Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 09:15 PM   #166  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=jendiet;5366812}Nancy. Any rumbling in your neck of the wood's with the Alaska earthquakes? The market sounds lovely. I love cherries..[/QUOTE]

Nope I am way to far south for Alaska to bother me although DH loves to monitor those things, our excitement if you want to call it that was the pilot that stole the plane and then crashed it in the Puget Sound. So sad he left a wife behind. And honestly the island he crashed on I had never heard of it but then again there are small isolated islands in the Sound you would not know were occupied since there is no visible way to get there other than private boat. And I am sure any power is gas generators.

And I am with you on the cherries, season starts around June 1 and goes to about the middle of this month, my favorite are Rainer cherries whoop whoop $3.99 lb LOL

Today was good we went for a long walk on a 'non' paved park path got in over 14,000 steps and nice and hilly workout. Got everything set for this next week as far as breakfast, lunches and dinner menu's planned and prepped as much as I could even got in a 2 hour nap today so yeah me.

Back in the morning

Last edited by nancylmrn; 08-13-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:41 PM   #167  

good night all! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:49 AM   #168  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Cape Cod was lovely -- stayed with my friend, her husband and kids. They're renting a gorgeous old new England cabin: steep staircases, exposed ceiling beams, and low windows. Weather was not the best, though - cloudy with persistent rain. Got back late last night, and spent today doing laundry and laying in.

Another huge plus at the cottage was amazing well water. Was definitely hydrated throughout the trip!

Ate a bit too much today in the recovery day today, but getting back on track this week!

Old 08-13-2018, 05:23 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning.. 158.4 bounce down from bounce up but not new low. Still 1.8 for the week.

Need to get back into the rhythm. I ate close to 2000 calories yesterday and did not get in my steps but this is what we did with our morning yesterday. I cam home and caught up on sleep instead. Very pleased with my dog, Beau. [the article could read "a cadaver dog" but it read dogs]. Very sad for the family. I cannot imagine losing a child at all, especially this way and will pray that this helps them move forward. I never say closure. I don't think there can be such a thing.

Update: Coroner IDs body of man found in wooded area - News - GoUpstate - Spartanburg, SC
Old 08-13-2018, 07:55 AM   #170  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

grannynancy Your work is a blessing to families. These are sad events but at least they can get "closure" as to what happened with their family member. I couldn't imagine being in an unknown situation.

Last night: Standing stretch and SI stretches
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1300 +
Weigh In: 189.6
No Change

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
August 13
Isaiah 40:1
'Comfort ye, comfort ye my people,' saith your God.

Josh was feeling down and depressed. Nothing seemed to be working out for him. His job was a nightmare, his social life was even worse, and he was lonely. He sat alone and ate. His weight had skyrocketed. He wouldn't eat so much if he had someone to talk to. His main problem was that he just didn't have anything else to do. Often, the most comforting thing we can hope for is someone to spend time with. Company gives us pleasure and takes our mind off eating. It is up to us to find people to spend time with when that is the only reason we sit and stuff ourselves. God sends us comfort in many ways. Seek the comfort of company.

Today's thought: I'm never so tempted to cheat as when I'm alone!

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-13-2018 at 07:56 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:02 AM   #171  

good morning! i'll have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:11 AM   #172  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Haha a funny thing happened on my way to the shower, I was so preoccupied I forgot to weigh myself. I was showered and almost dressed before I realized it.

Well todays meals are planned but I have not calculated the calories or carbs yet but I am know I am within my limits. I will be back later to catch up
Old 08-13-2018, 09:26 AM   #173  

good morning again! just had breakfast a few minutes ago. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:33 AM   #174  

Smile August 2017

Hi!

Nancy: I tend to graze all day long and sometimes forget from meal to meal what I have eaten. So a food mover helps me stay on track without counting calories. If you are extremely precise, it may not be right, or if you have to follow special diets...it may not be right. I like it because it is simple. You eat so many veggies, fruits, fats, protein (one ounce servings), carbs, water, etc. I need to keep track of desserts, so I converted some self affirmation windows to record desserts using cut up postettes. I use some windows for dental stuff, sorting, gardening, etc. The food mover (grey, purple, or gold), should come with 3 double sided calorie cards (maybe from1200 to 2000 calories?), 2 booklets (one food exchange and one "blast off diet"). I haven't used the booklets much, but I guess they could be useful. If the food mover sits in a drawer or in your purse, it probably won't work. You have to get a habit going.

I looked on line. Ebay and Amazon have some, but there are kind of pricey or they are missing items. There's a Richard Simmons facebook page that sells stuff including the food mover for $9.99. I assume it is legitimate and the price is reasonable. There's an electronic food mover for a few more dollars, but I don't know anything about it. (I have bought some mini electronic foreign language or dictionary devices, but they tended to break in a year or two. The spine broke on my first food mover, but I could tape it and still use it. I looked up a Richard Simmons web page, but got a pop up saying the electronic device did not exist. I don't know what that means.

DIET: Diet okay except for frappe and some trail mix. Oh, I finally cut open the watermelon. It is really sweet, but super ripe. Yum.

EXERCISE: I biked for 40 minutes. I did some weeding. I think I have 4 bushels of weeds to go up the hill into the wood. I did some knee exercises and used the stability ball (200 situps, etc.)

OTHER: I am just getting little stuff done.

TODO: food mover, Y, clean out car/vaccum/wash/find wax, weed, sort stuff in den, weigh in .
Old 08-13-2018, 09:37 AM   #175  

teri, sometimes I graze during the day. not everyday though.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:38 PM   #176  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post

About the mouth guard experiment. My tongue is no longer burning. Also, I don't recall having the hives in a few days. Not sure if there is a correlation with that. But my upper lip is still reacting on the inside, although it not as bad as it has been in the past. The problem is that the new mouth guard that I bought/made from the store, is not right for me. It's not long enough and it's too soft. So now my back teeth are a bit sore. I am going to contact the dentist about having another professional one made. At this point I can't think of anything else that could be a problem.
I am quoting myself here.

I have an appointment with the dentist tomorrow to get the ball rolling to get a new mouth guard. So that's in the works. I did think of two other things that I can eliminate one is fluoride in my toothpaste. I can try a toothpaste without fluoride. I could have a sensitivity to that. Another thing is that I have always used toothpaste with potassium nitrate for sensitivity. I will discuss this with the dentist tomorrow. I'm not sure how common a sensitivity is to either of these is. Maybe it's going to resolve on it's own in time. At least I'm not reacting like I was with the old lip balm. The hives seem better, too. If I eliminate either of these, it will be one at a time.

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-13-2018 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:57 PM   #177  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1545 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Leslie Sansone Miracle Miles 3 Miles w/band
Old 08-13-2018, 10:15 PM   #178  

good night all! went for a power walk and to run an errand after supper tonight. ran into a cousin and her husband at the supermarket. visited with mary for a few minutes. ralph was loading their groceries into the cart. will be shutting down in a few minutes.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:28 PM   #179  

Smile September 2018

Hi!

CieCie: I like to put "stuff" in my mouth. If I am out, there is temptation to stop for a little fast food on the way home. At home I want something that will wake up my mind or make me less tired. Maybe I will try a little coffee again. ...I have sugarless chewing gum. Maybe I will get some sugarless hard candy.

Diana: Do you have problems with the gums of your teeth? Would it help if you drink some water after you consume anything? Do you have less problems after you swim? I wonder if those sinus washes would help you?

Nancy: I am sorry you did not get to go on your trip. It can be really stressful to have car problems. Hope it is easily and cheaply fixed.

DIET: Okay except for ice cream cone and frappe. Oh, I found a big cucumber in the garden. I hope it is not bitter.

EXERCISE: Swam 50 laps. I carried two buckets of weeds up the hill. While I was up there I picked a couple of buckets of weeds. Later in the day, I pulled a couple of basket of weeds.

220/213.4/215?/213.4 I feel REALLY good about this. My weight is NOT going up. I hope this is the beginning of a trend....

TO DO: use food mover, dig up some hibiscus plants, dig up weeds, clean up car, sort stuff in den.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:42 AM   #180  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Closed Thread