Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-14-2004, 11:12 PM   #46  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

HEY MAMMA!!!!

WELCOME, you're right these chicks are great.
We really do care about each other and support each other.

My motivation is with my age and Husband, I lost him for 27 years and found him again 6 years ago, so I want to stick around and make up for lost time.
I'm very much into eating as healthy as i can.

I'll be back on tomorrow as I am very tired tonight,

Diane
ralphmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:11 PM   #47  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Default Die Hards

Well Chicks looks like we are the DIE HARDS, the ones who join in when the shiny stuff is still all over something new, and still hang in there when some of it has rubbed off and the crowd has thinned out.
I am so proud of all of us,when Dee and I talked about starting this we didn't know if others would even join us and now we are a rather impressive group of CHICKS!!!

Welcome to our newest poster..Mamma J,..mamma you will get alot of support here and please let us know anything your having a problem with and if none of us knows the answer right off we will help you figure it out.
We all like to hear of your success too, and if you fall, we will help you get back up.

Some one was talking about only losing 1/2 lb. in 4 days then after 3 more days it was a total of 2 lbs. lost....well this goes to show that if you do overdo it one day, cut back a bit the next and you may still hit that weekly goal.
Also, if you don't drink your water, your body retains what it has and floods your system, thus the swelling and bloat, so drink your water, your skin will love you for it too.
This holds true for eating as well, if you cut WAY back and don't eat enough your bod freaks and thinks its starving and will hold on to what it has by lowering your metabolism, thus no weight loss, even if your eating just carrot sticks and lettuce.

JAYMI...you're doing so well, hope the weigh in went good.
Man, I don't eat hot dogs often(maybe 2 x a year) but when I get my craving..I LOVE chili dogs.
Hormel has the turkey chili without beans and it is 98% fat free.

MAGGI...Happy to hear DH is AOK, reminds me when I took my girlfriend to the dentist to get her wisdom teeth pulled, she is deaf and they let me go back with her to interpret, I stayed while they were putting her to sleep then left while they did the surgery, then i came back and sat with her till she woke up...she would come around and sign to me asking"when will they start?", I would sign"they are finished", she would nod back out for a minute, wake back up and sign again "when will they start?", I would sign"they are finished", we did this 4 times!!!

Yes I am considering myself an Artist, I have sold 6 of my little paintings (mostly fat naked beautiful Goddesses in the woods), but had stopped for awhile while we got my studio finished, now I am painting like mad..hoping to get more online by the end of the month...doing bigger things now.

Its so nice to be told you're sexy, you're husband sounds like a dream, I got a good one too, we are the lucky women.

SUEMARIE...Hey GIIRRRLLL!! happy to hear you got through those finals!!
No I have no cd's with recipes but I do check out tons of cookbooks from the library so it probably was the same one for the chicken, like you, I do tweak recipes to fit my needs and tastes, I love to see people cooking for themselves, alot of this younger generation would totally be lost without take-out, fast food and a micro-wave.

APRIL!! AAWW. girl, I am so happy to see you back here and getting back on track, remember what I told you, and I MEAN it.
I'm so happy you joined us.

MAMA J...I posted here last night then I PM'd you and as soon as I sent it I saw your little egg light go out,dog gone it, tried to catch you.

Well chicks now that the day is half over (me and my LOOOONG posts!!),
Guess I better get off the fat butt and get moving,
CLUCK<CLUCK(thats chicken for "later Chicks"),
Diane

Last edited by ralphmarie; 06-15-2004 at 12:31 PM. Reason: made a boo boo
Old 06-15-2004, 09:18 PM   #48  

Default welcome mama j

hi my name is peg and i would like to welcome you to our group. my motivation came because of health problems. i have high blood pressure, just found out i have arthurits in my knees and right thumb, and diabetes runs in my family and i am only 44 years old so if i dont do something about this now i figure it is all down hill from here. i dont even have grandkids yet and i feel liks an old grandma!! so i went to t.o.p.s. (take off pounds sensibly) to face the scales every week and for the support and then i found this web site and it has been going well ever since. i started on march 11 and have lost 22 1/2 so far. i am doing it by completly changing what i eat and counting calories (1200 to 1500 daily) they say that if you just lower your intake by 500 calories a day you will lose 1 pound a week. im not doing too much exercise yet.... but i will get better at that soon. i guess as long as i am losing i just cant get in gear to work out. but if i would then i probably would lose even faster. well one thing at a time for now. nice to meet you and good luck.

Talk to you LIGHTER!!!
peg
bearzy2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:05 PM   #49  

Height: 5 foot

Hello, Hello!

WELCOME MAMA J !!!

My motivation was probably when I just got tired of watching everyone else have a life except me!! Not that I have one now, but if I wanted to I could!! I also wanted to give my kids more out of life, instead of sitting around the house looking at me all day! I wanted to be able to feel comfortable going out in public, taking my kids to the park, pool, beach...whatever! Well I welcome you here and I am glad to meet you!

Well today will be pretty short, as all of my posts have been. I'm sorry I havent been participating like I should, I just dont have the time to rant and rave...which is a good thing right!!! I'm still trying to get myself together...it is hard after being in TX all that time, now exercise is like a chore that I can only get done sometimes....even eating is becoming a chore. Today my calories are so low it is unhealthy. But I've been busy all day, I just forgot to eat! Any wayz my day hasnt been good but I will report it anyway:

I only ate 772 calories today...and that is because I forced this dinner down with mega calories!! I had a pork chop, green beans, corn, and chicken flavored rice (which added on the calories!!) I didnt eat it all though, plus my daughter ate a lot of it too. No exercise. I have been trying to wear my pedometer (cheapo one fron McD) But I didnt put it on until about 5 pm. I have only 1679 steps after that!! Well, I've been sitting down since I've gotten home mostly, or standing up for long periods, but not really walking...I did all that this morning!! Oh well, anyway, whatever! I was hyped up earlier, thinking I was gonna try to exercise anyway, but now I'm too tired. I'd rather try to double or triple up tomorrow and finally get some sleep. I know I shouldnt give up...but he*l, my calories arent that high right? I cant seem to get myself together, but I will eventually. Tx really done me in!

Well again, I said this was gonna be short, but I'm rambling on and on.... but I'm sorry for not getting to comment on you all...I guess if I wasnt typing all of this mumbo jumbo, I could have...but I still apologize anyways! I'm so tired I almost feel delirious! My sis and hubby are watching the game...which I hate basketball. I'd rather be watching Law and Order, or one of my 10 Golden Girl (8 hr) tapes.... but hey whatever. I have been having MAJOR problems sleeping!! I think playing tennis so late is one problem, because me and my sis be up at 3 am looking homeless!! But I always get up at least by 9, she stays sleep until 12 or 1 and then looks at me like are we going anywhere today!?! I'm going to start going back to sleep early, waking up early, and exercising early. If I can at least get one goal done, everything should be alright! Well let me be off, it's already late.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 07:09 PM   #50  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello everyone..

Mama Jama – This is a great place. As for my motivation… I tried so many things, one being I didn’t want to be a fat bride, another was I wanted to at least somewhat fit in the desks at the university… I don’t think any of them worked. I think what it came down to it was I was tired of my excuses and needed to prove to myself that I wasn’t just one big excuse. I stopped doing it for others and started doing it for myself. You will meet a lot of warm, supportive people here!

Well everyone, I’m doing good…I think the weight that I lost was definitely stress weight, cause it started crawling back today LOL but I am bound and determined not to let it crawl back with a few friends like last time. I did a 20 minute weight workout today… then I’m gonna take my happy self walking. Course if I don’t come back… someone call 911! This would probably be the day where I’ve done the most exercise… apart from my everyday house cleaning and what not.

Hope everyone is doing well…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 10:09 PM   #51  
Tons of fun!!!!

Hello girls....hope everyone is doing well, I am down 16 pounds total now.....yay....

welcome mama!!! I am sure you will find this site very helpful and supportive, especially this thread!!! APRIL CHICKS RULE!!! What motivated me was my health, I have lupus and it causes complete havoc to my joints so being lighter will definitley lessen the problem, I also want to shop in the normal sized clothes section of the stores.... that sounds really superficial and shallow, its not a huge motivator but it does help to keep me from stopping at some hamburger joint when I am out shopping with friends.. TTFN, Jamie
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 01:08 PM   #52  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Sue Marie...baby steps are fine hon, you're hanging in there and thats what really counts.
If you just do a little walk a few times a week, then up your pace or distance a bit over time it will make a big difference.
Sometimes we tend to jump in with both feet and overwhelme ourselves.
If you're not used to exercising, then doin too much too soon is a recipe for quitting.

Well jamie, that is shallow...deeply shallow...lol
I too want to do the same, I want to buy cute patterns that don't take 3 1/8 yards of material just to make a dog gone shirt!!!!!!!
There is absoulutely nothing wrong with wanting to look nice and feel comfortable.
Also I am SICK of having to pay extra for my clothes, if women buy extra small they don't get a discount for using LESS material.

I remember when Larry called me after not seeing me for 27 years and I told him I no longer was that 98 lb. 14 year old he last saw...he said "hey, I want to be with you, pack up your MOO MOO's and carry your fat *** up here"....<snort>lol.

Well I don't wear Moo Moo's (I call them kaftans,...lol)

diane
Old 06-17-2004, 01:12 PM   #53  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Oh Jaymi Dol,
I absoulutely CANNOT exercise at night...or take my vitamins in the evening...it revs me up so much I can't sleep.
Before, when I had my big 60 lb. loss, I always got up early and was walking by 7am.
then came in and did some weights, had a protein drink and took my pills, was always nodding before 10pm.
diane
Old 06-17-2004, 02:38 PM   #54  
Tons of fun!!!!

LOL........Diane your sense of humor is great its just like mine, you crack me up! I noticed on your signature that you have hit a ten pound loss....... thats awesome!!! Well I just wanted to stop in and say hello... everyone have a wonderul day! Jamie
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 03:15 PM   #55  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Ok chicks....as you can see,I put my picture on here....not an easy thing for me but had a couple of posters ask me if I could post one...well its the ONLY one I have that I can live with....I have some secret ones that are so hideous I only look at them for motivational purposes (there's probably a tax write off in there somewhere)

Its an Olan Mills freebie 8x10...nope, didn't fall for shpeel...."oh, don't you want to but the 100.00 package?"..."well, how 'bout the 50.00 package?"....well, finally they shut up.
When I am where I'd like to be...would like to get some of those Glamour Shots done.....hey jamie!!! hows THAT for shallow????!!!!...lol

And THANK YOU for the notice of my sack of taters gone...(I LOVE TO LOOK AT IT THAT WAY,10lb. sack of taters looks so big)

Last edited by ralphmarie; 06-17-2004 at 03:20 PM. Reason: cpelinn musteeks
Old 06-17-2004, 04:14 PM   #56  
Oooo Silly Me!

Afternoon Ladies…

Diane – Yeah, baby steps. That’s my whole plan. I had to go slow or I would end up feeling defeated. Seems like a lot of people don’t agree with me tho. They keep saying you gotta do this you gotta do that. The thing is, it’s WORKING for me right now. Once I get down to the point of where it’s become harder to lose weight on my baby steps then that will be the time I upgrade to toddler steps. About the picture, it’s beautiful and I know how you feel. The picture I have posted is one of the very few pictures I don’t hate… well I love my senior picture from high school… but I was so much thinner then. I do understand how you feel. If you were to ask me to post a full body picture, it won’t happen LOL. Although once I start seeing some major differences in my size, I will post a before and after picture… but that’s gonna be a while <G>

Yesterday I did a 20 minute upper body workout with my weights. Then I went bowling later in the evening. Lets just say I won’t do that again LOL! I was sooooo tired when I got home that I passed out in the tub and no one came to get me til almost an hour and half later LOL! I was a prune!

Alrighty ladies, I gonna get back to my housework… I’ll catch you all later!

Take care…
Old 06-17-2004, 04:21 PM   #57  

Hey girls! Yes, for any of you wondering, I am still alive! I have been avoiding the site because I fell off the wagon and haven't been doing really well at all on my plan. I don't know what my freaking problem is, I really want to lose the weight, but for some reason it is so hard for me to stay motivated. I haven't gotten on a scale since the end of May because I am really scared that I have gained back the 6lbs that I lost. I haven't been going crazy, I still write my calories down, but I have been going over my calories continuously for a couple weeks now. Truthfully, I am probably maintaining, but I know I haven't lost anything. Every day I tell myself, OKAY, TODAY I WILL NOT GO OFF PLAN...then eventually, I go over my calories and feel like crap about it. Luckily, I haven't been eating more than about 1800 calories a day, but it still isn't going to be enough to see the kind of weight loss I want. ARGHHH... I just have to get motivated....will you welcome me back into the fold?

Trying AGAIN and again and again and again...
Tara
eatnothingalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 08:04 PM   #58  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

TARA!!!!!GUUURRRLLLL,If I was there I would give you a good thrashing with a big old wet noodle!!!
Just what in the world do you think we're all here for???
To only love you when you're doing great???!!!!
To only hold your hand when your oh so slim and trim????

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO

When the going gets rough, thats when we're here the most for you, please don't stay away if you slip up.
Thats why I stopped going to Weight Watchers, after losing a bit of weight and getting all the pats on the back...I weighed at home before a meeting and gained a couple of pounds and couldn't for the life of me go and let everyone see how I had let THEM down, what a nutty way for me to think.....
I wasn't going there for them in the first place. And they were supposed to be my support for when I needed it.

So.......pick your butt up, brush it off and make this your new starting day.

Also It has really helped me to write down what I plan to eat for the day,approximate times and all meals and snacks.
That way when I get hungry I look in my note book and eat whats already been planned.
If I plan for the next day the night before after I have dinner and I am not hungry, I find I make choices based on my brain and not on my rumbling stomach.
I also try to keep it simple for the week, 3 different choices for each meal.
Breakfast:Protein smoothie OR cereal(oatmeal or cold) OR egg white omelet with 1 whole wheat toast.
Snack:5 good crackers and a small chunk of cheese OR 1 piece of fruit OR no-fat yogurt.

And so on. This really helps me be more structured about it...no guess work when I'm starving and likely to make a bad choice,

Talk it out and hang in there,
Here's to good choices,
diane
Old 06-17-2004, 09:24 PM   #59  
Oooo Silly Me!

Afternoon Ladies…

Tara – HI!!! Don’t let it get you down! I’ve fallen off my program so many times I don’t have enough fingers and toes to count all of them. The hard part is admitting it and getting back on program. Maybe you need to lower your calories? Say maybe 1600 or 1700 and just increase your activity a little more? Everyone is different so it’s hard to say. I’ve played around with some many ideas and diet plans, you just gotta find one that is right for you. I am sure many of us on here have a few falied-attempts under our belts… We’re here for you no matter what. No matter who you are or what you weigh, we still are your friends who love and support you… no matter WHAT! Just gather up some strength and try again… at least you are trying. Don’t give up

Alrighty ladies, gonna go grill some chicken and make some chicken salads for dinner tonight…

Take care everyone…
Old 06-17-2004, 11:13 PM   #60  
one day at a time

Height: 5'2"

Smile good evening ladies

well we will see how long this lasts for me....i decided to add my picture.....AHHHHHH!!!! everyone else was doing it ...and i am always one to do what others do....nah..not really....anyways....its thursday night....i decided to check in and see what y'all are up to.....i have not weighed myself in days....let me run and see if i have lost anything.... well....i am at 184....that i think is a little loss from the last time....today went well....i ate one meal....not on purpose..it just happened...and i feel fine and it will not become a habit...because i know that is a no-no ...i have been eating alot healthier...yogurt for a snack...apples....so far so good....and walking..i started to do that for exercise...and its fun....i have a fun weekend planned...i owe my brother babysitting...so on saturday while he goes to the amusement park i get his 3 girls from 4-11 at night....AHHHHH....again plus my 2 in there....and it will be a big hair pulling session..... one more day of work to go....then its the weekend....i am so tired....just to let some of you know...the ones of you that have been supportive of me during my loss..i am doing a lot better...im feeling better physically....the cramping and bleeding have stopped...but emotionally it will take some time.....thanks to those of you that gave me support when i really needed it.....DIANE....you are the best ....thank you so much.....you all take care...and I will be back soon!!!...thats a promise.... bye ladies
aprillpepper is offline   Reply With Quote