Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 06:12 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Morning

Rachel, Diana and Nancy, thanks for the kind thoughts!

Gothmom- parkour with a toddler, Amazing! Way to go! My middle kid ran up every slanted wall he saw. Would have loved parkour. Am a little bit confused about where you are in your weight loss journey. Are you trying to lose weight or just trying out diets?

Boopchick-, looks like you did well with eating yesterday. Way to go!

Nancylmrn- love that salt. Thai especially. So, if you are not weighing yourself, everyday, it should go back to normal before weigh in.and you won't see it! That can be an advantage!

For me right now I feel I need to stay close to the scale.
Which is 148.4 again today. No change.
3 days this week in the 140s. That makes me almost feel like iikr it is not a fluke!

Ciecie- way to keep moving,!

Rachel- how are you doing these days with your uncle and all.

Grannynancy- anytime I get down about dieting I yry to remember how far you came to get to where you are and remember that it is doable just by one measly pound at a time.

Jen,- thinking of you!

Hi to everybody I did not get to!
Old 05-03-2019, 07:16 AM   #62  

good morning! diana, so happy you made it home safely. i'll have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:47 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 155/135/115

Height: 5' 6"

Zallie, I'd like to cut around 20 lbs. My weight's physically holding me back in some activities. I was weighing 159 after some steroid treatments and poor choices after a Crohn's flair. I've lost 20 lbs. of that since. If you've ever been a dancer, gymnast, or done parkour, you know when you have extra weight and it messes with your center of gravity? That's the effect I have right now with that extra 20 lbs. I can't foresee ever being in the same shape I was at 16 or being 105 lbs. again, barring some horrible Crohn's flair.

Diana, I think there can be positive yields to trying fads. Glad you're home safe.

GL, Rachel.

Capri, NO GIRL! I'm a believer in getting that heart rate up. Taking a walk is a great distraction, though.

Hello to those I missed.

Made it fine through the 16 hour trial IF. I feel fine and am having cold brew. Stomach is mildly upset. I definitely need to get some exercise in today; feeling super stir-crazy. I thought I'd be very sore and tired today, so this is surprising.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:22 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 228 / 202.6 / 150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
bzblonde I am not sure what program you are following can you elaborate? I am a curious mind and want to know oh and
Thanks for the welcome!

The HCG diet that I'm on includes taking HCG either with a daily injection or with HCG liquid drops. This is a hormone that the body naturally produces during pregnancy. It removes hunger and some how it allows the body to burn fat while retaining muscle even on a VERY low cal diet. In one day, I'm basically allowed 2 fruits from a specific list, 3.5 oz of protein and 3.5 oz of veggies at both lunch and dinner, water, tea, or black coffee and that's it. It's only for 2 months tops followed by maintenance phases. After 6 weeks of maint, I can start from the beginning if I have more to lose.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:34 AM   #65  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all!
Well after last night's salt bomb I did weight and wished I had kept to my resolve to NOT weight. Up 1.0 full pound. I can feel the swelling in my face and neck so I know it is sodium. So push push push water today and tomorow
WO being this bloaty I really did not push....only 20 min cardio and 2 sets of weights.....I can only beat myself up so much for last night sheesh.....but it tasted so harmless.....

Diana I am so gald you got home safe and now having to function on 3 hours sleep? I see a nap in your future

Back later got to get some work done

Old 05-03-2019, 10:42 AM   #66  

good morning again! went for a power walk and ran errands earlier. will go for another power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:07 PM   #67  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

nancylmrn I don't nap since I work full time. Since I didn't have a vehicle at home today to go to work I stayed home and got the house cleaned. DH went to work. He just closed up a bit early and he's coming to get me. We have another vehicle at the shop I can drive. He will take me back to the shop to get it. He's got hunting and farming to do tomorrow so I know he doesn't want to drive me around. LOL
Old 05-03-2019, 03:27 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi

Bzblonde- I did a diet like that once a while ago, but wo the HGC. Copied something my brother had tried. I did lose weight and pretty quickly Worked well as long as I did not cheat at all. I did eat bread once as I recall and it took me a couple of weeks to recover.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:15 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Bzblonde, WELCOME...so excited to share in your journey to OnEder land and BEYOND!!

Capri, you already have a good start to your weightloss journey, I am one of the SLOWEST losers but that is because I commit to my bad habits and I LIKE FOOD. I love your insight about the FOCUS tattoo...

boop, awesome on the calories. I remember when I did ADF in the beginning, I was able to eat super low calories...Empower is an all natural spray of Gymenne Sylvestre,5- htp, chromium

ciecie, awesome jump on monthly goals!!

Diana, I absolutely cherish your dedication and you've been through a lot of stresses too. That is an awesome goal...

Granny, I love your maintenance wisdom...it is VERY VALUABLE and gives me hope. I thought painting my nails would relax me, but I'm a nitpick about smudges, scratches, dents, and if one gets messed up...I frequently mess another one up trying to fix...I'm going to stick to all over nude and my artificial nails clear coat. (Supposed to make them as strong as artificials).

Zallie, I got a knee issue too, a guy who was a pt injury recovery trainer told me cartilage in my left knee is messed up (it crackles) I can straighten it THANK GOD, and I just reinjured it...he said SLOW STEADY stationary bike work with NO HIP ROCK is the best thing for this problem...

I'm going to pray your knee straightens in Jesus name. How do you have UNHEALTHY muscular tissue...

can you take mk7? It is a calcium REROUTER if you are prone to improper calcification...I'm taking it for the next two weeks as my knee heals...one a day...I also figured out that I DO NOT LIKE the collagen shakes, but I'm OK eating a scoopful a little at a time...going to try that. I don't have a stationary bike but I might try a floor peddler, it has to have some kind of resistance though.

Nancy, I feel you on the salt, I'm wondering if my body is stubbornly holding fluids because I got really dehydrated and chugged pickle juice...I drank some water but hit the pickle juice hard...

lame, that kind of sounds super hero ish to me, I bet your kids have a blast...I used to climb/swing on EVERYTHING at a jungle gym....I like going to the huge play area in the Park when it's cool because when it's hot the kids and I just melt.

Terri, hope the gardening is going well

Emily, syk, fatanda!

Well, I keep cheating on this diet. Don't know effective a diet you keep cheating on can possibly be...I just ate spaghetti meat sauce (no spaghetti and deer meat) (that was ok) and I snuck in 2 pcs dark chocolate raspberry and then ate the blueberries again. .

I am on TOM and have it heavy so I know why I was craving more meat....but oops...and I am eating blueberries as I am typing...so not sorry...

I did set up a small easy set pool for my kids and ds2 birthday is this Sunday so he will have a swim. .

I am tired, my toe HURTS and my coworker called in today and the other lady QUIT again and so back to working every other weekend unless we find someone...please pray we do!! I am NOT interested in working 2 shifts every other weekeND on top of working every day. .

I have been trying to POST for 2 days...

ok, woke up to 181.6...
not expecting a drop just hope no gain. .OK goodnight
Old 05-03-2019, 08:51 PM   #70  

Good evening! Power walked to and home from supper tonight. My fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:38 PM   #71  
Trying to live below 200

Jen I just prayed for your job situation. Hang in there.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:59 PM   #72  
Trying to live below 200

I just made a post about my food's today and lost it. I think I'm having internet problems here at home because I can't get back on the internet. My dinner was a bit different than normal. I did get my workout in. Hopefully something gets fixed overnight, LOL and everything is back running tomorrow. Have a blessed evening.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:17 PM   #73  

Good evening Diana and all!

Completed my last 15 min walk of my program. Now, I have no excuse and need to increase that to 20 minutes both days this weekend. I also definitely got in 75 oz of water!

Goth...hi! I am a total gym rat on a bit of a break. I have always been a go big or go home....but the problem is if I skip a day I throw in the towel. I am currently training myself to at least walk daily...make it so easy there are no excuses. So I went way back to basics with a beginners walking program. I am the first to admit it is laughably easy! Which makes it SUPER PAINLESS to just get out there and do it! My 15 min walks feel like 5 minute walks now. With 2 days to go in this program...I look forward to the 5 minute increase. Monday I begin Week 3. I'm REALLY glad I am training myself that just because I am low on gas.....doesn't mean I have to pull over to the side of the road and desert the car forever. In a couple of more weeks, I'll reach 30 mins and a new habit that is unbreakable will be formed.
Have a good 24 hours....or not. Remember it's up to you!!
Old 05-03-2019, 11:56 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Came on here for support while I grit my teeth soaking my toe in Epsom Salts (oooowwee)

a friend of mine in another town responded to my ad for our company....she is such a great person. I wonder if she would be the one to do the job...

pray if she is the right one, she will get the job. Thanks Diana.

I also need strength to shower my client and all, he's heavy to pick up and is a quadraplegic...
always scared of dropping him, plus if I hit my toe...we could have problems
Old 05-04-2019, 02:45 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning, everyone! So glad to have a weekend, even if I have to do admin (always do reports over the weekend).

The scale, bless it, has finally moved a bit and I've lost a lb. I weight in kgs, and there's a 74 not a 75 in front which is a way bigger deal for me than logic says it should be!! I don't really deserve it as last night was date night, so I had a fair amount of wine. And the place we went has a very limited menu (actually a bar with a theatre upstairs which is where we were actually headed), so I had a sandwich. Anyway, I seem to be the poster child for slow and steady. Stick to plan most of the time, lose every two weeks or so. I'm okay with this as I'm not making myself unhappy.

Zallie: hope you're doing better. Sounds like you've been having a tough time.

Jen: being a carer is hard work.

Nancy:Eeek on the car. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Everyone else: hi. You're all amazing. You can do this today.
Closed Thread