Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-08-2020, 12:19 AM   #121  

welcome liquidsilver!
ciecie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 01:39 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 220/149/133

Height: 5'5

Morning!

Weekly average - 69.7kg - down 0.5kg (roughly 1 pound)

Rachel & Teri - lol! To answer your question the equestrian cafe is a huge barn with a horse arena in it. One end had tiered seating and is complete open (no back wall) so the horses can enter and exit. You are allowed to just wonder round and hang out there but it is freezing cold! The indoor area runs along one side of the arena and consists of two rooms, one is the cafe and the other is a living room with leather chairs around the edge and a huge wood burning fire in the middle. The far wall of both rooms, the one facing the arena, has windows, with a long shelf running the whole way across and bar stools so you can eat your food and watch the horses either compete or practice. The toilets are funny because to get to them there are no windows just a small wall between the arena and the toilet doors so you can literally smell the horses and hear them 'hurumph' as they charge past as you walk to and from the loo!!!

All of this is very shabby..the leather sofas have holes in and the fire is almost never lit. But it kind of makes it a really friendly environment. We are not horsey people, but we love visiting because it is a fun experience for us and our little one.

The most surreal thing is the cafe, which is a traditional English 'greasy spoon' (do you have that expression?) Basically: fried food. But they do also have an alcohol licence so you can always drink a glass of wine with your bacon and eggs lol!!!

I had cheesy chips (chunky french fries) with salt, vinegar and tomato ketchup on them. Then we needed hot drinks to warm up and to get the card payment up to their minimum I 'had' to buy two chocolate bars as well (and eat them, obviously).

Lunch was a huge selection of vegetarian sushi with a massive glass of plum wine (husband did the driving) and mochi for pudding (sticky sweet rice ball with red bean filling). I was soooooo happy eating that food it was delicious! Needless to say did not need anything for dinner.

But today i'm a bit puffy. It was very high in salt.

Teri - that human /horse mask interaction sounds hilarious! How are you doing? I see you gained but do you think that is just your body doing its thing (holding on to water / reacting to something)?

Nancy - those breakfast burritos sound great! I think my husband needs something like that. He forgets to eat and then just had cereal that looks like cardboard. I don't think it is good enough, energy wise, so sustain him!

Joe - 8,000 steps is so good! I know how you feel about the weather. It's probably not even as cold here but I really have to trick myself into going out and exercising...as in 'i don't have to exercise... I'll just put on my clothes...I don't have to run, I'll just step outside... I don't have to do the whole route, I'll just make it to the end of the road' etc. It sort of works.

Pixel - wow that 0.6 is still a win! Also I forgot to say a while ago...I can't believe you used to have to carry you toddler up three flights of stairs at your old place! Thats amazing, it must have been quite a work out lol :-)

Princessroja - hope you have a great holiday!

Stephanie - Welcome! Don't stress, the forum is supposed to help not make you worry, lol - you'll see we all take a different approach :-)

Ciecie - so how much kitchen do you have?!? I'm envisioning a hot plate and microwave. Tell me it's better then that!!!

Ok, coronovirus - I'm on exactly the same page as Nancy. Soap and water, a good standard of hygiene and being mindful of your interactions with people around you. But then I'm in a low risk category in a small town that doesn't even have a gym or swimming pool and I don't have to use public transport because I can walk to work. I may feel differently if I was still living in the city.

Alright - have a great Sunday everyone!

Last edited by Jaimsy; 03-08-2020 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Spelling
Jaimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:12 AM   #123  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1700 +
Weigh In: 194.6
Up: .4 I contribute this to eating a heavier meal too late and not getting enough sleep.

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 8

Isaiah 65:24
And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

When we feel the weakest and most vulnerable, then is the time to turn to God. God knows what we are up against, even before we call upon Him. There is no one who cares more about how we feel and how we do than God does. He is our staunchest supporter. He also realizes how difficult it is to face our diets alone. He waits for us to call on Him, but He will not force Himself on us until we call. When we do call, He will act quickly to help us, since He already knows what it is we will be asking. Don't hesitate! Call on God when you need Him most.

Today's thought: I am never out from under Gods' watchful eye!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:43 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

LiquidSilver, Welcome, Stephanie!!! Yes, you can post however you wish. Do it how it helps you most. Thanks for joining us!

jaimsy, oh how I love it......the image of the horses charging past "harumphing" as one goes to the loo !! And, yes, we use the term "greasy spoon." What an appealing atmosphere....even with the holes in the couches .

I am down half a pound! Yay! I'll take it. I've been working hard staying on the plan. Took in 1160 calories yesterday. Did not meet my exercise goals though.....will try to get that done today .

Today's goals:
NS Plan, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium,

Last edited by Rachel1234; 03-08-2020 at 07:45 AM.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:35 AM   #125  

good morning again! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:53 AM   #126  

Default March 2020

GOOD MORNING!

Rachel: A half a pound is a half a pound. Think about an 8 oz stick of butter...

Jaimsy: Your equestrian venture sounds fun. It's nice to watch horses. They are such beautiful animals. ...I don't know what to say about my weight gain...dessert...no weight lifting...etc.

Welcome Liquid Silver! I record desserts because otherwise I forget...and lose track and get in denial...

Nancy: Where I live, there are a lot of empty churches, houses, businesses. There should not be any homelessness...You have a bigger problem out west with the tech industry and the inflation of property.

Joe: I signed up to return to the gym, but I have been stalling. The virus is not here (just on the eastern part of the state). I have a couple of social events to attend (this month) that involve food and some other stuff that involve people. I wonder what will happen...

My weight is the same. I am still up 2 pounds. ...I biked the past 2 days, but I did not weight lift. I ate dessert (again). I bought 2 "small blizzards". I intended to eat just a half of one, because a half is really a serving size...but I ate the whole thing and 8 hours later I ate the other. So much for delayed gratification. I also had one chocolate covered almond.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 02:32 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 175/158/145

Beautiful sunny day.

Just returned from a walk around the lake near my home with family.

More to come tomorrow.
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:51 PM   #128  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1450 calories +

Breakfast ( 240 )
Siggi's yogurt 110 calories
fruit 70 calories
chia seeds 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (560 calories) (same thing I had yesterday)
Panera Asian sesame salad w/BHF's ranch 500 calories
fruit cup 60 calories

Dinner (650 calories)
grilled salmon 400 caloires
mushroom asparagus risotto 250 calories

Exercise
2000 step walk w/Pahla B and 2000 step walk with Walk to the Beat fitness

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 03-08-2020, 09:58 PM   #129  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to all!
WI down a bit and hope it sticks for tomorrow real weigh in LOL
WO nothing planned just normal routine around the house today

Went out for one of the best pizza I have had yesterday, so thought we would go back today.....Not so good, both DH and I are regretting it. Oh well lesson learned, you don't eat that type of food two days in a row.

Anyway happy Sunday and daylight savings time. I am going to hit the hay soon .....4:45 am is going to be here earlier than I like

Personals tomorrow

nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 01:52 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 220/149/133

Height: 5'5

Morning - 70.1kg so up but hopefully salt related after weekend food. Really wish I wouldn't overeat at weekends but it is so hard not to!

Anyway, just got in from run, managed to do the whole route without stopping to walk to feeling very happy!

Hope everyone has a great day :-)

Last edited by Jaimsy; 03-09-2020 at 01:53 AM.
Jaimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 06:19 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Yangzter, Joe, a walk around a lake with family sounds lovely! Great way to get some exercise.

Jaimsy, way to go on the run !!

My average for the past week was 1140 calories per day. I met my goals for yesterday.

Today's goals: NS Plan, 2 liters water, fiber, calcium,
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 06:21 AM   #132  
Let's Go!

S/C/G: 240/185/160

Height: 5"8

Well, today is day 50 and I have something to celebrate.
I met my first goal of 20lbs down, and surpassed it by an extra .4

Some observations

Breaking up with sugar and carbs was something I didn't think I could do. I laughed in the face of Keto and how difficult it would be to apply to my life. Yet, I did the difficult thing any way

I haven't cheated, not even once. Not when mentally I was cracking, not when people pressured me, not when circumstances severely limited my options and I had to go without.

I have had no processed foods outside of my electrolyte mix. I have weighed, measured and cooked almost every bite.

That being said, I will continue to use it as a tool to get to my soft goal of 180lbs, and likely switch to CICO then. Keto people would clutch their pearls when I say this, but this is not the lifestyle for me long term. I borderline hate it

I'm going to make my next mini goal a 10lb.

Some not so positive observations: I haven't been good with exercise at all. I need to work on that. I've also had no real change in my body, so to speak. Yes, clothes are less snug and some fit better, but I do pretty much look the same. I haven't had some miracle with my skin or hair, in fact they're greasier and it's frustrating to maintain.

Jaimsy - Look at you go! Cheering for you big time. Yeah, I was a lot thinner then - little tantrum thrower almost never walked the stairs on his own
nancylmrn - I can't wait to hear how WW goes! 4:45am is a wicked time, you're SO GOOD for sticking with it. I whine about 6am
Teri000 - The fact that you logged in one almond speaks volumes. I did have a little giggle. But its a great thing, you are holding yourself accountable and know exactly where you stand.
Rachel1234 - YEAH - meeting goals!
LiquidSilver - Welcome!
Princessroja - Have a great time in Chicago! You're making me want Portillo's now!
Mikayla9 - Sounds like you're doing awesome. There are some days, mostly weekends that I don't check in either
ciecie, Yangster and Diana3271 - Keep up the great work!
Soon2BSlender - I hope you find your groove with calories, workout and hunger soon

Last edited by Pixel; 03-09-2020 at 06:27 AM.
Pixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 07:21 AM   #133  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:49 AM   #134  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1450 +
Weigh In: 194.2
Down: .4 (I am down the gain from Saturday )

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 9

Psalm 138:7
Thought I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.

I went through a terrible time when I first started dieting. Every once in awhile, I would get light-headed and my knees would buckle. It was not only embarrassing, but a bit frightening. When I spoke to the doctor about it, he told me it was just my mind playing tricks on me. He said my stomach was 'mad at me' for taking away its extra food. I didn't need as much food, but psychologically, I wanted it. I left the doctor and went out to my car to pray. Whenever I felt the light-headedness start to creep in, I asked the Lord to revive me, and He did!

Today's thought: God is all the pick-me-up I need!
Old 03-09-2020, 09:19 AM   #135  

good morning again! had breakfast. will work out in a few minutes.