Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 07:07 PM   #121  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down THURSDAY

HI CE'ers

Got a couple of minutes before I head off to my nephews conferences. I get the daily report on him that "we" do, plus I talk to his 4 teachers at least once a week, so there shouldn't (?) be too many surprises but we shall see. Have been really busy around here the last week and I have to work Saturday-- oh well, Christmas takes a toll on the 'ol wallet anyway right? Angie has a Christmas club account so it usually doesn't hurt us too bad each year as we are pretty much prepaired.

KDRULES Welcome! I heard someone on TV say not too long ago " my diet is-- I don't eat anything WHITE" ie bread, pasta, dairy, sugar, etc.-- makes a little sense. Good luck with yours.

SPROUT Hang in there dear-- you can do this-- you know who to look for for answers and help!!

SAMI Keep it up with the diet!! you are doing so well! But what is this (on the thankful thread) that you are thankful that all your kids get ALONG? lol who you trying to kid you knucklehead!!

WILMA The job problem will work out-- as you know-- remember not too long ago you were worried about even getting this job-- keep pushing forward dear-- as you always do!!

MICHELE--Your Vikings are in our town to play the Chargers this week-- Kill em for me OK!! have to keep those Chargers behind my lousy Raiders! Julian still standing.

SUE Thanks for the rain dear!! Pizza with the nephew and niece-- how cool is that-- of course you MUST be the COOL aunt

ANGEL Prayers for SIL and DH back

SUNNYD Thanks for keeping us going-- give Joe a hug from us for allowing you to (I mean that in a good way of course- him ALLOWING you!!)Glad Curves was good to you this week!! They can be NASTY as you know-- making you go backwards OH, the nerve

JUDY Did I make sense with my idea on church and state? Hope this finds Matt cooking and Laura feeling well-- hey maybe little bro can make her chicken soup-- yea-right

Well I think I hit everybody sorry for being short--

Gotta jam- Gary
Old 11-06-2003, 10:42 PM   #122  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

JUST GOT BACK-- Ron had 3 A's, 6 B's, and 3 C's -- behavior reasonable-- needs improvement minding own business.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:37 AM   #123  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry

Gooood Mornin' CEr's

WoW! It was so quiet here and then you all come back with a bang - wonderful! And I see a NEW CEr ... Cool beans! I got in my workout at Curves this morning and am now having a serving of lite cottage cheese with a bit of fruit (blueberries) on it - yummy! And a full glass of pure water... gotta hydrate. I really did miss going to my workouts and it feels so good being back. But the people in the mornings @ 8:00 are so quiet!! I was going at 9:00 before they got the new hours and they chatted more. I am a chatter-bug and a morning person, so I am dying to get them to talk. I even take some time to listen to topics on the radio or read the paper before I go so I have some points of interest to get them going. It helps some, but they are obviously not morning people and probably hate people like me Oh well... ... I enjoy the workout and the owner, Sue, chats with me

WELCOME-WELCOME KD!!!!
Always good to see someone new come in!!! You have joined in with such a great group of people, KD! They have accepted me with such open arms (so to speak ). I am known as the thread-hog here Oh and I also take and share allot of pictures - in case you had not noticed Everyone tolerates me & my pics very well

About my diet: I am in Phase 2 of the South Beach Diet and it sounds so very similar to your program. Either way they are healthier and we are looking and feeling better as each day passes. We are all doing different programs, but each one of us is different, so it makes sense to have different programs - don't you think? Different strokes for different folks. All my stats are at the bottom of my post. I don't have a scale here at home so I just get weighed and measured at Curves at the beginning of each month... it works out better for me, because I have a tendency to obsess over the scale. Now I just do what I need to and don't think about it - less stress. I hope that we can be of some help and a good source of encouragement for you on your journey!!

Last edited by SunnyD57; 11-07-2003 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:40 AM   #124  

Angry continued...

GARY ~ I am so inspired by Angie and her will-power to get up each morning to exercise and now helping out someone else - tell her for me, would you She sounds like such a special little lady - you are very blessed! And so is she!

Such Great news about Ron's conference!!!! I think (for him) it is really good!!! I hope that you and Angie are proud of him?! When you say he need's to mind his own business... what is he doing?? Is he trying to help out? I am like that too (now I am --- was very quiet as a kid) --- sometimes thinking I am helping, but to another it being a busy-body. I think he sounds like he is improving - do you guys think he is also?

I gave Joe that hug He hasn't been home much these days, so when we went out last night it was so nice. Tonight he is going to a HS Football game with some of the nephews. Too cold for me - suppose to snow tonight. I like going to HS football, but I am not that much of a fan I am afraid. Oh and until they get padded benches for the games I cannot go - the benches jam my neck and shoulders really bad. I will hear all about the fun and the highlights when he gets home as I were there Besides, he rarely goes out with the guys like this because of work, so he'll have a great time!

SPROUT ~ I am sorry that you are still not feeling well. You are in thoughts and **prayers**!! Sounds like you are a real trooper - trying to keep up with the Dr Phil Book and still not well. When I got sick I must say I put the book down, but have still been watching his shows and learning allot. (((Hugs)))

JUDY ~ Thanks I really do love to take pictures and these guys give me plenty of opportunity that's for sure! Glad you enjoy them. As far as the baby goes... it's not my picture taking - it's her! She is absolutely beautiful! And mom said she is a real good baby - in that she sleeps well for them at night. Did you get all your house-keeping done? I have bathrooms to scrub today when I finish here... yuk! Gotta be the worse job next to laundry!!! How's Laura today?? Back to school?
Old 11-07-2003, 10:55 AM   #125  

Angry continued...

WILMA ~ How are you doing today??? I am glad that everything is better for you at work. It is so hard some days, huh. I hope I was of some help with the scripture

MICHELE ~ I bet that you are right - that everyone was at the service for that young man. Such sad news! Cannot believe that someone could hit someone and leave! Unless it is total fear of the thought of what they just did!! Could you imagine! I remember once there was a jogger at NIGHT (with no reflective tape on) joggin' on the side of a "main road" - I almost hit her!!!! Frightened me to death at the thought!!!! I just don't think I could live with it. Now I am so careful to check the sides of the roads... It is all so very sad! I feel for them all!

How are you feeling today??? Are you getting any better from the Mono? It's important to keep getting that rest you need ya know Don't work too hard. I hope you don't have arthritis... it can be so painful. I have it in my joints like my mother, but so far it's not so painful and when I exercise it makes me feel better. Are you going to the Dr. to find out for sure, be tested?

ANGEL ~ WoW Such a long post for you Great to see!!!! I miss your posts here... glad to took a moment to catch up with us. Just loved your story of the man that helped you ~ your angel ~ awesome! We have an angel (or two or three ) in our lives too - I really feel that our daughter, Lisa, has done much to guide us or to protect us from harm many times over. So glad you and the others enjoy my 'Thankful Thread' - me too it helps me to stay OP!

SAMI ~ I am so so happy that your tummy is doing so much better!!!! Your watching Calories & types of foods you eat must be doing the trick - just wonderful news for you. You have suffered so with your IBS. It will never go away,but it will ease so that you can enjoy life more.

I am so "in love" with Lia's new baby! I feel like a grandmom even though I am really a Great Auntie... Our other niece, Gina, has a little girl, Jadah, whom is just as adorable (I have posted a couple pics of her some time back) They have such beautiful children in this family! I bet that our Lisa would have been just as beautiful had she lived... I often wonder. But I know that I will see her one day when we have all joined our Lord. How thrilling for Joe & I to know. I will keep tugging on the Lord's robe in prayer that it won't be too long before your DD & DSIL makes you a grandmom

Keep up the great job!!!! Woo Hoo - Double Woo Hoo Down 10 lbs!!! AWESOME!!!! So very happy for you!!!!

Hey there SUE ~ Hope that you are doing okay... Miss seeing you around. Always enjoy hearing about your adventures

Well guys... I have to get going.
Cannot wait to get to those bathrooms and scrub toilets - NOT!

Have a Supercalafragilisticexpealladoucious Day !!!!
Old 11-07-2003, 12:05 PM   #126  

Angry

Hi JUDY ~ I found this web-site on another thread and thought that it may be helpful to you and answer some questions you may have still on the cpap you are using. Hope this helps some... the links are below:

http://www.cpap.com/productpage.php?PNum=757

http://www.cpap.com/productpage.php?PNum=105
Old 11-07-2003, 12:10 PM   #127  

Hi everyone.

Everyone in the house has a cold except the love of my life. Laura is going to a football game against there rivals tonight. The other school vandalized their school Yesterday with spray paint. She helps out in the principals office first period, so she hears all the dirt in the school. She answers phones and gives the teachers messages. She loves it in the office. She can still get homework done or study and she isn't in study hall with the other kids.

~Gary~ Tell Ron congratulations on his grades. He is fortunate to have an uncle that loves him and cares about his future. You asked me about my views on seperation of church and state. Our country was founded on christan values and I feel we are in trouble if we loss that. I believe in freedom of speech and religion. I respect those who voice their views even if it is different then mine. I get angry when christan views are po-poed as funtamentalist or right wing. I do not want my kids taught evalution as FACT. It is not fact and if they do that, I want creation taught to balance that theory. There are just as many scientist to prove evolution as false. I believe in micro evolution within a species but there is no proof of one species evolving into another species naturally. Man did not evolve from apes. I do believe in seperation of church and state including pagans, wica atheiests, cults. If they can't read the bible in school ,they should not be aloud to read material with witches ,warlocks, ( Harry Potter) Halloween parties etc. They can celebrate the fall.

~KDRULES~ I have heard of First Place as a christian diet program but not Prism. Tell me more about the diet. Is it like the South Beach diet? Congratulations on your weight loss. I weigh 236 right now and need to loss 100 lbs. I have been on every diet. I am discouraged about lossing. I know I have to get this off for my health.

~SAMI~ Target is a great store. It must treat you good if you have been working there that long. SunnyD is right about working for the lord . All we do, should be done to glorify him. Who cares about the other employees. If we do what is right ,and true ,and love on our co-workers God will bless us. Taking the kids to Ronald Mcdonald House to volunteer is a good idea. Kids get so self focused they forget about giving back to the community. Laura is in a program at school that requires so many hours of community service to graduate from high school. It is called IBC.( Iternational Baccalaureate curriculum).

~MICHELE~ Thank God they found the person that hit that poor boy. Have A blessed week.

" The secret of contentment is the realization that life is a gift, not a right."
Old 11-07-2003, 12:35 PM   #128  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

The woman who was arrested for hitting Scott said that she thought she hit a deer. Gosh, his poor family. There's something wrong w/the whole thing.

Gary~sounds like Ron is doing well and there is always room for improvement, right? I'd say he's doing remarkably considering his circumstances and w/ the ADD or ADHD or whatever, and no medication. I'm proud of him. Yep, Vikings are in town for Sunday's game. Not sure how the Chargers are doing this year. Guess you don't like them? Well, i have to root for my purple guys!

Going to a coffee shop tonight to hear a couple guys from church/Alpha perform on keyboard and guitar. Not sure if it'll all be Christian music or? I've got a crush on one of them....we'll see what happens.

It's official, my guy friend is going to CA w/me although he has to take a different plane out probably(we didn't book together) and he'll come home a few days earlier. I'm a little apprehensive about spending that much time w/him but i'm also happy that he'll have a nice Christmas. He has been a good friend to me. Should be fun. Will be very busy showing him around i'm sure.

Feel out of sorts today, can think of so many things i could/should be doing besides working! But someone asked how i was feeling and the mono i think is way better. I still have times where i can feel when i overdue. So i'm not over it i'm afraid. And the arthritis or whatever it is in my hips is better but not gone. Another reason for me to exercise cuz i'm sure it'd help.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:51 PM   #129  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default TGIF

GOOD EVENING LADIES

Just waiting for Angie to get back with KFC-- we never get that! I love it, chicken extra crispy-- Angie takes the skin off-- and I love the cole slaw and beans. She has been seeing a commercial (it really works) here for KFC and was shopping at the drug store near one this week- smelled the food and got hungry for it-- fine with me. She refuses to fry anything so this is as close as it gets to fried chicken for me. Reminds me to add my grandma's fried chicken to SunnyD's other site!!
Took my nephew over to his mom's motel, her car is broke down-- she had sent a cab for him before I got home from work-- thank goodness the cab didn't get here in time to take him-- not so sure I want him riding around these days in one-- boy have times changed!

SUNNYD Yes I am very proud of my nephew and told him so. It is a work in progress, his teachers are amazed at what we have accomplished so far. He has set higher goals for next quarter-- I want to stress he is a VERY SMART KID! so low grades mean a lack of things like failing to study, failing to do or turn in homework etc= LAZY-- however I do not allow him to be lazy!! Don't get me wrong- I give him plenty of time to play and rest-- I just keep him accountable for HIS JOB in life. He is very proud of himself!! too! as he should be. I am inspired by Angie too! she is no different than anyone else! she wants to rest and eat like we all do- she just pushes herself (and me) to do better/ eat better. Her friend had been walking alone- so now they push each other. Kind of like Angie and I in the marathon training and marathon we did a few years ago-- we pushed each other where we might not have done it on our own. Hope Joe had fun at the games- I always do-- I am with you though on the seats- I bring a cushion or stand.

Judy- I think we agree on things- as I said I just don't want someone other than a TRUE christian teaching my child the bible. Your story reminded me of being in high school- the biggest game of the year and my girlfriend and 2 of her friends went to the rival school and burned a big V- for our city- on their 50 yard line-- the other school tried to fix it but it still showed really bad-- we were together for 3 years after high school-- guess when I found out about it? at our 20 year reunion-- the girls were so worried about getting in trouble they swore not to tell until the 10 year-- we visited that day but that didn't come up. Hope you all get over the colds.

MICHELE- The Chargers are bad this year! and yes i do not like them- but my buddies do so kick their butts for me. My Pastor will be so happy (he grew up in Minnesota) and is a big fan. Yes Ron did accomplish a lot-- he is really doing well-- just is taking time as he had no study skills or good habits before-- with his mom it is TV or video games- she is lazy/lazy and it rubbed off on him. He is feeling really good about himself now that he is doing better!As far as the ADHD or ADD he has been diagnosed with- I see no need for medication and neither do his teachers. Have fun at the coffee shop with your "CRUSH" hope is is thinking the same right back!! But why wouldn't he right? and if he isn't he is a "LOOOOOSER"

Sunny I forgot- about Ron butting in-- he just has to have something to say in any conversation going on around him-- if the teacher is scolding another child Ron will just jump right in. That is what I mean about not minding his own business. He answers a lot in class and blurts out from time to time- the teachers accept this- it is when it has NOTHING to do with him that he gets in trouble. He is aware of this problem and is working on it too.

Well hi to WILMA, SAMI, SPROUT, SUE, KDRULES, and ANGEL

Gotta go-
IN PEACE, Gary
Old 11-07-2003, 08:58 PM   #130  

Hello I am wore out it has been a long week. We are doing alot of hiring so I have been really busy! I had my teacher conferences with my 3 younger ones and I am so happy to say they were great! I really struggled last year with what to do with Ashli because she struggled so hard and they had her doing 2nd grade work in third. I held her back and this year I am holding her accountable and she is doing great! She is so much happier and even with her learning problems she is one of the top of her class. I would like some prayers for a very good friend of mine her daughter is my 16yr olds close friend they have put her in the hospital due to depression. They have her on so many meds and she has become very ill.

EZ-I said I was thankful for my family getting along I was talking obout my inlaws LOL! I don't think I would let Ron ride in a taxi either! Why didn't she just wait for you to come home?

Michelle-When I read the story about the young man I can tell you I do understand Moms just have that feeling when thier kids are in danger. What was the person thinking who hit him? Even if it was a Deer they shouldn't have left it on the side of the road to suffer! I hope you are feeling better.

Sprout-My heart is going out to you. I will pray that maybe they will find away to make you better. Do some research and who knows maybe you will find someone who can help. My prayers are with you.

Judy-Don't get discouraged I can not tell you how many times I have lost and gained the same LBS over and over! I know Satan wants us to give up so we will gain more and more! The first two weeks were tough but I have even gone days without writing down what I have ate because I know what to eat! And now that I am on my way I am feeling so much better about myself. I shopped ahead and planned my days. I even have looked up what to eat if I have to eat out so I am prepared! And I stayed away from the scale until I could tell I had lost so I wouldn't get discouraged! I keep reminding myself I didn't gain it overnight and I am not going to lose it overnight! Don't give up! set small goals and work toward them. If you think I need to lose 9 lbs this month that doesn't sound hard but when you think I need to lose 100 it is depressing! I pray and thank the Lord for helping me one day at a time! We are here for you so keep on Posting!

Wilma-How are you doing? I hope all the candy is gone now. At work they had tons of it at my desk and everyone kept stopping to eat it so I moved it to another office so I wouldn't be tempted! How have things been at work? You have been on my mind today so maybe that means something good happen I hope.

SunnyD-I am so sorry to hear you lost a child. You are right you will be with her in heaven someday! I am glad you are back at curves just take it easy! I have had to back down this week on my workouts because it turned warm and then cold and boy does that make me ache! My right hip so real bad and keeps me awake so I am not going to make it worse.

kdrules-Welcome! I am looking foward to getting to know you! I have finally think I have found what works for me. So you can tell in my post and and happy that I am finally losing! Post often I know for me it really helps.

I better go and relax! I have been real bad and bought things on ebay again so I am going to be in trouble! One more prayer request my DD who just got married found a very nice house they have put a bid on. It is brand new and they got a good deal on it with lots of extra's because the people who built it backed out. The credit people called today and said they may close as soon as 10 days from now! And they will pay out the rest of the lease on thier apt! If you remember before they got married they got with the wrong person who cause them a lot of problems. So Pray that the Lord will bless them in his will.
Old 11-07-2003, 10:28 PM   #131  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all!

Just getting home from the coffee shop. It was quite fun! My 2 cousins also came so we had a chance to chit chat for awhile. And they pretty much packed the place w/people from 2 churches at least. There were 3 of them tonight, an acoustic and electric guitar(my crush) and a keyboardist. They did a little rock, a little country and a little Christian music and it was cool. My crush even sang a couple songs which was a treat, i didn't know he was a singer and he has a really good and distinct style. I felt like a groupie! He is so dang shy though. And I find myself shy around him. But he said hello and whenever he finished a song, he looked at me.......oh, i'm probably just thinking that.

Have to work tomorrow, must get to bed.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Old 11-07-2003, 11:51 PM   #132  
Quit counting at 45!

It's been a long day for me. Mondays and Fridays are always really busy days and I get home and crash. I had the evening to myself tonight. I ate leftovers and then watched decorating shows all evening. It's almost time for DH to come home. He's been gone for 2 nights and I'm excited to see him.

Sami: Thanks for thinking of me today. I had a really good day. My boss has been extra friendly to me even though he hasn't talked to me about the issue. I've decided it's not worth pursuing. I love the people I work with and am grateful to have a job I really like. Oh, the guys polished off the chocolate bars so I'm not tempted anymore.

Gary: It' amazing how smells affect us. I also like the smell of KFC until after I've eaten. Then it doesn't affect me at all. Please congratulate Ron for me also. He must thrive in your home to make such quick progress. He knows that you love him and have expectations of him. My youngest DS got a job tutoring a Grade12 kid who is struggling with math. This kid was barely passing. With DS's help he managed to get 75% on his last test. Made both the kid and his parents really happy.

Michele: It sounds like you had a great time. I love going to hear Christian music. Idon't get much of a chance these day. Too busy I guess.

eisenj: Hope your household is feeling better soon. Eat lots of chicken soup!!

Sunny: I did mean to thank you for that verse. It did help me put things in perspective. I also appreciated your prayers. I'm so glad Curves is going well for you. I'm still faithfully going too. I weigh in around the 18th. I'll keep you posted.

KD: A big welcome to you. I hope you find the support here you need. I know these wonderful people have helped me a great deal.

Well, DH just got home so I better go. Good Night!!
Old 11-08-2003, 04:58 AM   #133  

Hi everybody.....hope all had a good week. I'm sooo glad it's the weekend. Friday was a very bad day for me. Had to stay with the maps all day at the station. They kept "falling out" of the computer. It's very complicated. Looks great over the air....really better than the other channels' weather maps. Such a headache, though. Connie had been out of town, (I had to work all week, again...this time, for her a pleasure trip.) She had to stay on cell phone the whole day's drive home with me to help me with them. If they're going to leave me with them....I do wish they'd get them to load easier. It's hard for her, also, so looks like they'd do something! They don't know yet, but I'm going to take Thanksgiving week off. I didn't have a vacation, & they all did. I'm planning to go to South Alabama to see my daughter & family. My "angel" road.
Had a birthday party last night in our 2 little rooms, for granddaughter. Pretty crowded....but was nice. Kept her & younger sister for son & daughter-in-law to go out. Thought it would make me tired enough to sleep all night....at 3 am, I got up....again! Got a lot on my mind...lawyer called with a very small offer from Maytag Co. I got VERY upset. DH called lawyer back & had a very lengthy discussion with him. I think he got our message loud & clear. This is absolutely rediculous. We didn't do anything wrong....but, have nothing left to live in or with because of their faulty stove. Thanks for letting me vent.

KDRULES! So very glad to have you with us. Sorry I'm such a gripe today....I'll finish my coffee, & it'll be better.

Yes....I AM going to start saying "no" a little more often. I found out, the more I do, the more people expect me to do. It would be nice if I was able....but then, I wouldn't be on disability with so many health problems. I always wanted to do all I could for anyone who asked, though.

Also...know about that precious Holy Spirit dwelling inside! We are given the spirit of discernment. I didn't understand this as a new convert (several yrs ago), but as time passed, I've learned you can tell (without being told) when someone is a christian. I sing a song, "I Want the People to See Jesus in Me". We don't have to tell we're a christian. If we truly are....they will know it. That's my lesson for today.

It's turned cold....got to wear my new suede jacket! Also, bought myself a digital camera....love it! I may get started, SunnyD, & start posting pics! Only pets, are 2 horses, though.

Hope all the sick are better today....prayed for you & families. Keep praying for our soldiers....& thanks.
Have a good weekend.

Last edited by Angel-lover; 11-08-2003 at 05:00 AM.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:02 AM   #134  

JOIN US ON POST #177
Old 11-08-2003, 12:27 PM   #135  

Smile

STOP HERE...

Just thought I would lend a helping hand and leave a LINK BELOW to our next thread... hope you don't mind Sami

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=34225
Closed Thread