Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-29-2020, 06:03 PM   #376  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to all
Thank you for all the suggestions on food and funk.....I know I go through this phase about once every 6-8 months and it does wear off and I almost need it to run it's course.
I did not WI this am since I feel so bloated and was up so much the past few days I just could not face it this am.
So far the eating has been under control but I feel the urge and want something more. If I could just pinpoint the craving I could eat it and move on. But noooo I have to try them all to identify the culprit LOL

I am getting excited about going back to work next Monday which will help with the boredom issue but then what to pack???
I did make humus with my own IP chickpeas, a small amount of sesame oil, lemon juice and garlic. No tahani or oil. And it actually tastes pretty good. I can munch on that while I watch tv after dinner.

Diana, congrats on the lease! When my time comes I am not sure who will buy/lease our building since we remodeled to DH specific business. For me that is really stressful
Rachel, Terri, pixel and Emily a big shout out to you for your suggestions. Thank you so much. btw those mini bags of popcorn....I tend to blow through 2 of those without blinking lately
Usc4valpo I use a lot of fitness blender workouts for cardio and strength training. You can create an account at their website then filter the video's for length, difficulty, and equipment used. so on days I am feeling really really strong I will opt for a 90 min 1,000 cal burn then on other days when not so great I can do a slow yoga routine.

ok running out now back soon
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 09:28 PM   #377  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Nancy - Those little bags of popcorn are delicious. I definitely recommend trying PowerCrunch protein bars. The peanutbutter fudge one tastes like a nutty bar. I like that one, and the mint chocolate one, which tastes like thin mints. They are best in the freezer!! They are 200 calories, but high in protein and really help my cravings. The LadyBoss Lean protein powder is amazing also; I make mine with almond milk, and a scoop of peanut butter. Tastes like a peanut butter milkshake. Or I throw in espresso powder instead, and it tastes like an iced latte.

Today: 1,305 calories - 416 calories exercise = 889 net calories

Brunch: 3 scrambled eggs with white american cheese, sliced ham. Two pork sausage links on the side, v8 fusion to drink.

Dinner: Salad made with Lettuce, spinach, breaded baked chicken, avocado, black beans, fire roasted corn, tomatoes, lime juice

Snack: Peanut butter fudge Power Crunch bar

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 04-29-2020 at 09:31 PM.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:02 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 281/191.1/185

Height: 5' 11"

Today's strength workout was difficult and I did a little over half of it. For some reason I was feeling left knee pain when bending with weights. I quit after that. In the late afternoon I walked 6+ mi, so far I have 17.5K steps. Nice but very windy day in Des Moines.

Total Calorie intake 1998 cal
Breakfast - Multi-grain Cheerios, 1% Milk, Chobani yogurt, slice of corned beef: 452 cal
Lunch: Half corned beef sandwich, Salad, Spanish Rice: 615 cal
Dinner: Pot sticker pasta, Modelo beer: 715 cal
Snack: Mini Bran muffin, tea cookie (my daughters bake a lot during this crisis!), Apple: 206 cal

Lesson learned: there was leftover Spanish rice and I probably should have avoided that.

Last edited by Usc4valpo; 04-29-2020 at 10:09 PM.
Usc4valpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:24 PM   #379  

good night all! usc4valpro, where do you live in iowa? my brother, sister-in-law, nephew and niece live in muscatine. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:57 PM   #380  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner 700( Calories)
Salad w/grilled steat (spring mix, sliced cucumbers, celery, mushrooms, shredded carrots, grilled steak, and BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
12,000 steps I am getting worn out from moving the stuff in the shop

Have a Blessed evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-29-2020 at 10:58 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 04:11 AM   #381  
Let's Go!

S/C/G: 240/185/160

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usc4valpo View Post
Good morning. I weight in and I have been at 235.8 for the past 5 days, despite 15K steps per day, some cardio and weights and NEAT activities. Cripe, a little frustrating. My calorie intake target has been 1950, but I have been slightly above - maybe around 2100 for the 5 days.

Pixel - I am using the calorie calculator from Real Appeal which is pretty good. I try my best to be realistic in what I add in the calorie count. However, my calories burn on FitBit may be higher than it should be. I need to find out what is going on.
Calculo.io (which is what I use, and is often recommended for calorie intake and macro goals) marks you at 5% deficit at 1950 calories - I think thats why you're likely not seeing results despite your efforts. For a 20% deficit, 1638 should do the trick. Do you have a food scale as well? I hope this helps!

Last edited by Pixel; 04-30-2020 at 04:12 AM.
Pixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 05:11 AM   #382  

Default April 2020

GOOD EARLY MORNING!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Yesterday, I gardened, filling 2 buckets with weeds, walked 5 minutes, and I biked 30 minutes. Diet okay, except for some cocoa and a small sundae. I am not doing what it takes to lose weight. Today, I hope to do more gardening if the weather cooperates. There are so many weeds this year...I am glad that I am getting something done.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 06:48 AM   #383  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Met my goals for yesterday. Took in 1150 calories.

Today's goals:
NS Plan, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium, treadmill OR lift weights.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 07:09 AM   #384  

S/C/G: 220/149/133

Height: 5'5

Today - 67.5kg.

No time for chat but hope everyone is ok :-)
Jaimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 08:21 AM   #385  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In: 188
Down: .2

Have a Blessed Day and stay healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

April 30

James 5:11
Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

The end may not be in sight yet, but it's there somewhere. Ask the Lord for patience to make it work out. Job was beset by dozens of terrible afflictions, yet he kept his faith and his patience. He is a wonderful example for those of us who are dealing with the ordeal of a long diet. The Lord doesn't want us to suffer, even in small ways. When we diet, we open ourselves to a long, hard road of discomfort and struggle. Having the Lord on our side makes the struggle easier and the discomfort manageable. Job knew that as long as he had his faith, he had everything he needed to get by. The same is true for us today.

Today's thought: Patience makes the fast pass faster!
Old 04-30-2020, 08:23 AM   #386  

S/C/G: 175/158/145

Thank you all for the support. I'm going to close the sale of my house today.

Last edited by yangtzer; 04-30-2020 at 08:24 AM.
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 08:44 AM   #387  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangtzer View Post
Thank you all for the support. I'm going to close the sale of my house today.
CONGRATS!
Old 04-30-2020, 09:16 AM   #388  

good morning! congrats on the sale of your house yangtzer! had breakfast. will go for a power walk in a few minutes.
Old 04-30-2020, 12:06 PM   #389  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Yaaaaay, 139.6 this morning! It's SO exciting to finally be in the 130s. Sorry I wasn't able to do personals yesterday... our washing machine broke and I've still been dealing with that work issue. We've had so many things break in the last few weeks. :sigh: Finally got things resolved at work this morning, thank goodness.

Yesterday:
Breakfast: cereal
Lunch: 1 slice avocado toast, smoothie, 1 square chocolate
Dinner: 3 slices cheese pizza... have no idea on the calories but it was thin crust and had hardly any cheese or sauce on it (but was still somehow tasty??) so I'm guessing not as many as could be. I didn't feel stuffed or anything afterward. 1 square chocolate, 1 oat ball
Exercise: 30 minutes tap class, 90 min yoga/massage/stretch

Today:
Breakfast: yogurt w/ jam and muesli
Snack: cereal

Jaimsy, that hummus meal sounds delicious! I could conceivably be at "new leotard weight" in a week so that's suuuuuper exciting.
usc4palvo, I do that too! I know if the scale stays exactly the same for several days in a row then I'm due for a whoosh. I wonder why bodies do that!
nancy, I hear you on the snacking lure. Hm, maybe like others have suggested, popcorn, or roasted chickpeas. What about roasted kale? It tastes totally different from fresh kale once you spray it with a bit of olive oil and salt. So tasty and crispy. I've been known to do hard candy too when I just want something sweet and something snacky, but it's low calorie and does have that satisfying crunch at the end.
Haha, Teri, it took me a while to figure out what you meant by cut leotards. I kept thinking, well, there are leos with cut-out designs and straps everywhere... maybe she means those? Cute makes way more sense I'm going for the most adorable leo I can find. I'll link a few that I'm thinking about at the end of my post.
And I'm very sorry about your friend. <3
ciecie, that sounds so dramatic about the car, like a real-life detective story! Glad it was found.
yangtzer, congrats on the house sale, and diana, congrats on the lease!

edit: oops, forgot to add the leo links.
https://www.discountdance.com/dancew...SID=1433229361
https://www.lullidancewear.com/shop/...a-luf526-lulli
There's a bunch of others with tons of lace that I'm really interested in, but they'll be more flattering once I've lost a bit more.

Last edited by Princessroja; 04-30-2020 at 12:21 PM.
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 02:20 PM   #390  

good afternoon! my neighbor is also glad it's found. went for a power walk and ran errands this morning. will 2 miles leslie sansone in a few minutes.