Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 06:04 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 136.0. Getting ready to head out for ... drum roll...dog training. BP up again 125 / 85. Not high enough to take medicine but i have not been pushing myself as hard walking and not been drinking enough water so going to work on all that. It had been below 120 /80 for a good while. The medicine I do have can be taken (per the doctor) as needed but her target is to take BP every morning and only take if over 135/85 which has not happened. Well, I am "back in the weight zone"

Today is planned and is at 1314 calories. Breakfast is protein bars and apple , lunch is Greek yogurt and blueberries, Dinner is home made hot and sour soup. If the weather is kind to us we will get out early and hit the lake with the kayaks Sunday morning. That is a big if. It is not looking too good forecast wise.

Nancy - No real pointers other than my next approach will be to allow me to eat regional specialities but there is no room for snacking and eating things like cheez its and other food that truly is just shoving food in my mouth and not actually enjoyable. I don't travel a lot so think that some weight gain during a trip is not the end of the world as long as it does not set forth a cascade.

Momwannabe - Yay for the scale moving! It sounds like you have a healthy attitude.

Diana - Bummer on the car -and then the internet Hope it was something minor and it sounds like you took good advantage of the downtime.

Bzblonde - Interesting on the diet; I know it has been around for awhile.

Teri - Will think of you. Need to get out in the garden this weekend and start rehabbing it. The mint has taken over. They are not kidding about that stuff!

Lamegotham - Wow - parkour. I have seen videos of people doing that stuff. I gather you must be quite fit as that is some extreme stuff. Then you mention Benny Hill and I am so old all I think about is comedy sketches from decades ago. And now "yakety sax" as an earworm. Boo.

Boopchick - How did it go without the cream. I always drink coffee black and drink a dark roast. The dark roasts are actually easier on the stomach and smoother to me.

Zallie - I hope you get to feeling better.

Capri - the walking really has helped me. It is a good habit and I need to get my butt out the door ASAP to get it in before training. And finding time. Yesterday the car was at the shop for maintenance so I walked for the 2 hours it was in there.

Rachel - Hope the doctor visit went well.

Jendiet - You amaze me with both your work AND your kids. Caretaking is such hard work and it is often unappreciated. People helped us in our home with my mother after her stroke because I still had to work full time and with her being aphasic, a nursing home was sheer terror for her. But I know caring for someone (and she was just paralyzed on one side and could bear her weight) was very hard. Once she was near the end and could not transfer it got much much harder. We had a sit to stand life (no thanks to Medicare/Insurance who would only pay for a hoyer...and the hoyer was not very convenient for someone with incontenence and scary for her so we never used it)..........sigh...........this could all be made easier on caregivers. Vitamin K2. We started making out Kefir out of WHOLE MILK apparenty the K is in the fat and whole milk kefir is loaded with K2 though I also take the MK7 form in my vitamins. Will pray for your toe.

Well got to go need to peel off some walking and get ready for training.

EDIT well after my 3 mile brisk walk and a few hours away from coffee it is down to 115/76 without medications. My VO2 max has, according to Garmin, dropped significantly from 37 to 34 so I need to really focus on speed again in the morning - my 3 miles this morning was a respectable 3.7mph though which is a good restart.

Last edited by grannynancy; 05-04-2019 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:13 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Jen, Your job situation sounds really rough. I can't believe you have to lift that guy all by yourself? I hope you get the help you need. Praying for you.

Zallie, Thanks for asking about my uncle and all. I am tired. We have other help, thank the Lord, but I am over there alot.

Was able to to stick to diet plan of 1200 calories yesterday. Still not getting any exercise in, except for caring for my uncle. May be that way awhile until we get routine established. My doctor appointment went well; my cholesterol was within the ranges. I AM on a statin so I know that helps.

Today's plan 1200 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber..
Old 05-04-2019, 09:18 AM   #78  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

Nancy I worked a double shift yesterday.
...without coffee.
Felt good to sleep in this morning and I am on my first wonderful cup. Just enjoy it too much to give it up. I need to find a coffee I can drink and enjoy black. Wondering if you have always had yours black or if it was an acquired taste?

Yesterday:

chicken salad on a low carb wrap & a pickle
pork tenderloin & asparagus
good fats bar
140 oz water
24 oz seltzer

633 calories
13 g net carbs

I'll check in again later today. Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!

Last edited by boopchick; 05-04-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:27 AM   #79  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Well the weird internet problem didn't fix itself overnight, but something directed me this morning on how to get it going. Huge Praise for that!

Jen Continuing with prayers.

Last night: Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1625 <----I don't remember exactly what it was, but this is close. I posted it but lost the post due to internet issues.
Weigh In: 188.6
Down: .8 <----Not a lot but down so I am happy about that. I have always been a slow loser, except for the beginning when I was much heavier. At least I didn't feel so crazy about the daily weigh ins.

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 4

Proverbs 16:20
He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the Lord, happy is he.

Ben couldn't believe all the people he was talking with. They all wanted to lose weight overnight! None of them seemed to be looking at any practical programs. They had all latched onto crash diets with pills and books and foolish promises of miraculous results. Ben sat down and worked out a practical diet that he could live with, so that once he lost weight (and he realized it would take some time), he could stick with the diet and avoid putting the weight back on. When he said his prayers that night, he put in a special request for some common sense for his friends.

Today's thought: Trust is a must for weight to abate!

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-04-2019 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:48 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default binged... again

150.8 +2.4 Yikes!
3104 calories yesterday

Binged and now I can only eat 701 calories for the whole weekend to make my weekly goal of less than 1200 calories avg per week. Note the 701 calories. If I eat 702 exactly I will hit 1200, so the 701 would make it less than 1200 average. I feel like a school kid trying to cheat the system...

This may be TMI- so feel free stop reading right here.

Here was my thought process.

Breakfast- pineapple chunks- loved them and enjoyed it.

Lunch- had really wanted Thai for a while and went to a restaurant with a friend. Ate a whole order of thai eggplant vegetable low salt- no rice or soup or egg roll.

After lunch- I had diet soda. I have been off diet sodas and teas as I have found that I get in a bad cycle with them. For me I eat salty or bready then I have a soda craving and drink it and feel better- somehow not as full or something. Like the acid cuts it down in my stomach. So I had the soda and was fine, but that cycle had started in the background without me realizing it.

Worked late on stuff I did not enjoy doing and did not get all my work done and was feeling sorry for myself as I could not make it to pickleball and anyway maybe I should rest the knee. And I realized I had not one fun plan other than pickleball for the weekend.

Went to the post office. I was going to mail my son a big package of clothes of his to NZ and some maple sugar candy and homemade bread. Looked at the issues about mailing food and remembered how strict they were when I got there about me having even touched a didgeridoo in Australia and realized it would be best not to jeopardize the shipment by putting in the homemade bread and I should send the maple sugar candy separately or not at all.

That left me with a loaf of my homemade braided golden egg bread in the car right next to me. And it had been frozen, so I could not refreeze it . And I did not want to bring it home to be eaten. So I thought I would have a little throw it out. But that was false reasoning as I know I have troubles stopping. And yup I ate the whole loaf.

Then the need for sweet kicked in- this salty, bready, sweet cycle. I thought well I have already blown it, knew I would have to report it and told myself I did not care. I then went forward and almost walked into and ice cream place and then drove away. But I had to go get sushi for my daughter as we have a Friday night sushi thing (which I was skipping myself due to overeating) and while at the grocery store, almost grabbed the Ben and Jerry's but did not. But passed by my favorite bulk candy- milk chocolate cashew chews and succumbed.

I had totally blown and then later actually went to an ice cream store and had a cone. My thought process at the time was- well I will just not eat for 48 hours to overcome this. I thought of you guys and just wished I had stopped and posted and just walked away from it all.

I feel remorseful and resentful that the world is such that I believe I will have to struggle with this addiction to food forever.

But, then I think about people and it could be anybody even in this group that struggle the same way with alcohol and drugs. And they too have to watch it for the rest of their lives and I feel empathy for them and that makes it easier for me to start to have some for myself.

I was given many gifts, decent brains, athleticism, generally good health, luck of being born to a wonderful family, having kids etc...

It is just my lot in life that I have this thing about food. My cross to bear.

So that is how I came to eat a total of 3104 calories yesterday- unplanned.

And of course by first thing this morning I had more fun plans for the weekend having been invited to dinner with friends both Sat and Sunday night and accepted.

How I am going to eat only 350 calories at each dinner! And of course not even one calorie during each day. I still want to make my weekly goal, but that may be unrealistic.

And of course my weight went up to over 150.That feels like a just punishment. I totally accept that, but I loved the the 140's and had worked so hard to get there.

To make me feel better I did remeasure myself.

Looks like I have lost 11 inches from not quite my highest weight. Much of it in my waist, but some in my hips and thighs. My thinner pants are a little loose on me.

OK- this all was way too much. But cathartic.

Thanks for putting up with me. Sorry about the self-centered drivel.

If you actually read all of that, that was above and beyond!

You chickies are the best!
Old 05-04-2019, 12:11 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi All

Momwannabe- congrats on the pound! We'll take it one at a time! Sometimes I am happy I don't think in kilos or stones as it would take so much longer to have numbers change!

Diana- Car and internet broken. A double whammy! Good luck with it all and may you have a good book to read...

Ciecie- You power walking woman. You go girl!

Jen- thanks for the words about my knee. At this point I am pretty self convinced that it is a structural thing - something in the way - and just can't wait to see the orthopedist and to get an MRI. I being a total non-medical professional can be totally wrong though. Sorry about the heavy client - that sounds back breaking. And your toe. That must be tough. I
forget what you actually do. What is it, if you don't mind me asking?

Capri- way to go on the walking! Saw the note about being a gym rat- and going big or going home. Curious what your exercise history is. What do you like to do for exercise?

Nancylmrn- Good for you to keep on doing the weights. You are my inspiration. I did nada this week except today I went to bootcamp. My bad for sleeping in adn working too much. Weights more important in the long run. So good for you! And about the salt, I have assumed that salt gains though problematic for daily weighing don't really harm weight-loss long term. I wonder if that it true though? But I and it seems you too just feel better without the bloating. And then there is the long term issue of hypertension linked to salt intake.

Grannynancy- Nice going on zooming right back down after vacation! Have fun with the dog training. I assume it is fun? Or is that not the right word? Rewarding, challenging, interesting? What words would you use to describe it? You do a ton of walking! Have you done jogging too? Or do you have something that prevents that?

Teri-Hope you are doing well. I think of you when I look at my own seedlings.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:27 PM   #82  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all!
Diana I do not have your strength to stay away from the scale. Last night I was doing fine...until....I had 2.5 adult beverages which lead to a handful of Doritos (which normally I can pass up easy)....so not only was alcohol involved but evening snacking....sheesh...... BUT

WI 154.6....drop of 2.0lb but I have to give that credit to the PF and I really really pushed water yesterday.
WO for today???dunno, but DH toe is much better so I see a walk/hike in our future.

DH owes me one hahaha......I just did something I am deathly afraid of for him, because I am a good wife (that sounds catty). I climbed an extension ladder to the 2nd story eaves to help him mount an antenna near the roof line for his ham radio. I am still shaking since I really really really am afraid of heights and those types of ladders wobble as you climb. He has been trying to figure out how to do it as a one man show for three weekends....today as soon as I got showered that's all I heard ....so I was frustrated at him talking and saying if you could, but no you can't blah blah I got ticked and just said give me the screwdriver and up the ladder I went while he was on the roof holding the equipment........so I have to think of something really really big

zallie you story sounds all too familiar I think....well I am so glad you posted...you know it helps all of us right?
Jen you need to find some time to rest, I use to do care giving and I just don't have the stamina anymore. My hats off to you
Rachel please get together with your support and find a schedule that will work for all of you with your uncle, you are not being selfish to take care of yourself
granny thank you for the feedback on travel and eating. I know the pitfalls of the foods, I lived in AR for many many years and traveled the area so I know what to expect I was just hoping and still am hoping I can make good choices. As a regular plan DH and I when we do travel overnight our evening meal is usually fruit, small bit of cheese and meat from a deli/grocery store that we eat in our room....it does cut down on restaurant foods.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:01 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Sticking my nose in here. Has anyone heard from KFunk? Her baby was due yesterday. Now I know that babies make up their own mind about when they are going to arrive. I hope things went well for her and she reports in.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:11 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Zallie: one word "Ai!" (pronounced eye). It's like "sheesh" or something. It's just an "I feel you" shake of the head thing. We move forward.

Hi everyone. Chilly here today. Went shopping and managed to buy some jerseys (Um... Jumpers in UK, sweaters in US). Confidently chose mediums where I would usually first try a large. Can I possibly be a medium at 165lbs? I think of medium as "average" size. Am I average size? I struggle to believe that! Dinner time. Did eat some sliced chicken earlier, but nothing else.
Old 05-04-2019, 04:25 PM   #85  

Hi Zallie!

You asked about my exercise history. Well, I've been all over the board. My natural state of weight is probably 140 to 150. 200 lbs was extremely high for me! I actually carried it pretty well but had a sore right knee. I was diagnosed with the beginning of osteoarthritis. I refused to accept it. I dieted and exercised 30 pounds off...15% of my weight...and took supplements. The xray showed healing and I resumed full range of movement. It was a miracle!

I was a runner 20 years ago....half marathons...and thought i had torn my cartilage again. Did that to my left knee. Was relieved I didnt need surgery again so I really concentrated on taking and keeping the weight off.

I started with hot yoga....very slow and the heat felt great. Once i resumed movement, I was back in my favourite classes of Zumba and strength and stretch class. Then I found Barre! It was really helpful. My most recent stint is Spin...although one summer I did Trx. I thought I had dislocated my knee doing TRX and was relieved to find out it was just fat!

I had gained weight after a holiday. And wondered why my clothes didn't fit! I had a fair amount of muscle which disguised the weight. Over the last two years, I have taken off 30 pounds with no concern as to time. As long as I am moving forward and not backsliding it's progress. Right now, I have come to recognize that if I miss my third workout...I give up and skip the entire week. The classes I take when I do go are Spin and HIIT type classes...sometimes BARRE. So I decided to take 5 weeks of my life and concentrate on completing a 5 week beginners walking challenge. Something so easy it would be impossible to say no too. (Like flossing one tooth!). I will complete week 2 on Sunday and it is so easy, it is impossible to say no to. Last week I got in 75 minutes of exercise...this week will be 85. This is better than passing on an entire week! Monday...I add one gym class to my week while continuing my walks the other days. I live in the suburbs and the 15 minute walks....and up to the 25 minute walks....are simply walks around the block. Weather is sunny and clear. Today is cloudy but dry. That's important. Dry!
So my exercise history is varied depending on what my weight and ambition level was. I am MOST comfortable at a weight of a max 140 and taking intermediate classes 4x per week. This would be my IDEAL fitness life! Along with 1600 calories per day and 100 oz of water. When I really concentrate, I can do it. I have many times in the past and right now the plan is to achieve that goal for the LAST TIME! I MISS my fit self.

Have taken in 25 oz of water so far today, current goal is 75 oz per day. Still need to get in my 20 minute walk so will report back when complete.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:20 PM   #86  

Good evening! Had a busy day today! Also fun!😁❤️
Old 05-04-2019, 08:40 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Evening - if the weather is goodI won't log in the am because we will be dragging out the kayaks at o dark thirty to get on the lake early .........today wound up going from leaving for training to a search callout. Thankfully success within a couple of hours before the storms came in ........live person. So its a good day. A very good day. With Beau it is good but not the same as somebody going home alive.

I am, however, most sore-not sharp pains just a bit stiff all over. A lot of steep terrain including being pulled down a ravine by my dog -- and a lot of uphill downhills. My non scale victory was at one point crossing a solid fence taller than my legs and when I got kind of stuck my flanker (person who was with us) Picked me up and swung me over the fence saying "you short people" and laughing......

Zallie, the running issue is a combination of minor pelvic floor prolapse that may never need surgery if I am careful and my left ankle (which is sore now) I have a ton of arhtritis and peroneal tendinitis from a bad fracture about a decade ago. .... Right now it is sore from all the hills and uneven terrain but running is hard on both issues. working with the dog is almost a spiritual experience - I must admit far better with an offlead dog (Tilly is onlead trailing) and you are not worried about staying vertical and being drug through whatever the dog goes through but it is very satisfying in a primitive sort of way to be one half of a hunting pair. Their nose. Your eyes. you are really working as one and it is very satisfying.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:52 PM   #88  

Didn’t do any exercise done today. Will do it tomorrow for sure!
Old 05-04-2019, 09:34 PM   #89  

Granny Nancy, loved reading about your adventure today and the connection you have with your dog. Such a kind person you are to volunteer to look for people who ignore signs and roped off areas. Really...a bit of common sense goes a very long way if they paid attention!
Fantastic NSV!! I agree with that one...it would feel great to be picked up!

Today...I completed my 20 min walk and mapped out my new route! It feels great and now I graduate to 20 min walks for a few days. 15 min walks are history. I have downed 50 oz of water and will easily get in my final 25oz. Tomorrow I complete Week 2 and if I weren't doing these so easy walks, I know I would have done nothing at all. Don't be like me and have an all or nothing mentality! Find a super easy walking program or 30 day push up program and it must be so laughably easy for you, you can't say no. Even walking in place to all the television ads of a one hour show adds up!

Have a great 24 hours....or not. Remember it's up to you!
Old 05-04-2019, 09:35 PM   #90  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

grannynancy Great job with the search/rescue today.
Closed Thread