Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 12:41 PM   #181  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'10"

here it is..

now again the 88g of pizza bagels = 4
2 tablespoons of the iced tea mix = 8oz glass

im sure i had more water in between and more to drink.. but i was doing this at the end of the day and didnt get to add it all up!
Old 09-19-2003, 01:41 PM   #182  

xdas7x,

Yes that number is right, believe me I was shocked. Now normally I don't eat like that. I do eat somewhere between 1281 was my lowest day and my highest day (not counting chinese destruction day) was 1731, so I'm doing pretty good as far as staying under that 1900 number. As soon as my weight loss slows down or stops, while I'm still on plan, as I am supposed to be I will cut that 1900 number by 400. Until then that number plus the exercise is a formula that works. I don't get hungry, I don't get headaches,and I don't feel weak or get hot flashes, I do have lots of energy and feel healthy though so it's working for me for now anyways. I think if I ate as little as you that I'd feel weak at first.

That's me though, I'm a wuss like that. This time around for me everything is in baby steps. Little by little and I know nothing is happening overnight, but I'm ok with that too.

Have a great day!
Lisa

Last edited by friendsforfitness; 09-19-2003 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-19-2003, 01:46 PM   #183  

xdas7x,
One more thing...I just noticed that you too are almost at ONEDERLDAND!!! Good for you!

Kudos to a successful day 15 too!

Lisa
Old 09-19-2003, 03:43 PM   #184  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'10"

Lisa,
I know what you mean! I think you know when they say something 160 cal per serving.. and theres..... 4 servings.... IT ADDS UP!! Its funny cause when I look at stuff im like Oh ok this has 160 or 200cal.. i dont always take into account what is in the serving or how much Im going to eat so when you hear its 1,000+ cals you think oh my god! And u know its NOT bad but when u see 160 perse and dont take into acount the SERVINGS.. or serving size.. it can be shocking lol believe me I KNOW! I hope that at least made some sense.

Im doing good today, working hard for ONEDERLAND!! Im just afraid I wont get to see it but I cant stop now! I cant let 2 months of exercising go to waste and add up to me 20lbs heavier sitting on the couch with a bag of Lays chips.. **** no! (see Im getting all motivated!)

Doing good today, worked out for 30min on the walker machine thing.. I know I know I need to push myself if I want to lose faster but I just couldnt do it today. But I am feeling better and a new week will begin! So far I've had 64oz of water, (exercizing makes you damn thirsty!) and had a sandwich PBNJ hooray.

In other news I havent beent oo good on keeping up with discussion but I did read back--

Micherieko (i think i spelled that wrong sorry!)-
I read what happened, that person that attacked you and made fun of you. You know what? Its BS, and I know what its like- I was made fun of all through highschool.. and now I have this paranoia.. that ppl are always looking at me.... and I hate it so much. But you know what that person isnt worth it, I know it hurts, those comments usually do hurt.. its amazing how MEAN and CRUEL people can be.. but they arent worth it.. you are a beautiful person inside and out!!!!!!!!!!

And im also sorry to hear about your husband's grandfather's passing........ my heart goes out to you and him.... its hard losing someone..... but... i hope he had a long good life....

I know IM missing other things in here.....but well in all I hope everyone is doing well!!!
Old 09-19-2003, 11:24 PM   #185  

Height: 5'1"

Wink Day 17

Good evening ladies-

Day 17 here and I'm doing good. On the 4th bottle. Haven't finished it yet, but I will.

XDas7x - I used to have a problem with my calorie intake too when I first started a weight program, I journaled everything and for two weeks it only added up to not quite 1000. Not good. I used to work 12hr. shifts at work and I found it so hard to get in a meal or even feel like eating. But then I had the woman who ran this nutrition program to give me an example menu for a day to where I would eat more, but not so much that I felt miserable. I started eating a lot of fish and chicken. And so many veggies. I can't remember exactly all that I ate, but my calorie intake improved and I noticed a difference. I worked out a lot too. I would go to the gym after work and unwind. Yep you saw that right, after 12hrs. of work, working out actually helped me unwind and feel better. (I felt so good then too) Anyway, I think I'm wandering here.... I just wanted to let you know that I struggled too. Right now, I'm the opposite, I feel like I'm getting to much!! I guess I need to find that example menu and start that again.

I'm glad to see that everyone is doing great. And that everyone here is so supportive of others. It makes doing this a lot easier. I appreciate all your advice you girls give me. You're like family.

Well, I need to get going, I'm feeling really tired today. Had a lot going on. It feels like it never ends!!!

Chat with you tomorrow

Marti
Old 09-20-2003, 02:19 AM   #186  

Hi ladies, i'm new to this site and just fell in love with this challenge!

So my b- lated challenge will be to drink my water and do 15 push ups and sit ups daily

Jennifer
Old 09-20-2003, 03:30 AM   #187  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking JJ jumps in!!

Chocolate! Leave Photogirl alone!! No, she can't come out and play with you no more! Yo, Photogirl, I hear you on the seductive calls. That would be so hard having the stuff lying around like that. Maybe you can ask your boss to keep it out of sight. Have you tried that? for making it through Day 2! Keep it up! You can do this!

Purple for YOU! Hurrah for friendsforfitness for a stupendous streak to Day 8! You's smokin' Purple is the color of royalty in Japan. Also for all auspicious occasions. So count yourself among the bluebloods! (or should that be purplebloods?!?)

I understand your excitement about discovering the tons of calories in Chinese food. Knowledge is empowering. I got shivers reading your post because I think learning this is going to put you in the driver's seat -- with a license to burn rubber! There are foods out there that just pack the calories in like you wouldn't believe and I think that's what the manufacturers (and restaurant proprietors) are hoping we won't do -- believe! But now that you're armed with that knowledge you can make the choice, take it or leave it BUT this time you know . . . the real price!

Oh, and thanks for unknowingly clueing me in to the fact that I couldn't see the signatures under people's names because I had them turned off. When you spoke of Onederland (great name!) I was wondering how you knew this and then I remembered I'd seen these things before so I went in and changed my options and voila! there they were. Thanks!

xDas7x, to you for Day 15. You're almost there! You know, you don't seem to eat very much, do you? I bet you need to increase your muscle mass and that'll help eat up the calories. It makes a big, big difference. You're doing all your exercising now which'll definitely help too. But you might want to think about adding a bit of weightlifting. Have you ever thought of that? Sorry, I'm BIG into weightlifting! It really changed my life and that's not an exaggeration.

M.N.J., Little shots of martinis, huh?! Good for you for getting that water in too! And after the martinis! Someone's burnin'! Congrats to you on getting to 17!! Hope you're feeling more energetic soon. Sometimes I go for days just dragging but I don't let them get to me much. Just take them as they come and slog through without giving them too much thought. Have to go into energy-saving mode.

AND!! I saved you to last but a BIG WELCOME to JenniferJeanne!! Hello and thanks for joining us. Jeanne is my middle name, same spelling! Yeah! Sharing time. JJ, you're not belated because you can jump in here anytime. We count to 21 and when we get there we start over (if we feel like it). If you slip up you go back to No. 1 and start over! So give us a Day and we will cheer you on. Slip up and we will cheer you on. But just get here! Good luck to you!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-20-2003 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:06 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default On to Day 3!

Yes.. I beat out the chocolate fiend yesterday.... Red, the candy and chocolate has been like this in my office since I started... and lately, it's a FISH thing... (FISH PHILOSOPHY... a work enviroment program). I was thinking my bosses bag should have been ALMOST empty by yesterday, but low and behold, the pregnant girl brought in THREE MORE BAGS yesterday. Anyway... it's all about CHOICES. And I choose NOT to have the chocolate. There is another girl beside me who is doing Atkins, and we have already decided, come December at the company Christmas party, we are going to be the two sexy skinny ones while everyone one else is over stuffed from all the chocolate and candy that is always out! That will be our reward! :-) It's getting easier... just I tend to get a little cranky when they bring it right out in front of me and eat it.

So... For the end of day 2, I avoided the chocolate.... (wish I could say that about the pizza I had last night)

And I did 45 minutes on the treadmill and triceps work! So Day 2 was a success!

I am in the beginning of Day 3, and it shouldn't be too hard!

Welcome Jennifer! This is a great group... very supportive and keeps you on track for accountability!

Marti... wtg on the water! You are doing such a great job! Martinis huh? I have only had one and didn't quite know what to think about it!

xDas7X.. I think I am in the same boat as you... not eating enough. If we just knew the magic formula for optimim weight loss... then we would all be doing great!

Lisa.. what a wake up call with finding out the calorie count! I have never been good at counting calories.... keep up the great work!

Ok... time for me to start doing my weekly housework.. that counts as exercise doesn't it? Hahaha....

Have a great Saturday!

Cherie
Old 09-20-2003, 11:10 AM   #189  

Angry Day 9 was just fine!

64 more ounces down and out! (literally) :LOL:

Welcome Jennifer!! I absolutely love this site and this challenge too! It really has helped me knowing I have to start all over again if I screw up.

YAY Photogirl!! I knew you could do it!!

Wow Redballoon that was a really fun and positive post! What day are you on? i think you're getting pretty close to the finish line aren't you?

M.N.J. is only 4 days away YAY!!!!

xdas7x- YOU CAN DO IT!!! We are all rooting for you!!
That Onderland will be here before you know it!

Day 10 is starting off pretty good I get to drive my Mom's PURPLE Mustang until we buy a new van since our is now going to junkyard heaven and I drove all different routes from my house to clock how far different walks would be. WOW a mile is pretty long. I'll get there one day though.

Good Luck to all,
Lisa
Old 09-21-2003, 12:08 AM   #190  

Height: 5'1"

Angry Day 18

Hello!!
Today was a slow day for my water, but I did it. And I also had my weigh in today and I lost 2lbs. Down to 142!! I'm doing the happy dance! Water is doing something good for me. Starting next week I'll be incorporating excercises. And by the end of the month, my sweetie and I decided to get our membership back at the gym!! I'm getting hyped!!

Only 3more days to go!!!

Marti
Old 09-21-2003, 01:09 AM   #191  
Never give up

Thumbs down We're crusin'!

Hello all! I'm on Day 18 here! Going strong and it's because I know I have all of you to report in to. You know, it's funny, the staying off sugar is not hard for me anymore because reaching for it is not a habit anymore and checking for it on labels has become a habit. But, I want you all to know that (and I know I've said this before but. . .) I would just never NOT eat sugar if I hadn't committed to this challenge and just say, No. I'm not doing that.. I think with the sugar thing too I've learned that my body reacts to it and is set off on a binge, craving more if I have a little bit. Well, what's a little bit? A candy bar or donut is not really a little after all. So, I know that staying away from it totally is doable but just cutting down isn't. That's why I've been allowing myself a binge day in between challenges and that has really worked for me. Okay, enough of me. Just wanted to fill you in.

Photogirl, that is a really tough environment you're in. I would hate that. It's a real shame that people are bringing in junk food and using that as some sort of "philosophy." I wonder, couldn't you talk about what you're trying to do and ask if people mightn't try to bring in healthful foods, like fruit or dried fruit, nuts, seeds or the likes. Candy is cheap and easy, but it's just such low-quality eating. It's a shame that people still think of junk like this as "goodies" and "treats." It's like brainwashing.

For you and to help in your defense strategies I suggest you read some of the books written on just what processed sugar does to your body. It's pretty scary reading. I really applaud your commitment to yourself here and your health. And your philosophy of "choice" is one that is really going to move you along. I love the idea too of you and your friends being knockouts at the Christmas party. I'd keep that image in mind and maybe even keep a photo of some great outfit on your desk or something to keep reminding yourself of your aim. Well, good luck to you! Here's wishing you luck through Day 3!

friendsforfitness! A purple Mustang! How cool! And you floating high on Hurrah for you! I love the idea of you driving around surveying the area, clocking out walking routes and all. That is real planning. You've got the mind of a strategist, don't you! Love it! Yeah, a mile is pretty long but it can be pretty enjoyable. I love walking. I use the time to think out things, work on stories in my head before I sit down to write (that's my work) and on days where I'm not feeling too up or energetic I make tapes and play them on my Walkman. It makes all the difference to be swinging along to some great music. In fact, I love to walk just to listen to the music sometimes. Good luck to you too. You see how feeling good about the accomplishments you've made with drinking water is leading to more things? You're tuning in to that power inside now. It's like, have you ever played around with a radio dial, listening for new stations or weird transmissions, found something and then were able to bring it in clearer by maybe moving the radio or fiddling with the antenna too? Well, I think that's what it's like to be finding this power inside you. It's there but, yeah, it needs help to come out and that's what you're doing. You're helping yourself, bringing out those cool transmissions from within. (Add Twilight Zone music here!

M.N.J., you're almost there! Day 18! And major congrats for the 2 lbs blasted into oblivion! Way to go, YOU! I've got to hurry my butt up and catch up with you. You're getting too far ahead. I think I'm still around 150. Only have a kilo scale here. But I'm packing on muscle. But, oh, my, no sleek bodybuilder here! But this time I'm going to do it.

Another thing I want to say though to all you, we may be at different stages in our goals, our transformations, our works of art, but the numbers do not really matter. I mean, they're not the real focus. Whether you're 100, 200, 300 pounds or nearing 400, the process has the same elements. It's a project, a creation, a work of art in the making. We're works of art at any given moment I like to think. It's not that we're unfinished and "getting" there. It's, "here's me at this point, and this one, and this one" and it's like all different sculptures, different looks, EACH one unique and interesting and a joy to look at, to contemplate, both the inner and outer aspects of that "sculpture." I think this is what art appreciation is all about.

Last edited by redballoon; 09-21-2003 at 01:15 AM.
Old 09-21-2003, 04:25 PM   #192  

Day 3 & 4 doing fine. I think I'm going to start posting my points/calories each day. Even though I'm journaling I'm not staying below at a level that will help me be successful. So, starting tomorrow, I'll let you know. The accountability is so very important to me. I have a friend who holds me accountable ensuring I attend our yoga class and our new aeorbic class. Knowing that she is counting on me, expecting to see me in class gives me that extra incentive to not miss class.

Have a great day
Old 09-21-2003, 05:24 PM   #193  
Never give up

FunAtA2d, good for you for getting through Day 4. Sounds good on posting the calories. Accountability is a massive help to me as well. This is why I like this thread, because it's simple and you either did it or you didn't and if you didn't then you have to start over. Tough but easy to understand.

I just woke up from a dream where I was eating caramels and then suddenly I realized what I'd been doing. I thought, "were those really caramels?" and then thought, "yes, they were and they do have sugar in them." And it was like, "oh, no, now I have to go back to Day 1 and I was on Day 18!" Then I woke up.

Well, it WAS only a dream. Today is the beginning of Day 19. Just three more!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-21-2003 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-21-2003, 05:28 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default In the mist of Day 4

And I am going strong! :-) Because of this challenge I set for myself... I didn't slack off yesterday. I made myself do 10 minutes of triceps, biceps and shoulder work before going to bed... Had I not made myself accountable for this challenge, yesterday could have been a day I would have blown it off!

Today, I have already done my arm work again.... I will be working on my abs tape this evening... and do some time on the ellpitcal machine as well...

You know what I have figured out? It's easier NOT to do something, than to make yourself do something everyday... at least that seems to be the case with me. Maybe I just need to turn around my way of thinking about exercise.. instead of making myself do something every day.... I should NOT be lazy all day. I have been doing great on the NOT having chocolate... so maybe if I just think that I should NOT be a couch bum... maybe that will work too! :-)

Good Luck FunAtA2d.... I wish I had a friend like yours to help me out... but in a way.. you all are helping me out is close to the same way as your friend!

Redballoon! Way to go! You are almost there! You are doing such a great job! And as for the work enviroment.. well, I am CHOOSING not to eat it... I know that there will always be candy around, so when I am ready for it, and I am in maintance mode, and not losing weight mode.. then I can have it. So, just knowing that I am not depriving myself of it forever, gets me past the immediate WANT for it. I WANT to be healthy and fit and slim more than I want the 2 seconds of a chocolate high.

Marti!!! Way to go on the weight loss..... you are doing a great job too! Water is wonderful.... Helps keep you feeling full so you won't eat when you don't need to, and it helps keep the body flushed out so you won't be retaining water.. and I really love what it does to the complextion....

Lisa.. a purple mustang? How cool is that!!! You go girl! That sounds like such a fun car to drive.. and the PERFECT color.. haha.. I am another purple lover too!

Anyway... Day 4 is shaping up great... I was even able to give my girls some hersey kisses and not even want one myself! :-) Whole bag up on top of the fridge where my stepdad left them two weeks ago.. and I haven't had ONE! Had to put them out of sight... but whatever works right?

Have a great Sunday!

Cherie
Old 09-21-2003, 05:35 PM   #195  
Never give up

Lightbulb new look on things

Photogirl, Hi there. You must have been typing while I was and I just saw your post and wanted to say Congratulations! on getting through another day!

You know, that's a real interesting twist on the "doing, NOT doing" way of looking at things. Yes, I've found too, it's easier NOT to do something. Just feels like so much work to be doing something. But you're right, and eating the wrong foods is still doing something. I like the idea of NOT wanting to sit around on my butt but to MOVE it. Thanks for the perspective!!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-21-2003 at 05:38 PM.
Closed Thread