Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 12:00 AM   #106  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

M.N.J. Just saw your post. Good for you for drinking your water so diligently! You've got me worried now about this last page thing. Where did you see this and mightn't it just mean that it's the page that people are currently posting on. Don't worry. If I make a new thread I will tell you all with a link to click on and whisk you to it effortlessly!!

michireiko, a book! Wow! See, I can spot those prolific penpeople (unlike myself). It's the nose!
Old 09-13-2003, 01:10 AM   #107  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi all
I've done day 10! I'm now on double digits. I weighed in this morning and was the same, which is way better than the gain I was expecting. This week I'm not going to get on the scale until weigh day, it really freaked me out this time. Good luck counting up on your days.
Old 09-13-2003, 01:58 AM   #108  
Never give up

Talking Say WHEN, DAY 10 . . . Dew . . . CAN!!

Way to go DewCan!
Double digit days are here again!! (well, first time, actually, but I wanted that sung to the tune of Happy Days. . .) I think we're neck and neck, aren't we? This is one dead heat I'm really looking forward to!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-13-2003 at 02:00 AM.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:35 AM   #109  
deleted2

I'm late, but wanted to say welcome to Darken and Michereiko!

Yesterday I was hanging by a thread, but made it. Did indulge in alittle nibbling, but stayed within my alotted calories. To do that I sacrificed whole foods for sugar-y stuff. And I'm paid for it just by feeling bad and having zero energy. The good news is I had 12 glasses of water and came home and walked 4 miles on the treadmill--so I can at call the day a success and move on to Day 17!

Looking SOOO forward to having a whole foods day and no sugar!!!

Last edited by deleted2; 09-14-2003 at 07:50 AM.

Old 09-13-2003, 09:07 AM   #110  

Talking Thanks Everybody!!!

Redballoon, thank you for your kind words. I have to work at staying positive, I find that the more positive and supportive I am to others the more it helps me with my own issues, which I have too many of..LOL. I am on day 5 today. Day four was a success I completed my 64 ounces of water with no problem. It is getting easier each day. I can't believe it, I never thought I would be able to say that drinking that much water would be EASY!!

I want to thank everyone on here for being so friendly and supportive and for making me feel so welcome and comfortable here. I really am glad I found this thread. I truly enjoy it here. I look forward to reading everyone's posts everday.

M.N.J. YAY for you! Lucky girl at the middle point already. Do you ever feel like you will just float away drinking all that water??LOL

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND HAVE A PHENOMENAL SATURDAY!!

Lisa

Last edited by friendsforfitness; 09-13-2003 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:37 PM   #111  
Never give up

Talking I'm in heaven! It's on to ELEVEN!!

It's Sunday morning here and I've got to get off to work again. It's Day 11 for me. Only 10 more too! It seems that once you're into double digits the days fly by. Until then, however, I think they crawl! For all of you in the singles still, keep it up. It gets easier.

Eydie, to you for another great save. You are almost there. Only five more days to go! You sound to me like you really have a good handle on things, on knowing what works for you and what doesn't, what the consequences of certain choices will mean for you and whether you're willing to pay for them. Your resolve to come home after a hard day of work and walk on the treadmill is inspiring. Also, I love your attitude to the good foods, the ones that are on your side, in YOUR corner. So many times, we act like it's the junk that is our friend, our comforter, when it's the opposite. You've really got your eyes WIDE OPEN!

friendsforfitness, Congratulations on getting successfully to Day 5!! Isn't it a good feeling to see that you CAN do things you set out to do. It's such a good feeling, knowing, really knowing, yes, you CAN. : By the way, I realized earlier that I had gotten your name wrong in my last message to you. Sorry about that! I had been looking at it thinking it looked funny and sure enough! I'd written friendsOFfitness. And, no need to thank us (speaking for myself here) for being a help to you. YOU are a boost to us. Thank YOU!

OK, everyone, the weekends tend to get a little quiet around here. I hope everyone is cruisin' along with their challenges. We seem to have lost some people here. Please come back and join us again! If your initial intentions were perhaps a bit lofty, just take it down a notch and give it another try. It's persistence that wins the game. Try, try again!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-13-2003 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:25 PM   #112  

Well, I have start over. I was journaling but forgot to exercise last night. Just honestly forgot. I was talking with my sister about our mom and started crying. My mom is extremely ill; terminal. I try not to think about what will happen if this latest round of chemo doesn't work (her 4th recurrence of 3rd cancer in 3 years. Prognosis is grim.) So, when talking about mom I just lost it. I couldn't stop crying. Then I went to bed. I woke up this morning and realized that I had forgotten to exercise. Depressed about being overweight, not exercising, blah..blah...blah...Just overwhelmed by everything I guess...pretty pathetic, huh. So, if you all will forgive me, I'll start again. I will not give up.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:35 PM   #113  

Default Thinking of you Funata2d

Funata2d,
You have made my most difficult day look simple. I commend you for being so strong in such a difficult situation. There is no forgiveness needed, that you know. We are here for you. You are an inspiration. It is good for you to have yourself as something positive to focus on during times like this. Good for you for not beating yourself up for a slight slip, sometimes we just need that moment and sounds like you really needed yours as I'm sure your sister did as well.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family,
Lisa

Day-5 success

Last edited by friendsforfitness; 09-13-2003 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-13-2003, 10:28 PM   #114  
Never give up

Smile Keep your chin up, kid

FunAtA2d, I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through. I know what it's like. I really do. I went through it with my mother for nine years from the time I was 14. But don't give up and in to depression. Just be there for her now. That's more than you may think it is. I'm sorry about you forgetting to exercise and think you're something else for actually starting over again. Other people may have just turned a blind eye. But remember, you haven't lost anything. You're just as strong as ever and not one bit of benefit is lost. Good luck and like friends said, you help put things in perspective for us. My heart goes out to you in these difficult times.

friendsforfitness, to you for your successful Day 5. (Whoops, said that already, oh well, another pat on the back can't hurt ) We're all in this together, aren't we? Thank God the knocks don't come at the same time for us all though. One's down, the one standing extends a helping hand and around it goes. Good luck and keep strong!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-13-2003 at 10:44 PM.
Old 09-14-2003, 01:18 AM   #115  

Height: 5'1"

Default Day Eleven

Hi everyone-

FunAtA2d- I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I am going through something very similar. My grandmother found out that her cancer has come back. This will be her third time going through chemo in the last 6yrs. Breaks my heart. She has been the mother figure all my life and I just can't imagine life with out her. Just know that I will be thinking of you and praying for your mom.

Lisa- I'm glad to see that you're doing great with your water. And to answer your question... yes, at times I do feel like I'm floating away. I just wish all the fat would float away with it all!!

Day 11 for me ladies!! And I drank my full 80oz. and I'm doing very well with my eating also. I can't believe I'm already at the half way point. Better start thinking of what I'm going to do for the next challenge......

Ok, I better get going. Glad to see everyone is doing well with the challenge.
Take Care ladies
Marti
Old 09-14-2003, 01:38 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 210/198/150

Height: 5'2"

FunAtA2d - Don't worry about forgetting to exercise. It happens to the best of us. You had a lot on your mind, and exercise could wait. Everyone needs a good cry sometimes, and when it happens, other things just need to take a back seat. Don't beat yourself up about forgetting. Only beat yourself up if you give up, and you're not giving up, so give yourself a pat on the back for staying strong. You deserve it.

It's good to see everyone is staying on the ball. I know it's tough, trust me... I know!

Day 2 was a success. I had a peice of white fish, but I'm allowed white fish, so I did nothing wrong I don't know if I cussed or not today. I don't remember. I asked my husband if I had said a bad word today, and he said "Not that I know of" so I probably didn't. I know I typed the F word, but I'm a writer, it was part of my work!

So yeah, day 2 = Success!
Old 09-14-2003, 06:57 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 210/198/150

Height: 5'2"

Oh! I've lost 2 more pounds! I'm so excited!! Now I'm off to bed *I was up all night writing, it's now 5:56 AM here in Missouri* but before I sleep I must change my signature!
Old 09-14-2003, 07:57 AM   #118  
deleted2

Fun At A2d, I'm sorry to hear that things are so difficult for you and your family. Wishing you a peaceful heart...
And I'm proud of you for declaring that you're not giving up!

Congrats to Michereiko for losing 2 pounds!

Old 09-14-2003, 03:25 PM   #119  

Default Hello Everyone!!

I just wanted to pop in a bit to say hello and let everyone know how SUPER GLAD I am that I joined this thread!! Last night at about 9 or 10 I only had about 6 more ounces of my water left. I didn't want to drink it that late, because I knew I'd be up all night peeing. I seriously considered just not finishing it off and then I thought about having to start all over again. Lemme tell ya, I sucked them six ounces down like they were the last six ounces left in the world!!

Today the water isn't going down too quickly for me, but I'll get there. This is day 6 and six will be easy to nix! ( know I'm a cornball)

Well, I guess that's it for now. I hope everyone is having a great weekend it looks as though since everyone is doing so well on their challenges.

Take Care and Keep Smilin'

Lisa

Old 09-14-2003, 04:07 PM   #120  

Height: 5'1"

Default Day 12

Hello girls-

Excellent job Lisa!! I'm right with ya on the water thing. It's nice knowing someone else is dealing with the same challenge. Some days are harder than others to get the water down, but like you, I start thinking the same thing... who wants to start all over when we've done such a good job so far. And the benefits of water are great. Since it's only past noon, I'm still working on the water. Only 1 1/2 bottles down so far. Gotta get more in before I go to bed. Also,,,, the more days that go by, the easier it is to sleep through the night!! So that's something for you to look forward to!!

Ok ladies, I'm going to go for now. But I'll post later to let you know if I did the whole 80oz.!!

Until then.

Marti
Closed Thread