Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-27-2019, 07:36 AM   #271  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!
Sorry for the absence, days fly by, I’ve been up and down on the scale, same with motivation.
154.7 this morning
9.7 over personal goal

I just finished reading all 7 pages of posts I missed. You chicks are awesome

Hard to believe Thanksgiving is tomorrow, we don’t have plans for a big meal. My dad is still not up for traveling so I will take a ride down there Friday to see them before we start traveling.

Getting ready to travel south, DH is totally against putting up with cold weather and also wants this to be like a “fat camp” so him being motivated should help me. We’ll see. I bought an inexpensive scale to bring along for accountability.

Nancy I am doing the new program you are with the 16 points and brown rice, oatmeal, etc. it works great when I work it. Had a couple snaccidents, I have stopped buying the mini Clif and Lara bars but still have some. Always a struggle but we keep trying, that’s a major plus for us. I came across a photo from when I was in the 190s or 200s so happy to be struggling where I am at instead of there. You’re doing great glad DH’s surgery went well.

Diana Sorry to hear you had so much trouble with the ibuprofen, hope this new medicine works for you. I am going to start some arm exercises again, I think my lack of doing any is part of my shoulder issue.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a great day

Last edited by kelijpa; 11-27-2019 at 07:43 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:59 AM   #272  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

We always close the day after Thanksgiving. But DH decided to close today, too, since it's so slow at the shop. It always slows down during this time, but this is scary slow. If anyone prays, I would be appreciative of prayers for our work, too. Thank you.

We don't have close family so we go out for most holidays. This year, my good friend and her DH are going out with us. They don't have close family, either, so this works out well for all of us.

Update on the generic Celebrex. I guess all of that stuff messes with my stomach. I had only been off the antacids a short time 1 1/2 months or maybe a bit longer. Since taking the anti-inflammatories my stomach has been very acidic. I have even doubled up on antacids, taking Mylanta, tums, etc, you name it. Nothing helps. Yesterday I was done with it all and didn't take the Celebrex or the antacids. This probably sounds crazy, but I could literally feel an improvement in my stomach at the 24 hour mark post celebrex. I have a 200 mg dose of celebrex. I noticed there are lower doses. I might have to take that in the future. So yesterday was no celebrex or antacids and all in all I am better today. We'll see how it goes with the pain/inflammation. I probably need to look at some rehab exercises.

Teri I am so sorry for your loss.

Grannynancy Yes, the struggle is real. Every single day is a different challenge. So many people, who don't have weight issues don't understand.

Kelijpa Where are you headed South?

Last night: Basic Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1660 +
Weigh In: 193.4
Down: 1.4 pounds (I was really shocked at this much of a loss, especially with the higher calories. Is the loss from not taking celebrex or the antacids? My body is really strange with meds. When we go to the restaurant we went last night, I usually order a salad. Their salads are very small and I struggle because it's not filling enough. The regular grilled seafood is expensive and we can't do that during the week. This time they had the wild caught white fish at a good price (and I had a coupon). I don't like tilapia. They assured me the white fish was not tilapia. DH tasted it and he agreed that it was not tilapia. The other issue is that they don't have any other veggie besides broccoli. As you know, I don't eat that because it causes problems for me. So, I chose the side salad and potato, no butter. The calories were higher, but the actual meal didn't have much junk, added stuff, etc, and was very filling. So yesterday was a test to see how it would go. We'll need to try it again because I had some other stuff going on (celebrex/antacids).

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

November 27

Luke 15:7
'I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and the nine just persons, which need no repentance.'

Les dreaded Thanksgiving. He loved his family and friends, and he liked the parades and the football, and he even appreciated the day off from work, but he knew there would be so much tempting food that he wasn't supposed to have. It made him sick to think of all the wonderful things he would have to say no to. He walked up the front sidewalk and rang the bell. He was met by a dozen people who immediately went into raves over how great he looked. He was the topic of conversation the entire day. It wasn't so bad, after all. With everyone complimenting him he found he had more strength than ever to turn down fattening food.

Today's thought: God will send strength through family and friends!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:19 PM   #273  

good evening! 2 miles leslie sansone before i left for work this morning. power walked and ran errands before i punched in. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:05 PM   #274  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening to all
Well did not weigh in this am and wont most likely until Sunday or Monday. I did not eat well last night and I felt it this am. I did make it into work and had to play catch up for the two days I missed. They had a gal doing some of my stuff but she missed a lot of things I had to go back and 'fill in the blanks' so to speak.
WO ehhh....was ok (can you feel me shrug my shoulders) just was not into it this am but I have days like that.

Diana a prayer for you and the business. I am sorry you can't take you new medication but sheesh a 1.4lb drop WTG
kelijpa I had to laugh at you verbiage....snaccidents --- love that, may I use it and spread the love? How far is 'south' for travel?
granny the struggle is so real, it is so frustrating to work hard then for me backslide a pound here a pound there only to see it packed on in a hurry but it is never in a hurry to leave
Rachal you have kitties in a shed? how cool how many?
teri I am sorry about your loss, will anyone keep up the garden?
ciecie, how many steps a day to you aim for?

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone....it is a traditional turkey dinner for us....BUT..since my sister is hosting and a WW member you can be sure it will be either low or 0 point foods for the asking I am the fluffly one in the middle LOL
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:31 PM   #275  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

nancylmrn Thank you.

Total Approx 1400 calories +

Breakfast ( 260 )
Siggi's yogurt 110 calories
fruit 70 calories
chia seeds 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (440 calories)
grilled cool wrap w/BHF's ranch 440 calories

Dinner ( calories)
salad w/grilled chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, mushrooms & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise
No formal workout today. I worked in the yard today and did a lot of weeding.

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 11-27-2019, 11:44 PM   #276  

nancylmrn, when the weather is warmer i aim for about 20,000 steps a day. when the weather is colder, i aim for 15,000 steps. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 11-28-2019, 12:23 AM   #277  

Default November 2019

HI! Happy Thanksgiving.

I weighed in and am down 10.8 pounds...Yeah! Right now, I think what I am doing is working...

DIET: I went grocery shopping and bought a few things I probably should not have. I try to grocery shop as little as possible and I try to use up a lot of food before shopping. There is just too much temptation out there. I made my self a ham salad sandwich. I wanted tuna salad, but I could not find anything at the store and I was really hungry. I ate part of a berry sundae. But I did eat part of a salad.
EXERCISE: Like I said before, I did biking and wts. yesterday morning and I did weights tonight. Also did downward dog and planks...awkwardly...
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:01 AM   #278  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Teri, I am so very sorry for your loss of your gardening friend May you be comforted and given peace and assurance.

Nancy, yes, I have lots of kitties (rescues). When my husband married me, he said he was going to give me a cat ranch . They are all fixed, etc. I have 17 right now. I used to have twice that,but through the years, they have passed, mostly from old age. I have a lot of old cats right now. As i get older, I'm not taking in any more. Vet bills are really high right now as lots of the older ones need more vet care. But I love each and every one and am committed to giving them the happiest and healthiest life possible.

A Blessed Thanksgiving to every one of you chicks!! in a few hours I will be making the cheesy potatoes to take for dinner with my family.

Today's plan:
eat whatever I want within reason, 2 liters water, fiber.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:16 AM   #279  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:25 AM   #280  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Thanksgiving!

Calories for yesterday: 1400 +
Weigh In: 193.8
Up: .4 (no particular reason why)

Have a Blessed day!

Today's thought made me laugh.

November 28

Genesis 1:31
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

One thing that makes dieting so hard is that what we have to give up is so good. We have found ways to make foods into so many wonderful concoctions. It would be a lot easier to give up certain foods if they were drab and boring. Yet, variety is a true gift from God. We are given special treats to enjoy, but not to overindulge in. Gluttony robs life of its special treats. When we have whatever we want whenever we want it, then nothing is special anymore. If we will practice discipline and self-restraint, then we can treat ourselves to rich, luscious foods without worry of what they will do to us. That way, we come to enjoy treats the way God meant us to enjoy them.

Today's thought: When I indulge too much, I bulge too much!
Old 11-28-2019, 07:32 AM   #281  

good morning and happy thanksgiving! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:30 PM   #282  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I hope you had a nice day.

No workout to report. Back on track tomorrow.

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 11-29-2019, 06:24 AM   #283  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Day after Thanksgiving

Hi chicks, well I certainly enjoyed what I indulged in. I did not stuff myself or anything; but did especially like the cheesy potatoes and pecan pie.

I'm sad; I may have to put one of old kitties to sleep soon. Just sad.

Today's goals: eat only when hungry, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:27 AM   #284  

Default November 2019

Good Morning!

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

Diana: I hope that the holidays bring in some new business and some fresh ideas...
Rachel: So sorry about your kitty. I feel for you. I think you have a great man in your life...(I am a cat fancier...)
CieCie: 20,000, 15,000. Wonderful!

I ate at a buffet (again). I had one bowl of salad, one plate entrées and one plate of dessert. I weighed in this am and am up .3 pounds. I think...not bad! I usually eat at buffets once every year or two...but now both of them will give me a free meal on my birthday...
I weight lifted and biked in the middle of the night.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:56 AM   #285  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Teri Great job!

Rachel I'm sorry about your kittie. Keep us updated. Maybe they will rebound. I had a dog that did that and we had him another year or so.

I am up 2.2 pounds. This is the way my crazy body does.

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

November 29

John 16:22
'And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.'

It was very weird, but Linda sort of missed her diet. She had made some really good friends in her weight-loss group, and she had gotten used to the routine. If anyone would have told her a few months ago that she would miss dieting, she would have said they were crazy. What was there to miss? She had freedom to eat more of what she wanted to now, and she didn't have to be self-conscious. Linda really believed that God had given her new friends and experiences for a reason. She was so thankful that she had been able to lose weight the way she did, with the people she did. Maybe now she could go back and be a help to others.

Today's thought: On days when I can't help myself, maybe I can help others!