Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 11:41 PM   #16  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good eve to all that may be up
Good workout I just was realizing I do 3 set of 10 reps and 8 different moves when I do weights 40lb lower body 20lbs upper ...that is 240 reps of something LOL plus the 30-35 min elliptical with burst of HIIT...ever notice how long the commercials are on the Food network...4 min plus, my HIIT on elliptical- go until the show starts again, mind you I do not do the arms just legs but pumping hard.
Cal approx 1450, carb <50 by a hair, 50 protein, 25 fat so I am good with that....50 carb in a day or so will drop that to 40 we will see

In about 2 weeks I will measure, last measure was 6/23 when Jen and Granny did so I figure we all are due

night to all my peeps/chicks and other wise ladies or gents that chime in

Last edited by nancylmrn; 08-01-2018 at 11:43 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Wed 8/1
Exercise - 20 mins Pilates
Nutrition -
B - Fast
L - Burger and Sweet Potato Fries
D - Green Smoothie, potato chips, cold cuts, zucchini
x8PM
Sugar free hot chocolate
Old 08-01-2018, 11:59 PM   #18  

good morning! went for a power walk after supper tonight and run an errand.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:03 AM   #19  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I wear two mouth guards at night. The top one was made by the dentist probably 25 years ago. The bottom one is from the sporting goods store. Its one of the boil and fit ones. I will try this for a couple of days and see how it goes.

Jen I pray your DS is able to stay on the right path and is open to the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Last night: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
Weigh In: 192
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
August 2
Matthew 11:28
'Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

'
Sunday was 'anything goes' day. Carol had decided that if she was good about sticking to her diet through the week, she would allow herself to splurge on Sunday. It made the diet so much more tolerable. Interestingly, she never really went overboard on Sunday. She ate something she really liked, but she ate a moderate amount and found herself totally satisfied. Whenever we attempt something difficult, we need to allow ourselves a respite. It is a good thing to take a break, even from a diet. It requires self-control, but it can help us keep a healthy perspective on why we diet in the first place. Once we have rested from our fast, we can return to it renewed.

Today's thought: I am tired of being heavy-ladened physically!
Old 08-02-2018, 08:15 AM   #20  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:03 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 161.8 New Low. I am sure it is because I went back on the Losartan HCTZ which has 12.5 mg HCTZ as a diuretic but that is one time whoosh then every day. Still not feeling so great but powering on. Yesterday was 16,338 steps but not particularly fast. Today I will have to break it out into segments but should get there.

Wow. I just wanted a burger and fries and A Culver's single no mayo and smallest order of fries set me back 920 calories! Compare that with dinner today of 3 oz rotisserie chicken and green beans with onions and mushrooms at 198 calories.

Jen - I will pray that your DS finds the straight and narrow path.

Nancy - LOL I forgot about measuring but have you done body fat measurements? With all your training I bet your muscle mass is incredible. I know I need to get serious about working on that. My little fat meter does keep saying I am losing fat not muscle too much but there is some muscle loss.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:24 AM   #22  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning! Thanks for the welcomes! 😊 I went to that cardio class yesterday and I can say that I am paying the price of a sedentary lifestyle. Ouch. Havin a little yogurt, then off to some aquafit. Have a fabulous day everyone!
Old 08-02-2018, 09:31 AM   #23  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morning all
WI same 168.0 but I am ok with that...sorta..like I have a choice it is all a state of mind.
Don't have today's dinner planned yet so have to give that some thought. breakfast slice of deli meat and cheese, lunch street taco, dinner I am leaning towards a pasta in a low carb white sauce and brocolli

Granny I don't have a way to measure my body fat other than the calculations on line. most of my flubber is around my waist got some serious muffin tops..that is multiple LOL. My arms and legs show some muscle definition though
Jen I hope DS stays following the right path, hang in there I have had my own struggles with my grown children at times and it does get better
ciecie, alexis hello!!!!!
Old 08-02-2018, 10:27 AM   #24  

Default August 2018

Hello,

I see that a lot of you are setting new goals for the month. Bravo!

Welcome GreenEggs and Tam!

Good weight loss GranNan and Nancy...

Jen..."Starving" to me is eating less than 1800 calories...alas, it is hard to lose weight. I don't like feeling hungry. I don't like to control my diet, but I won't lose weight if I do not do that. I wish that I would forget to eat. I wish that I could just eat naturally.

DIET: not too good, too much dairy. Oh, I have been having baby potatoes with parsley and basil from the garden...and some garlic and a baby pepper.and olive oil. I never got around to covering my tomatoes and somebody's been chewing off the tops! I did not get any last year. It looks like it will be the same...and I must have at least 15 plants. It annoys me when I lack the energy to follow a project through to its success. I finished off a bottle of EVOO in 5 months...that is a first. I am using it in lieu of butter/margarine or what ever you call it.

EXERCISE: swam 50 laps yesterday. I also did a lot of weeding. I don't think weeding burns much in the way of calories. I usually sit in a plastic chair. But sometimes, I am bending over standing up. It is really good for strengthening bones in your wrist and mulling over stuff inside your head that you can't let go of. I feel like I am making some progress with the weeks.

OTHER: I made amends to someone, I thought maybe I had done something wrong...but it turned out it was not a problem for them. I had been thinking about it for months.

NEW GOAL: 1) Get out food mover and use it. 2) Clean out car.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:23 PM   #25  

welcome green eggs and tam! went for a couple of power walks today. will go for another one later on.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:52 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Well, I have come to the realization today that I am simply not going to meet my step goal.

I also have to get to bed by 830 if I am going to get up at 5. Sleep is important so we will see how that goes. I would rather reset tomorrow am. Gut still not real happy so hoping this clears up soon. Just sore. The kefir really helps though
Old 08-02-2018, 05:03 PM   #27  

good evening! will go for a power walk and run an errand in a few minutes.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:54 PM   #28  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1545 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch

Exercise:
TF Fire 45 EZ
Old 08-02-2018, 11:07 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

HI all. Today was a mixed bag. I got a total of 3 hours sleep last night and refused to sleep in.

my WI was NEW LOW!!! 190.8 but I expect bouncing around due to hormones. Still not 100% I completed ovulation but will check my morning temp from now on

so I ended up eating a small low carb lunch and a delicious hibachi dinner with LOADS of veggies. I actually skipped certain foods for others this time..

app is yelling too much!!! @1634 calories. Good thing I read your devotion Diana. I hope the bruxism stops. My jaw has been hurting for days and I can not open it fully...probably good thing

​​​​​​Nancy wow!! You are a brick house.

ciecie is the energizer bunny

Terri, you always make me laugh. I like food too. Gardening helps empty my head as well. Good thing that's what you Consider starving. I don't have to worry now. Since you got kind of a sweet tooth like mine, do you want to try what I'm doing? It's basically an eating window of 8 hrs. Low carb MOST of day. High carb foods permitted at one meal THAT MUST last ONE HOUR. The absolutes are that there must be very little to no carb stimulation at any of the other 3 meals or snacks and carbs MUST be eaten in a meal with a large amount of non carb veggies (2 cups) and CAN ONLY be eaten 1 CONSECUTIVE HOUR in a day. There is a lot of pathophysiology to the rules but that just makes it simple. I ADDED the eating window for simplicity for me. I like the benefits of IF too.

Alexis way to go on diet and exercise

green eggs, I didn't see your latest check in so will catch up more in am

Granny, I read where you are working on your last 15....that is so awesome

I tried to weed eat in between rain drops, but the sauna like feeling of the outside air got me and I gave up, went inside and took a much needed nap...

hoping for another new low...I need to add that I really like Next acai pomegranate water flavor in my carbonated water but I don't know how stimulating the sweet taste (stevia mixture is OK tasting) is to my insulin releases, so I'm just dabbling with it right now..

still doing coffee and xylitol and heavy cream for breakfast.

​​​
Old 08-02-2018, 11:12 PM   #30  
Trying to live below 200

Jen Congrats on the new low!
Closed Thread