Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 05:24 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Week 9 results

149 down 1 for the week
Averaged 1192 cal/day for the week
Down 21 pounds since March 1st.

Slow going last few weeks.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:16 AM   #122  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:20 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Zallie: I work at a PT clinic and we have many patients that swear by Graston. Of course it is a specialized technique and depends on who’s working on you. You’re supposed to be certified and have taken a special course. If you find someone good, who knows what they’re doing, it can be very helpful.

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 05-06-2019 at 07:21 AM.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:03 AM   #124  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1320 +
Weigh In on Saturday

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 6

1 Peter 1:7
That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.

When the heavy-duty drearies set in, it is easy to question whether you believe in anything at all. Dieting is tedious, taxing, and trying. If there is a God, you may ask, why doesn't He just put us out of our misery? The Lord knows what we need, and He brings us through tough times so we might be made better for it. Just as gold is purified when subjected to intense heat, we are purified by our struggles. When we come through a situation, we are able to look back on it stronger than we were before. Trust the wisdom of the Lord, and He will reward you with faith and love.

Today's thought: I am made stronger every day that I diet!
Old 05-06-2019, 08:26 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 155/135/115

Height: 5' 6"

Ciecie, have you heard about working out on an empty stomach?

Zallie, plateaus are frustrating. Been there, done that.

Rachel, this is counterintuitive, but don't be afraid of more calories. If you're struggling with exercise, you may find 1400-1600 kcal is a lot easier than 1200. I can't commit to 1200 unless I'm going to be mostly lying around doing nothing.

Boop, good luck. How do you feel after eating only 700 kcal in a day?

Nancy, sounds good overall. Beer is something I really miss.

Hello to everyone else. I got a little activity yesterday, and my foot feels better today. My son just has too much energy to coop him up at home, and he wants someone to play with. We're about to go out again, because he's getting bored with everything and making me crazy with whining.

Edit: The diet part of this is pretty boring just to say, "I ate nothing and will continue to do so."

Last edited by LameGothMom; 05-06-2019 at 08:27 AM.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:08 AM   #126  

zallie, I have heard about working out on an empty stomach. I have breakfast first. will be having breakfast in a few minutes.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:17 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning Chickies. 136.0 - a drop but still at top of range. BP 120/78. Already have in 9968 of 12,000 steps and today is yoga day.

Yesterday was more than planned but I walked over 20K steps. Today will be interesting. Trying out a cauliflower crust pizza but it is higher in sodium than I like. We will see what tomorrow brings with that extra sodium. Yesterday: 1649 in /1945 out. Today is planned and is 1384 calories. I pulled out portions of the foods that incite me to snack, then threw the rest in a cabinet and zip-tied the doors shut. We will see how that works.

EDIT - The drive to snack is higher than I thought. So far the zip tie is intact but the urge is strong. I know it is only nibbles here and there but it is a behavior I need to break and some external controls may be necessary (other than not having the food in the house)

Zallie - my daugher is a massage therapist and her focus is theraputic massage - I willl ask her what she knows about that technique/tools. She uses an acupuncturist for things and I know she explores different healing modalities. Down 21 lbs since March 1 is very good!

Lamegotham - I know you did not ask me on the empty stomach thing but I do my morning 4 mile brisk walk on an empty stomach. If my husband does, he has issues and must eat before hand. I actually do not eat until 10am.

Last edited by grannynancy; 05-06-2019 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:42 AM   #128  

good morning! just had breakfast. will go for a power walk in a few minutes.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:17 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Default Hi

Proteinnewbie- thanks for sharing about Graston. If your office has any studies on it's efficacy, I would be interested. What he is using it on me for us to break up calcified tendons in my elbow area and to try to create space so my knee can straighten. Would be curious if folks have treated people with those issues successfully with graston.

Gothmom- way to go on your fast!

I wish I could lose weight eating 1400 to 1600 calories, but I am barely doing it on 1200. And maybe need to go down further to do it.

I have read exercising on an empty stomach helps with calories burned.

Didn't mention that I did yoga yesterday. Have been pretty consistent the last few weeks hoping to weekend class. I stretch during the week, but dedicating 90 minutes is helpful for my body. I am naturally very tight.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:20 PM   #130  

good afternoon! went for a power walk and ran errands. also got a couple phone calls ticked off my to do list!
Old 05-06-2019, 01:02 PM   #131  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning/afternoon to all
Well Diana I am playing like you no WI until Wednesday. I feel really bloaty from my food and drink choices from Sunday so will eat very clean today and tomorrow for Wednesday's WI and hope for the best
WO was ok, had to stop the squats my right knee was giving off warning signals that something was not right
Zallie all my workouts are on an empty stomach, I have not found that it hurts or hinders what I do or noticed any effect with my wieght
granny I wish I had the ability to zip tie my cabinet doors shut...I have to go put everything in our garage LOL I guess I could get a box and put everything inside then zip tie shut...with a sign that said cut in case of emergency

Boy I love how active everyone is so far this month! I truly do wish I had time to acknowledge each of you and your accomplishments...so I will just have to hit the highlights as I can...please forgive
Nancy
Old 05-06-2019, 01:32 PM   #132  

Hello.
What is WO and WI?

I am a single empty nester and I was able to throw away the foods I like to eat but should not eat. I am now going to start a prepackaged food diet plan.

Have a nice day.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:28 PM   #133  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerMom View Post
Hello.
What is WO and WI?

I am a single empty nester and I was able to throw away the foods I like to eat but should not eat. I am now going to start a prepackaged food diet plan.

Have a nice day.
WI = Weight In
WO = Work out....sorry I forget my 'shorthand' does not traslate well
Old 05-06-2019, 03:00 PM   #134  

good afternoon! took a nap. will get some more things done.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:32 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
Good morning/afternoon to all
Well Diana I am playing like you no WI until Wednesday. I feel really bloaty from my food and drink choices from Sunday so will eat very clean today and tomorrow for Wednesday's WI and hope for the best
WO was ok, had to stop the squats my right knee was giving off warning signals that something was not right
Zallie all my workouts are on an empty stomach, I have not found that it hurts or hinders what I do or noticed any effect with my wieght
granny I wish I had the ability to zip tie my cabinet doors shut...I have to go put everything in our garage LOL I guess I could get a box and put everything inside then zip tie shut...with a sign that said cut in case of emergency

Boy I love how active everyone is so far this month! I truly do wish I had time to acknowledge each of you and your accomplishments...so I will just have to hit the highlights as I can...please forgive
Nancy
I just did one cabinet and put the peanuts in it that I like to cook with sometimes because. DH was lamenting them (they are his downfall). I figure it is one way to keep the foods we like but meter them out at the start of the day. FWIW, the 1/4 cup of granola set out for my yogurt was about 1/8 cup by the time I at it for lunch! LOL. Just trying out other ways of instituting control around things where i have none.
Closed Thread