Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-18-2019, 11:23 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,
143.6 -2
1550 cal yesterday, did not make goal of 1200, but at least I stuck close despite going out for dinner.
1.5 hours Pickleball
30 min yoga

I am hoping it will be easier to make the 1200 during the week.
May be just wishful thinking.
Tough work week ahead, so forgive me if I don't make long posts. Already started out with only 4 hours sleep last night, due to staying up late for work.

Happy to be back with you all!

Ciecie- do you still have snow?

Anybody else have snow? It has stuck around for 2 weeks or so here. Kind of early for snow with staying power.
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:32 AM   #182  

good morning again! got home from power walking and running errands a few minutes ago. will go for another power walk and run more errands in a few minutes. went to rite aid and noticed they have eye drops/gel on sale this week. i didn't have enough money to pay for them when i was there the first time so i decided to go back later on.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:44 PM   #183  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning/afternoon/eve
Well yeah for me WI down to 163.4, guess not eating dinner helped??? We actually went out for 2 beers and split an order of potato skins (light cheese no sour cream) I did not eat my dinner since I was still full from the late lunch.
WO well wasn't much today, had no energy (2 beers yesterday) well so it was trade off, beer- no dinner- and lazy morning at the gym....not a combination I recommend.

So I am going to try this newer version of WW that my DS is following, it cuts your daily points back from 23 per day to 16 per day. BUT it will let me eat a potato or brown rice without using any points...two of my favorite things hahaha (not really super favorite but I have avoided them)
We will see how that goes. Also made a new pot of yogurt for the week and a nice frozen bag of blackberries and rasberries to add to it each day.

Back later for personal stuff
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:27 PM   #184  

good afternoon! got a few things done around the house this afternoon. will get a few more things done in a few minutes. will also go for another power walk later on this afternoon.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:42 PM   #185  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Very tiring and frustrating day. DH needed help with a truck and I had to go do our health insurance renewal. After work, DH and I went to eat dinner. I came back to the shop to do some filing. I am still at work, making my post now so I don't have to turn the computer on when I get home.

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories
I feel very heavy from the salad. It did have some bacon in it, which I should have told them to hold.

Exercise:
No workout to report, see above.

Have a Blessed evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:36 PM   #186  

good night all! power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:29 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning. Did not weigh but was good yesterday and I am just going to try to weigh once a week on Mondays. First thing in the am I don't want to strip down because it is cold .

Just a swing by to get started. The day is planned. My stomach is growling at me but, oh well, it will have to get over it until breakfast time.

Diana - talked with my daughter on reflexology and she says some swear by it but it is not, in her opinion as effective as a proper massage. She said the problem with getting a good massage in that area is that a therapist really needs to be top notch and know their anatomy as you can seriously injure even kill someone if you do something wrong in the neck area so many therapists really avoid it or go lighter than necessary to release the tension. I know my younger daughter was messed up by a chiropracter on her neck and had to see a neurologist for a while and even now has some problems. She does trust her sister with it but she is about the only one.

Nancy - Yay for the drop and hope the new approach works well.

Ciece - wow I did not know Rite Aid was in business anywhere. All the ones near hear have gone out of business. CVS and Walgreens pretty much rule the free standing drug store wars here.

Zallie - nice drop!

Last edited by grannynancy; 11-19-2019 at 06:31 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 07:04 AM   #188  

good morning! grannynancy, i'm lucky that my local rite aid is less then 5 minutes from where i live. just had breakfast. will go for a power walk in a few minutes.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:13 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Zallie, for me to do weights, I focus on maintaining strength, not muscle definition. If I overdo the weights, I will not continue with it. My weight-lifting is not strenuous. Does that answer your question at all? It's also 'convenient' for me to lift some weights since they are at my parents' place. Pretty ideal set-up for me; to not take advantage of it would not be smart.

Well, I've decided to try to just maintain now til January. I'm so tired of counting calories. Need to do something different. I'm going to try to eat in moderation and only when I am truly hungry. We'll see how this goes .
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:54 AM   #190  

good morning again! just got home from power walking and running errands. will get ready to take the bus to a neighboring community to power walk and run errands there in a few minutes.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:13 AM   #191  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Today is me and my DH's anniversary, 31 years! I still don't know what we are going to do. It will be off plan for dinner, but hopefully in moderation. Like Rachel, I am hoping just to maintain, through the holidays. Of course a loss would be awesome.

I knew I felt heavy last night. I think the bacon was the problem. At home, I use meats/lunch meat/bacon, etc without nitrates. This is not so when you eat out. Lesson learned. This may have been part of my problem while I was not weighing daily. I would have days that I felt really heavy and didn't know why. I am probably sensitive to nitrates, but I don't know. But going forward, if I order a salad that has bacon, I request it without the bacon. I am up 1.2 pounds to 194.6. Other than the bacon, the salad should have been fine. There is absolutely no reason to have that much of a gain, except for a sensitivity.

Last night: Basic Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In: 194.6
Up: 1.2 pounds

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

November 19

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, 'I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.'

Ralph might as well have been dead. He never went out. He had few friends. He never felt like trying to do anything. He ate and drank and slept and went to work. What a life, if you could call it living. One day he couldn't bring himself to look at his own face in the mirror. Tearfully, he picked up the Bible his dead wife had given him some years before. As he read, he realized how he was throwing his life away. He was somebody important, if for no other reason than that God had made him. With a prayer of thanksgiving on his lips, Ralph decided to make a new start, and God's hand was upon him from that day forward.

Today's thought: I want to live the life God wants me to live!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:17 AM   #192  

good morning! diana, love today's devotional! will be a busy day for me here!
Old 11-19-2019, 01:18 PM   #193  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
WI sheesh up again back to 165.4, I can only assume this is due to the microwave popcorn I had the night before. I am sure it was sodium packed but oh boy did it taste good LOL. I will follow this new way of counting for a week and see what happens
WO I have noticed if I am listening to a book at the gym I am not working/focused as hard as when listening to music. I know this because I watch how many step on the elliptical I get in over the period of 10 min and 20 min. Just a little bit of scratch my head and huh?

Diana Congradulation on your Anniversary....wow who knew bacon could cause you such problems

Yeah Rachel for wanting to just do maintence,
Zallie, no no no to snow I am not ready for that, we tend to get a lot of black ice instead being close to the puget sound and the salt air keeps the snow down a bit
granny that is interesting about RiteAid in your area. We only have a few CVS that I am aware of and they are north of me somewhere and lots of RiteAid;s and Walgreens
terri how are you today?
ciecie? power walking, I know your days are always busy busy busy
muse hello when you have a moment to check in
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:33 PM   #194  

good evening! got home about a half an hour ago from power walking and running errands in a nearby community. will power walk to my meeting tonight.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:31 PM   #195  

S/C/G: S196/C193/G154

Height: 5 ft. 6 inches

Hello Everyone!

Hello Ciecie: Hope you slept well.

Hello Terri: I like all sorts of dance, but the dance I am doing is 'circle dancing' , it's quite gentle and it warms my heart, it creates a bond with other people and it's quite spiritual, which it is meant to be! Since I am quite unfit it's a good exercise for me and I meet really interesting and wonderful people. Although it's gentle the classes last a couple of hours. https://youtu.be/0cxg16DVRFE

Hello Diana: I hope you feel better today.

Hello Granny Nancy: Thinking of you and your DDs bless them, I am hoping that means Dear Daughters, I don't know all this online shorthand.

Hello other Nancy!!!!
and Rachel, Zallie and everybody!

Are we all going to make it to Christmas? I hope I do. Because of working to deadline I couldn't go out today and yesterday only managed 30 minutes. I like to go out for a good walk and to be active but just not possible when I am working to a deadline...however once my deadline was over this evening I got out an old Wii fit someone gave to me and I had fun trying the different activities but didn't really feel I was exercising, I think walking or swimming is better but since it is so cold outside and dark by the time I finish my sitting at a computer all day, then it is handy to have something.

Tomorrow I hope to go for a long walk or a swim and try not to eat too much. I have been eating homemade soups the past few days with bits of toast and a little cheese, a banana, but I am beginning to think I can't lose weight while a stressed-out person and not sleeping.

Tomorrow will be a better day as I don't have to sit at a computer all day. I feel like I am putting on weight but I am hardly eating anything, but am just sitting around too much.

Last edited by Muse17; 11-19-2019 at 06:32 PM.
Muse17 is offline   Reply With Quote