Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 06:51 PM   #196  

Hi eberyone, I just wanted to check in and let you know that day 10 was a success, and today is day 11 and I only have about 3 more ounces of water to drink until my goal is met for today. Sounds like everyone is doing great! YAY for Us!!! I'll write more tomorrow.

Take Care & Keep Smilin'
Lisa

PS Yeah, Mom's car has been fun!
Old 09-21-2003, 09:33 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 210/198/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi kids. I'm finally back. There was a lot going on but things are finally calm. I've been using this diet power software and it's amazing to find out how unhealthy your diet can be. I didn't think I was doing too bad but yeah... it's bad! So, I need to start eating better. I've found that having the water super cold is the only way I can choke it down. Otherwise, I get really sick to my stomach. I always picture little kids peeing in the pool when I drink warm water.... I know that's sick but I can't help it!

I haven't been doing any of my goals... Well... the one about writing 1 page per day... I did that + more... I'm almost done. I have 213 pages. If I keep up the pace like I have been, I should be done with writing by Wednesday. Then I have to edit a little, then have someone proof read, and then re edit the mistakes my proofer finds. Then it's time to find a publisher. I think that will be the hardest part.

If anyone wants to NOT eat... read this excerpt from my book:
Adam slowly approached Sachiko; her lips curling into a malicious grin. Adam brought her fingernail to Sachiko's face and gently slid it across her cheek, which opened like a flower to Adam's slightest touch.
Adam giggled as Mayu let out a small sob. Then, without any further show, she brought her fingernail down swiftly, slicing into Sachiko's stomach. Sachiko's intestines then slowly spilled to the floor. After torturous moments of gore, Mayu saw the last bit fall to the ground in a pile of bloody innards.

Yum yum! I'm so morbid

I'm glad everyone is staying on track! I hope I will eventually take a step in the right direction. I just need to be forced. Maybe if I buy Chris a cattle prod for Christmas...
Old 09-21-2003, 11:01 PM   #198  

Height: 5'1"

Angry Day 19

Michireiko- I would be very interested in reading your book. It sounds intense. Let me know when you get it published!!

I want to congratulate everyone on the progress here. Just coming here should be a challenge don't you think?

I'm on day 19 and can't believe it. I need to start thinking of another challenge. I have one in mind, a seperate one from the one week challenge that I plan on doing starting tomorrow. But for now, I've done well and I surprise even myself!! But I did and I thank you all for the great words of support here!!

Redballoon--- your post are always very colorful and I always look forward to reading what you have to say!! Thank you

Ok, making this short getting dinner on. (yeah, it's 8:00 and late) maybe that should be a challenge... not eating after 8:00!!!

Until tomorrow ladies
Marti
Old 09-22-2003, 08:51 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Default Day 5 Going Strong!

This is getting easier.... and now that I have made a commitment for the one week challenge, that is part of this challenge... I know this week will breeze by!

I can face my chocolate today, and get past it! I have chocolate at home for my girls and not touch it... in fact... at the moment... just not really interested in it! :-)

Everyone Good Luck this Monday.... I have payroll to run, so I need to get off here and get busy!

Talk Soon!

Cherie
Old 09-22-2003, 07:34 PM   #200  

I did something baka.

I ate 5 of this mini 100 Grand candy bars... The calories added up I ate almost 500 calories worth of candy! That's horrible.

But the water is still going down!
Old 09-22-2003, 08:50 PM   #201  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Question want to start a new thread . . .

OK, everyone, good to see you're all moving along. I'm on DAY 20 here! Just one more to go till I take a little break and come back, swingin'!!

friendsforfitness, for Day 10 and by the time you read this, you'll probably have made it through 11 as well! I'm so proud of you! I can see you toolin' around in that cool purple machine and I hope you're feeling smug in your sense of accomplishment of what you've set out to do here because you are doing it!

michireiko, how are you doing? Don't worry about the candy bars. It's not baka ("stupid" for our non-Japanese readers). It just IS. No big deal. I've been reading your posts and seeing you talk about failing and not meeting your goals and saying you need a swift kick in the butt and I hear all these judgments about yourself. I see so many people get trapped in this seeming attempt at change. What it really is though is just another excuse and one that on top of not moving you toward positive change, makes you feel bad about yourself -- though you may not even realize it.

So michi, I want you to get back on a new track, set yourself a very, very doable goal, a simple one-element goal and do it with us. Count to 21, clear and simple. You either make it or you don't and if you don't you don't whine and complain and make excuses, you very simply start counting over again. OK? Got it? That's what this challenge is about. It's an action thread, not one for airing your shortcomings, your lack of persistence or any other number of things that keep us spinning our wheels.

This place is here to help you feel empowered but in order for it to help you you have to stick to the rules! Okay, let's go for it. Tell me your goal. If you've been drinking water straight through then tell me what day you're on and keep with that.

And by the way, I've been here in Tokyo for 20 years, am a writer and reporter and yeah, I guess I like it enough, enough to have stayed here for two decades. I hope you get a chance to come to Japan sometime if it intrigues you. And, by the way, do you have your costume pic ready yet? I want to take a look.

M.N.J, Hurrah for you for making it to Day 19. We're neck and neck, aren't we? But no one loses here. It's OUR race, each one of us. Thanks for saying you liked my colorful posts. I just try to keep it fun, yet sincere. I sense an energy in your posts that wasn't there before. You sound much stronger, much more determined, yet in a relaxed and steady way, not a panicky way. Don't know if that's true but I get that feeling and it's nice! :

Photogirl, you too sound like you're powering along strong and steady. The first few days of this challenge are hard because of the low numbers but you're on 5 and sounding fine. I love the fact that you are ruling sovereign over chocolate. In your environment that is no small feat whatsoever!! Keep it up!

I'm going to start up a new thread because this one's getting long and rather unwieldy, especially with a dialup modem and the high cost of being online for me. I'll let you all know when the new thread starts (it's just a continuation of this one) by putting the link here so you can click on it and move over.

Later . . .!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-22-2003 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:37 PM   #202  

Talking Made it through day 11 without a glitch!

I guess I'm at the half way point. I never woulda thought I'd make it this far even. I'm proud of me and it's not even over yet.

Good luck to all.

Lisa
Old 09-22-2003, 10:16 PM   #203  

Talking Day 20

Day 20 ladies!! Only one more day and I start all over!! I've done well today. I drank lots of water today, all 80oz. and I've been really watching how much and what I eat. And today was a toughy for me. Went out for lunch and I was tempted by all these juicy hamburgers.... but ...... I went with the chicken breast sandwhich!! Woohoo!! Not too shabby!! Will power I guess. I almost caved in though.

Redballoon- I feel stronger. I have my ups and downs but when I started... I struggled. I still do, but it doesn't seem to get me as much. Thanks for noticing.

Lisa- Congrats on the half way point!! I got all kinds of antsy when I was half way. And to think I'm going to start something new and do it all over again!

Michireiko- Don't worry to much about the candybars. Now that you realize how much it all was, I'm sure you'll hesitate the next time you feel you want one. I had cookies here and I kept eating them... finally I saw how the jar was getting low and I was the only one eating them. I put a stop to that!!

Cherie- I was so glad when things started getting easier for me... glad to hear that it's getting easier for you!!

Only one day left. I plan on staying with the 80oz. of water though. And the next challenge will be more of a challenge for me. I mulled it over as to what it is that I was going to do and I thought of what is the hardest thing for me to do. And I finally narrowed it down to one. But I won't post that until my first day!! But I do have to admit... I can see myself starting over at least once.... But lets be positive!! I will make it through the whole 21days =NO PROBLEM!!

Ok, I'm rambling on. I will chat tomorrow.
Marti
Old 09-22-2003, 10:50 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Angry Closing out day 5

No chocolate... and plenty of exercise! :-)

I even resisted my temptation to snack this afternoon.. so even though that isn't my challenge... it was ranking right up there with chocolate today!

Going to bed everyone! Will write more tomorrow!

Cherie
Old 09-23-2003, 03:38 AM   #205  

Smile

OKay I got a big realization today. I've been doing the dietpower software and that's been helping me, but I've got to do a lot more exercises. Tonight, I tried on my old skirt and my guts were hanging over it, and I was like NOOOOO! So, I did 25 sit-ups and 50 flutterkicks. I know it was just my first night, but I felt really glad that I even did a little, so I've set 2 goals for me, and I am sure I can do them...

I will do 25 sit ups per night and 20 flutterkicks. And, since after I did that exercise I drank like a camel, I really found what helps it go down easier. I'm on day 3 of my water challenge, but I'm gonna just say I'm at day one because it's easier for me to count that way.

Everyone is right about the water - it does get easier to drink! I was scared of it but I'm not anymore. It's not nearly as bad as I was thinking. It's actually pretty good

M.N.J - you're almost there Are you gonna make new goals or just start with the same goal again?

Photogirl - It's good you're getting plenty of exercise! I'm gonna start doing the same myself ^_^

On a different note, I have a terrible case of writers block ... I need someone to kick me in the head and get the blood flowing again! I might start walking the track because that way, I can get a lot of thinking done and maybe something will pop in my head. I'm at the final battle and the book is almost done. My brain picked a great time to quit working, but also pick a good time for me to start exercising!

Last edited by michireiko; 09-23-2003 at 03:43 AM.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:27 AM   #206  
Never give up

Thumbs down We're movin' and agroovin'!!!

Lisa, good for you for getting through Day 11! I'm glad you're proud! Keep it up!

M.N.J. You're almost there. Great save on the hamburger temptation and on curtailing the great cookie feast. And 80 oz. of water. That's not easy. You're doing swell! I can't wait to hear about your next challenge! Keeping us in suspense, huh?

Cherie, no chocolate, no snacking. Day 5! Groovy!! Notice my retro language in this post? Feeling retro today, feelin' good! Really kicked A at the gym.

michi! Excellent stuff I'm hearing here. Situps and flutterkicks. Cool! And thinking of the track to beat the block?! I walk all the time when I need to mull and hatch a story. It's the best thing for shaking the brain into action. Good luck!

Old 09-23-2003, 04:06 PM   #207  

Angry

I couldn't wait until tonight to do my exercise so I went ahead and did it early. So, day 2 with my exercise is down. It's still early so I still have some water to drink, but I don't think it will be a problem.

I'm going to my friends house tonight to watch Ayashi no Ceres (An awesome anime. I think it translates to 'Ceres' Doubting' but I'm not sure!). Hopefully it will help me get some of my book going.

I'm mad at my dietpower software because it doesn't have sit ups or flutterkicks listed, so I'm just gonna but it down as intense aerobic dancing.
Old 09-23-2003, 05:54 PM   #208  

Talking Day 12 is done!

Just wanted to check in and say Hi to everyone. I've already finished my water today and that means I can have a diet A&W when I get home. YAY! for me! Michi, Nice job on Day 2 success! Tomorrow is day 13 for me and it WILL NOT be unlucky.

Take it easy,
Lisa

Old 09-23-2003, 10:15 PM   #209  

Talking WooHoo!! DAY 21!!!

Day 21 here!! And I am proud to say that I succeeded in drinking all 80oz. today. I was so thirsty today and I don't know why...
But I am happy to say that I survived 21 days of filling up the bladder hoping I wouldn't burst.
Starting tomorrow I plan on starting another 21 days striving to succeed in yet another challenge.

Redballoon: Do we continue here or are you planning on starting another thread? Let us know.

Lisa: Awesome on the water girl!! A&W sounds good right now!! Got me craving one. But I would have to do some shopping.... so I guess it's just water.

Michireiko: Excellent on the excercise!!! And getting it done the first half of the day!! Good job!!

Cherie: Good for you for excercise and no chocolate!! What a time to stay away from chocolate with all the Halloween candy out there!! I admire your strength!!

Well tomorrow I will start another challenge. And believe me, this one is difficult. Maybe not for many, but for me it has been. I plan on having breakfast every morning!! No excuses. I used to be so good at breakfast, but I can tell you that in the last 6months I've probably ate only 2 breakfast's each month. And with starting school next week, getting up early to leave and study, I need brain food first thing in the morning. I believe that if I ate breakfast, I wouldn't feel soooo hungry by noon. (or coarse we all know that-but doing it is another thing) It would help me in the long run.

Anyway as silly as this challenge may sound to anyone, that is what I'm doing. So Redballoon.....theres my challenge. And if you plan on starting a new thread since this one is long..... let me know!!

Chat with you all tomorrow.

Marti
Old 09-23-2003, 10:53 PM   #210  
Never give up

Talking Hip, hip, hooray! for M.N.J.!!

M N J

has made it through her 21-DAY CHALLENGE!!

You rule, Marti!!! Hats off to you!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-23-2003 at 11:03 PM.
Closed Thread