho he and his wife have been separated two years... no excuse I know. Then tonight we've grounded the kid from going to her school dance because of some irresponsible acts and she hates us and we're unfair and she never wants to speak to us again. Responsibility flies out the window when shes with her friends. She's getting to that age of where if we don't grab hold of her we may loose her. Middle School, Teenage years... OY! Now my mom is not talking to my dad and fathers day is coming up and Uggg I just remembered I forgot to mail out my father's day card to my God Father. I'm on a roll I tell ya. It's been a stressful day... and now I've got tv dinner to add to the "What the heck am I suppose to do" list. To top it all off, the kids computer is fried, her harddrive died, and now my computer is acting up. I'm doing all kinds of upgrades and scans and de-frags and what not... for those of you who have me on your buddy list, yes, that's me popping on and off... on and off... my silly attempt to fix what's wrong. I'm just gonna format and install XP and get it over with. Well, not now anyways. **Think Happy Thoughts** eeek!

At least I can say one thing... I'm depressed, but this is nothing compared to the major depression spells I've been through... I'm just upset that I let my stomach and mouth get the best of me. OY! I hope this didn't kill any of the work I have been doing...

Okie enough whining... I'm off to bed again. Tommorrow I'm going to try to reduce my calories to make up for my self-destruction. I think I'm okie now that I've gotten things off my chest.

Goodness, what a depressing way to start a thread... I hope I don't depress anyone... It was therapy heheh...

Sniffle... ni ni everyone
Old 06-18-2004, 08:09 AM   #64  

hi all,

i am going to put an add in the paper that reads....

WANTED ..HIGH TECH CLOTHES RACK
AKA..TREADMILL.

maybe someone will want to get rid of their unused tredmill and i can get one so i can start walking more. i deffinetly would not hang clothes on it. i dont know about an ellptical ...does it take much knee movement as in climbing stairs? we have a basement and i cant even climb the stairs from bottom to top without my right knee hurting so bad that i have to stop and go one leg at a time left leg first. 44 and have arthrits already. maybe losing this extra weight will help as far as the knee goes. anyway i hope you all are doing good and i hope this weekend is not too challenging for sticking to plan.

Talk to you LIGHTER!!!
Peg
bearzy2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 09:21 AM   #65  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Morning Chicks....

Sue Marie....seems your alot like me in the emotional eating department, when I'm upset or worried I have found myself in the kitchen or in front of the tv with some kind of something in my hand and no idea how it got there,and then I eat it...or sometimes I end up with it in my stomach before I fully realize what I have done and then the guilt sets in.

What is helping me now is to make a commitement to myself that I will allow the emotion in and feel it, look at it and then write in my book how I feel about it,... that I want to run into the kitchen and get into my "food fog" but I'm not going to let the emotion monster win.

Those are the hardest times, you just want to "escape" and just like an alcoholic uses booze and a junkie uses drugs...we use food...it "comforts us" gets our mind off things...pushes back the emotions for a little while...its our "friend"....
Well it's not our friend, not the food we eat when we are upset...heck you didn't go in and grab carrots and celery...you went for the crap, thats what we do to actually "punish" ourselves in a subconsciouse way.

We punish ourselves for not being able to "deal", there is alot of guilt and we feel that since we are not up to the challenges of everyday life we get comfort and punishment all screwed up in our brains.

My husband is constantly telling me I "deserve" things..love...niceness..kindness...to feel deserving...calmness...nice things...
He knows I need to hear this because of my childhood.

Sweetie you deserve niceness too and because life is throwing all of this at you doesn't mean you deseve to feel guilty, these things are beyond your control,I know you want to run around and fix everything and everybody....but you just CAN"T...everyone has to work through their own stuff, they have to find their own path.
You can support someone without putting your emotions on the line, let them ask you for what they need, then let them go work things out and you continue on your path.
Worrying about the external things you have no control over does nothing but sabatoge you (and occasionally throws an ulcer your way).

You've been trying so hard and when the chips are down and you're up at some unGodly hour with no one to talk to....make a cup of tea, grab your journal and talk to yourself.....you might find a new best friend.
Meet the Sue Marie I am getting to know...I like her, she's pretty damn cool....

Keep on keepin' on,
Loads of hugs to you,
Diane
ralphmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 09:34 AM   #66  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Peg...I had extreme pain in my knees for years...now I load up on the omega's and its getting so much better....there's a book out..I think its called "The Inflammation Solution"..I'll see if my library has it and what its saying, I saw them talking on tv about it and they had a woman diver on there who at 41 was having painful joints and arthritis type pains and she started incorporating more omega 3's 6's and 9's and she's feeling great.
I read about it years ago in an article, and started eating more salmon, walnuts, flaxmeal,avacado etc and the pain is so much better and yes the walking helps also, after you hit 40 bone loss is a big concern, especially if you were not real active in your 30's....so a calcium supplement may help, make sure it has vitamin D in it also and take it at bedtime...for some reason we absorb more calcium when we sleep...dark leafy greens have alot of calcium, and no-fat milk and yogurt are good sourced also...

I'll let you know about the book ...

And the ad in the paper...you know you might get a response, ask for what you need...you just may get it..probably some treadmills out there that start alot of fights.
"you spent all that money on it, now you never use it"..."I swear I'll get rid of it"...
Heck you might save a marriage by taking it off someones hands..lol

diane
Old 06-18-2004, 09:46 AM   #67  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

APRILLPEPPER!!!!!!!
You are beautiful girrrlll!!!
OH I could just look at that smile for a long time.
You must have been happy that day, I see the glow...

Let us know how the weekend goes...lol

You have changed since your first post on 3FC...do you see it???
Go back and read it...and A big change since our first E-mail....you have alot to be proud of....
diane
Old 06-18-2004, 10:14 PM   #68  
one day at a time

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy happy friday to you all

hey ladies...friday evening and i am sitting here on my computer....shows y'all that i have such an exciting life hey!! im rather depressed as i sit here....i was so happy earlier today...work went great....fast like fridays should be.... then i went and signed a lease for my new place...me and the kids are getting a 3 bedroom home my kids are happy...my little 3 year old will finally get her own room....im sure it will be quite an adjustment for her though...we are also going to go out and find a kitty...our apartment would not allow pets...and me and my kids love cats....and i hear that a pet is great stress relief too....which i could definately use....so after we are settled in....we get a furry kitty cat.. im going to be busy with packing and moving these next couple weeks..but will make sure to come on every now and again so you all dont think i dropped off the face of the earth..... well like i said im sitting here alone again....depressed...i have a bottle of some light alcohol in the fridge...am thinking of drinking....ALONE!!! thats awful i know...but im just feel so *&$%#@.....i have been on the verge of tears since i got home....i just went from so happy to so sad i cant shake the sadness either.....i went out to eat with my mom and sister....and the kids...and i saw this little newborn baby.....so adorable.....and i almost cried right there....then my mom who i never even told her that i was pregnant started telling me about her boss at work being pregnant with twins....i wanted this baby so bad you gals....and it hurt so much to lose it....and i still hurt in side from it...i wanted this baby...and now its gone.....and i dont know how to make the hurt stop....and you ladies are the only ones other that the daddy that know about the miscarriage....i never told any family that i was going to have a baby.....im so sorry for rambling....i just need to get it all out....i will be online on and off tonight...i may come back and ramble some more and look for some kind words of advice and support.....im cryying rather hard and need to go for now.....u all take care.....ill be back soon.
aprillpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 01:57 AM   #69  

Height: 5 foot

Hi Everyone

Another Short Post..."Jaymi Style" My day is already shot and wasted, I might as well just say that although, I stayed under calories, exercised, and drank water yesterday, and the day before, I'm not sure if I even deserve to feel good. I'm pretty pis*sed at myself, I have eaten 3 burgers in the last 2 days.... Why reasons/excuses are because:

1. "You cannot eat a stupid salad and drive"
2. "Chicken sandwiches are the same or more calories as burgers"
3. "There is no subway, plus I dont have subway money"

So there, got that out. Today I hadn't eaten anything, until about an hour ago. I called myself fixing some spaghetti with turkey groundmeat....healthy right?!? WRONG!!! I also bought some wheat spaghetti noodle thingys and thought I was doing something....and they have the same calories as the regular ones and more fat!! (well a bout .5 more!! I) But still!!! My dinner totaled 625!!!! Its a good thing I didnt hardly eat today! Guess I won't be eating anymore!! I still havent exercised....but if my daughter goes to sleep before I pass out...or pull all of my hair out... I will still try to do something! Right now I'm sitting here being depressed and upset because MY weigh-in is tomorrow and I have done some stupid things.

BTW, I havent been on here in a while, so I missed ALOT!!! I thought to myself....I am missing all of these beautiful people!!! When I came here, I was complaining about the other threads that I was on, how people mistreated me or just didnt fully accept me...now I'm here leaving crappy posts like this one and all of you are so sweet and nice! What the heck am I doing?!? I know it sounds like a bunch of crock, but I can't seem to have time to complain...and comment!! Either I do one or the other....and seems like the complaining part wins!! Believe it or not, before I left for TX, I wasnt even like that! I'm trying to get back to that place! I will, I just have to keep trying harder and harder! All of you, just give me a little lee-way, and I'll get better!

Oh and did I mention that my crappy AOL always gets cut off in the middle of posts?!? Sometimes I can copy and save it...but sometimes I forget...or sometimes when it freezes my whole frickin computer, I cant do anything! That's why most of the time, the posts are crappy too!! Well I'll try to comment as best as I can for now, gotta get this baby to sleep!!!

Hippiechic- Congrats on your 16 lbs!!! That is sooo not shallow about shopping in the normal section. I still cant!! Especially shirts!! Even though I lost some of my boobies.... I can't wear those little shirts they make now a days... I barely fit 13's and I cant' fit them all!! and 15/16's of course you have to go to the big sections.....because the one's thats in the little section...arent really that big... well they don't fit the same!!!

Ralphmarie- Your pic is beautiful!! I am the same! I found pictures of me at my biggest that other people took, I stayed away from the camera! I didnt realize how big I was until I took some pictures with my kids!! I wanted to die!!! I swear it doesnt even look like me...to me anyways!! And I hate having to spend 5 extra bucks or more... we don't use that much more fabric!!

Suemarie- Good luck on those 6 lbs!!! You can do it!! It is possible! I hope you have fun on vacation! Sorry about all of your stress and depression...but he*l if I was in your shoes...I"d be depressed too!! So don't feel bad for caring about your family and others! Just know that you will get through it! It will all be ok!

Aprilpepper- Hey April!! I'm so glad you are feeling better!!! It is hard to get through it all, but it will be ok... You already know that though!! Congrats on your loss

bearzy2u- Have you ever thought about putting a threadmill on lay-a-way?
You could go to Walmart and put one up on there...the cheapest one is still pretty high, but you might could manage it in a couple of months!! Who knows!

eatnothingalive- Ok, I am a living example as in...right now!! I have been totally off plan and can't get myself together! I just say everyday.... I'm starting over!! It makes me wanna quit sometimes, but no way I'm going all the way back to where I was!! No way!!! So keep it up! We are here to listen and support you!!

Well this turned into longer than I thought. Sorry for me feeling like crap!! I've been trying to stay positive and be positive...but it's just not working for me right now, and I dont feel like pretending today! If I missed anyone I am sorry!! I can't remember if I ever posted pics on here!! That is pitiful!! Well if I didnt, I will. I dont wanna use my pic on the other thingy! yet! Thank everyone for listening to me even though it's not the most enjoyable side of me showing!!!. Please try to work with me! I'm not giving up...I'll get it together sooner or later!

Well I dont want to depress anyone any further So I will be going now!!
Sorry I havent been posting...Time is flying by! Talk with you all later!! I love you chickies!!!

BTW the first is a collage of before and after, and the other one is now.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 02:51 AM   #70  
Oooo Silly Me!

Afternoon Ladies…

Diane - *sniffles* I just love you to pieces! You’ve hit the nail on the head. Although I felt better for getting it out, you really lifted my spirits! Thank you. Of course, I caved in with the kid. So we had a girls day out and went shopping and the I did her hair and her father and I decided to that she’s been soooo good that we let her to go her sixth grade dance. After all it was her first dance, I would have felt even guiltier had I not let her go. I was all teary eyed when I dropped her off at the school for the dance…. Ahhh man heheh

April – I just went through the same thing with a friend. She lost her baby about 3 weeks ago… give or take. I’m so sorry dear. I am glad to see you still posting and feeling some what better. It’s going to be a battle for sure. You are strong and you know you’ve got our support here as well not to mention the love and support of your husband

Jaymi – Thank you… it’s been a long time since I’ve let things get me down like this, and believe me this is minor compared to how it has been. I think the working and the dieting has helped in some strange way. And those 6lbs…. Darn toot’in! LOL I’m gonna try with all my might, but it’s still a lot of weight to loose in such a short time. I’m just happy that I’m going down hehehe. Your pictures look great! I can’t wait to actually start seeing something on me getting smaller… hmm ya know, I went down 2 bra sizes… well at least something is getting smaller!

You guys take care!
Love…
Old 06-20-2004, 10:23 PM   #71  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Hi chicks,

Just wanted to say hi this evening, Larry left tonight for another week and I miss him already.
We bought a rifle yesterday and we spent all afternoon target practicing...it was FUN!!!
I got real good at it and I was surprised, set up a bunch of old clay flowerpots that were cracked, and it was cool making them blow up.
No...we don't hunt, Larry just didn't want me out here alone with just this deep sleeping dog to protect me.

Till later,
diane
Old 06-21-2004, 02:16 PM   #72  
Oooo Silly Me!

Morning Fellow Chickettes!

Everything is going well today… gonna try to get some cleaning done on the house before we head off for vacation on Sunday. I’ve seemed to hit a slump in my diet… It’s not that I’m having a hard time loosing at my 1600 calories, I’m just having a hard time sticking to my 1600 calories and I’ve stopped recording what I was eating. Bad bad bad bad ehhehehe. I find that keeping track of this seems to keep me headed in the right direction. I need to get back to it! It’s kinda like writing a journal… I’m faithful for a while, then I just sorta get lazy and not wanna do it anymore. I can’t let myself get into that slump with my diet or I’ll be in trouble hehehehe…. So back to food logs I go!

Sheila - woohoo on the shooting... I only seem to be good at that duck shooting game that the kid has on her nintendo game thingy hehehehe...

Take care ladies!
Old 06-21-2004, 04:29 PM   #73  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

ANYBODY know who sheila is???
Old 06-21-2004, 05:13 PM   #74  
Oooo Silly Me!

Ummm ahhh... oh boy... you umm caught me reading other posts and replying to this post at the same time... I feel really embarassed now...

Sue...
Old 06-21-2004, 05:16 PM   #75  
Tons of fun!!!!

Hello all you wonderful chicks!!! I hope everyone is doing well, I weighed in today (I do it every monday when I get up) and I am at a 19-20 pound loss.....it was bouncing back and fourth... I love that I can put faces with names, you are all Gorgeous women and as soon as figure it out I will post mine as well. I tried before but it was too big or something so I will get my bf to help me out, he is good at that kind of stuff!! Have a good day and stay strong!! Love, Jamie

P.s. ....Diane I was wondering the same thing.....about who sheila is...he he he.... !!
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote