Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 03:39 PM   #31  
2006 - Panda Remix

Michele - yes we put our clocks back too, thanks for the reminder!

Amandaxx
Old 10-25-2003, 04:17 PM   #32  

Hello I am on break from cleanning LOL. I have been so far behind going through all cabinets and throwing away junk that just collects! I am still going through all the girls (and my stuff) and getting rid of a lot! I used to be very strict on that stuff because with 6 kids you had to be but with me not feeling well I have not done it for awhile. I am very happy to say that I am still OP! And I am not going to get on the scale until I lose enough to go down a size in clothes! I don't want to get discouraged if the scales don't move down as fast as I want them!

EZ-Thank you so much you made my day! I am planning on taking my journal with me the next time I go to the Dr. I am writing at the bottom page each day how I felt. If I had a IBS attack or headach ect...... I think this will help me find other trigger foods. Please tell Angie how much I enjoy her journal. After I have use it a few more days I will e-mail her with some suggestions I come up with.

Angel-Lover-Don't feel bad when you can't post to everyone even a quick note lets us know your doing OK and That is what were Praying for. We worry when it has been awhile. Glad you and your family will have time together. And of course We are praying for your husband. My DH is the same way I just had to call the Dr and tell on him because he has a lg lump on his wrist and it was causing a lot of pain. He went and they ran tests to see if he was diabetic because he has spots starting on his legs. And they are sending him to a hand speicalist because they are worried about his wrist (it might be a tumor). So please keep him in your prayers also.

Amanda-Panda-I am glad you are trying to stop smoking. I know it won't be easy but you can do it! We are still praying for your job and I know that the Lord will bless you with the right job.
You are right my cal have been low but right now I am trying to not eat much at once to keep my stomach calm. I have noticed at night when I eat a meal all at once my stomach starts hurting. I am going to start eating a little more each day but I want to stay under 1400 cals.

Wilma-I wish you would come and cook and help me clean. I think Ez is right you could be the Martha Stewart! How is curves doing? Do you like it better than your walking? I am proud that you keep going even when you felt discouraged. I am praying for you just keep on going!!!!!! I thought about this the other day you and I have been on this post for a long time and we both are probably close to the same weight we were when we started along time ago but the alternative would be to give up and gain more? We are not going to let Satan discourage us to the point that we give up and gain. I would rather stay this size and keep trying than to give up and gain!

Mitchypoo-Sorry you are not feeling well. You will have to keep us posted on the friend and how she is doing.

SunnyD-I am glad your Mom is doing well. Will keep praying for a fast recovery. Yes I am the one who works at TARGET! I will have been with the company 18 yrs Nov 13! Wow who would have thought when I started as Christmas help 18 yrs ago I would be there this long? I work in a SuperTarget and mine is the busiest one in Indy. I work in the office and we are doing a lot of hiring now so I will be so busy for the next few months! I do Love my Job Target has been good to me all these years.

Sue-Hope you have a good weekend even if you do have to work I hope everything go smooth.

Well I think I might lay down and take a short nap.
Old 10-26-2003, 11:49 AM   #33  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

WISHING EVERYONE A GOOD DAY BEFORE WE HEAD OFF TO CHURCH. THERE ARE A LOT OF FIRES SURROUNDING MY HOME HERE IN CALIFORNIA--HOWEVER--WE ARE NOT IN ANY DANGER AT ALL, THEY ARE TOO FAR AWAY--NEAREST 10-15 MILES. SURE IS HOT HERE, IN THE 70's ALREADY AND IT ISN'T EVEN 9:00 YET! SUPPOSED TO BE THE HOTTEST DAY OF THE YEAR HERE. GOING TO THE OKTOBERFEST AT CHURCH AFTER SERVICE AND SUNDAY SCHOOL--

HAVE A GREAT DAY WITH YOUR FAMILIES- GARY
Old 10-26-2003, 01:09 PM   #34  

Hello I hope are having a Blessed Sunday. I just got home from church and the service was on Marriage. It was on how things are not always happy and great but how God wants us to react to the tough times. So many of my friends my age at church are going through tough times health wise and that leads to money problems ect...... One couple the husband just found out he has colon cancer and the day before his surgery his wife fell and broke her wrist bad and had to have surgery and as soon as that cast comes off they are going to do surgery on her other hand because she has no feeling in it! And the another friend went in to find out why her ankle hurt and they found a tumor and did a body scan and now wants to meet with both her and her husband on tuesday (that doesn't sound good) And another friend just had an 8 bypass surgery and he is only 43! Two of my friends Children have cancer and another has a rare blood problem. And another friend just found out she has cancer of the ovary and she is just in her 40's. It has been a tough year for many members of my church (along with the flood) Please keep my church family in your prayers. If Satan thinks he is hurting us I can tell you we are all closer because of all of this! And strong in our prayer life!

Ez-You have a great time today. I still have my fall cleaning to finish. And I am still OP. I think this deep cleaning is harder than any workout I could do! My DD took the youngest two last night and boy did I do a lot of getting rid of toys! Today I hope my husband can get around to taking the extra bed out of the room so I can take the bunk beds apart.

Wilma-Did you get all your cleaning done? If so can you come help me? LOL I have to clean all the carpets next weekend and I will be ready to start putting out Christmas! (I have soooo much it takes me along time to put it all out) It drives my oldest nuts that I start at the beganing of Nov putting out stuff. But hey she doesn't live here any more. LOL

SunnyD-Is your Mom feeling better? I am praying that her pain is reduced. Did you get your new tables?

Mitchypoo-I hope you are feeling better today.

Angel-Lover-Is it cold your way? They keep saying we might have snow but today is a lot warmer today. I am praying that you hear something soon about your settlement.

AmandaPanda-How is the stop smoking going I am praying that it gets eaiser everyday!

Judy-How are doing? I tried to find your DD in the pictures but couldn't pick her out.

Sue-Hope your weekend is passing fast since you are at work!

To all others I don't mean to miss you but I suffer from dead brain syndrome so please forgive me.

Praying you have an OP day!
Old 10-26-2003, 08:54 PM   #35  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi! I just had a very relaxing Sunday. Had dinner, then a nap and then went to visit a sick aunt in the hospital. Now I'm winding down and getting ready for bed so I can get up early to go to Curves again.

It's amazing how making a decision to change your attitude works. I decided that I didn't need to become discouraged because I was working at it. My friend who was here for the weekend noticed that I had lost weight and I had just seen her in July.

Sami: You're right. We're not quitters!! I'm so glad you're here for support. I pray for you daily.You asked whether I prefer Curves to walking. Right now I do because it's more convenient and a way to get to know people in my neighbourhood.

Gary: How was Oktoberfest? Hope you didn't have too much sausage and beer.

Michele: How are you doing with SBD? Is it still working for you?

AmandaPanda: How is you non-smoking going? I sure hope you're hanging in. It's hard to do that and diet at the same time. I really admire you.

Hello to the rest of you. Catch up with you tomorrow night!
Old 10-27-2003, 06:43 AM   #36  

Hello A quick note to say Hello! If I make it through today I will have made it one whole week and I didn't cheat once! It does seem to be helping my stomach also! I am not cured but did have a better week. The problem I am having now is I am doing small workouts and saturday night and sunday my knees and hips hurt so bad I couldn't sleep!

Wilma have a great day and I hope you made it to curves!

Praying that you have an OP day!
Sami
Old 10-27-2003, 07:32 AM   #37  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default I complain too much...

Hello all

I've realized that i must complain too much cuz all of you are hoping i feel better and truth is, i'm feeling pretty good. So sorry.......I have been dealing w/this back but it's better too. But today is a new day, a new work week, and i plan to make it a good one....

We had this great salad at Alpha last night, it had craisins and apple and pear and cashews in it. It was so good. I got the recipe, even though it's not exactly low carb.

Felt good to sleep a little longer this a.m. And i'm a little more prepared this a.m. I know what i'm wearing, i know what i'm taking for lunch, gosh, what am i going to do with the time this a.m.? I am getting back to normal, these are the mornings I enjoy, when i'm up early and have time to do things. Think i should read my bible too.

Hope you all have a great Monday and a great week!
Old 10-27-2003, 07:35 AM   #38  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Aw, i forgot to mention about my Vikings....forgot about the game and then when i saw it was the 4th quarter and 2 minutes to go and they were losing. They really wanted to beat the Giants but I heard they just weren't the same yesterday. How'd the Raiders and the Browns do? Will have to check out the sports page today.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:15 AM   #39  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

OUR TOWN OF SAN DIEGO IS IN A DISASTER BECAUSE OF ALL THE FIRES-- ANGIE AND I ARE NOT IN ANY DANGER AT THE MOMENT HOWEVER THE FIRES ARE SPREADING FAST AND SO LITTLE HELP-- OUR FIRE PEOPLE HAD BEEN SENT TO THE FIRES NORTH OF US. WE ARE SURROUNDED BY 3 FIRES THAT THE OFFICIALS BELIEVE COULD CONNECT IF THE WINDS PICK UP TODAY-- SO FAR SO GOOD-- IT IS VERY SMOKEY HERE AND ALL THE SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED-- THEY WANT PEOPLE TO STAY OFF THE ROADS IF POSSIBLE-- THEY HAVE EVACUATED THE EVACUATION CENTERS IN THE AREA SEVERAL TIMES DUE TO NEW DANGERS-- PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KILLED TRYING TO SAVE THEIR HORSES, ETC AND SOME HAVE BEEN KILLED IN THEIR CARS TRYING TO ESCAPE-- A LOT OF THE AREA IS HIGHLY POPULATED BUT SOME IS NOT-- VERY SAD.

IN HIS CARE- GARY
Old 10-27-2003, 10:50 AM   #40  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Oh Gary~You and the family and community are in my prayers, it sounds just awful out there right now. I didn't realize it was also in San Diego county. Do they know how that one started? The one up north (north of my folks) was arson. It's so sad. Be careful..........
Old 10-27-2003, 11:46 AM   #41  
2006 - Panda Remix

Thinking and praying for you and your community Gary - stay safe.

Love Amanda xx
Old 10-27-2003, 12:03 PM   #42  

Angry Hi there!

It is raining here! Could be worse- snowing! I'm sorryt o hear the damage the fires are doing out there E.Z. pray the rain moves from here to there to help put them out. Pray that you and your all stay safe, and for allt he families impacted by it. Did ya get your lawn mowed?
Angel- Hope hubby's back is soon feeling better, hard to work with bad back, especially on your knees- Trust all went well with praise athon, that sounds neat.
Sunny- So happy to hear mom is doing better, sure hope your up and feeling good soon, awful being sick.
Sami- great job, staying op your doing good, as for the dead brain syndrome, I think its computer compatible, because I have it occassionally too!
Judy- thanks so much for the great story on 9/11- Its true we need to trust the Lord, even when we think we know better.
Mitchy- Glad to hear your feeling better- Homemade soup sounds yummy especially as cold as its been.
Panda- YEAH! wAY TO GO, I quite almost 4 yrs ago. I rarely have sinus infections now. Pray all works out job wise.
Almost time to run to work, hi to everyone else and catch ya later!
Old 10-27-2003, 06:03 PM   #43  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default FIRE UP-DATE

HI Ladies--

Just wanted to up-date everyone on our fires. It is really bad air quality around us but we still are not in immediate danger. One fire alone has burned over 100,000 acres- we have many going from Los Angeles to San Diego-- well over 900 homes gone now and more than 14 lost lives in our general (25 mile radius) area alone. One fire is just taking out full blocks of homes-- the santa ana winds are not as severe as expected though so that is helping at the moment. They have already cancelled schools for tomorrow-- not sure how many schools affected all together but I do know we have over 80 high schools alone out. Even my son and daughter's colleges are out for the day. We are told to keep water and electricity at a minimum and stay off the freeways if possible-- they are asking employers to give everyone the day off. As I said earlier the nearest fire to us is 10-15 miles away so we are OK.

THANK EVERYONE FOR THE PRAYERS YOU SENT UP FOR THOSE FAMILIES IN STRESS!!

AMANDA Great job on the smoking!! I quit 6.5 years ago after smoking since I was 16, I am almost 50 now. You can do this-- if you have to use the gum or patch-- WHATEVER you have to do to help!! if you need it-- I did! God didn't take away my cravings-- but then I didn't help Him much either!!

WILMA- I had a great time at the Oktoberfest. I had only 1 sausage, but I did have to sample 6 of the beers-- 6 oz. cups! Angie drove home!! Guys in the church brewed their own samples and I didn't want to leave anyone out My ex-wife's boyfriend showed up and gave me all the extra ones she didn't sell that he brewed-- very good- but then he stocks me up when I need some anyway, it is his hobby. See ya Martha

MICHELE-- I know 1 fire in our area- Camp Pendelton fire was started by a training exercise-- the one in Ramona was started by a flair that a lost hunter sent up for his friend--PRAYERS FOR THIS MAN PLEASE-- AS THIS FIRE HAS CLAIMED AT LEAST 9 LIVES SO FAR--

Be right back-- daughter just called.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:26 PM   #44  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default BACK

OK Michele-- my daughter just called from Pt. Loma to tell me how bad the air is down there even on the coast. We also have a fire going in Valley Center that has claimed 3 lives and a lot of property but no word as of yet on how it started. Other small fires are happening around.
Just wait until you are my age-- you won't have to pay to get your hair thinned!! God just does it for you What happened to your Vikings girl? too much of a good thing I guess. My pastor sure was bummed! I don't think you complain too much-- we are just concerned about your mono is all.

SAMI That cleaning will burn off those calories! How is DH with his wrist? Did you make it through today op/ Of course you did-- and if you didn't no big deal! tomorrow is a new day!!Don't even worry about that scale-- throw it out!! the main thing is to start working-- KEEP working towards that new lifestyle!! If you focus on the weight you can't be focusing on what you NEED to do-- the weight will happen!! You NEED to eat right, exercise what YOU can, etc-- ah-- you know-- I don't need to tell you!!

SUE-- Did you ever think "I" would be asking YOU to send weather Give me some for these poor families. Glad to hear you quit that nasty habit too!! See we have a lot in commom!! Not only are we both good looking- we are ex-smokers

SUNNYD-- ANGEL LOVER Where you gals at?

Well I better check out and go bid a job-- Angie just loves it when I work

IN HIS CARE- Gary
Old 10-27-2003, 10:05 PM   #45  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hi everyone!

It's been a long day and I'm winding down. I had a supper meeting and just got home.

Gary: I've been hearing about the fires in your area. Devastating. We had the same thing happen in BC this summer. I'm praying for you and those affected by this.

doitforme: Be thankful for the rain. It's been snowing here most of the day. It's a big mess! I hope it melts!!

Sami: I did go to Curves this morning. Sometimes I think I do it in my sleep. How did your day go?

Hello to everyone else!
Closed Thread