Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-02-2020, 02:23 PM   #31  

good afternoon! had a healthy lunch. will go for another power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
ciecie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 03:38 PM   #32  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to all
Jaimsy, I can't run so kudo's to you. Years ago I followed the C25K, once I mastered the 5K I never ran again. Now my knees just don't like it. I would like to try again on a softer surface like on a hiking trail with real dirt under my shoes..and for point of reference, yes I was hot and sweaty after the hike even if the temps were in the mid 40's.
Rachel---oh pizza is one of my trigger foods....I will just have to sniff from afar <sigh> so sad
Pixel, I too have patterns my high days are usually tue and wed, no explaination for it but it is there with my low day being Sun...which is really odd since I allow myself not really a cheat day just a day to indulde if I choose and I almost alway choose too
Teri, I will notice gains after lifting some days...think of it as your joints adding extra 'oil' to keep things working right while the small tears that you create when you lift heal. It is always temporary
Diana good for you down almost .5 today so whoop whoop

I am not skipping the rest of the personals just ran out of time to comment

to all the new posters...can't wait to hear more about you!

WI today up from yesterday but same as Saturday...go figure??
WO, my fitbit bit the dust and won't even charge but that is ok, I know how many 'steps' so to speak I get in doing the elliptical and today I also did some step areobics type workout and upper and lower body weights.

Tonight I am going to ww at a new day and time. As the weather gets nicer and the days longer I don't want to be home on a Saturday morning at 8am for a weigh in. So I am going again tonight. I expect a 'gain' since it will be at the end of my day not first thing in the morning.

back later chicks

Last edited by nancylmrn; 03-02-2020 at 06:10 PM.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 04:11 PM   #33  

good afternoon! will go for a power walk in a few minutes.
Old 03-02-2020, 04:14 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 175/158/145

My Monday is always busy. Hope I can get some exercise later tonight.

ciecie..I guess it's nice to walk outside in March in NY. I just moved to NJ from GA. The winter here is not as bad as I thought How about your area?

Soon2BSlender..good job getting the foods logged.I tend to eat a lot of salt too. Do you read food labels for sodium?

Teri000..good job not having the ice crean yesterday I guess you gained muscle by lifting weights. And muscle is heavier than fat. So it's not necessarily a bad thing. Do you feel stronger?

Pixel..0.3 lb maybe just the water your body retains. no big deal. a Cheat Meal Might Help You Break Through Your Plateau. just my $0.02

Diana3271..good job on the 0.4lbs. what's Oxycise?

Maci2020..welcome we are all your accoutability partners.

Rachel1234..welcome back on plan. 2 slices pizza=400 calories. it's not that much if you control the portion. what's your favoriate pizza?

Jaimsy..good job for the morning run. Was it still dark outside? Do you live in Hawaii? It's below freezing at 3.30am here in NJ.

nancylmrn..wow, you got a lot done this weekend. do you have several hiking trails nearby?

Princessroja..welcome. what did you do to maintain the weight for 3 years? I think it's even harder than losing weight.
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 04:18 PM   #35  

yangtzer, we've had a very mild winter. there was a blizzard here last week. it's the worst we've had this year.
Old 03-02-2020, 05:28 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 165/106/96

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangtzer View Post

Soon2BSlender..good job getting the foods logged.I tend to eat a lot of salt too. Do you read food labels for sodium?
I do generally read labels for sodium, as I'm very sodium sensitive. My problem comes on the weekends when I eat out with the boyfriend. We love poke/sushi! I had a poke salad for lunch Saturday, cornish game hen and salad from a Persian restaurant for dinner, Sunday was a shredded beef taco salad for lunch, and sushi for dinner. I skipped breakfast both days, but all of the meals were salty.

I took a week off from the gym because the boyfriend was resting an injury, but I'm going back today.
Soon2BSlender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 06:51 PM   #37  

good evening! went for a power walk before supper. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:22 PM   #38  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

yangtzer Oxycise is breathing exercises. https://www.oxycise.com/
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 10:25 PM   #39  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1465 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)
side salad w/BHF's ranch 150 calories
roasted turkey 250 calories
green beans 75 calories
steamed zucchini 75 calories
cut up fruit 100 calories

Exercise:
No workout, I had a follow up with the Dr. so I didn't have the extra time

Have a Blessed evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 10:40 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

You guys are rocking it!

Diary for today:

Breakfast:
2 pumpkin choc muffins
1 cup milk
~ 400 calories

Lunch:
6 spinach + feta blossoms
smooothie (soymilk, 1/2 banana, frozen fruit, avocado chunks, plain greek yogurt)
frozen banana bites dipped in 100% cocoa
~ 600 calories

Snack:
pumpkin choc muffin
lara bar
~ 350 calories

Dinner:
2 ounces za'atar chicken + salad + rice
ice cream
~ 300 for the meal, no idea for the ice cream

1650 without ice cream, impossible to tell total. Maybe 2200-2400.

4.75 hours teaching for my exercise--I'm a ballet teacher so I'm sure you can imagine it's a rather active job! Tonight was a wild ride since a coworker never showed up and I wound up trying to teach a big bunch of kindergarteners on the spur of the moment. Luckily my more advanced kids thought being my assistants for a while was great fun. But yeah, quite an evening.

Thanks to Rachel, ciecie, Diana, and Pixel for the welcomes!

Jaimsy, thanks so much! I love nutrition and cooking and enjoy making and eating good food.
Teri, it means red princess! I'm a redhead and it was my dad's nickname for me when I was little.
yangtzer, intuitive eating basically. I've spent the last four years retooling my relationship to food and outlook on eating.* So I've worked really hard at learning about food and my own psychology and listening to my body for what I need. Really worthwhile, but a lot of work. I don't find maintaining difficult, by and large.

*Being totally honest, I've had some brushes with disordered eating and unhealthy mental habits. This is the first time I've been able to be in an accountability situation like this, and while I'm really excited I'm at a point where I can do it, I probably won't engage much with calories/scale numbers. And if I vanish out of the thread suddenly, it's probably me just taking some time to make sure I stay healthy.
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:27 PM   #41  

good night all! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:08 AM   #42  
Let's Go!

S/C/G: 240/185/160

Height: 5"8

Can't seem to find the motivation or rhythm for exercise at the moment. "They" say weight loss is mostly diet but I feel like such a lump. I'm sure my mental health is contributing to it, I've had clinical depression my whole adult life and I've been off medication for a year or so now, since I don't like the side effects. I have decided to give this whole "keto clarity" another month to set in and decide. A lot of people report a major improvement with depression and anxiety, maybe I'm just too far off the deep end

Teri000 - Haha right? So soft and snuggly... I'm not well versed but from what I understand, yes, you do gain weight lifting as muscles hold water from the micro tears they need to grow.
Soon2BSlender - I hope the sodium shed happens for you quickly
ciecie - Awesome!
yangtzer - I can't "cheat" but what I do sometimes on weekends is allow myself a slight calorie bump if I'm feeling hungrier than usual, oftentimes I don't though.
nancylmrn - You're a brave soul! I never weigh in the evenings, the scale is so mean then
Princessroja - Sounds hectic! Well done on keeping yourself accountable and making positive choices. We are here for support whenever you need it!
Diana3271 - I hope the appointment went well
Pixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 01:18 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/149/133

Height: 5'5

Morning!

69.7kg today. I tried to run - did the same route as yesterday but I walked a lot of it because of achy muscles. I need to transition more slowly but, yes, did sign up for a 10k in May and so need a very steep improvement curve!!!

Joe - I live in England, it's just starting to get light now, at 6am.

Soon2BSlender - I also had an eating disorder and come from a dance background. It's not the healthiest environment. Then I was so busy congratulating myself on not being sick anymore I gave my weight gain a pass and realised...I still had a disorder only this time it was making me fat instead of thin.

It's along journey for sure. It's taken me 2 years to get to this weight doing it slowly and mindfully and really taking the time to understand how my body, mind and emotions interact. It's good to share your experiences because I think a lot of people who struggle with weight gain have problems that don't just involve eating a few too many biscuits!

Pixel - hugs for you. I hope that you are able to focus in on what you need right now. The seems a strange observation but...do you take multivitamins and an omega 3 oil every day? Sometimes your body gets depleted and that can really have a negative effect of someone who already is predisposed to depression.

I'm no expert but I'm given to understand it is always good for everyone trying to lose weight to take some kind of suppliment and I take multivitamin with iron everyday, along with a strong vegan omega 3 tablet and my cup of Kefir, which is high in probiotics.

I know some people take super strong vitamin D each day as well but I've never needed that. Just my contribution :-)

Whoops...my toddler is calling me.... Have a great day everyone!
Jaimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:21 AM   #44  

Default March 2020

GOOD MORNING!

Jaimsy: Running a 10 K? You must be pretty fit. I ran my first when I was in my 20's. There were 10,000 people in it, which made it kind of exciting. I had trouble walking for a couple of days afterwards...Running shoes were a new thing back then.

Pixel: I heard that fish is good for depression...

PrincessRoja: I wondered if you were a redhead...

Joe: I am MUCH stronger...but I wanna lose weight. too. ...Alas, I had a small sundae (again) yesterday. But I bring it home and put a few chopped walnuts or pecans on it...

Nancy: When I used to run, it always hurt, even when I was fit and skinny. The pain would last about 20 minutes until the endorphins kicked in.... Besides the leg/foot pain, I was too top heavy...

Soon2BSlender: Weight loss/gain is sometimes mysterious to me...

I am at a 20.8 pound weight loss. I did no weight lifting yesterday, but I biked 30 minutes. Diet was good except for a small sundae, a bite of a cookie (I mooched), and 2 dark chocolate covered almonds. I drank lots of hot water, ate lots of fruit. I was at a garden center over the weekend. They were selling fruit at unheard of prices. Black raspberries at 50 cents a pack and strawberries at $1 a double pack.

Don't forget to vote if you live in one of those states that you can...
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:27 AM   #45  
Let's Go!

S/C/G: 240/185/160

Height: 5"8

0.2lb for today, expecting some kind of nudge in the next day or two

Jaimsy - You're doing SO awesome! Best of luck with your training <3 I do take a multivitamin, magnesium and potassium. I should add in an omega oil too, I always hear good things

Teri000 - WOOHOO almost 21lb! Happy dancing for you over here. I love raspberries, and 50c is a steal
Pixel is offline   Reply With Quote