Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-09-2004, 12:22 AM   #31  
Tons of fun!!!!

sounds like fun..............I'm in!!!! lol.......... your so funny!

hope everyone has a good night, TTFN Jamie
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 09:27 AM   #32  

Default good morning

hi all

hope this finds everyone in good spirits and doing well. im off work today to take kids to get school physicles. my son is in sports and my daughter will be working in daycares for two hrs a day. she wont get paid but will earn 6 college credits. it is the last year for them both. they do grow up quickly. hope my daughter gets some words of encouragement from the dr. ....i think she has lost about 13 lbs since her last visit. she is trying but not doing quite as well as i am.

we go to the area meeting for t.o.p.s. tomorrow night it will be fun. they will be recognizing the best losers for our district and giving out awards for various achevements. we have never been to one yet.

im doing ok so far this week but dont get to weigh in till the 17th. hope you all doing good too.
Talk to you LIGHTER!!!
Peg
bearzy2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 12:03 PM   #33  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Thats great you have a built in buddy Peg.
All I have here all week is this dog...actually he is a good buddy too,
He stands in front of me and jerks his head in the direction of the door...he knows what I need.
Now if I could only train him to GROWL whenever I approach the refrigerator....
ralphmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 01:03 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 185/185/145

Height: 5'4"

Ralphy, you are too funny...

OK, so my "big-event" is over, and now I'm sitting around, exhausted, bloated ( from not staying hydrated the last week) and headachy. I really like being busy busy busy. I just don't know what to do with myself today. Its not like there's not anything that needs done, quite to the contrary in fact, but I just feel so yucky. Maybe I would feel better if I got up and did it anyway?

Well, I have been a bad girl this week. Saturday I went to a wedding, and they had a big bar-b-que buffet, and I was so good, I only ate a sandwhich, and one helping of salad. Sunday, we went for lunch at another family's house, and although I didn't make a total pig of myself, I did technically overeat. It was Sunday evening that really did me in though...Leftover bbq at grandparents house, potato chips, and 2 non-diet sodas...I never drink anything but diet, and try to only do so occassionally, but they didn't have anything, and I really wanted the caffeine. :S I ate, and ate it seemed like. Monday, I basically didn't eat, it was too hot, and I was too busy. But I also didn't keep myself hydrated. Yesterday, I had a baby shower here at my house, and everybody brought a dish to share. Well, I guess stress eating kicked in, or something, becuase before I knew it, I was uncomfortably full, and I couldn't even have told you what I had eaten...the cake was good though...

I am so dehydrated today, I'm really pushing the water, so far I've had nearly 64 oz, and haven't peed more than once. It feels like my mid-section is just blowing up. Pants that are normally very comfortable are binding! I better start peeing soon!! LOL

Wow, I'm realizing suddenly that this has become a whine-fest...sorry about that. I'm gonna go drink some more water, and take a tylenol.

Type to you all later!

Lisa
favepairobluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 08:53 PM   #35  
one day at a time

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy Hi Ladies

Well it seems I only visit when I have news to share....I will definately try to get on here more often..... Its almost Thursday....I have some major bad and very sad news to share.....I had a miscarriage....I woke up on Monday with a very bad back ache and stomach pains...so i stayed home from work and rested....They faded...but then i started to bleed....I had a DR. appointment on Tuesday....had them run all the tests...do ultrasounds....and my Dr. said it looks like a miscarriage..i only knew for 3 weeks..i was in my 7th-8th week....and it hurts so bad....im still aching...i guess to expel what is left....it feels like really really painful menstrual cramps to me....and all i have been doing is crying since monday....im very sad right now......and my boyfriend is so busy this week with his brothers wedding that i am not getting the support that i so desperately need.....well..i just gotta try to get over it...and take care of my other 2 precious kids.....they keep me going..i did not want to get up and go to work today but i thought of them...i was 20 minutes late but i made it....if anybody knows what i am going through email me i could use some advice...i had another miscarriage about 5 years ago and dont remember it hurting so bad.....can anyone help???
aprillpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 09:09 PM   #36  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

{{{{{{OH APRIL}}}}}}

I'm so sorry to hear this.
Gonna e you right now......
diane
ralphmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 02:08 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 185/185/145

Height: 5'4"

April, I'm very sorry to hear your sad news. Unfortunately, I don't have any advice to share with you. To me it makes sense that it would hurt worse this time, both physically, and emotionally. It isn't easy on the body, or the spirit. Take care of yourself, and let the baby's father know that you are in need of greater emotional support from him now, he can find a way to give you what you need, and still get his other responsibilites taken care of.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Lisa
favepairobluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 11:13 AM   #38  

Height: 5 foot

Sorry April....I know exactly what you are going through!!! Sorry you arent getting the support you deserve. I will try to comfort you, but I know that when I miscarried nothing anyone said comforted me.

Everyone else, I hope all is doing well!! I dont have much time today, I weigh in tommorow so we'll see what all the laziness has done, or if I've regained some of the lbs I lost!! Well gotta go all! Have a great day!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 01:44 AM   #39  
Tons of fun!!!!

april.......... very sorry to hear your bad news, I dont thik there is anything that anyone could say to you to make you feel better, but hopefully you know that we are all here for ya anytime you need to talk........... about the pain, I have taken a lot of nursing courses and have heard from other girls in your similar situation that a miscarraige can be very painful, but it just depends on the person, if the pain persists I would definitley go back to the doctor to rule out any complications...... I hope you start feeling better soon, Jamie
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 05:27 AM   #40  
Maggi

Well I'm late catching up again, oh well, no apoligies this time. I've done ok this week, still working on my exercise attitude, but I did get it in twice and will work to get it in this morning. Dh at that colon scope thing earlier in the week, I was actually worried, it was routine for his age, but it was all ok. He was impressed with the drugs, he has never had any kind of surgery or procedures so he has never been knocked out. when he work up, he kept saying wow that stuff was fast, he must have said it about 15 times the rest of the day. He kept cracking me up at how amazed he was.

Well I've lost 2 pounds this week and have been hungry a lot.

Jamyi Dol, glad you are back and survived your visit, hey 7 pounds, don't knock it and go with the flow! I'm glad you had the 7 pound loss so you don't feel like you have to scarifice yourself too much. You will be back on plan. On losing to whatever weight, let your body decide.

faveopairbluejeans and Jami Dol, I've not had any c sections, but had surgeries 4 times in the same place (right at the bikini line), got the same problem, and hate it. I would like to get my nerve up to have plastic surgery. Still working on it.

bearzy2u yes heard of zig zagging, but if I hit a plateau I recheck what I've eaten and then just try and hit a bit more, I have felt lucky that I haven't hit any so far. I am hoping to avoid them, I was thinking I was going to have a weird week, because I weighted on Tuesday which was 4 days after my last weigh in and only lost 1/2 pound, then today I weighed and it was a total of 2, I was kinda putting some worry in to it. I am still trying to get my exercise focus back.

Quinn LaBelle, just noticed where you live in MD next to DC, I use to live in MD next to DC, Clinton MD, and use to love to go to the Waldorf Mall. do you know any of these places?

Sue Marie, hang in there girl, some weeks it is going to just fall off and you are going to wonder what you did. But I like your little motto lose your evil twin, I felt that same way about the weight I was carrying, that it was implanted on me, cause surely I didn't gain it, but oh well. My journalizing has helped me get a lot of my feelings into propresctive.

Ralph Marie, what pictures are you painting, are you an artist, did I miss that part of the conversation?

well guys, ya'll keep doing great, and I'll keep doing great and we'll just keep losing that fat till we rule all over. My dh did say to me yesterday I was looking pretty sexy, gave me tingles all over. I'm gonna teach my bird to pay me compliments, ha ha, that would be cool!
magnoliamouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 10:34 AM   #41  

april,

sorry to hear about your loss. just keep in mind that all things happen for a reason. we may never know why but in the long run every thing works out. you may get a little comfort in my motto:... dont dwell on the storms of life, always look for the rainbows.

i have a son who was born perfectly healthy but when he was 2 yrs 4 mo old he got spinal meningits and after that he was totally deaf. my motto helped me in some tough times when i was questioning why??

just know that we are here for you and you can count on us.

Talk to you LIGHTER!!!
Peg

Last edited by bearzy2u; 06-12-2004 at 10:37 AM.
bearzy2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 04:08 PM   #42  

Height: 5 foot

Hi everyone! Short post today....really! My tummy hurts... probably because I'm hungry, but I gotta eat on the go because the darn day is almost over and I still havent taken my sis anywhere!!!! This having no money thing is starting to get old! But anyway.....

Well, I didnt lose or gain this week, so booo! But that's ok, I should have known better because I didnt work out all 7 days. That really sucks that I have to do all of that but oh well....I didnt gain so that's good. But my lil sis lost 2 lbs!! So at least it worked for someone this week!

I ate chilli dogs for dinner last night, but they werent that bad. I had wheat buns of course and fat free cheese. I didnt get a chance to try to turkey chilli, but I did try the fatfree weiners from oscar meyer and they were good! I had fixed two hot dogs..but my eyes were bigger than my tummy!!Well I gotta go because the kids are starting to get restless. I hope everyone has a great day!

~Jaymi~
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 10:20 PM   #43  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Everyone! I survived Finals!!! I also survived the stressful eating binge. I am still holding at around 360-362lbs, the dial kept wiggling when I was trying to read it *grins*

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm gonna get my rear in gear and back on program. I've been trying to be good... man tho, those cravings hit me something awful this last week... but I've been good!

Diane... that MEDITERRANEAN-STYLE CHICKEN recipe you posted... Do you have hte Better Homes and Garden Healthy Cooking CD? LOL That's where I got my recipe, except I don't use red wine I substituted it for Dry Marsala, I liked the taste better. *laughs*

I'll cut this short... I'll be back more often now that I have the break off and don't know what to do with myself LOL!

Take care!
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:37 PM   #44  
one day at a time

Height: 5'2"

well ladies....thanks for all the support....its been a real rough 8 days...but tonight i am feeling better...this morning i thought i might have to leave work i was hurting so much.....things are looking and feeling better.....i know everything happens for a reason and i guess this was not meant to be at this moment in time....my boyfriend did make it over when i needed him....and has been great with me...taking my kids off my hands so i could rest....cleaning my place...doing my dishes.....and making sure im ok....hes been great.....and you ladies have been wonderful....im going to try to get back in the swing of things and get motivated to lose this weight again....i have not stepped on the scale in days...and am kinda scared to....but i will tonight when i shower.....anyways ladies...thanks again...and i see you all later....take care
aprillpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:53 PM   #45  
mama j

Hi chicks, I'm new here!! I'm starting my weight loss today my current weight is 190 and I am amazed at how supportive you guys are!! You go girls!! Anyways I could really use some !! I would like to find out what clicked you gals into high gear I guess motivated you !!Let me know?
mama jama is offline   Reply With Quote