Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 02:53 PM   #61  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Amanda! that is wonderful news regarding your interview. My advice would be to pray about it and go in there knowing that you are protected, if you are meant to have this job, you will. Go in there and be yourself and they'll see how valuable you are. And woohoo on the quitting smoking! I know you can do it!

I may be making final arrangement for a flight to CA for Christmas! I'm sooo excited!!
Old 10-28-2003, 08:26 PM   #62  

...SunnyD...hope you're well soon. Yes, I'm praying very hard for all involved in the fires! My heart aches for them.

Gary...Please...keep yourself & family safe. Don't take any chances. We're all praying.

Thanks to all for the prayers for DH's back. He still has problems..but slowly recovering.
Praise-a-thon went well...I'm almost recovered from it!

Amanda...congratulations on the interview! I'll be praying for you.

Hope all of you have a wonderful week!
Old 10-28-2003, 10:59 PM   #63  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thank-you all for the prayers-- we are still not in any danger other than very poor air quality-- one of the fires near us took out a whole (small country town) today- about 100 homes-- it was up in the mountains- Cuyamaca, by Julian-- Michele knows where that is. So sad-- the whole southern part of our state is a big disaster. Angie and I would NEVER stay and try to save our home-- one thing about being Christians we know Jesus first- family next-- the rest isn't important in the big picture. A lot to do tonight-- see you in the morning.

IN HIS CARE- Gary
Old 10-29-2003, 07:11 AM   #64  

Hi friends,

I feel kinda blue today. I'm tiered of being fat. Also tiered of having no energy. No diet seems to work. I would love to be a size 10. When I see my self in a long lenght mirror I see an old fat ugly women. Sorry for being such a downer!!!!

~ Amanda~ I am so glad you got an interview. Does Dublin have any local towns that people travel from that is cheaper to live. For example New York city is way to expenive place to live , so most comute from New Jersey. I'll pray for a GREAT INTERVIEW.
- dress for success
- Smile
- research the job and company
- have one page resume
- be yourself
- make eye contact
- write a follow up thank you for interview

~Angel~ Was your praise-a-thon a fund raiser? Our local christan station is WAFJ. They do a great job. Around christmas they have the children sing songs. Most of them are 2-6 years old. They mess up the songs so bad ,but they are so...... cute. We realy look forward to their singing. It not christmas without those little ones singing. I laugh so hard.

dog (baby) is snoring next to me. Sometimes when she is dreaming in her sleep she starts barking and running. For the last two nights she woke up my husband at night. She is in the dog house(He is not happy with her.)

~Gary~ We are praying for your safty. Are there any friends or family in danger? Please lift the firefighters up in prayer. I'm sure they must be tiered and their families are worried about their safty. I have alot of respect for men/weman firefighters they put their lives on the line to protect us. They don't make a whole lot of money for all the work they do.

God we love you and we ask that you surround these men and weman with a hedge of protection. In Christ Jesus name Amen.

" although the tongue weighs very little, few people are able to hold it. "

" even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! " James 3: 5
Old 10-29-2003, 07:42 AM   #65  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Judy~great scripture passages......makes you think. I'm sorry you are feeling down. I think we all have those days, i'm hoping today you feel better.

Gary~yes, i do know that area and I heard about Julian too, it seems it may burn also. That is one of my favorite places to visit. I love that store where they make apple cider and have all the dried nuts and candy. And there is a winery near there that I like. The aerial pictures are quite something. I'm so happy you and family are in no danger but i'm sure you have to constantly be attentive. My mother is surrounded by it practically, in the west in Simi Valley, Northeast in LaVerne, and San Bernardino and Riverside County and all the way down in to the south to San Diego and down to Mexico border. It's really a tragedy. You are right, it's the people who are affected that are a tragedy, not the houses or items lost. My friend here in MN said, "Why don't your parents leave the city to get away from the fires?", and i explained that he didn't realize how big an area it is, and where would they go?

They are getting lots of snow up north, but we haven't seen any yet. That's fine w/me. I'm not looking forwad to it. So i've got to change my attitude. Might as well embrace it since it's sure to be a reality here soon.

Have to get ready for work.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:11 AM   #66  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's sounds like a dreary day for some of us. I had someone at work say something that upset me and I woke up in the night thinking about it. I need to change my attitude because I know where it came from.

Judy: I know exactly how you feel. The important thing to remember is that God made you and He doesn't make junk. I'mpraying for you.

Gary: I saw more on the fires in the news yesterday. So devastating. I'm praying that they get the fires under control SOON!

Michele: I hope you have a good day today. Let us know how the WOE is going.

Amanda: Congrats on the job interview. Hope it goes well for you.

Hello to everyone else. I'm praying for an OP day for each of us.
Old 10-29-2003, 01:56 PM   #67  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down WEDNESDAY

HI LADIES

Hope this finds you all well! Things are better (?) here today. The air is much better to breath due to the winds coming in from the coast and moist air-- however, the winds could blow the fires in another direction-- time will tell. Over 5,000 firemen out there-- in our area now there are 12 confirmed deaths, 1,000 lost homes at least and over 300,000 acreas gone. There are a lot of conflicting reports on the news-- plus the confusion between San Diego area fires and Los Angeles area fires-- all are devastating.
Some of the questions people from other areas are asking us is how they can burn so much land--- in California, for those that don't know-- you can go from the beach on Pacific Ocean to the desert to the mountains all in less than 50 miles-- one area from another just intertwines and changes rapidly-- people living in the mountains- out in the middle of nowhere-- can be in the city in 30 minutes (without traffic) In between all of these low populated areas are thousands of homes. The way these fires are going with the winds they skip over freeways and continue through tracks of homes-- normally the fire stops at the road. One of our fires here is the largest ever in our state. Some of the fires are combining too. As Michele mentioned about her parents, to my north, they are and we are (except for the ocean side) surrounded by the fires yet we feel fairly safe because they are not moving towards us at the moment-- and Angie and I are still at least 10-15 miles away from the nearest one-- with a lot of freeway in between. I have friends a lot closer but so far no lost homes.

I am off today so I could take my nephew to the doctor for his yearly check-up. Today is his 13th birthday-- he checked out just fine, had a few shots and we went to the lab for urine and blood samples-- he is getting ready to spend the rest of the day with his mom. We will have ice cream and cake tomorrow with him-- already gave him a new movie he wanted.

Well I have errands to run.

Thank you all for your prayers and I will be back later.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:58 PM   #68  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry

GARY ~ Thanks for staying in touch about all the fires in Ca... how very sad this all is. They are saying that the fires have destroyed enough land to equal the size of either Rhode Island or New Hampshire (can't remember)... That's allot of land!!!! All those homes and lives gone, just cannot imagine. It sure makes you count your Blessings! My continued prayers for you, your family in safety and for all those that have been though so much sorrow and loss!

On a brighter note --------------- "HAPPY 13th BIRTHDAY, RON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

WILMA ~ Yard-work... Yes! Tons of work to do, but they are forecasting 70* temps for this Saturday so at least that will be cooperative with us. It is suppose to go up into the 60's tomorrow - yeahhhhhh. It will be so nice to see the sun and some warmer temps. I always feel better with the sunshine. I get melancholy when it's cloudy or dark... and that's about 7 months out of the year here! I would love more sunshine, but if I stay here gotta take the cloudy days. That's why I do allot of crafty things - it keeps me busy, so I don't spend too much time thinking about it. My DS told me that they got some snow in Maine... it's been pretty darn cold here already, but no snow yet thank goodness.

MICHELE ~ You going to see Gary & Angie in Ca when you go??? That would be cool, huh. Would you be visiting family??

My niece IS adorable - huh - teeheehee. I cannot wait to go see her and hold her. Joe has been there twice already to visit, I'm jealous! I agree Mikala a beautiful name... her middle name - ROSE - is after grandma on her daddy's side. As far as the weather goes, that's what I do too - embrace it. Otherwise it will make you bonkers. I just find projects that have been on the back burner all summer and fill my days with them. Speaking of projects... I made like 11 cards today and cleaned out the spare-room that I have needed to clean out for months! So I feel real accomplished! And I am feeling so much better!!!!! Like myself again - YOU too????

Last edited by SunnyD57; 10-29-2003 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:02 PM   #69  

Angry Judy

JUDY ~ Awwwwe, sweetie --- I am sorry you are blue today. Thank you for our quotes and scripture!!! I sure did miss hearing from you. I went through the blues last week real bad because of being sick for so long, couldn't imagine having to live with illness all the time like SPROUT and ANGEL do. Are you sleeping okay??? Is that machine working for you or are you getting frustrated? If you are... have you called anyone to lend a helping hand or get your questions answered? Remember, it's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil... so if you need to have things adjusted so your life is better - don't forget to ask, okay.

I know what you mean about being fat! Me too - hate it! But I do think I have lost a bit of poundage during this last three weeks being ill. I have to watch what I eat, so I can get well again. I am looking forward to seeing what I weigh-in at when I go to Curves again on Monday (11-3). Sure hope that I am not hit in the face with disappointment! GARY - is probably right, we should throw our scales away, but I don't have one now in the house and so I don't weigh myself everyday like before, but do need to at least touch base with reality to keep in touch with what I have to lose. You know what I mean? Cheer-up JUDY... we must remember that when we go to meet the Lord we will have our perfect bodies and that will be a glorious day, because our bodies won't even be on our minds anymore - all that will fill our minds & hearts will be "what we can do for our Lord!!" Is that COOL or what!?!
One day at a time... (((Huge-gentle-warm-HUGS)))

Oh and Thank-you so much for sharing about Judgement House... I have heard of that before and have seen it. It is wonderful that over 70 people have come to the Lord. What an experience! Prayers for your son --- is he feeling any better today?

Glad that you enjoyed the picture of my niece - she looks so darn precious, I could just kiss her little face all over. So very precious! Cannot wait to see her and her family and share in the Joy with them.

Oh JUDY --- My Mom is doing so much better, she even typed me a note today with her left hand. So wonderful. And my Daddy went to his counselor yesterday and everyone said he is treating my mom so much better (guess he got allot off his chest - he's in allot of pain also). Even my Mom told me not to worry about him - she knows he cannot handle life too well since the wars and is very understanding. She knows him better then I do and has to live with him. She knows best... and if she's okay - I'm okay. I asked her if she wanted me to come and visit and lend a hand and she was like "nono, I honey - I am fine". So I feel better that all is well with them both. My DS has been going over there every night to rub her legs and feet with lotions to relax her - my DS is so Precious! I just am so Blessed to have my Joe, cuz he is very caring like you described your hubby... Joe is & has been always there for me.

Last edited by SunnyD57; 10-29-2003 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:10 PM   #70  

Angry

AMANDA ~ It IS wonderful news! You have my prayers always ~ especially that you hear & are open to the guidance of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will guide and direct you in all aspects of your life - all you need do is ask. I so wish you well!!!!!!!! Keep us informed!

ANGEL ~ Thank-you so much! I am feeling so much better!!!!! It feels good to feel my health coming back. I am very tired right now, but I think it's because I had a very busy day today and it was my first 'active' day in weeks! Joe stopped home just as the furniture was being delivered - I was so glad to see him! - and all the pieces that were delivered were great. So everything but the behind the sofa-table is replaced and all in good shape. We should get that sofa-table by the second week of November. As long as it is all set for the holidays. How are you feeling? I know you got a treatment not too long ago. Also glad to hear that the Praise-a-thon went so well. How's the hubby???

Well, that's about all I have time for... I think I have written a novel here - Thread Hog strikes again Time for me to get dinner made.

Later... ...

Last edited by SunnyD57; 10-29-2003 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:54 PM   #71  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default Happy Birthday Ron!

Happy Birthday Ron!!!! :bc: Enjoy your day!

Sunny~it'd be a lot of fun to see Gary and Angie, will have to see what they are up to. It will be a fairly quick trip and there are so many friends and family to see. It seems i always make someone angry or sad i wasn't able to see them. And now i kind of got myself in a pickle. My friend Byron wants to go and it'll be fine but i'll also have to entertain him a bit. I'm not sure i want to deal w/the questions cuz we are JUST FRIENDS, and i know it'll be fun w/him but we'll see what happens.

I finished a double-long italian knit scarf tonight that my boss ordered! It's really beautiful (if i do say so myself ) it's in these beautiful autumn gold and orange and brown colors. I hope she likes it. I'm starting another red one. Have 3 more to make. It's helping me to make some extra Christmas money.

I'm tired tonight, i'm going to bed early.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:15 AM   #72  

Hi friends,

Sorry I was so down yesterday.I felt better after my bible study. We are studing about Paul. Philippians4:1-9 It was about finding peace and joy. I got a new Quote one of the ladies gave me. " Joy is the flag that flies from the heart when Christ is in residence in you." Pslams !9:7-9

The laws of the Lord is perfect; it gives new strengh.
The commands of the Lord are trustworthy,
giving wisdom to those who lack it.
The laws of the Lord are right,
and those who obey them are happy.
The commands of the Lord are just
and give understanding to the mind;
The worship of the Lord is good;
It will continue forever.
The judgement of the Lord are just;
they are always fair.

Paul was satisfied in all situations because he focused on God. He had never been in need. His additude was right. He had joy and peace and contentment even in the worst of times. I know many of you have gone through tough trials. Satan pulls me down at times. I have no reason for feeling the way I do. God made me beautiful just the way I am. He knows my struggles. I need to call upon him for strength.

~SunnyD~ I'm glad your dad knows he needs help. Thats a great step. He married a lovely lady who knows his strengths and weakness. Who are we to judge when we all fall short of the glory of God.

I go see my doctor today about my c-pap machine. I have been pulling the mask off my face about 3 Am every morning. That may be why I'm moody I don't know. I really think I need to get away to a quiet place to talk to the Lord about where I need to be in my life. The weight is only secondary. I love my family and husband I just feel empty.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:34 AM   #73  

EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD DAY!!

An angel is someone you feel like you've known forever, even though you've just met.
Angels are never too distant to hear you.

The sound of an angel's voice can unlock your hidden feelings.

Angels often work behind the scenes.

Sometimes your best friend is actually a guardian angel in disguise.

Angels hide nothing and see everything.

We've never had to look far to find our angels. Angels have never really been out of reach. We can always discover angels from the inside-out, because it is the angel inside us who can point the way to all our other angels.

An angel can fly directly into the heart of the matter.

A house call from an angel can heal a broken heart.

Angels may not come when you call them, but they'll always be there when you need them.

Angels encourage everyone in the right direction...up.

Angels say "halo" to everyone.

A gathering of angels can enlighten the whole world.

Angels are bright lights in the midst of our lives.

Angels occupy the loveliest corners of our thoughts.

Angels paint with sound and sing with color.

Angels like to do what they want, just for the heaven of it.

Angels always try to paint a rosy picture.

Angels have more meaning than just as characters in stories from the distant past. In fact, they are members of a cast who make appearances in our lives every single day.

Angels have a hidden agenda....LOVE.

While we are sleeping, angels have conversations with our souls.

Angels dream beautiful visions of the world.

An angel's love is weightless.

The warmth of an angel's light can comfort and illuminate the whole world.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
--- Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Angels are students in Heaven and teachers on Earth.

There are often people nearby who want to pull you up when you reach out. These are your angels-in-waiting.

Angels come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

Angels always lead you down the right path.

An angel is someone you're always happy to bump into.

An angel is someone who helps you believe in miracles again. And that is a FRIEND, LOVER, CHILD.

Angels stay on top of things.

Angels walk softly and carry a big presence.

Angels travel lightly.

Angels promote closeness and foster tenderness.

Angels don't make too much noise when they flap their wings.

Angels know how to pull the right strings.

Angels don't sing the blues.

An angel's art is his heart.

Angels are always memorable because they never forget what really matters.

Angels can't read music, they wing it.

Angels can fly even though they are well grounded.

Anyone who helps you grow is an angel.

Angels are the gatekeepers to the soul.

Smiles are the next best thing to halos.

Angels and ministers of grace defend us. -- William Shakespeare

Angels don't run away from life, they fly towards it.

Angels are very down to earth.

Angels know how to light the way.

If we were all like angels, the world would be a heavenly place.

Angels of a feather, flock together.

An angel is someone who raises your spirits! A TRUE FRIEND

An angel is a heavenly host.

The sky is the limit to an angel.

Angels believe in miracles. I say Angels ARE Miracles.

An angel is someone who brings out the angel in you. Maybe a Friend a Lover or a child.

Everyone has their own angel.

An angel appears to be just like everybody else, only more so.

Anyone can be an angel... to you.

We are all angels in training.

You don't have to die to become an angel.

There are no strangers to an angel.

The sweet souls who love, cherish, inspire and protect the angel in you are your guardian angels. They are your Friends and Family.

ANGELS
Angels are the guardians of hope and wonder, the keepers of magic and dreams. Wherever there is love, an angel is flying by. Your guardian angel knows you inside and out, and loves you just the way you are. Angels keep it simple and always travel light. Remember to leave space in your relationships so the angels have room to play. Your guardian angel helps you find a place when you feel there is no place to go. Whenever you feel lonely, a special angel drops in for tea. Angels are with you every step of the way and help you soar with amazing grace. After all, we are angels in training; all we have to do is spread our wings and fly!
Old 10-30-2003, 08:37 AM   #74  

Default Hi there!

Sorry to hear your still not up to par Judy. I think you should talk to your primary Dr. as well, and see if he has any suggestions for help, maybe a mild antidepresant would help, there are several people that need just a little and it makes a world of difference, and there is no shame in it. My brother is on paxil, which is for panic attacks, without it he can't function just a thought will keep you in my prayers. How is your son doing better I hope. This is the first time I have heard of Judgement House, but that sounds awesome, and to have that many people profess Christ, you must be doing something right. My pastor has been preaching in James about the tongue, and tis so true. I am talking away and suddenly relize I am gossiping, nothing really bad, just general conversation, But now catch myself and feel bad.
Gary- Happy B-day to nephew. glad to hear you and your family are safe. it is scary. I know imagine, me sending weather to Ca. That would be a switch. Thanks for the chuckle!
Amanda- CONGRATS ON NOT SMOKING- WAY TO GO if this is the right job, pray thatit works out.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:41 AM   #75  

Default continued-

Wilma- Sorry your getting snow all ready! I would rather rain then snow, don't have to shovel ha ha ha.
Sunny sorry to hear about your mom, good to hear dad is doing better. Pray ankle continues to heal. bet your excited new furniture finally in. Your niece is beautiful and I agree a great name. so pretty. She has chubby little cheeks.
Mitchy- So happy to hear your feeling better know what you mean your intentions are good then you falter. Going home for Christmas sounds exciting. listen gotta run, will come back later. bye
Closed Thread