Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-11-2019, 11:12 AM   #106  

Default November 2019

Good Morning!

CieCie, when you power walk, do you carry hand weights, or do you walk at a certain pace? Do you use a fitbit? I don't push myself on the bike, but I notice I am speeding up a tad...in a natural sort of way.

Rachel: Thanks for the compliment...I feel like I am in a much better place...

GranNan: Be sure to take a lot of water along on your paddling trips. I don't think I took enough water...I was afraid if I carried too much water, it would shift the balance in my light boat. Sometimes, I went on all day trips...

Diana: You sound like you did great with your turkey meal...

Nancy: I have sticky notes with all sorts of food lists for certain health problems...Every once in a while, I look at them...and if I am really on top of things, I'll go out and purchase some of them...and if I am really really on top of things, I will consume them...

DIET: okay except for 2 madeleines, 2 small bags of chips, and a handful of cinnamon jelly bean. Oh, I had a half a kiesh (sp?) and later the other half.

EXERCISE: I biked and I weight lifted. I bike like a slug, but my pace is picking up. I did a few girly push-ups on the stability ball. My knee pain during exercise is subsiding. Maybe I do an hour of exercise total 5 or 6 days a week.

TODO: need to drink more water, eat more onions and garlic, try more spice

I used to know someone who worked in the health industry in Germany. They told me to walk and to massage my belly to lose belly fat.

I used to know someone in the nutrition industry that lost weight counting calories. They did no exercise until after they had lost the weight. They were very precise. The last pounds took months to lose...
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:31 AM   #107  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good moring to aqll
Well I started to WI but jumped off when I saw where the numbers were going....you can't gain 3.5lbs in one day and you certainly can't gain 7lb in one week can you??? So I am calling this a non scale day and try for tomorrow
WO was ok, my hands are hurting today so not sure the new meds have/will work..but it is so up in the air it could be the weather too.

I did go over my points last night, got caught up in sitting by the fire with a glass or two of wine and chatting with DH. Well worth it.
terri we use to have bikes but never used them, I think we finally gave the bikes away ...I mean we literlly had them for 10 years and rode them maybe 3 times??? So good for you
Rachel, there is nothing wrong with maintenance...

I have no spare time this am have to get to work so back when I can today

nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:58 AM   #108  

Default November 2019

Hello (again)!

Nancy, oh...I use a recumbent bike...and I surf the web or play games at the same time. It goes by really fast.In the past, I have had some exercise equipment that I hung clothes on...And presently my outdoor bike has cobwebs on it... I once took spinning classes and decided to enter a 10 k bike race. I had not ridden an outdoor bike in maybe 10 years. I discovered I had forgotten how to use the gears..and going down hills was really scary. I came in last...in front of the ambulance...but that was okay...One year to motivate my self, I planned to swim 800 m freestyle event in the senior games...It turned out it was a 400 event, but that was okay...and the games had a great buffet (depending on how you look at it). The next year I trained for a 200 butterfly event. That was really hard. When I trained for these events, I was tired all the time. It was hard to concentrate. That reminds me...I knew an elderly person who trained for the Ironman and she was tired all the time...and I knew another elderly person who biked across the USA with a group...what can I say...

I heard a naturopath speak...and they said there were a number of long distance runners who develop peripheral neuropathy. Anyway, occasionally I think about this stuff.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #109  

teri, i don't carry weights with. i walk at a certain pace. i don't use fitbit. i have an omron pedometer. it works very well for me.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:59 PM   #110  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/153.5/145

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
153.3 this morning
153.6 yesterday
8.3 over my personal goal

pretty excited about weight watchers giving us 3 plans to pick from. I went back to the stricter one temporarily to strengthen my failing discipline.

Hooe everyone is doing well. Will check back in later. Have a great day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:11 PM   #111  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I just made a really long post for our church's facebook page and lost it! UGH!

Total Approx 1465 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)
side salad w/BHF's ranch 150 calories
grilled salmon 400 caloires
green beans 100 calories

Exercise:
45 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:21 AM   #112  

good night all! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:28 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 168/157.5/138

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Diana, how VERY frustrating for you to have lost that church Facebook post

Nancy, thanks for your comment about maintenance. You are right.

Yesterday went pretty well. I took in 1400 calories. Did not get to the place where I lift weights. I will try again today. Met the rest of my goals.

Today's goals:
treadmill, lift weights, stretching, veggies, fiber, 1200-1300 calories, 2 liters water.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:09 AM   #114  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:11 AM   #115  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Rachel I also usually make a Veteran's Day post for my business as well as church. I realized this morning that I forgot to do that. I didn't forget about Veteran's day, I just forgot to make a special post. Just so much to do.

Last night: Basic Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1465 +
Weigh In: 194.2
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day!

I think this is my mantra.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

November 12

Philemon 1:4-6
I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers, That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Thomas was a great help with members of the group. He had lost so much weight, on more than one occasion, so he knew what it was like to triumph as well as to fall back into failure. He had rallied, though, and beaten his weight problem again. He was living proof that it could be done, and that it wasn't hopeless when temptation got the better of a person. He shared his story with many people, and he helped them through some hard struggles. He was a faithful man, and his faith shone through. God had called Thomas to a very special ministry, and he answered that call in a very special way.

Today's thought: I may fall back time and again, but I'm heading in the right direction!

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-12-2019 at 09:11 AM.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:23 AM   #116  

Default November 2019

Hi!

I am down 9.7 pounds...I weight lifted last night. And I did some gardening. It was perfect weather, but I did not start until 4 pm. I woke up to snow on the ground this morning. I still have a lot to do. I hope we have another warm spell this year I I think I can do some stuff in the garage....

Diet was okay except for a few jelly beans. Been eating cereal and milk as a snack...

Eat healthy and achieve your goals.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:29 AM   #117  
Trying to live below 200

Great job, Teri!
Old 11-12-2019, 10:18 AM   #118  
Trying to live below 200

ETA: Facebook wouldn't let me make the church post. I redid the whole thing today but saved it to a word document this time. I posted it but it wouldn't go through. I did it several times. Then I finally posted it to my facebook page and shared it from there and it worked. Not sure what facebook is up to.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #119  

good morning again! got home from power walking and running errands a few minutes ago.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:32 PM   #120  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/153.5/145

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
152.6 this morning
7.6 over personal goal

Everything was melted yesterday, today we woke up to a 1/2” making it mostly white again. Cold, too, oh well, no excuses, time to bundle up and channel my inner Ciecie and get a walk in.

Diana I often wonder what FB is up to. Haha now they’re advertising on TV, don’t they have enough users? Glad you were able to figure out how to get done what you needed to. I think that’s my mantra, too. Also, that proverb, fall down 7 times get up 8, except for me it’s fall down 999 get up 1,000

Hope everyone has a great day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote