Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 09:25 PM   #46  

Height: 5'1"

Angry Day five

Looks like everyone is doing very good with their 21 day challenge. I'm glad to see this is here. Picking one thing to do everyday for 21 days, then moving onto something new, is an excellent idea!

It's day 5 for me and I've done well. I've downed three and half 20oz. water bottles today. Not to shabby!! And using the water bottle is so much easier to get the water in!!

Do you do this 21day challenge all the time?? Because I'm already thinking of what I want to do for the next one. If so,,, let me know and count me in!!!

I congratulate EVERYONE on their success with this!! It is inspirational to me to see that others are in the same boat as I am and seeing everyone succeed helps me feel better knowing that I too will succeed. What great place.

Thanks everyone

Marti
Old 09-07-2003, 10:01 PM   #47  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Arrow keeping it going

Heh, M.N.J., good to see you're drinking all that water. It's really important and your body will love you!

About this challenge. Amarantha started it and I did it twice. When she moved on to greener pastures I took up the baton and have continued it and started this last one. I get a lot out of it and I too look forward to the next challenge and the next even if I do the same thing. And remember, it can be behavioral changes too that may not be really directly related to eating or exercise but still will affect that in the end, so yeah, I plan to keep it going. Glad to know you're enjoying it!

Old 09-08-2003, 01:29 AM   #48  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks Red Balloon for the support. I was successful at day 5. Again I almost didn't exercise as I got an unexpected visitor just as we were about to go for a walk. But I found an old exercise video and did it late tonight.
Diana
Old 09-08-2003, 01:49 AM   #49  
Never give up

to you DewCan for Day 5 under your belt. That was an awesome save on the exercise! Hurrah for you!! That's really inspiring!

Old 09-08-2003, 05:57 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Just dropping in today ladies after a busy weekend....I know it's not weigh in till Thursday...but I AM DOWN TO 180.5!!!! What a way to start the day! HAve a great day everyone!
Old 09-08-2003, 06:47 AM   #51  
Never give up

Hotsplashes, that's great news! That means you're only half a pound from your goal for this challenge. That's great to hear. You must be so happy! I'm really happy for you!

Old 09-08-2003, 11:52 AM   #52  
Gonna be strong and fit!

Smile DAY 21!!!!

I DID it!! Made it through 21 days!! This weekend went really well. Thank you all for your support!

Tomorrow I'll start Day 1, doing the same challenge but adding working out 4x/wk instead of the 3x I do now.

I do really well on my water only cause I drink it from a water bottle. Glasses I can never do!

Hope you all are having a great monday(tuesday?redballoon?)

BoBeena
Old 09-08-2003, 12:42 PM   #53  

Day 4 -- Kept my journal even though I went over my top limit (by 7 WW points). Usually, if I find I'm going over my limit in points or if I don't journal and think I've exceeded my points, I say "ta' heck" with it and make poor choices. The "all or nothing" rule. Because I made a commitment to myself and all of you, I kept the journal regardless. The benefit was that I only exceeded my limit by 7 points versus giving up and exceeding by a lot of points. I also met my commitment of exercising.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:23 PM   #54  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

BoBeena
You did it. 21 days.
I've done 6 days. Not quite as impressive. I've had all my water by 3 pm, (I'm impressed with that), done my situps, and my exercise (2 mile walk).
Diana
Old 09-08-2003, 07:04 PM   #55  
deleted2

Bo-Beena I'm so happy for you that you made it thru all the parties--I know how difficult that can be. Sooo, what are you going to do to reward yourself? Share!

DewCan, You're doing splendidly!

FunAtA2d, I don't know what I'd do without my journal. On the left I write down my food, and on the right I talk about all the emotional stuff and where I might've slipped and strategies to do it better next time, etc.

HotSplashes, you're doing so well!

RedBalloon, could you share some of your ideas for avoiding sugar? You're right, it's everywhere!

MNJ, XDasX7x, how goes it?

I've had a great day! Calorie total for the day 1325 and I had loads of food. I did 5 miles on the treadmill, 20 min. Of Pilates, 20 min. of yoga, and 25 min of dumbell exercises---and tons of water.
I hope tomorrow is 1/2 as good. I have to do lunch for 50 people and that's always a bit stressful, tos ay the least!

Old 09-08-2003, 07:19 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

WOOHOO!! Look at all the wonderful 21 Day people!

MNJ, Glad you could join us! Keep on going! You're doing great!

Dewcan, Edyie, Redballoon, Funat, you are bunch of go getters! I hope we all do another 21 day list again soon. It seems alot of us are at the same day or close to it! So lets keep it up!

BO BEEEEEEEENNNNAAAAa !!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY you did your 21 challenge!!! Congratulations...time to do another one! Keep up the good work!
Old 09-08-2003, 10:35 PM   #57  

Angry Day Six

Hello everyone!

I didn't realize how many are doing this. This is great. How inspirational. And you are all so welcoming. I post with the Jaded Ladies also... and I come to find that no matter where you post, you're always welcomed!:

Well, it doesn't feel like day 6, but I guess it is... and I did great today with the water. I drank four of those 20oz bottles of water and I'm on the last one for the day. So that would be....five!! My bladder is angry with me, but I've done this before and I will eventually get used to it. Nothing like dreaming your swimming in the ocean!!

Congratulations to Bo-beena for making it to 21 days!! You've inspired me to keep going!!

Hi to everyone and I will check back in tomorrow.

Marti
Old 09-09-2003, 01:25 AM   #58  
Never give up

Talking Bo-Beena is a MEGA SUCCESS!!!

HURRAH Bo-Beena!! Congratulations on completing your 21-Day Challenge! Hats off to you for getting through some very rough party days as well! Yes, please tell us how you are going to reward yourself for this amazing feat!

And I'm very impressed with the jumping right in to the NEXT CHALLENGE You are surely an inspiration to many people doing this challenge, including ME! So, thank you!

to FunAtA2d, who has made it through Day 4 and with excellent insight into the rather horrible phrase. . . NOT throwing the baby out with the bath water! Well, it kind of relates, right? I know JUST how that is and that is why I MUST get back to keeping a journal myself. I used to do the "what the heck" routine too. Like I'd slip up and have a bit of some "forbidden food" and then just call the day a total loss and gorge on every sort of forbidden food under the sun and then some! Hello?!?!? What kind of skewed, warped, twisted logic is this? Oh, just me! Kind of like, "Oops I've stubbed my toe. Well, might as well just take a sledgehammer and bash my whole foot with it, right?! Ok, little sick humor there. No, but really, that was a great save, Fun. Are you doing these awesome saves just to keep us oohing and ahhing? Well, you're doing a good job of it! Keep it up!

Oh, DewCan, 6 days IS impressive to you! And getting it out of the way early too. This girl doesn't fool around!

Wow, Eydie, that WAS an excellent day! Way to go! 5 miles on the treadmill!? You're going to be covering coast to coast at this rate!
Oh, and I don't think I have any special ideas for avoiding sugar, really. I just force myself to read labels and I stay away from bakery bread cause (at least here) most of it has a lot of sugar in it. When you stay away from sugar for a while you can really taste it lurking in foods that aren't labeled as containing sugar.

I also decided not to have any sweeteners because I wanted to wean myself off the ultra sweet taste and that's really the only way to do it. If I must have something sweet (not naturally sweet) I'll have a bit of sugarless gum. But the best thing is, as a indulgence, to have some of the sweeter fruits, like pineapple or watermelon. I don't do that often though because anything that gets me back in that sweet mindset is likely to just make staying away from sugar harder.

Basically I just don't have any sugar-containing foods around me. Now, I know that would be hard with a family but it's just me and my cats. I have considered eating some of the brown sugar cubes I have for my horse but I have resisted! Thank God. Also, I make fresh vegetable juice and drink that in mega quantities. That seems to do something good with my blood sugar or alkaline levels or something and I dont' get cravings. I have been wanting sugar the past couple days and I hadn't been drinking the juice so today I bought the veggies and they're sitting there waiting to be transformed into my magic drink! Well, I'd say more (after saying I had nothing to say, huh?!) but I don't want to hog space here.

Heh, Hotsplashes, I'm right there with you. It's really a commitment thing, isn't it? and saying I'm going to do it and being accountable to you all does make it happen. WHO makes it happen? YOU make it happen! I make it happen! (Heh, I'll have to use this as an exercise teaching English to some students of mine!

M.N.J., to you on chugging that water down. Oh, don't worry about the bladder. It's just surprised probably. Did you really dream you were swimming in the ocean? By the way, if that's you in the picture with the equally adorable chihuahua (spelling?) then you are much too young to be jaded! Keep up the good work. We's here for ya!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-09-2003 at 01:33 AM.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:47 AM   #59  

Much to young? I'm 32. The picture was taken in Feb or March. So it's recent. (if almost a year is recent)

No, I didn't really dream of swimming in the ocean, but let me tell you, there is always something about water or a toilet in my dreams lately!! Terrible isn't it?

Before I go....I drank five of those things and I'm getting used to just grabbing the bottle and taking a swig. It's the last one for the night!!

Until tomorrow ladies...
Marti
Old 09-09-2003, 02:16 AM   #60  
Never give up

Wink everybody's young when you're over 40!

OK, M.N.J., don't rub it in! You are very young-looking in that pic! I would have said 20 or so. Anyhow, I was just kidding. That is funny about the water/toilet dreams though.

Good luck on keeping it up! Grab. . .swig . . .grab . . .swig. Heh, you could do it to music!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-09-2003 at 02:19 AM.
Closed Thread