Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-14-2019, 09:00 AM   #136  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I haven't wanted to admit this, but I hurt my shoulder/rotator cuff(??) the other week. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. I have been doing some reading and realize that I need to take it easy and watch what I do for a while.

Last night: Basic Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

I maintained from yesterday. That's good since I indulged in the yasso frozen yogurt. This has been a rough week in trying to get things done in the office. I can't believe it's only Thursday. But I guess that's good since I still have a ton of stuff to do.

Calories for yesterday: 1595 +
Weigh In: 194
No Change

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

November 14

Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Mary took comfort from the gospels. Whenever she felt sorry for herself, she looked at the Bible. She couldn't believe all that Jesus had done and suffered. He had so much, and He emptied Himself to give to others. In the end, He received eternal glory. What a wonderful lesson. Dieting is a temporary and comparatively minor sacrifice, compared with Christs sacrifice. And yet, as Christ triumphed over His situation, so shall we triumph over ours. Christ is our example in all things. The Author and Finisher of our faith has shown us the way to victory, and we share in His joy when we triumph in our own lives.

Today's thought: What I suffer today is worth the victory tomorrow!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:39 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Diana - would not hurt to consult with a PT. I was given some very good exercises for that and they are greatly helping. You can also find a lot on youtube but it is probably best to have someone evaluate
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:43 PM   #138  

S/C/G: S196/C193/G154

Height: 5 ft. 6 inches

Default an addict and dealing with compulsion

Hello Granny Nancy, Rachel, Ciecie, Kelijpa good job everyone!

Nancy! : sorry about my slow response. It’s very cold and dark here, so I don’t think it’s the same weather here right now, but maybe at other times of year.

Terri: again delayed reply. Congratulations on your weight loss, you are an inspiration.

Diana: I would like to give thanks that in the UK we have no Thanksgiving dinner, only Christmas and every day between now and Christmas day regardless of religion. I get irritated that I cannot find an advent calendar like I had as a child with a crib on the 24th and different gifts, instead only chocolates every day or something else edible. I used to love opening the windows every day to see a picture instead, that was my food!

My journey…well I feel like I have put on weight but have not weighed myself for over a week, will get batteries for scale tomorrow. I am definitely eating more than I plan. The past three days my compulsive eating has returned a bit because of mega stresses, and going to the restaurant and just eating too much. It’s so dark and cold, all I wanted to do yesterday was to sleep all day eating carbs….But I achieved something today. I bought my favourite big pot of yoghurt after a long walk, I ate about ¼ of it, and just felt this tremendous uncontrollable compulsion to eat the rest. But here I am an hour and a half later and the rest of the pot is in the fridge and I am OK.

Usually I will eat compulsively and if I am alone with one of my many trigger foods. I just go insane if I can’t eat it all until it is all finished. However I managed to beat this extremely strong craving, just like someone giving up cigarettes or drinking. It’s possible but not easy. So I have eaten moderately today and exercised. But the previous three days...Tomorrow I have to give a stressful presentation but will try to still eat three moderate meals and exercise (except my feet hurt so I am soaking them now).
Good luck everyone.

Last edited by Muse17; 11-14-2019 at 03:28 PM.
Muse17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:48 PM   #139  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to most!
Well WI better today but this is going to be an ugly road. 165.2 so down a little over a lb from yesterday. Muse I totally understand about the compulsive eating and compairing it to smoking or drinking and if you have any combination of the three the battle is so very very real.
WO was just a normal day really upper body, I am sticking with 2-10lb weights for lateral and ventral raises, then 2-12lb for military press, tricept press and bicept curl. 2 sets of 10 reps for each movement.

Oh and Muse,....just looked up the general temprature for 'UK' of couse it only gives me the city of London but if you are there then yup we share the same temp range and rain LOL but I understand there are many parts getting that awful white stuff LOL
Diana, please do take care of that shoulder, gentle is the key I think???
granny, please take the weight slow, I have (cough cough) upped mine too fast only to find a week or two down the road when I thought I was doing well only to have pain in my joint i.e. knee, elbow, hip etc. From lifting too heavy too fast.
Yeah Rachel for getting to town to lift those weights. You will have to tell me what works for you and your lifestyle. It is a process for sure
Terri, sheesh 1/2lb? there is nothing wrong with that, that is respectable its when you go like me and up 2.5lb in one day then another 2 the next day......my pants are so tight right now I pulled out a pair of my bigger ones until I am back under control again
ciecie, you havn't checked in today??? all ok?
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:45 PM   #140  

good evening! 2 miles leslie sansone before i left for work this morning. power walked and ran errands during my lunch break. will go for another power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:28 PM   #141  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

Grannynancy I decided to discuss the problem with my Dr today. Thank you for the suggestion.

I actually had a follow up Dr's appointment scheduled for today from my last appointment. I decided to discuss the shoulder injury with the Dr. while I was there. She had me do different movements, checked range of motion, etc. It seemed she was happy that I didn't have any weakness and I still had good range of motion. She said if she referred me to anyone that the first thing they would do is anti-inflammatories, ice, and then PT. So she decided for me to do the anti-inflammatories and ice for a week to 10 days. We can see how I am at that time. That's a good conservative plan that I can work with. I also went to get my massage done today. I haven't been consistent due to time constraints. There was a young guy in there today. He is taking the place of the owner, who was on vacation. The young guy is really good and he speaks English. I didn't tell him about any of my issues. The car wreck pain is on the left side as well as the shoulder issue. He was doing everything very slowly. I asked him if he could tell anything about my pain/issues from giving the massage. He said yes that I had a lot of muscle tension on my left side. I was shocked that he could tell that. He said the boss was coming back tomorrow and that he would be leaving. I told him that he needed to stay. LOL

We are going out of town for Christmas. We will be staying 4 days at the mountain house and then 3 days, including Christmas at the Dillard house in Dillard, GA. I am really excited. It feels like it's been forever since we went away. Last time was when we went to the Helendorf Inn for the Memorial weekend.

My Dr's apt took a while today. I was not able to workout at work. But, when I went to the mall for the massage I also did a 1 mile mall walk.

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (780 Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken + BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
1 mile mall walk

Have a Blessed evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-14-2019 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:28 PM   #142  

Default November 2019

Good Evening,

I did my wt lifting at noon and finally did my biking tonight...

Diet was okay except for 4 servings of mac and cheese and some orange chicken, OH! and 2 pralines. I am using up food in the house. I really need to get to the grocery store.

Sorry, I feel really tired right now. I am avoiding some stuff.

Diana: I have had a little rotator cuff injury. It's surprising how these injuries can slow you down...I feel for you.

Nancy: Most of my clothes stretch (AMEN!)...and I can wear them what ever size I am...I think if I can lose a pound or two a week...that's good. If I get physical symptoms...that is not so good. I think this golden milk is helping me to feel less edgy. It is supposed to stabilize blood sugar and lower cholesterol and inflammation...that makes me have less food cravings...maybe...

CieCie: I just realized I am biking much better than a month ago...

Muse: I, too have some foods that are difficult to keep in the house, because I eat too much...like low fat ice cream or peanut butter cups...

HI GranNan!

Rachel: Happy you got out of the house...I need to do that, too!
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:09 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning. Need to start weighing again but scared to.
Yesterday was good - did all the exercise and ate pretty much according to plan.
Today is planned and getting ready to start the day

The weight training - yes - careful on the increase in weights (for example my dubmell lifts have gone from 3 sets of 12 with 5lbs to 1 set of 12 with 10 lbs and 2 sets with 5 because more than that is too much. Also starting with 5lb weights for the squats etc.

Diana - glad you saw the doctor. PT exercises have been very helpful for me. I really want to avoid surgery. Our doctor has this personal trainer who specializes in people with issues and she is helping more than anything I have ever tried and is only $30 for a half hour session. The focus is on building upper body strength but VERY carefully. Glad you have a vacation planned. Love the mountains and the smell of fires in the fireplace is so cozy and brings back so many memories. Been MANY years since I ate at the Dillard house but that can be a serious challenge!

Teri - pralines - mmmmmm. They would not be in my house because they would not survive for long. I can't even buy the coated pecans because. Well. Control issues. Glad to get rid of them.

Nancy - glad to see a drop and I know you are frustrated but continuing the fight. Your honestly with the struggle helps us all. There is no doubt this is a lifelong battle I am afraid and one that requires a lot of self reflection. Much honor to you as the pain you deal with from the arthritis must add to the difficulty of your journal. It is what it is...but....

Muse - Thinking of you. Definitely understand cold, damp and stress all play into us putting food into our mouths. Savoring a good glass of herbal tea helps but it is so darned hard. One thing I have tried (not always with success) is to find other ways to pamper myself (body lotions, blankets, baths, etc.) that seem to help some...even just waiting it out for 20 minutes (set a timer) drinking a big glass of water and the urge can go away. Of course I have fallen many times.....as have others among us.

Jendiet - How are you doing? Miss you.

Rachel - sorry I missed you yesterday. Was doing good just to log. Some days are like that.

Ciece - again your consistency and lack of verbosity is like an anchor for many of us.

EDIT - weight training and stretches done / weather app says periods of light rain for 2 hours so heading out anyway.
EDIT - 2.5 miles down. at least 3.5 to go and with rain today that will probably be "it"

Last edited by grannynancy; 11-15-2019 at 08:08 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:15 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Nancy, my weight-lifting is very basic and not vigorous due to the "fibromyalgia-like symptoms" I have. I'm not too progressive. Weights are light at this point. I do chest press, leg press, something for quads and hams, and sometimes the one for biceps and the one for the trapezius muscles. My arms are weak so going slowly on those.

Yesterday, I took in 1500 calories. Can do better. I'll try to remember to weigh myself Sunday to see where I am scale-wise.

Today's goals:
1200-1300 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:52 AM   #145  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:22 AM   #146  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

I am curious about reflexology in reducing muscle tension in the neck/upper body area. I looked at a couple short videos on youtube. It seems like one of the reflexology areas for the neck is the base of the thumb. Anyone have experience with this? I don't think it can hurt to try it.

Last night: Basic Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In: 194
No Change

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Today's thought: BAM! Can't argue with that.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

November 15

Luke 1:49

'For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.'

Al sat in his chair, looking around the living room at all the people he loved so much. Six months ago, he had almost died of a heart attack. Today he was forty pounds trimmer and a whole lot healthier. He had so much to be thankful for. God had been so good to him. He never realized how much life meant to him until he almost lost it. Now he found it wasn't that hard to watch his diet and his blood pressure. It was worth it. God had done great things for Al. The least he could do was take good care of himself. After all, he had a great family that he planned to enjoy into his old, old age.

Today's thought: Life is a gift from God that I have no right to abuse!
Old 11-15-2019, 09:33 AM   #147  

Default November 2019

Good Morning!

I bike this am. Oh, last week, I bought blueberries because they are supposed to be really good for night sight. I thought that I was not real crazy about this fruit, but I finally ate some, and they are not bad...and they have not yet gone bad....and I had a praline, too. (A family member bought some.) So I have only eaten a few.

Later!
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:36 AM   #148  

good morning again! got home from power walking and running errands a few minutes ago. stopped and got my hair cut. visited with tracy, my beautician and classmate. will go for another power walk later on today.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:05 PM   #149  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Diana I have not used reflexology but I have heard it works slowly, since I am no expert I can't even 'raise my right hand' and say that is true LOL

OK WI down a bit more 164.8 and 4 days on plan! this is big for me, I so struggled last night and was thankful I had finaly rid my house of my 'over the top' temptations. Now I am down to the so/so take'em or leave'em stuff whew that was a rough 4 days. Now I am happy at least today. Weekends are another challenge with DH and I together, out in the world, with no sturctured routine to fall back on.
WO well got in my cardio and my full lower body weights....was so hard today maybe because it was the end of the week and my knees need a rest????

Rachel, I am curious, do you use the 'machines' or free weights. Either work btw LOL I have trouble using them for upper body, my 'wing span' is not a big as a mans so the movements for me are awkward and don't feel right. This is why I go with the free weights. I do not have good upper strength either. I need to work on working up to full push ups, I think I can do 1 right now
granny, I think your progression on weights look good. When I aim for an increase I do the same thing, and a jump from 5lb to 10lb is huge huge huge! but if you can do it my hats off to you in spades for sure!
Teri, great job on biking and it getting easier for you, very impressive this means you are working hard girl!

muse, ciecie and any of you lovely chicks that I love to read about hello and hugs

nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:39 PM   #150  

good evening! power walked to and home from supper tonight. ran an errand on the way home. my fitness goals for today have been attained.