Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 04:21 PM   #211  

good afternoon! lame, i'm much better. 2 miles leslie Sansone before I left for work this morning. power walked and ran errands during my lunch break. will go for another power walk and run more errands in a few minutes.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:41 PM   #212  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I have over eaten this afternoon. My planned meal(s) would have worked fine if I had eaten them in a timely mannor but I let myself go until almost 12:30 pm to eat after early rise (5am) and the hour workout then to work.....I have eaten 20 of my 23 points today, this includes lunch and dinner but still! And I don't feel satisfied or full. I am hoping dinner in a few hours will fill that void....

granny I wish my daughter would find her way but as of yet it she has not. She watched my SIL lose the weight after the birth of thier first child. She knows she needs to lose and does fine for about a month then goes right back to old habits. She also works from home and at a computer all day (I know this is not an excuse) as well as chase her 2 year austic toddler (he is a climber and actually is totally relaxed on top of the frig watching all go by him--amazes me how he gets up there no matter what obsticales get in his way and how many times he is taken down) I hope this vacation all together may see her eat different but doubt it LOL
Old 05-09-2019, 06:14 PM   #213  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

Zallie I’m sure you’ll be where you want to be in no time!

Jen have you tried strawberries in the oven? So sweet and yummy!

Grannynancy your plan for the day sounds good

Gothmom I don’t eat during the week until 1 pm and stop eating by 8 pm generally but I am still having my morning coffee w/light cream. I wonder how much of a difference getting rid of that would make. I’ve tried so hard to like black coffee. Do you stick to water?

Nancy good job on not stressing over scale fluctuations.

Ciecie you are so inspiring with your power walks. How long do you usually do each time?

Today:
coffee w/cream
salad of spinach, avocado, chicken, mozzarella & blue cheese dressing
water

936 calories
12.6 g net carbs

Feel like I should just drink water for the rest of the night but also want to eat more....

Old 05-09-2019, 07:05 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi All

Hi Everybody,

We are actually getting the start of leaves on trees!!! Yay! Spring is really going to be here after a long, long winter!

Jen- I am sending you magic pixie dust of anti-hunger anti-craving magic.

Nancylmrn- Tough on the hunger. Some days are just that way. Hot tea? You have been working so hard on this! Just keep on keeping on. We are pretty close in age, weight and I suspect slowish metabolism. I'm 59. Oy! I hear ur concern about your daughter. I am struggling with how to help my daughter too. It is just so hard to see her balloon out of her clothes, and less and less able to do things physically. Wish I could play a magic flute that would get her to change her ways.

Boopchick- you are doing so well! So out of the 200's. Thanks for the support!

Rachel- Thanks for the support! How are things going? What has been your exercise history if you don't mind me asking? What do you like to do when you have time?

Lamegothmom- the parkour is just so cool. And it seems that except for the crazy long fast, you don't have much trouble dieting? If that is the case, are there some words of wisdom you can share?

GrannyNancy- speaking of cool- your dogs are so cool. It is making we want to see some in action here or maybe not that type of action, but maybe I can go to some other type of obedience trial or herding trials or something. Not really in that sphere of things, but I think it would be fun to see some really smart dogs in action. Thanks for the words of support. And thanks for maintaining and sharing that it is hard work. You've prepped me to not expect anything easy when I get there. (Trying to be positive and say "when" instead of if)

Diana- thanks for keeping this all together and for your posting accountability. It is inspiring.

Ciecie- super on the posts and the walking and the exercise.
I heard you on your mom and colonoscopies. Sorry that my dad did not have one sooner. Happy Spring! Probably getting beautiful there as well.

Momwannabe- Way to vote and super on the 7kgs!

Capri- we all need a break sometime! Like your positive attitude!

Danitzasters! Hi! How is it going?

IdealproteinNewbie- Thanks for the info on the graston! How are you doing?

Teri- how are you doing? Thinking of you!

Jen- if the magic dust works, I want some too.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:56 PM   #215  

good evening! thanks boopchick! the amount of time I go for on my power walks depends on the amount of time I have. it varies from day to day. also depends on the weather. power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:45 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Granny, I love how carefully you knock that scale back down

ciecie, so glad you are back to normal energetic. Self.

Nancy, awesome to find frI end at the gym!

Lame, again...like a little super hero...ouch though on the body plant. I don't like fake peach flavored anything...I do like peaches, but I also go for imported chocolates which I do like better than American chocolate. .chocolate and nuts/coconut is my nemesis. ...

Diana. Berries on hand, but not frozen...I guess I will go get some rasberries, blueberries, strawberries from Aldis...I can eat 2lbs of blueberries without flinching , rasberries are lower carb and I found raspberries drops for my water which were very satisfying

. I ate a few trolli sour's and a couple Welch sour jelly beans tonight but I did NOT eat anything else.. so 120 calorie binge is doable...yeah it's sugar but I started out the day with French Vanilla creamer tub in my coffee

I got to go. .but I'll be back later to finish
Old 05-09-2019, 11:20 PM   #217  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner ( Calories)
salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
JS Metabolism Booster Upper Body Circuit Walk w/5's

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 05-10-2019, 06:05 AM   #218  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

Going to dinner tonight to celebrate my daughter's graduation so planning on eating a protein bar for lunch to compensate for the potential extra calories. Brewing some coffee right now and planning on drinking it black.

Happy Friday!
Old 05-10-2019, 06:17 AM   #219  

Default Good morning

148 -2lbs
802 cal

Had fun at both pickleball and did not overeat snacks at book club despite a glass of wine.

Been hovering around this weight for a couple of weeks. If I ever get below 148 will consider it a breakthrough.

3 good things today
- daughter got a full time job
- finally going to see the orthopaedist about my knee that won't straighten
- going to see Hamilton tonight!

Hope you all have a good day!
Old 05-10-2019, 06:30 AM   #220  

Nancylmrn- a toddler that can climb to the top of a fridge,? Amazing! Scary for a parent, but what athleticism. But reasoning with a toddler to get down is tough and the autism must be challenging.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:44 AM   #221  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 133.2. Makes no sense but I will take it but it is a 3.8 lb drop in one week so I guess a lot of that gain was actually water not fat
BP 125/81. Yesterday was 1739 in-1904 out / today is planned for 1421 calories and is a bit jumbled with a subway sub that means sodium bump but not too high
Today get to take off this morning to do some dog training on the lake with the dive team so this will be quick.
DD2 is coming up this evening to spend the night. We are going to GD2's birthday tomorrow. Sunday kayak day is looking iffy due to, once again, weather.
Yesterday was more calories than I had planned but it was not snacking and I did walk 21,217 steps.
May not be able to walk this am because of getting ready to leave . I would just as soon not go but it is more relationship building than good training.

Boopchick - Yay for graduation. HS? College? Hope you did ok without the cream!

Zallie - when not if. You will get there. If I can FINALLY do it after over 35 years of not being able to, I believe it CAN be done. It is amazing what you can do with dogs.

Nancy - I honor the pain because I know, as a mother, it hurts to see your child in a destructive pattern --- I can look back at many things in my life and figure my parents were probably in the "same place" with me and bad decision in life......... not sure the answers other than its all on her now and she has to clear her path and I think your job is to simply love her and accept her for who she is and be there for her if she asks for help - I am sure the handful of her child contributes to stress and we know how stress impacts our relationship with food.

Its funny but I remember sitting on the top of the fridge when I was 3. I remember doing it. Dad was watching me and fell asleep and I pushed the bar stool to the counter climbed it, stood on the flour canister, then up on the fridge. I still remember mom walking in the look on her face-. I also used to sneak onto the counter to get to the cheracol D (codeine cough syrup). My DD2 (psych major) thinks i have signs of Aspergers at a low level and that my dad might have as well as GD1. But not major though I was kicked out of pre-kindergarten and mom was told I was mentally ******ed (they wanted me to pretend cut other kids' hair with fingers instead of real scissors....would love to go back to them and wave my MS in Chemistry at them) - Somehow I lost that adventurous and daredevil spirit and part of me wishes more had remained.

Lamegotham - the 16:8 has been good for me. That wait until 10 am for breakfast really seems to help with the rest of the day.

Well got to go - Have to check work email, get dressed, and load dogs back later for more

Last edited by grannynancy; 05-10-2019 at 06:53 AM.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:35 AM   #222  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Granny, that's fascinating about your daughter's working on her PhD in experimental psychology!! To do that and to do statistics, she must be one smart cookie!I guess she takes after her mother!!!!

Zallie, Awesome on the 148!!! I'm still busy helping to care for my bedridden uncle. You asked about my exercise history. It's not impressive. I don't like to exercise. But what I've done is MAKE myself do the treadmill, walk or ride my bike & lift weights. In my spare time, I LOVE to read And I so enjoy looking in antique stores and flea markets! I also am a licensed wildlife rehabilitator, a registered nurse, and an EMT.

Well, yesterday I got into the jelly beans, which hiked up my calorie count to about 1400 calories, maybe 1500.

Today's goals:
1200 calories, fiber, veggies, 2 liters water.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:50 AM   #223  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Last night: Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 10

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, 'Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place;' and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.'

Too often we miss the point of the mustard seed. We think quantity of faith is the determining factor in getting our hearts' desires. Quantity has nothing to do with it. Jesus used the mustard seed to show that we all have at least that much faith, and if we will learn to employ it, we will see miraculous things happen in our lives. Because of Christ in our lives, nothing is impossible for us, including our diets.

Today's thought: If I can remove mountains, then I can remove pounds!

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-10-2019 at 07:51 AM.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:09 AM   #224  

good morning! just got back from power walking and running an errand. had a pill, 50mg levothyroxine, that I have to take on an empty stomach so I had some time to kill so I put it to good use. will take my vitamins and have breakfast in a few minutes.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:47 AM   #225  

S/C/G: 155/135/115

Height: 5' 6"

Ciecie, hypothyroidism can make it tough to lose weight. Good for you.

Rachel and Nancy, been there, done that on eating junk. No worries.

Boopchick, I don't know, but I do know cutting 100 kcal a day will net a 10 lb. loss in a year.

Zallie, for me, I have to objectively look at where I am and where I want to be, and how I'm going to get there and stay there. So, at my heaviest, after I had my son, I was a US 14. There's nothing wrong with this size, but stopping eating so much prepackaged junk and fast food helped me drop to a 10-12. I got to a 6 by trying a shotgun approach of different exercises and diets. Swimming, Elliptical, jogging, and parkour are the only ones I do consistently. I stopped keeping soda in the house, making as many sweets, and keeping "snack" foods around like chips. I found focusing more on protein helped, and adding in more vegetables with some sweet fruits.

The IF and carb cutting is newer, so I can't really say if it works for me yet. I want to say yes, but three days in is just too soon. I know from experience that you can't outrun a bad diet and you can't avoid exercise and get the tone and shape you want. I'm starting to see more tone in my abdominal muscles, and seeing progress pushes me beyond the discomfort I'm feeling. The last stretch of getting into "really good" shape, like fitting into sample sizes while having a really fit, lean, muscular body, is the hardest, takes the most discipline, and is the biggest challenge for me, and just continually asking myself how I can do better. I know being on an improved sleep schedule has made a big difference.

Well, now that I've rendered Zallie comatose, about yesterday and today: I had a really tough time with IF yesterday and it was a struggle not to eat until 1100 since I made brownies for my son's class. I ate one at EXACTLY 1100. Like, at 10:59:59, it was coasting toward my mouth. Not even kidding. I had an egg sandwich with mayo and greens after this, and for dinner I had meatloaf, greens, and a bunch of potatoes. I also ate some mandarin oranges, had iced coffee with milk, and seltzer throughout the day, and before I closed out my eating window, had a glass of sweetened iced tea. I could make some cuts in the caloric beverages department, but I'm not ready just yet.

I forgot if I mentioned this and am too lazy to read back, but I miscalculated and landed HARD on my elbows, chin, and right knee. I'm feeling it, and today will just be going for a jog since my range of motion isn't great.
Closed Thread